Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,192 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

How Effective Can A Marriage Between A Man Abroad And A Woman In Nigeria Be? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Effective Can A Marriage Between A Man Abroad And A Woman In Nigeria Be? (885 Views)

A "Marriage Proposal By Police" In Port Harcourt (Pictures) / Friends After Turning Down A Marriage Proposal? / Do You Believe In A Lifelong Happy Marriage Between A Nigerian And An American? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Effective Can A Marriage Between A Man Abroad And A Woman In Nigeria Be? by Oluesther(f): 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2012
Please Nairanders, I need your sincere advice.

How effective can marriage between a man in Europe and a lady in Nigeria be? The man intends to settle his wife at home while he stays abroad. The wife can only visit him and still come back. He has promised to be coming home 3 or 4 times a year.

I know many ladies are in this kind of marriage, please share your experience. Do you have a blissful or hurting marriage? I have girlfriends who are in this situation, but they are not very willing to share their experience. One or even two of them boast of their marriage. Who knows, they might even be hurting within.

But why have our Nigerian men abroad changed so much? They no longer want to marry and take their wives abroad with them, why? Is it because they have wives and children there? Or is it because of a reason I'm not aware of?

What are the odds with this kind of long distance marriage? How can a young lady that does not flirt cope with this marriage? I mean it's not really easy for one to marry and still be living as though she was single(sleeping and fighting cold alone).

Please help! Before one makes a mistake.
Re: How Effective Can A Marriage Between A Man Abroad And A Woman In Nigeria Be? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:40pm On Jul 31, 2012
close distance marriage is hard enough talk more of a long distance marriage! Nope! If you not ready to bring her over then please do not marry her simple!
Re: How Effective Can A Marriage Between A Man Abroad And A Woman In Nigeria Be? by Oluesther(f): 7:27pm On Jul 31, 2012
ThoniaSlim: close distance marriage is hard enough talk more of a long distance marriage! Nope! If you not ready to bring her over then please do not marry her simple!

Thanks!
Re: How Effective Can A Marriage Between A Man Abroad And A Woman In Nigeria Be? by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 08, 2015
On the contrary, I'll rather have my family settled abroad while I visit occasionally, on a quarterly basis and make sure I spend at least a month on each visit.

I guess our people are brainwashed by the greener pasture mentality while there's actually no better place to make money than here in Nigeria.

Travelling abroad is only ideal for family holiday and shopping.

I guess we don't all think the same. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Is This Girl For Me? / Right Time To Propose To A Girl. / Girls Why Do You Front?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.