Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" - Literature (709) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (488474 Views)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) ... (725) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Kaycee7(m): 3:09am On Nov 14, 2015
SlimAdenike:
I'm searching for a novel called the palm wine drinkard written by author Amos Tutuola.

Anybody heard of it?
I have. Long time ago. Should be approximately 10 years ago. It's a really interesting read.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by SlimAdenike(f): 12:40am On Nov 15, 2015
Kaycee7:
I have. Long time ago. Should be approximately 10 years ago. It's a really interesting read.

Yes,I love that novel a lot.... Do you where I can get a copy?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 18, 2015
Cuddlemii:

No, I am more of a planner/organizer/initiator/instigator/hostess/? cheesy
Hello. How do I send my write up? Am also a write
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Kaycee7(m): 2:38pm On Nov 20, 2015
SlimAdenike:

Yes,I love that novel a lot.... Do you where I can get a copy?
Sorry I don't
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by johnspurgeon014(m): 12:09pm On Nov 21, 2015
boyo123:
true bro.so can u link me to any of the movie guys you know,let them just take a look at my story.

Add me up on bbm 5931EDBD
or WhatsApp +2348034845878
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by boyo123(m): 12:24pm On Nov 21, 2015
johnspurgeon014:

Add me up on bbm 5931EDBD or WhatsApp +2348034845878
ok thanks bro.will add u on whatsapp
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by bellovers(m): 11:27pm On Nov 24, 2015
check it out guys. I guarantee you you will enjoy this story https://www.nairaland.com/2695510/love-non-human
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Kendrick419(m): 12:34am On Nov 26, 2015
passport of Malamud ilya what a hot book I love books dat keep u going
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by alfredolski(m): 2:11pm On Nov 26, 2015
adamondroc:
Entertainment articles, news, gist and other stuffs writers needed at www.sharemyfame.com.ng
how do you operate?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by owcheychey(f): 6:04pm On Nov 30, 2015
Hello everyone. I'm new to writing on Nairaland and so I don't have plenty experience.

https://www.nairaland.com/2747090/bimbo-badoo

That's the link to the story I've been writing. I'm open to criticism, suggestions and of course some encouragement.

To all the writers on NL, I say "Una dey try! Well done.It's not easy"

I look forward to seeing y'all on Bimbo badoo

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by adamondroc(m): 1:37pm On Dec 03, 2015
Good morning all and a very happy new month to you all.

STREET CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE

Its the twelfth month of the year, Christmas.

Your dreams are met for the year, so get creative this Xmas.

You don’t need to be a musician to take part, anyone can compete.

Pick up your phone, do an Xmas free style song, in any genre.

Be creative by sampling or covering popular Xmas tunes, sing about what the birth of Christ means to you.

Its not limited to music, you can do a dance, comedy, drama, etc.

As long as you have a creative Xmas.

1-Record a 90 second video of yourself singing any Christmas song like Silent Night.

2-Upload to YouTube

3-Drop the YouTube link as a comment on this post (www.sharemyfame.com.ng), with your name and email address.

4-Like our Facebook page on www.facebook.com/sharemyfameNG and follow us on Twitter @sharemyfame

5-Invite your friends to reply positively to your comment on our blog at www.sharemyfame.com.ng

The video with the highest vote or comment on our blog wins.

The competition starts from today till 25th of December 2015.

Let’s see how smart your phone is and how creative you are this Xmas.

You could be the winner and a package awaits you!!!

Please share or tell someone! Let’s share your fame!!
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by kramfonos(m): 1:46pm On Dec 05, 2015
TrapLORD:
Kramfono.s

Here of all places?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by MerryMe1(f): 5:22pm On Dec 06, 2015
UPDATE: OPENING DATE: 1ST DECEMBER 2015.
DEADLINE: 5th FEBRUARY 2016
ABOUT NAWOT:
The Nelson Adeyeye Writers Of Today(NAWOT) is an online competition that is organized by Sandra Adeyeye C.E.O of Eminent Creators in honor of her late father Mr. Nelson Adeyeye as a way to encourage the writing and reading culture of the Nigerian youth.
This competition promises to be an exciting and uplifting showcase of well-laid out Prose that promotes creativity at it's peak.
AWARDS:
There shall be a selection of the best twenty stories by our judges. These shall make up our anthology other prizes to be won include but are not restricted to:
Best writer Romance Category - 15,000
Best writer Science Fiction and Fantasy Category - 15,000
Best writer Mystery and Horror Category - 15,000
Best writer Action and Thriller Category - 15,000
Other consolation prizes, a copy of the anthology and other books shall follow.
RULES AND REGULATION:
In order to be eligible, participants are to note the following guidelines as regards submission of entries.
1) Participant must be a Nigerian youth between the ages of 16 - 30 years.
2) Participant must send a mail containing a black and white passport photograph, age, sex, phone numbers, email and facebook i.d in a separate mail from the mail bearing his entry.
3) Entry to be submitted must be Prose, original work of participant and must be an unpublished work, not submitted for any publication during the period of this competition.
NOTE: entry should not bear author's name on it. Just the title and the word count.
4) Entry must be between a 1,500 (minimum) - 2,500 (maximum) word count. Entries must be complete, concise and bear a comprehensive plot, i.e a beginning, middle and an end (no season). Entry font should be Arial size 12 and double spaced.
NOTE: subject of mail should signify what category the author is entering his story. No entries in PDF format will be accepted.
5) Participants can compete in four categories during this competition. I.e every writer is entitled to four entries per competition. Science fiction/fantasy category, mystery/horror category, action/thriller category and romance category.
NOTE: each entry attracts a fee of #1,000.
6) Every entry must have an attachment of the scanned bank draft which has the title of the submission boldly written on it.
Account name: Eminent Creators
Account number: 0201029142
Bank: Gtbank.
7) Every entry must be in English language, with minimal usage of vernacular; and if unavoidably used, must be explained as a footnote for better understanding.
cool All entries must be submitted to nelsonadeyeyewritersoftoday@gmail.com on or before 5 February 2016 (late entries will attract an extra fee of 500). Date for the prize-giving ceremony shall be communicated to participants via mail.
MODE OF SELECTION:
Participants will have excerpts from their stories displayed on our blog and Facebook page for voting by our public audience within a span of two weeks. Excerpts with the highest votes/comments within that period shall scale through to the next stage of selection.
Final announcement of the winners shall be left to the jurisdiction of the competition's in-house judges whose decisions shall be Binding and Final.
Finally: Writers retain the rights to the stories they submit for the NAWOT competition. The twenty winning stories are published as an anthology and open for purchase after the launching. After that, the winning authors are free to publish anywhere, as long as due credit is given to the NAWOT competition and/or Eminent Creators. Eminent Creators staff and NAWOT team members are not eligible to participate in the competition.
Good luck.

Signed:
Hillary Zita Successa
For the competition department.

For more information, send a message to nelsonadeyeyewritersoftoday@gmail.com or like our page on facebook. https://m.facebook.com/Nelson-Adeyeye-Writers-of-Today-NAWOT-1536651376625288/?ref=context_row or visit https://eminentcreatorsblog./ for more details. Thanks.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Olumidzti(m): 2:55pm On Dec 07, 2015
Afternoon house. Please who are the best upcoming novelists in Nigeria?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 8:09am On Dec 08, 2015
Obinnau, you need to close a thread urgently:

https://www.nairaland.com/2787213/vampire-king-solomon-jnr#40796339

These guys just wouldn't let this satanic act go!

Copying from:

https://www.wattpad.com/38026376-the-vampire-king?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C4391221269

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Prec1ous(m): 6:54am On Dec 10, 2015
Great job MOD, i have good news for my fellow writers.

THIS IS FOR ALL WRITERS, A CHANCE TO EARN FROM YOUR WRITING

Application Deadline: April 30th 2016

The UPU’s International Letter-Writing Competition aims to improve literacy through the art of letter-writing. Targeted at children and young people, the annual competition encourages participants to express their creativity and refine their language skills.

Follow the link below to begin your application and how to write and submit your letter:

2016 Universal Postal Union International Letter Writing Competition for Young People
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by sage1000: 2:13pm On Dec 11, 2015
Pls I need assistance. I've been trying to update my story ( Ode: A Yoruba Urban Fantasy rewrite) but d site keeps deleting it and banning me for a day. I've sent mags to d mod wit no reply, I'm not sure if its sumtyn I'm doing wrong, all help will b appreciated.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Obinnau(m): 6:26am On Dec 14, 2015
sage1000:
Pls I need assistance. I've been trying to update my story ( Ode: A Yoruba Urban Fantasy rewrite) but d site keeps deleting it and banning me for a day. I've sent mags to d mod wit no reply, I'm not sure if its sumtyn I'm doing wrong, all help will b appreciated.
sorry for the late reply. I noticed that your posts are too long, do kindly shorten them appropriately and get back to me if the problem persists.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Obinnau(m): 6:30am On Dec 14, 2015
Kendrick419:
passport of Malamud ilya what a hot book I love books dat keep u going
I read it when I was in primary 4. The book was so captivating that you will feel as if you are part of the plot.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by SINNZ(m): 7:36pm On Dec 14, 2015
Mzespoir
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Kendrick419(m): 9:59am On Dec 15, 2015
OK let do diss

say any position in any novel dat trep or motivates u ..... let see motivational words dat we can have
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by sage1000: 9:56am On Dec 18, 2015
Obinnau:
sorry for the late reply. I noticed that your posts are too long, do kindly shorten them appropriately and get back to me if the problem persists.

It is still giving the same problem regardless of size as even a three line reply got deleted.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Obinnau(m): 12:59pm On Dec 18, 2015
sage1000:

It is still giving the same problem regardless of size as even a three line reply got deleted.
I am afraid you have to mail seun.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by AustinBlinks(m): 4:41pm On Dec 18, 2015
www.nairaland.com/2727109/love-leave-story-series Hello people, there is the link to my story here on literature section. you might wanna check it out, i bet youll enjoy it......if you dont, quote me here and scold me......just kidding, pls dnt.... but i bet youll enjoy it anyways.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by MzEspoir(f): 11:20am On Dec 19, 2015
SINNZ:
Mzespoir
SINNZ
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by SINNZ(m): 2:37pm On Dec 19, 2015
MzEspoir:
ISNNZ
Where've u been? undecided
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by MzEspoir(f): 3:15pm On Dec 19, 2015
SINNZ:
Where've u been? undecided
off and on. Been really busy lately. Bring me up to date

(1) (2) (3) ... (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) ... (725) (Reply)

Silent Seduction / Diary Of A Broke Playboy / The Preacher's Son!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.