Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Pastor Tunde Bakare To The SSS... Don’t Intimidate The Prophet... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Tunde Bakare To The SSS... Don’t Intimidate The Prophet... (502 Views)

A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others / Faces of the SSS fallen Heroes / Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Tunde Bakare To The SSS... Don’t Intimidate The Prophet... by wrexs: 4:00am On Jul 30, 2012
Pastor Tunde Bakare's sermon this week continues on how to make our country a better place for all....he is toning up the demand for good governance, and not toning it down as demanded by the authorities.....Enjoy....

How To Change Government Peacefully: Social Mobility Is No Longer Frozen In Nigeria By Pastor Tunde Bakare
July 29, 2012 - 15:29

Last Sunday, we looked at the subject: HOW TO CHANGE GOVERNMENT PEACEFULLY AND MAKE SOCIETY BETTER. That message was delivered in a lecture format in this auditorium. Unknown to many, I was originally scheduled to leave the country that night for an engagement in the U.K., but I was restrained by the Holy Spirit to stay behind because men of the State Security Service (SSS) would come for me, and if they were to find out I left the night before, they would assume we have a pattern of preaching and leaving the country almost immediately; more so when their last invitation came after I had left the country. I therefore stayed put, and, true to type, they showed up at my house in the pursuit of their legitimate duties the following day, Monday, the 23rd of July, 2012, at about noon.

I would have ignored the whole episode and moved on to other things today but for the need to clarify some issues and to share the vital lessons we can glean from the SSS episode as well as other matters that cropped up following my visit to the State Security Service department. Let me deal with the lessons first.
LESSON #1: God knows what we do not know, and, when we cannot trace Him, we must trust Him. It is clear to me that in these perilous times, we need hearing ears, seeing eyes, and obedient hearts more than ever before. Someone may ask: How did you know that the State Security Service would come the next day? The answer is simple: God told me, and that was neither the first time, nor is it likely to be the last. I recall a crusade we held in Ilaro in the nineties (90s). I woke up early to pray at the hotel we were staying and, in the course of prayer, the Holy Spirit said to me, “Get ready, SSS men are on their way.” I turned to my wife and told her, “Make me a cup of tea quickly; men of the SSS are on their way here.” She did and I had scarcely finished drinking the tea when there was a knock on the door. Guess who knocked – Men of the SSS. I followed them and they asked me to stop the crusade because of the surge of the crowd. I responded that it was not the surge of the crowd that was their concern but the ancient gods of the Yewa people and the devils I attacked publicly. I told them: “I have the ... http://public-announcement..com http://public-announcement..com
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare To The SSS... Don’t Intimidate The Prophet... by kok(m): 6:14am On Jul 30, 2012
hmmm...this is defining thin line between Religion and Politics. Who says the two dont relate,

(1) (Reply)

Which Country Is The Highest Rate Of Sucide Bombers / GEJ Wants Your HELP And Suggestions. / National Conference May Hold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.