Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Your First Driving Lessons - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your First Driving Lessons (13390 Views)

Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> / Free Driving Lessons For 20 People / Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by megxo(m): 10:45am On Aug 03, 2012
Pakavy: ko easy joor,i was shaking lyk a water leave,my legs where vibrating on d clutch,i was all alone and managed 2 hit d road,close 2 prison staff college barnawa kaduna a 504 was about making a left turn,d nxt thing i heard was crashhh.didnt wait 2 find out d xtend of d damage 2 my oldmans benz regular,i dashed in2 d borstal training institute and 4rm there off i went 2 a 3days exile.dat was 1998.
HW U GO LEARN 4 DAT KIND ROAD, DFAT ROAD IS ALWAYS BUSY NA.......U GET MIND
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by bolseas(f): 10:47am On Aug 03, 2012
@Emperoh, I still dont know how to drive o. I have a golf III, but cant drive it. it is my younger brother who drives it and if he is not around, the car remains parked till he comes back. I have learnt how to drive with about 3 cars but still dont know how to. as they are explaining to me, it will enter the right ear and flies out through the left ear. May God help me.

1 Like

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 03, 2012
You wanna know my first driving experience? Think Barney in How I Met Your Mother. "Humans are not designed to move at such break-neck speeds."

1 Like

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Jarus(m): 10:54am On Aug 03, 2012
I hit the gate before the gateman came.

Turning and reversing used to be my major problem.
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by ibhena(m): 10:56am On Aug 03, 2012
I must confess, I'm one of those lucky few people that got away with nutty attitude. From childhood I observed both my parents while they drive (I have a history of exploration cos of my curious nature.) One day, my dad's friend left his car @ our house and travelled with my dad in his car (2001). Imagine, I was given the key to go and keep and was alone in the house. Mehn, I was so happy. Immediately they left, I jumped in and began applying what I observed from my parents. I started the car, went round our big compound several times, being careful not to drive into flowers. I was so happy! That was my very first day, and I did it alone. Then I took rake to clear the tyre traces in the house *hilarious*
After that,on another day Mumcy wanted to park her car in the garage I said she should let me park it (ah, do u even know how to drive, who taught you?) She asked. I said my friend taught me (lie), just give me and see. She reluctantly gave me to challenge me, guys, I drove it into the garage perfectly. That was it. From that day, I ran errands... Thankfully, I never had accident, 2001 till today! Thank God.

3 Likes

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by chucky234(m): 11:02am On Aug 03, 2012
Both my first car,a Mazda 626 and was waiting my brother who was supposed to teach me. After waiting about two hours I picked my keys,hooped in and drove off and that was it.

2 Likes

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by crackhouse(m): 11:03am On Aug 03, 2012
My first driving experience was when my father told a friend of mine to teach me how to drive{abt 14yrs ago} and after learning it, the dude{my father} denied me driving his own car{i wonder how he want me to be perfect when he refuse to allow me use his car}. His reason was that i won't use his car to learn how to drive and that i am gonna damage it{i wonder whose car i was gonna use}. But now i don't care abt the car again and it has been parked in the village for 4yrs + now{with no reason & it's still o.k}.

2 Likes

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 03, 2012
chelseabmw:

Are u Gay?
_
I knew somebody would say that. Smh!

1 Like

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by tellwisdom: 11:06am On Aug 03, 2012
Caracta: Share your first driving lessons here.
Mine was a disaster! I was screaming as i held the steering, scattered my legs everywhere. I closed my eyes at a point and the next thing i heard was a loud noise! I hit a pole. I got arrested that day though. It wasn't funny, so pls don't laugh. Lol.
Share yours. Let's laugh and learn.

Ok we don hear sey u don dey drive undecided undecided...ok which car??
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by floriana(m): 11:11am On Aug 03, 2012
My car stopped in front of Bauchi govt house and blocked the vehicle of the then Gov Muazu who was driving himself out of the state house. The governor laughed on seeing the learner's sign and waited till I got off again.
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by smartdude1(m): 11:12am On Aug 03, 2012
aldou i had no accident...but ma eye saw ma ears dat day...i was frightened wen a teepar was behind me and to make matters worse my rear view mirror was bent so wen i lukd at it to c d oda car i saw no driver....it was just like in d spirit world for me....i nearly fainted....but calmed myself down dat there was no way in hell dat car was moving by itself....so i decerelated a little and it passed den i saw d driver......lol

3 Likes

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by wildguy(m): 11:14am On Aug 03, 2012
I was 12 years old. In my mind all I thought I needed to know about driving can be learnt by just looking and watching.
I also felt that if my mum could drive then I would be a pro.(my mum finds it hard to even operate a simple Nokia).
so that day I waited until she went to the market and told my younger sisters to get me the key that we are going for a ride. They looked at me asking "can you drive". I smiled like a boss, entered the car, started the ignition, and put the gear in reverse. What I didn't know was that clutch must be released slowly when pressing the accelerator. So I happily pressed the accelerator expectin a sweet movement backwards when the car jumped and went off.I tried it again and the car jumped some few steps behind and went off. By this time my sisters were looking at me jumping and crying "you have spoilt the car!!". I immediately got out, and pushed the car back to its original position. the problem was now with the key. it couldn't come out because there was a safety lock behind it which I didn't know. I literally went from house t house looking for someone to help me. I then met one white guy who helped me remove it. He obviously knew I wanted to steal the car and was lauging at me.
Well now my mum doesn't drive again so I take her around when she wants

3 Likes

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Enlightened1: 11:24am On Aug 03, 2012
Interesting topic.. My first driving experience was with my Aunt car who is a colonel in the army. She had traveled out of the country and left everything in the house under my care. So as bad guy na, I took the car key opened the door, got inside started the ignition and before I could say a word the car reserved and hit a neigbours car, Omo see wahala wey I come enter with no money for hand. I called a cousin who gave me 20k and I fixed up the car and the neighbours own.. Since then I no gree touch car wey no be my own!

1 Like

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by pastie(m): 11:27am On Aug 03, 2012
chelseabmw:

Are u Gay?
cheesy
chelseabmw:

Are u Gay?
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by donblacky(m): 11:37am On Aug 03, 2012
Well it wasn't me dat it happend 2,but i was in d car too(my co learner)..... It was a frnds driving skool,he offered 2 help me learn,so on dat faithful day,i was bhind d wheels taking instructions 4rm my frnd....but there was dis busybody at d back seat(cos if its nt ur turn 2 drive,u will seat at d bck seat(co learners))d busybody kept on shouting nd also instructing me.lyk he is nw an expert.telling me wat 2 do nd wat nt 2 do.i bcame angry nd came down 4 him 2 drive(even d instructor was angry). So we asked hm 2 drive...he was all excited nd jumped in nd even refused listening 2 d instructor,b4 we knew it,he zoomed off.at 1st he was doing fine,then he increased his speed nd d problem started. We got 2 a bend,he didnt slow down,at 1st i was comfortable tinking he knws wat he was doing,nt until i looked at his face nd saw him sweating nd panting,i tapped d instructor nd held his shoulder...meanwhile d "SABI GUY" was still on full speed nd there was a thick bush in front of us.i nd d instructor sensing dat we were heading 2wards d bush,started shouting"march break,march break". D guy removed his hands 4rm d steering nd bent his head down looking 4 d breaks shouting"wey am wey am wey am". (4 my mind i say"i die well,na who send me ehhhhhh")instructor dey shout "jesus ehhhhhhh"...we just entered d bush wit full speed nd kept on hitting nd falling plants untill we were stopped by a thick plantain plantation....d instructor nd d busybody were slightly injured....when we came down,d instructor gave d guy a very big slap nd heavy kick..but i couldn't do any tin(cos i was shaking all over,nd praising God silently). Mehn 4 two weeks i no near motor,it was d instructor nd my mum dat persuaded me 2 go bck nd continue(4giv my english pls)

12 Likes

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by webmastern(m): 11:41am On Aug 03, 2012
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by webmastern(m): 11:42am On Aug 03, 2012
grin
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by waja(m): 11:44am On Aug 03, 2012
sarutobie: Well for me I was opportuned to have my elder bro teach me the basics along a less busy street.but the first time I tried driving solo to a nearby church on sunday was heart racing..I used gear one while going and coming back...the okada riders and their cursing didn't help my already increasing blood pressure..thank God I and the car made it back home in one piece!
. I have a similar experience. I was watching my dad every day. If I enter another car, the same method will be applied. One day, my day travelled home, I took the key, neutralise the gear, ignite the car, with hearthbeat and @ d same time I was contemplating whether to go or not. Finally, I engage gear number 1 and used it to the market and back home. It was forward ever and backward never becos I don't know how to engage reverse gear. My mum asked my Dad to warn me but my Dad declined and took me to the field 4 correction. Now my mum is enjoying my pattern.

1 Like

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Rex123(m): 11:45am On Aug 03, 2012
DICKtator: I took a Spare tyre and rolled it down the road. Some kids were riding bicycle coming directly toward my path
Okokomiakooooo!!!!!!!!! Gbam!!!!!!
Odeshi nothing apun
We all dey kampe!!!
grin. grin grin grin

U̶̲̥̅̊ wan kill me wit laff
@topic nobody taught me how Τ̅☺ drive I was around 17 my parent travelled. One evil spirit just entered me I picked up †ђξ keys nd went for a drive from my haus Τ̅☺ d main road everytin was okay as I entered †ђξ main road I was just screaming Jesus Jesus until I hit a mechanic on d road. It wasn't funny dat day

1 Like

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Gospelgirl(f): 11:59am On Aug 03, 2012
My immediate elder brother who was a guru in driving at a very tender age,offered to teach me how to drive but had to stop because of his impatience, and me thinking I could make do with the little I learnt,not knowing much abt changing gears drove my fiance's car(he was out of town then)for more than a week on my street using only gear 1 and having to look down under the steering to be sure my legs are in proper places once in awhile,least I forget I almost removed the steering trying to stop the car from moving, instead of matching brake.
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 03, 2012
I nearly bash my ferrari if not for the bumper of My Bugati that stop me and i brushed it a little cool

1 Like

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Parnassuss(m): 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2012
don blacky: Well it wasn't me dat it happend 2,but i was in d car too(my co learner)..... It was a frnds driving skool,he offered 2 help me learn,so on dat faithful day,i was bhind d wheels taking instructions 4rm my frnd....but there was dis busybody at d back seat(cos if its nt ur turn 2 drive,u will seat at d bck seat(co learners))d busybody kept on shouting nd also instructing me.lyk he is nw an expert.telling me wat 2 do nd wat nt 2 do.i bcame angry nd came down 4 him 2 drive(even d instructor was angry). So we asked hm 2 drive...he was all excited nd jumped in nd even refused listening 2 d instructor,b4 we knew it,he zoomed off.at 1st he was doing fine,then he increased his speed nd d problem started. We got 2 a bend,he didnt slow down,at 1st i was comfortable tinking he knws wat he was doing,nt until i looked at his face nd saw him sweating nd panting,i tapped d instructor nd held his shoulder...meanwhile d "SABI GUY" was still on full speed nd there was a thick bush in front of us.i nd d instructor sensing dat we were heading 2wards d bush,started shouting"march break,march break". D guy removed his hands 4rm d steering nd bent his head down looking 4 d breaks shouting"wey am wey am wey am". (4 my mind i say"i die well,na who send me ehhhhhh"winkinstructor dey shout "jesus ehhhhhhh"...we just entered d bush wit full speed nd kept on hitting nd falling plants untill we were stopped by a thick plantain plantation....d instructor nd d busybody were slightly injured....when we came down,d instructor gave d guy a very big slap nd heavy kick..but i couldn't do any tin(cos i was shaking all over,nd praising God silently). Mehn 4 two weeks i no near motor,it was d instructor nd my mum dat persuaded me 2 go bck nd continue(4giv my english pls)

Hahahahahahaha my belle don tear 4 real! That Sabi Guy too much joor!

My learning how drive was off and on till I was 17 cos I was in a boarding school, but I learned pretty easily from my uncle and big bro (I had a lesson apiece). Where I had an experience was wen my cousin convinced me to come for a ride on our uncle's bike in the village. The house was deserted and we sought entertainment.
We climbed and he started the bike without an issue, rode to the end of the untarred road and came back. But the spirit was strong in us that day so we pushed our luck once more, and this time we drove to the road and got on it.

We zoomed and felt the wind in faces feeling wild. Maybe a minute later one guy by the road called my cousin's attention as we zoomed past and the idiott (cousin) turned to wave. I saw the massive pothole rush towards us and decided that even our blood tie wasn't strong enuf for that so I jumped off backwards (but I had to push d youngman forward to do that) and he surged headlong into the accident. I don't know whether he said it before, during or just after the fall but he cursed (Akripkapka Gbawa'gi ishi) 'Akripkapka scatter ur head' at me. I didn't bother to wait and see end result so I just turned and ran. Luckily I was @ my pops village so I just ran straight to my mum's dad's house where I was untouchable and stayed there 4 the rest of our visit. My cousin still hates me for that till this day!

2 Likes

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by slamstan(m): 12:22pm On Aug 03, 2012
Reverse was my first move..i was 16yrs then
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Gospelgirl(f): 12:24pm On Aug 03, 2012
bolseas: I was heading towards a ditch, because i was avoiding a woman and her son who were going to church. my uncle started screaming "te brake, te brake" meaning match brake, match brake. and i replied "mi o ri brake, mi o ri brake"ofcourse i found the brake after landing in the ditch. we got help to bring out the car and my uncle insisted i continue driving until we get home. after parking the car, i dint go near it again. so scary.

The funniest of all!!! Still laughing!

1 Like

Re: Your First Driving Lessons by deandavid(m): 12:26pm On Aug 03, 2012
was 15 years old,knew the basics(4 mouth), but havent practicalized, until i saw my childhood mate driving their car with full speed on the main road, i was challenged. How we go get 2 cars and i no sabi drive, omo na f.up, nd my mate dy blow speed. D next day dad left his jalopy(mitsibushi gallant steery very strong) omo i enter road, used only gear 1 and 2 from ekpan thru nnpc housing complex road to airport road, wen i got to ekpan bridge,i wantd to go bak home,bt didnt knw how to reverse, i crossed my hrt(na once man dy die) i climb bridge went to airport road came back home without reversing. One thing that help me to have control is the hold up i met, with the stiff steery. Didnt hit anybody, drove secretly 4 another 4 years without liscence(police no catch me)
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by jokobaba: 12:28pm On Aug 03, 2012
I drove straight into a gutter. It took me a fortune to get my Dad's car out of it...lol
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by sigba(f): 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2012
smart-dude:
aldou i had no accident...but ma eye saw ma ears dat day...i was frightened wen a teepar was behind me and to make matters worse my rear view mirror was bent so wen i lukd at it to c d oda car i saw no driver....it was just like in d spirit world for me....i nearly fainted....but calmed myself down dat there was no way in hell dat car was moving by itself....so i decerelated a little and it passed den i saw d driver......lol
ROFLMAO, u almost choked me with laugther wit ur xperince, lol.
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by idowuswap: 12:30pm On Aug 03, 2012
Im a husler.by s-me. www.waptrick.com naija hot muzik
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by akintun: 12:30pm On Aug 03, 2012
I was in secondary school at dat time. I got into d car, and drove into d gutter. D good thing was dat I had all d time in world to pull out d car b4 my parents came back from work. Dat car suffer from my hand, no be small.
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by sigba(f): 12:37pm On Aug 03, 2012
don blacky: Well it wasn't me dat it happend 2,but i was in d car too(my co learner)..... It was a frnds driving skool,he offered 2 help me learn,so on dat faithful day,i was bhind d wheels taking instructions 4rm my frnd....but there was dis busybody at d back seat(cos if its nt ur turn 2 drive,u will seat at d bck seat(co learners))d busybody kept on shouting nd also instructing me.lyk he is nw an expert.telling me wat 2 do nd wat nt 2 do.i bcame angry nd came down 4 him 2 drive(even d instructor was angry). So we asked hm 2 drive...he was all excited nd jumped in nd even refused listening 2 d instructor,b4 we knew it,he zoomed off.at 1st he was doing fine,then he increased his speed nd d problem started. We got 2 a bend,he didnt slow down,at 1st i was comfortable tinking he knws wat he was doing,nt until i looked at his face nd saw him sweating nd panting,i tapped d instructor nd held his shoulder...meanwhile d "SABI GUY" was still on full speed nd there was a thick bush in front of us.i nd d instructor sensing dat we were heading 2wards d bush,started shouting"march break,march break". D guy removed his hands 4rm d steering nd bent his head down looking 4 d breaks shouting"wey am wey am wey am". (4 my mind i say"i die well,na who send me ehhhhhh"winkinstructor dey shout "jesus ehhhhhhh"...we just entered d bush wit full speed nd kept on hitting nd falling plants untill we were stopped by a thick plantain plantation....d instructor nd d busybody were slightly injured....when we came down,d instructor gave d guy a very big slap nd heavy kick..but i couldn't do any tin(cos i was shaking all over,nd praising God silently). Mehn 4 two weeks i no near motor,it was d instructor nd my mum dat persuaded me 2 go bck nd continue(4giv my english pls)
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by Chuksaluta(m): 12:37pm On Aug 03, 2012
Mine was when I was like 14, I was able to move our manual car forward and backward inside d compound.
One day in secondary school, a friend brought his fathers benz230 and I boasted of my driving. He gave me d keys and I had difficulty in changing the gear, I also noticed that the car goes noisy whenever I matched the clutch. I came down to complain to him that the car was faulty. But I was wrong, I mistook the accelerator for a clutch. I really fall hands that day.
Re: Your First Driving Lessons by sigba(f): 12:40pm On Aug 03, 2012
OMG, i tot i saw the funniest experience until i saw urs, this is rib cracking, lol, i cant stop laughing, see as tears dey commot for my eyes. Still reeling wit laughter, somebody help me, lol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MAZDA 6. To Buy Or Not To Buy / Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality / Call For Your Customs Clearing Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.