Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! (1816 Views)

Fabio Capello: Mourinho Has Mentally Exhausted His Players / FABIO CAPELLO Accused Of Allowing Victor Moses To Slip Through England / Fabio Capello Resigns As England Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by akinalabi(m): 3:22pm On Dec 13, 2007
Fabio Capello has been named as the new
England manager.

That was done moments ago.

I reckon he will do a great job there. He's got
an impeccable CV.

Akin
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by Akolawole(m): 3:32pm On Dec 13, 2007
This is what my former Coach says about him:

"I worked with him for four years and he's a coach who plays to win. He doesn't play for the beauty of the game but to win-thats all"

Ruud gullit.
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 13, 2007
Poor England
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by akinalabi(m): 3:36pm On Dec 13, 2007
@ Akolawole

Yep, Capello puts results first but somehow
he still manages to create sides that entertain.

His Milan squad that won the UCL in 1994 was
brilliant.

Then his first stint at Real Madrid in 1995, they
played some breathtaking football along the
way.

He should succeed there.

Akin
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by folahann(m): 3:53pm On Dec 13, 2007
But is there no going to be any problem about him (Capello) being only experienced at club level and not international
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by akinalabi(m): 4:00pm On Dec 13, 2007
@ folahann

Marcello Lippi was experienced only in club management
before he took over the azzuris and he won the world cup.

Shouldn't be a problem.
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by folahann(m): 4:08pm On Dec 13, 2007
Thats a good example there, i was just doubtful b'cos International coaching is more difficult than Club management
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by justkunmi(m): 4:12pm On Dec 13, 2007
I wish him well. . .
but can the man handle the troubles of the English Press?
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by akinalabi(m): 4:27pm On Dec 13, 2007
justkunmi:

I wish him well. . .
but can the man handle the troubles of the English Press?

That is why a man like Capello is the right choice.

A no nonsense and opinionated manager.
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 13, 2007
akinalabi:

That is why a man like Capello is the right choice.

A no nonsense and opinionated manager.

I doubt if he will cope with the aspect of discipline,
players like wayne rooney, ferdinard even ash cole
will give him tough time, any attempt in trying to
punish them will make the fans hate him
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by A40(m): 5:25pm On Dec 13, 2007
Good choice but lets see if it will work
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by Jairzinho(m): 5:45pm On Dec 13, 2007
Not yet announced as of 13th Dec 2007;17:45 cool
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by folahann(m): 6:04pm On Dec 13, 2007
Jairzinho:

Not yet announced as of 13th Dec 2007;17:45 cool
But he is the to be appointed for the Job
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by akinalabi(m): 7:41pm On Dec 13, 2007
folahann:

But he is the to be appointed for the Job

It's been approved my friend.

He will be unveiled tomorrow.
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by hustler(m): 7:42pm On Dec 13, 2007
When you talk of coaches available for the job, only sumone like Marcelo Lippi ranks high up there with Don Fabio. Not even Mourinho's record can match up.

Don Fabio's record speaks for itself. he has won everywhere he's been. I do not like the English team but it's hard for me to say they wont win with Fabio in charge. He has nothing else to prove except maybe to win at international level. The British press will be hectic but can never influence Fabio's choices and he will be very strict. Ask Totti,Cassano and Del Piero about him and they will tell you he doesnt look at names when picking his teams but fitness and adherence to his tactics.

For me he's my best coach in the world. But i'd hate to see him coach the English team to glory but with Fabio u kno there is an 80% chance of dat happening. Has it been announced he's got the job yet by the way??
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by dayokanu(m): 8:04pm On Dec 13, 2007
Why does Don Fabio want to spoil his track record with that crappy team England can never win anything even if they employ 5 coaches together they would still be crappy

They should change their name from 3 lions to 3 pussycats first then sack all the players then they should recognise the fact that Germany, Italy, France are not their mates they should embrace countries on their level like Portugal, Spain, Romania, Sweden, Croatia, Czech, Ghana e.t.c. They should play and train behind closed doors free from the media.
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by akinalabi(m): 8:11pm On Dec 13, 2007
He is coming in with 5 Italians to make up his
backroom staff.

Some egos will surely be bashed in that squad!

I'm salivating already.
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by rikkyjen(m): 9:36pm On Dec 13, 2007
dayokanu:

Why does Don Fabio want to spoil his track record with that crappy team England can never win anything even if they employ 5 coaches together they would still be crappy

They should change their name from 3 lions to 3 pussycats first then sack all the players then they should recognise the fact that Germany, Italy, France are not their mates they should embrace countries on their level like Portugal, Spain, Romania, Sweden, Croatia, Czech, Ghana e.t.c. They should play and train behind closed doors free from the media.

It is now confirmed that you hate anything associated with the English National team. Are you sure the British High Commission didn't reject your visa application for an Upteenth time? grin grin grin grin grin grin.

For no reason, you just love to bash this guys! Haba, kilode? cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by dayokanu(m): 9:48pm On Dec 13, 2007
@ Rickkyen, Can you point to any statement that is not true in those I made I don't beef I state facts as they are just like saying Nigeria is as good as Brazil or
Bash Ali would beat Tyson in his prime.

England is a very poor footballing nation the equivalent of South Africa in Africa who only make noise through super sport and have only won one tournament at home when they both won. They rank very far behind Cameroun (Germany), Egypt (Italy), Ghana (France) , Nigeria (Holland) e.t.c
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by presido1: 10:01pm On Dec 13, 2007
If only the English Press(they have started following him up and down in swiss) and WAGS will let him do his work. All back Room staffs italian. problem don't start be that.
Let wait and see. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by akinalabi(m): 10:08pm On Dec 13, 2007
presido1:

If only the English Press(they have started following him up and down in swiss) and WAGS will let him do his work.

We're talking about Capello here.

The man is an "ego basher". He has no time
for all that nonsense.
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by presido1: 10:17pm On Dec 13, 2007
akinalabi:

We're talking about Capello here.
Then what am i talking of? Steve Mclaran or Sven?
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by tosinadeda: 10:49pm On Dec 13, 2007
grin really i dont see him making any difference angry
its high time the english people,press, the fa and the players know that there team is ordinary embarassed the better for them.
cos if they dont, even the best coach wont be able to do any thing undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by akinalabi(m): 11:25pm On Dec 13, 2007
He sure can make a difference.

The russian team is an average team but the
coach has brought the best out of them.

Croatia's best player is Eduardo and we can
all see that he is just an average player.

The greek team that won Euro 2004 was made
up of average players.

Capello can surely turn the fortunes of that
team around.
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by odada(m): 7:45am On Dec 14, 2007
Don Fabio Capello has been officially unvielled and will be the head coach of the English national side.He is to earn a staggering E6.5m a year!(4million pounds after tax) I think its a step in the right direction for the England football with all their hype,most of their players are overrated but hey lets see what the Don will bring into the side?I tip him to have a succesful career being the England manager.
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by HNIC(m): 10:25am On Dec 14, 2007
Don Fabio has started on the right note by saying the mentality must change.
You have got to have a winning mentality,
I am afraid the Media in England do more harm than good to their national team,
One good performance from a football player doesn';t make him 'World class', and also one or two bad performances by a good player doesn't mean he is finished,
Also, English players should focus more on their game instead of what the media says about them.
Lastly, like West ham's goalie,Robert Green said, the english kids should throw away the Playstations, the video games etc and get on the soccer pitch. grin, Very Few youngsters playing footie in England nowadays!!!
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by gabrielgb: 11:29am On Dec 14, 2007
don fabio is the best man for the job no doubt about that. And maybe for once i wil support the 3 lions because of him. the man is better than JM only an epl freak wont know that.
besides this man has an antedot for everything wrong
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by tosinadeda: 12:10pm On Dec 14, 2007
akinalabi:

He sure can make a difference.

The russian team is an average team but the
coach has brought the best out of them.

Croatia's best player is Eduardo and we can
all see that he is just a average super player.

no make i vex o angry angry

The greek team that won Euro 2004 was made
up of average players.

Capello can surely turn the fortunes of that
team around.
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by manu4laif: 3:09pm On Dec 14, 2007
Fabio Olanipekun  Capello  grin will fail like others before him

Even if Wenger,Mourinho,Rijkaard and Lippi were to coach England they will still fail . Why? The English Press.

Prior to 2002 World Cup if you were from outer space you'd never believe England only won the World Cup once(almost 40 years ago.)
The English press turns an above average performer into an exceptional one, a mediocre team into world beaters(more like world beaten), turn 3 little kittens into 3 LIONS and so on.

Capello will only perform if
1.The press is gagged
2.The players don't read papers
3.WAGS gays and co are sent to Australia
4.The Press is gagged(2)

Anything short and England might not even be in 2010.  .  .  quote me cool .

WAN UNITED grin
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by justkunmi(m): 3:13pm On Dec 14, 2007
5. Lampard and Gerrard no longer play together
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by ndumart: 6:40pm On Dec 14, 2007
A continuation of ugly football
Re: Fabio Capello Named As The New England Manager! by folahann(m): 6:45pm On Dec 14, 2007
Good move, i think they couldn't get a better coach

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sepp Blatter Shocked About England / Cristiano Ronaldo Caught Drunk In Amadrid Bar With An Unknown Girl / Blame Keshi Or The Player?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.