Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,266 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

ECU Stolen - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ECU Stolen (24836 Views)

Toyota Rav4 2001-2003 Ecm/ecu And Transmission Failure With Solutions / Buying Or Getting ECU (brainbox)? Read This! / Toyota Rav4 2001 - 2003 Auto Transmission /ECU Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

ECU Stolen by temi4fash(m): 3:02pm On Jul 31, 2012
Pls , the brain box of my mum car was stolen.. we went to elizade motors n other toyota car dealers store but d brain box was not available there.. although it has been fixed at ladipo/ motori, its still doesnt work as its use to... wen we asked we were told dat d new brain box put dere was not as powerful as d one stolen... d car is a toyota corrola 2002/2003 model.. wat can we do abt it and wat can i do if sometin lik dis happens again.. cos nau wen d a/c of d car is on its does not move as fast as wen its off.. thanks will b expectin ur opinions...
Re: ECU Stolen by pek(m): 4:51pm On Jul 31, 2012
You have been conned . One thing about brain box is that it is either the right one or not. If it is, it works normal. Post the VIN of the car and the part number of the brain box.
Re: ECU Stolen by temi4fash(m): 9:38am On Aug 01, 2012
pek: You have been conned . One thing about brain box is that it is either the right one or not. If it is, it works normal. Post the VIN of the car and the part number of the brain box.

conned ke... d brain box was stolen dat was why i culdnt get d brain box no...
Re: ECU Stolen by pek(m): 10:24am On Aug 01, 2012
You are still not getting it. The clowns at ladipo will tell you it will work, that they are all the same. The truth is, brainbox are unique. One brainbox might work for a camry 2000 produced in may, will not work for another of the same year. You buy brainbox with the car VIN. I repeat, post or send me the car VIN and the part number of the brainbox you bought. I will help you to check if it is compatible.

1 Like

Re: ECU Stolen by temi4fash(m): 10:17am On Aug 06, 2012
pek: You are still not getting it. The clowns at ladipo will tell you it will work, that they are all the same. The truth is, brainbox are unique. One brainbox might work for a camry 2000 produced in may, will not work for another of the same year. You buy brainbox with the car VIN. I repeat, post or send me the car VIN and the part number of the brainbox you bought. I will help you to check if it is compatible.

1NXBR32E43Z005610

culdnt get d brain box no.. thanks in anticipation
Re: ECU Stolen by pek(m): 11:42am On Aug 06, 2012
temi4fash:

1NXBR32E43Z005610

culdnt get d brain box no.. thanks in anticipation
check the body of the brainbox you will see it.
Re: ECU Stolen by temi4fash(m): 11:48am On Aug 06, 2012
dat means we av to remove it frm d car....
Re: ECU Stolen by pek(m): 2:04pm On Aug 06, 2012
You dont have to unless it is absolutely necessary. Just glove compartment and u will see it.
Re: ECU Stolen by pek(m): 3:32pm On Aug 06, 2012
Your car information is toyota corolla matrix 2003 American spec produced january 2002. The Ecu part number that fits it is 89666-02330. Anything other than this will not work. If the one you have is the same number, then know that it is bad!
Re: ECU Stolen by Nwunuken(m): 3:47pm On Aug 06, 2012
pek: Your car information is toyota corolla matrix 2003 American spec produced january 2002. The Ecu part number that fits it is 89666-02330. Anything other than this will not work. If the one you have is the same number, then know that it is bad!
pek thanks
Re: ECU Stolen by cretin: 5:45pm On Aug 06, 2012
the correct procedure for using a toks brainbox is for the eeprom inside the ecm to be flashed..this erases all old data in the ecm memory chip.....note disconnecting the battery terminals wont erase/flash the eeprom chip...........this can only be done at toyota dealerss..

what is happening is that ur car is running off the eprom data bank of whatever car that had the ecm b4...thus it has inherited all the running problems/defects of the old car .if you hv contacts in the usa..u cud buy a virgin ecm or ecm that the eprom has been flashed...that will most likely solve ur problem.....
Re: ECU Stolen by pek(m): 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2012
cretin: note disconnecting the battery terminals wont erase/flash the eeprom chip...........this can only be done at toyota dealerss..

what is happening is that ur car is running off the eprom data bank of whatever car that had the ecm b4...if you hv contacts in the usa..u cud buy a virgin ecm or ecm that the eprom has been flashed...that will most likely solve ur problem.....
partially true! It is not only toyota that flashes ECU. Anybody with the right took can do it. Buying virgin ECU is the last resort. I have bought a couple and i can tell you that they are expensive.
Re: ECU Stolen by temi4fash(m): 9:12am On Aug 07, 2012
pek: You dont have to unless it is absolutely necessary. Just glove compartment and u will see it.

its two brain box dat is in dere..... and its dirty so i cant c d no.. so pls can u help wit d brain box dat will b compartable wit it... its a corrala 2003 model vehicle
Re: ECU Stolen by temi4fash(m): 9:14am On Aug 07, 2012
cretin:
the correct procedure for using a toks brainbox is for the eeprom inside the ecm to be flashed..this erases all old data in the ecm memory chip.....note disconnecting the battery terminals wont erase/flash the eeprom chip...........this can only be done at toyota dealerss..

what is happening is that ur car is running off the eprom data bank of whatever car that had the ecm b4...thus it has inherited all the running problems/defects of the old car .if you hv contacts in the usa..u cud buy a virgin ecm or ecm that the eprom has been flashed...that will most likely solve ur problem.....

i dont understand wat u mean oo.. pls explain in lame man language...
Re: ECU Stolen by pek(m): 9:22am On Aug 07, 2012
Read my previou posts.I have more than answered you and have given you the brainbox number. Dont know what else to tell you though i will be more than glad to help.
Re: ECU Stolen by temi4fash(m): 1:56pm On Aug 07, 2012
pek: Your car information is toyota corolla matrix 2003 American spec produced january 2002. The Ecu part number that fits it is 89666-02330. Anything other than this will not work. If the one you have is the same number, then know that it is bad!

is this d brain box no dat will work wit it.... and pls do u knw where it can b bought and will dai b able to undo wat dos ladipo guys av don on it..... it was dat matrix dat u wrote dat confused me.... please can u teach me how to get d past records of a vehicle so as to knw if its accidented or not... thks very much i realy appreciate it....
Re: ECU Stolen by pek(m): 2:45pm On Aug 07, 2012
You keep asking questions that have been answered? I have given you the part number of the ECU that will work with your car and you asking if it work. If you cant get it in ladipo then you have to import a new one.
Re: ECU Stolen by temi4fash(m): 4:35pm On Aug 07, 2012
thanks

1 Like

Re: ECU Stolen by Everfrank(m): 1:43am On Aug 09, 2012
@ pek, cretin
Mine is automatic gearbox issue. I use a volks golp 3 in which I recently noticed a decline in take off strenght. I mean the car no longer has the strenght it used to when I put it to drive to move. I now have to accellarate harder to set the car in motion and consequent fuel wastage during takeoff. My mechanic said it was comvactor problem as the reverse movement is still strong. I bought a comvactor but mine was found to be good. He now said that he found out that the gearbox no longer selects gear 1 but gear 2 when its engaged to drive, thus the comparatively low takeoff strenght.
His conclusion is that the gearbox brainbox is bad. Pls advice me wether he is right. And if yes how do I get the right brainbox for my car.
Re: ECU Stolen by Everfrank(m): 1:46am On Aug 09, 2012
@ pek, cretin
Mine is automatic gearbox issue. I use a volks golp 3 in which I recently noticed a decline in take off strenght. I mean the car no longer has the strenght it used to when I put it to drive to move. I now have to accellarate harder to set the car in motion, and consequent fuel wastage during takeoff. My mechanic said it was comvactor problem as the reverse movement is still strong. I bought a comvactor but mine was found to be good. He now said that he found out that the gearbox no longer selects gear 1 but gear 2 when its engaged to drive, thus the comparatively low takeoff strenght.
His conclusion is that the gearbox brainbox is bad. Pls advice me wether he is right. And if yes how do I get the right brainbox for my car. Thanks for the wonderful job you guys are doing.
Re: ECU Stolen by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 09, 2012
Everfrank: @ pek, cretin
Mine is automatic gearbox issue. I use a volks golp 3 in which I recently noticed a decline in take off strenght. I mean the car no longer has the strenght it used to when I put it to drive to move. I now have to accellarate harder to set the car in motion, and consequent fuel wastage during takeoff. My mechanic said it was comvactor problem as the reverse movement is still strong. I bought a comvactor but mine was found to be good. He now said that he found out that the gearbox no longer selects gear 1 but gear 2 when its engaged to drive, thus the comparatively low takeoff strenght.
His conclusion is that the gearbox brainbox is bad. Pls advice me wether he is right. And if yes how do I get the right brainbox for my car. Thanks for the wonderful job you guys are doing.

Bro, you need to give more details to get an accurate answer.

What year is your VW Golf III auto?
What engine size is it?

Unless you have the TCU part number to hand, there's no point even asking for where to get a replacement. You want us to guess what year your car is, and what engine it's fitted with? And please don't simply say "4 plug." That means nothing. I'm referring to what engine size (capacity) it is.
Re: ECU Stolen by Everfrank(m): 10:33pm On Aug 09, 2012
@ Siena
Thanks for the response, man. Pls forgive my oversight.Ill provide that info first thing tomorrow. Thanks.
Re: ECU Stolen by Everfrank(m): 6:18pm On Aug 26, 2012
Siena:

Bro, you need to give more details to get an accurate answer.

What year is your VW Golf III auto?
What engine size is it?

Unless you have the TCU part number to hand, there's no point even asking for where to get a replacement. You want us to guess what year your car is, and what engine it's fitted with? And please don't simply say "4 plug." That means nothing. I'm referring to what engine size (capacity) it is.
My Golf 3 auto is 2006 model
Engine is 2.0
Auto transmission
The brainbox no is-1H1 927 739 CN 32/96 5DG
Re: ECU Stolen by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 26, 2012
Everfrank:
My Golf 3 auto is 2006 model
Engine is 2.0
Auto transmission
The brainbox no is-1H1 927 739 CN 32/96 5DG

Bro, now you've really lost me. Your car is 2006?? The Volkswagen Golf III ran from June 1991 - August 1998. Yet you say yours is a 2006, 8 years after production ended. undecided

Could you post the VIN? That way I can tell you exactly what you've got.
Re: ECU Stolen by Everfrank(m): 8:33am On Aug 29, 2012
Siena:

Bro, now you've really lost me. Your car is 2006?? The Volkswagen Golf III ran from June 1991 - August 1998. Yet you say yours is a 2006, 8 years after production ended. undecided

Could you post the VIN? That way I can tell you exactly what you've got.
@ Siena,
Thanks my man.
My VIN is 3VWFB1H5VM026506
Re: ECU Stolen by pek(m): 2:31pm On Aug 29, 2012
@ everfrank, I advise you open another thread. You issue and the original thread are two different things.
Re: ECU Stolen by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 29, 2012
pek: @ everfrank, I advise you open another thread. You issue and the original thread are two different things.

That's a fact, it's partly my fault for asking for more details. My apologies.
Re: ECU Stolen by havilahmax(m): 6:27am On Sep 02, 2012
Pls I have similar case of stolen brainbox.my car toyota corolla 1.8GLi 2003 model and my vin is JTDBR22E100135412.pls help trace the brainbox number dat march.
Re: ECU Stolen by pek(m): 3:12pm On Sep 02, 2012
havilahmax: Pls I have similar case of stolen brainbox.my car toyota corolla 1.8GLi 2003 model and my vin is JTDBR22E100135412.pls help trace the brainbox number dat march.
post your number or email.
Re: ECU Stolen by havilahmax(m): 7:40pm On Sep 04, 2012
pek: post your number or email.

femmyy2k@yahoo.com
Re: ECU Stolen by havilahmax(m): 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2012
pek: post your number or email.
my femmyy2k@yahoo.com
Re: ECU Stolen by pek(m): 11:41am On Sep 06, 2012
You have mail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BMW 7 Series Facelift: Everything You Need To Know / 5 Advantages Of Driving An Innoson Vehicle / Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.