Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,383 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Your First Driving Lessons - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your First Driving Lessons (13380 Views)

Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> / Free Driving Lessons For 20 People / Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your First Driving Lessons by Caracta(f): 4:00am On Aug 01, 2012
Share your first driving lessons here.
Mine was a disaster! I was screaming as i held the steering, scattered my legs everywhere. I closed my eyes at a point and the next thing i heard was a loud noise! I hit a pole. I got arrested that day though. It wasn't funny, so pls don't laugh. Lol.
Share yours. Let's laugh and learn.

3 Likes

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by nikkyshyne(f): 8:25am On Aug 01, 2012
I was like 13, practising on my street on a sunday definitely.

My bro told me to clutch down and accelerate gently while releasing the clutch. I did just that but was seriously swerving. I started screaming "Am I the one driving this car x 2". When he saw I was moving towards a pole he shouted, "press break x 2" infact, he bent to press the break himself. The car stopped with some few jerks and I was so relieved. *phew*

1 Like

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 01, 2012
Make una no go jam pesin pikin o! cheesy
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by DonEwexco(m): 5:28pm On Aug 01, 2012
:/ my own was xday, my guy took me to field n instruct me what to do. He started it gently I move n drive still I mastered it
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Caracta(f): 10:58am On Aug 02, 2012
Don Ewexco: :/ my own was xday, my guy took me to field n instruct me what to do. He started it gently I move n drive still I mastered it

Wow! Just like that?
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by bolseas(f): 11:48am On Aug 02, 2012
I was heading towards a ditch, because i was avoiding a woman and her son who were going to church. my uncle started screaming "te brake, te brake" meaning match brake, match brake. and i replied "mi o ri brake, mi o ri brake"ofcourse i found the brake after landing in the ditch. we got help to bring out the car and my uncle insisted i continue driving until we get home. after parking the car, i dint go near it again. so scary.

12 Likes

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Emperoh(m): 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2012
bolseas: I was heading towards a ditch, because i was avoiding a woman and her son who were going to church. my uncle started screaming "te brake, te brake" meaning match brake, match brake. and i replied "mi o ri brake, mi o ri brake"ofcourse i found the brake after landing in the ditch. we got help to bring out the car and my uncle insisted i continue driving until we get home. after parking the car, i dint go near it again. so scary.

LMAO!!!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
So how has it been now?
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by megxo(m): 9:43am On Aug 03, 2012
didnt actually have a lesson..........I JST FIND MASEF DRIVING cool

2 Likes

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Skii(m): 9:45am On Aug 03, 2012
bolseas: I was heading towards a ditch, because i was avoiding a woman and her son who were going to church. my uncle started screaming "te brake, te brake" meaning match brake, match brake. and i replied "mi o ri brake, mi o ri brake"ofcourse i found the brake after landing in the ditch. we got help to bring out the car and my uncle insisted i continue driving until we get home. after parking the car, i dint go near it again. so scary.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I almost choked with my breakfast cereal...Please we need more expressions for absolutely hilarious post. MOD please take note
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Kolade9(m): 9:47am On Aug 03, 2012
My first driving lesson was with my elder brother,it went smoothky. But the first day i was left to drive my dad's car home alone,i smashed our compound's fence...grin
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 03, 2012

So funny...
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by DICKtator: 9:47am On Aug 03, 2012
I took a Spare tyre and rolled it down the road. Some kids were riding bicycle coming directly toward my path
Okokomiakooooo!!!!!!!!! Gbam!!!!!!
Odeshi nothing apun
We all dey kampe!!!
grin. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by tonyx4x44(m): 9:47am On Aug 03, 2012
fluid26: Make una no go jam pesin pikin o! cheesy
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by ebamma(m): 9:53am On Aug 03, 2012
the car i rode ended up being towed to a panel beater and i was taken to a hospital
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Ramcie(f): 9:59am On Aug 03, 2012
Una no go kill person with laff. Ur experience is just too hilarious. Lwkmd
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by GboyegaD(m): 10:01am On Aug 03, 2012
I promised myself I wasn't going to learn driving until I have my car. When I eventually had it, I registered at the driving school and on my 1st day, the instructor claimed I must have been driving before then which in response I told him I know how to drive with my mouth. After the third class, I chose to try driving myself so I took excuse from my boss to go to the dentist and be absent from work. When I got back home, I took my key and drove off into the highway. On coming back home, I heard a sound so I went to check what happened to my car. I got back into the car and continued driving however, I forgot to use my seatbelt. While on the bridge and descending into my area, someone shouted "Road Safety" and immediately I lost control because I was trying to fix my seatbelt. I was stopped by the officer and he asked why I had no one with me and yet had the learning permit attached to my car. He said he was going to charge me N52k but thank God a senior staff drove past and saw me. He came back, beckoned on me, ask why I wasn't at work and what happened. He eventually bailed me because he is a spy police and I ended paying no dime.

3 Likes

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by megxo(m): 10:06am On Aug 03, 2012
well, i collected d keys from ma dad cos his was 2 wait behind for meeting afta service......wen i started d car wit ma mom sitting in front, i moved it well @ 1st til i got 2 d main road, while i was waitin 4 d road 2 be clear enough, me left leg on d Clutch was FIDGETING, coupled wif the continous hornin from d guys behind..... omo,i nearly pass out bt we reached house safely sha

1 Like

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by chelseabmw(m): 10:09am On Aug 03, 2012
Don Ewexco: :/ my own was xday, my guy took me to field n instruct me what to do. He started it gently I move n drive still I mastered it

Are u Gay?

1 Like

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Tlake(m): 10:11am On Aug 03, 2012
My frnd bought a car and pleaded with me to learn driving, so now am on hols started staring at dads driving so on a luvly sunday took d key and went on my own,enterd d road and it was easy goin straight jst v to adjust the steering a bit bt wen was abt 2 turn my door opened n I lost conc afta turning I lost balance tryn to avoid cars parkd on d road bt unluckily smashd 1 EOD I speed off tryn 2 run bt later stoped,bt d woman was nice 4gve me cos I was truthful dat I wil come 2 her house d next day which I did,nw am scard of doin it again esp when havn to turn
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by sarutobie(m): 10:14am On Aug 03, 2012
Well for me I was opportuned to have my elder bro teach me the basics along a less busy street.but the first time I tried driving solo to a nearby church on sunday was heart racing..I used gear one while going and coming back...the okada riders and their cursing didn't help my already increasing blood pressure..thank God I and the car made it back home in one piece!

5 Likes

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Okijajuju1(m): 10:16am On Aug 03, 2012
I was fifteen, I had been watching my dad drive every morning, I had cramed the melody of the engine and timing between switching gears (those of you who drove manual transmission would know what I am talking about), I had learnt that the gears move in numerical order from 1 - 5 in increasing speed and from 5 - 1 in decreasing speed. I had also learnt that you needed to step on the clutch to apply the brakes and switch gears.. I had all I needed to drive, and was ready.

I entered my dads room the night before which was a friday and stole the spear keys to our Volks Wagen Jetta executive.. My parents travelled on Saturday morning to Paris. I immediately starched and ironed my clothes, showered, got dressed, came out and called my security to help me push the car outside the compound (YUP!! My Grandma was around and I didnt want to cause a scene). As soon as I was outside the gate, I jumped in, started the engines, put it in first gear and zoomed off. It was a very shaky drive as I drove to my friends house all the while not exceeding gear 2. My friend and I decided to drive into Uniport and pick up chicks. Mind you, Uniport was a long arse drive from my house and had over 4 standard checkpoints in between. Anyways, luckily it was Uniports Matriculation that day so the checkpoints were lax. After we had finished from Uniport, as I was driving back, my friend asked why I hadnt exceeded 2nd gear and I said I was afraid the car would become too fast for me to handle.. He laughed so hard, and then told me that it wasnt going to change nothing at all, so I did. I had been driving for over 2 hours and only just entered 3rd gear.

Long Story short was that I ended up having an accident were I hit another car.. I will never forget that woman in my life. She jumped out and when she was that we were kids and that the damage to her car was not as bad, she laughed at us and said;

"I know you stole your parents car, and from the look on your face, I can see you are in really big trouble. No need dealing with you any further."

She drove off. I spent 4000 on road side apprentice who did such a terrible job that I ended p taking it to my fathers mechanic. He looked at the car and told me that the damage could have been fixed for 1500.

Well, thats it, My first experience was at 15 and I had an accident.

6 Likes

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by megxo(m): 10:18am On Aug 03, 2012
ebamma: the car i rode ended up being towed to a panel beater and i was taken to a hospital
hws ur leg? gringrin gringringringringrin
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by drjoebond080: 10:23am On Aug 03, 2012
i was drivin in da field round nd round nd was changin gears like a pro on the field den my tutor said we shud move to the road a main road wen i succesfully enter the road men If i say i was changin on the wheel is an understatement i was vibratin i was shoutin in the middle of the road the car was nt movin oda car were hornin makin the situation worst i almost pissed on my body .i was pressin the turtle but the car was nt movin. Was i pressin it ? No i was jst shakin stil i off the car came down leavin the car on the road and ran .

2 Likes

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 03, 2012
My first three driving lessons ended in a crash cuz i often lose concentration so i live with a phobia for driving cars. Though i can now drive but i don`t undecided
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Alameen3: 10:27am On Aug 03, 2012
Mine was in 2002, my elder brother took me and my brother to the field that day and explain every functional part of the car and what they do while driving. Later he asked my partner to drive first because he is older than me. He started teaching him could not get it and ask him to get down. Now it is my turn, I advanced to the driver's seat, start the car, applied the clutch, gear and the car started moving. It was a big surprise to my and started showering praises on me. He scolded my partner more than enough but me, I was happy as I was the one that drove us home for the first time. I felt like I was at the TOP of the world and that was how I started driving.
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 03, 2012
First time, i totally wrecked an Aboki`s Kiosk. Thank God he had travelled home for xmas and he had no wares in his shop.
Second time, i crashed into a little fence and the owners held me all day to repair it but they eventually l€ft me. Then i had to quickly replace the cars headlights.

2 Likes

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by JustME7(m): 10:31am On Aug 03, 2012
I was 16 when I tried driving. I finished washing my dad's car and decided to go and park it for him. I was moving fine untill it was time to reverse (u know ibadan and their bend bend roads). Mehn, when I was reversing, before i knew what happen, the back tyre of the car don enter gutter. Na God save me that day o. It was a mechanic close by that helped me to get the car out. I was shaking that day. It was not easy o.
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Ramcie(f): 10:38am On Aug 03, 2012
Mine was excellent . It started in front of my house, my cousin gave me the normal introduction blah blah blah and I formed guru as usual he then asked me to start the car which I did as a guru and oversabi still and all of the sudden , a certain evil spirit took over my whole system. my hands and legs started moving at the same time and the evil spirit reversed the car smoothly into the very big and deep drainage infront of our house. We came out unhurt I was shaking but didn't cry till my "wicked elder sis" came out of the house, looked at the scene and said " wow! I like ur driving skills and then she screamed Mummmmmmmmy come and see o! "

10 Likes

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Pakavy(m): 10:38am On Aug 03, 2012
ko easy joor,i was shaking lyk a water leave,my legs where vibrating on d clutch,i was all alone and managed 2 hit d road,close 2 prison staff college barnawa kaduna a 504 was about making a left turn,d nxt thing i heard was crashhh.didnt wait 2 find out d xtend of d damage 2 my oldmans benz regular,i dashed in2 d borstal training institute and 4rm there off i went 2 a 3days exile.dat was 1998.
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by ArQueBusieR(m): 10:43am On Aug 03, 2012
I was 10 when I took full control of a car for the first time. No problemo.
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by czay(m): 10:45am On Aug 03, 2012
Mine was very easy Cos I had a theoretical knowledge before and practically it was very easy but wiggling initially and later a got hold of myself with no report of any incident or accident.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Transmission Related Problems / Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality / These Are The 4 Easy Ways To Distinguish Diesel Cars From Petrol Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.