Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,027 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? (17076 Views)

How Would You React If Your Uncle Is Harassing You Sexually! / Ladies! How Many Of You Do This??(picture) / Imagine This Kind Of Love? Could This Be ????(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by Wallie(m): 9:37pm On Aug 01, 2012
Different occasion calls for different types of restaurant. There are times that you want to be pampered or enjoy the good life, and there are other times that you just want to throw down and only a buka will do.

On a first date, you guys are still trying to impress each other and such a restaurant shows that your suitor has good taste, albeit an expensive one. More than likely, subsequent dates will be at a more regular restaurant except on special occasions.
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by barryj1: 9:38pm On Aug 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
‎​Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴͡ u na person like go sey see dis
Sabi beta tin oo

Ki le mean pe "ojukokoro"?

If someone drops one okra on my plate as dinner, all in the name of impressing me, wetin you expect me to do?

I'll let the bobo know that I'm ready to pay half as long as he doesn't intend on starving me on the second date. grin
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by mickey339(m): 9:42pm On Aug 01, 2012
Okija_juju: Omo!!

I know say I no fit carry babe go this kind restaurant at all... Not because of the price of the food, but because I know say;

1. I no go enjoy the food.
2. Even if I enjoy it, I no go belle-full
3. As per say na Oyinbo restaurant and na bigger boys paroles, I no fit ask for second plate so as not to fall my hand.

HOWEVER, No babe go ever use her head turn this kind restaurant down... Instead, she go bring out her BB, snap picture with the food, the entrance (with the name showing), for their toilet, with the waiter and the chef then her BB status go change to #5 Star restaurant things with my boo..
True talk

Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by muffins99(f): 9:42pm On Aug 01, 2012
Interesting topic...I've actually had a similar experience and I can honestly say it wasn't the best date I've ever been on. It was difficult to relax as I desperately tried to remember the relevant etiquette rules ( the right cutlery to use per course if you've got a set of 3 fork, spoon and knife; 2 wineglasses, etc). I don't eat much so portion size wasn't an issue... Anyway, as etiquette demanded, I offered to pay for my half of the bill but he refused so I said, the next one's on me -if you still want to ''hang out''. Obviously during the meal, we'd discussed what type of food we like and where we go to eat out. I slyly told him I prefered a few cheap(er) restaurants. So ofcourse when I offered to pay next time, I knew very well that it'll be in a place that I could afford(student no get plenty money). This is exactly what happened and by the end of the second date, I was no worse off than if I'd paid half on a cheaper first date and half again at the second date. And now we've more or less settled into a 'routine' if you take me out, you pay; if I take him out, I pay (though he usually ends up paying- because, as he says, 'he's the man and should be the provider'.
@Ilekeidi-Good luck to your 'friend'

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by inspirenet: 9:48pm On Aug 01, 2012
2buff: Y'all know this ish is actually MORE expensive than normal food right? grin
It's all these expensive restaurants where they stain your plate with things and call it "art".
Don't be surprised if each of those things is $50.

I will only go to a place like that only if the girl WANTS to go there and SHE is ready to pay for both of us.

cheesy
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by PhysicsQED(m): 9:48pm On Aug 01, 2012
denzel2009:
The idea is to load you with small food so that he can easily lift you from the garage to the bedroom at the end of the date.

boom chicka wow wow

Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by StellaBella(f): 9:49pm On Aug 01, 2012
~Royal~:
IEke-IdI Stay tawking about broke niqqahs,...Mami i got money and im preddi ..Whats Good?

When you gon let me Wine and Dine you
Chai papi royal,
Howabout kandi
U e romance, e kiss and even e do am
Now you are moving on
Or it is a game on kandi
Just poke nosing
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by barryj1: 9:53pm On Aug 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

E be like u like eba nd egusi soup wella

I know lol.
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by vodkat: 9:55pm On Aug 01, 2012
Hungry girl!
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 01, 2012
LOL @ Naija men vexing. . . . as if dem get money to take chics to 5***** restaurants tongue tongue tongue
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by andyanders: 10:03pm On Aug 01, 2012
if a man take me go, I go chop ya money
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by tpia5: 10:07pm On Aug 01, 2012
if i had the money (i dont), i could visit those kinds of restaurants once in a while sha. Doesnt matter if its alone or with someone.

if you watch the food channel on tv, its obvious many of these chefs put a lot of effort and thought into preparing the dishes.

though some of the tastes are acquired ones however.
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by AK481(m): 10:08pm On Aug 01, 2012
Where is my post? Where is my post?
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:08pm On Aug 01, 2012
^^Iya na date op talk na! Go alone ke?
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by AK481(m): 10:08pm On Aug 01, 2012
Where is my earlier post? Where is my post?
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by ddippset(m): 10:12pm On Aug 01, 2012
if he takes you to a five star restaurant , he prolly take you to a five star hotel afterwards.
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:13pm On Aug 01, 2012
ddippset: if he takes you to a five star restaurant , he prolly take you to a five star hotel afterwards.
Really? undecided
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by kinkie(f): 10:23pm On Aug 01, 2012
2buff: Y'all know this ish is actually MORE expensive than normal food right? grin
It's all these expensive restaurants where they stain your plate with things and call it "art".
Don't be surprised if each of those things is $50.

I will only go to a place like that only if the girl WANTS to go there and SHE is ready to pay for both of us.
kai! u're not man enough...
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by tpia5: 10:37pm On Aug 01, 2012
muffins99: Interesting topic...I've actually had a similar experience and I can honestly say it wasn't the best date I've ever been on. It was difficult to relax as I desperately tried to remember the relevant etiquette rules ( the right cutlery to use per course if you've got a set of 3 fork, spoon and knife; 2 wineglasses, etc). I don't eat much so portion size wasn't an issue... Anyway, as etiquette demanded, I offered to pay for my half of the bill but he refused so I said, the next one's on me -if you still want to ''hang out''. Obviously during the meal, we'd discussed what type of food we like and where we go to eat out. I slyly told him I prefered a few cheap(er) restaurants. So ofcourse when I offered to pay next time, I knew very well that it'll be in a place that I could afford(student no get plenty money). This is exactly what happened and by the end of the second date, I was no worse off than if I'd paid half on a cheaper first date and half again at the second date. And now we've more or less settled into a 'routine' if you take me out, you pay; if I take him out, I pay (though he usually ends up paying- because, as he says, 'he's the man and should be the provider'.

i guess things might be awkward if one or both of you is uncomfortable and ill at ease.

as per money issues, of course if the budget doesnt permit, no need to stretch the limits.
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by Abbey2sam(m): 10:37pm On Aug 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Just imagine, you had a longgg day, you're hungry, beyond famished and you're ready to eat a horse.

One bobo takes you to a restaurant, you waited 20mins to be served, then the waiter comes by with a peanut on your plate.

Wein you go do? I for vex o. Don't mess with a hungry Ekiti woman.
must the guy order for you? Or wat you tryin to tell us is they dont serve real food in 5star resturantz...not in naija i guess...
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by tpia5: 10:38pm On Aug 01, 2012
will only go to a place like that only if the girl WANTS to go there and SHE is ready to pay for both of us.

hmm, that's another consideration.

some women wont mind sha- depends on individual situations and people.

also if the lady is rolling in money perhaps.
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by muffins99(f): 10:48pm On Aug 01, 2012
tpia@:

i guess things might be awkward if one or both of you is uncomfortable and ill at ease.

as per money issues, of course if the budget doesnt permit, no need to stretch the limits.

You're quite right... and the problem occurs when his budget and yours do not match cos you know how Nijas like one-upmanship and showing off even when we can't afford it!
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by tpia5: 11:06pm On Aug 01, 2012
^true that, for the most part.

but a lot of naijas are very frugal though, and some wouldnt spend at all even if they could afford to.
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by fankasibe: 11:32pm On Aug 01, 2012
I will collect d money from him and go eat cheap and good food in 'iya yusuf' resturant.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by antitpiah: 11:41pm On Aug 01, 2012
tpia@:
if i had the money (i dont), i could visit those kinds of restaurants once in a while sha. Doesnt matter if its alone or with someone.

if you watch the food channel on tv, its obvious many of these chefs put a lot of effort and thought into preparing the dishes.

though some of the tastes are acquired ones however.

Tpia, we dont care about your inner thoughts and rumination. Please keep them to yourself. They are ugly, disgusting and widely tangential to the topic on this thread.

This thread is about Ileke and her fantasies. If we wanted to entertain your ramblings, we will let you know. Cant you be selfless for a second? Why you trying to take the shine off our Young and restless Ileke? why?
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by antitpiah: 11:43pm On Aug 01, 2012
ddippset: if he takes you to a five star restaurant , he prolly take you to a five star hotel afterwards.

Maybe a super 8. Super 8 beats 5 star anyday anytime

PS: Who needs a five star restaurant when you can go here: www.backpage.com.
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by antitpiah: 11:46pm On Aug 01, 2012
muffins99:

You're quite right... and the problem occurs when his budget and yours do not match cos you know how Nijas like one-upmanship and showing off even when we can't afford it!

You think Naijas like to one-up each other? Wait till you see our slave masters try to outdo each other . . .
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by kandiikane(m): 11:53pm On Aug 01, 2012
Stella_Bella:
Chai papi royal,
Howabout kandi
U e romance, e kiss and even e do am
Now you are moving on
Or it is a game on kandi
Just poke nosing

We are having issues.

@Ileke, so I asked mr yoruba if he can take me to a posh restaurant where they decorate ýour food(you inspired me), see what he said. "I can take you but you won't know what to do. "
0______o see the cheek! mudafurerr.

It's true sha, I was taught to eat with my hands in a big bowl on a mat together with my family members not fork and knife or which fork should be for which meal. tongue
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by peruso: 11:58pm On Aug 01, 2012
Okija_juju: Omo!!

I know say I no fit carry babe go this kind restaurant at all... Not because of the price of the food, but because I know say;

1. I no go enjoy the food.
2. Even if I enjoy it, I no go belle-full
3. As per say na Oyinbo restaurant and na bigger boys paroles, I no fit ask for second plate so as not to fall my hand.

HOWEVER, No babe go ever use her head turn this kind restaurant down... Instead, she go bring out her BB, snap picture with the food, the entrance (with the name showing), for their toilet, with the waiter and the chef then her BB status go change to #5 Star restaurant things with my boo..

LOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL BUT NA TRUE OOOO

Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by armyofone(m): 12:12am On Aug 02, 2012
kiss phew, where is the dom perignon?
any caviar please grin

show me your wallet and i'd pick the best place to dine kiss

now cheapstakes and couponers guys, move Omoge is coming grin
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by armyofone(m): 12:14am On Aug 02, 2012
looking at the menu and asking if they have discount
looking at the menu and already sweating
ask for nice fine wine not sweet tea

Nig guys take you to 5stars? nkan be grin. ya bottom go suffer as you both sit long waiting for our padi to pick a meal.
Re: Ladies, How Would You React If A Man Takes You To This Kind Of Restaurant? by kandiikane(m): 12:26am On Aug 02, 2012
freecocoa: Seriously who are you? grin

I have been asking the same question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Rape Experience (An Epistle About Rape) / I Have Never Cummed During Sex, What Can I Do?? / Why Most Slim Girls Will Always Remain Single!!!! UPDATED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.