Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,517 members, 7,836,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? (11490 Views)

Living With Parents After Wedding / iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? / Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by OsinachiRuth: 2:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
[/color]As 4 me is not advicable.[color=#000099]As 4 me is not advicable.As 4 me is not advicable cos there not be enough respect b/w d couple nd d parents.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Chirolechick: 2:14pm On Aug 14, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Well said.

Additionally, the most important thing here is love. Both parents are obviously in love with each other. Yes, they barely have enough room to swing a cat, but both the man and woman are working, doing the little they can to put a roof over their kids head, food on the table and clothe their little ones.

As far as I can see, the kids are growing up with mum and dad. That in itself is a lot. Poverty is a thing of the mind. This couple seem content with the little they have AND are happy with each other. Who are we to judge them anyway? Money isn't the be-all-and-end-all, and going by the daft threads posted in this section daily (he / she cheats, blah blah blah...) a lot of posters should learn a thing or two from this couple.

guy u try,i was eating my fried yam n fish when what u wrote caught my attention, what gives u the impression that cos they have sex every night then they r in love,ow do u no if d sex was passionate or not or if d woman was compelled by d man 2 spread her legs. that they have sex every night or stay with their kids doesn't justify their action of breeding malnourished kids
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Well said.

Additionally, the most important thing here is love. Both parents are obviously in love with each other. Yes, they barely have enough room to swing a cat, but both the man and woman are working, doing the little they can to put a roof over their kids head, food on the table and clothe their little ones.

As far as I can see, the kids are growing up with mum and dad. That in itself is a lot. Poverty is a thing of the mind. This couple seem content with the little they have AND are happy with each other. Who are we to judge them anyway? Money isn't the be-all-and-end-all, and going by the daft threads posted in this section daily (he / she cheats, blah blah blah...) a lot of posters should learn a thing or two from this couple.

Yo!
I like what you wrote, kinda sweet and human. If you cannot afford a place for yourself and your woman you have no business whatsoever getting married and at least bringing kids to this world. It utterly selfish of both parents to raise their kids under such conditions.

Poverty can be a thing of the mind, but it is also out there for real. Not everyone would get to live in posh apartments and posh neighborhoods, but at least a man should be able to put a roof over his family's head and food on the bloody table. Else he should keep his baby breeding tool inside his pants.

1 Like

Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 14, 2012
it is not ideal to squard with your parent while married but in some situation it can happen... to overcome this or to unravel the situation you need to learn new things that will generate money like never before.... you will thank me Leta for this info... read below to find out.... for free... click below to be financially free
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by veraponpo(m): 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2012
acidtalk: With the very high cost of house rent now across the globe, newly wedded couple always have renting of an apartment as well as furnishing it as the biggest challenge they will face as couples.

While some ladies are ready to manage with their to-be husbands on any house type he can afford, other will clearly insist on nothing less than a 2 bedroom apartment. They will ask the man to have a foresight on when they start having children, when friends and relatives come visiting as well as enough space to occupy their "newly bridal gifts".

Location is another thing so many ladies are concerned about, they want to stay in locations easily accessible to the market, bus-stop and in general within town.

Nairalanders what is your take on couples squatting with their parents either because they can't afford rent a newly weds or because they got ejected from their house for lack of payment of rent.

The best thing to do is to safe enough money to get a good place-good here is relative. One bed self-contain, two bed flat, three rooms face to face, two rooms face to face, move to cheaper areas like Ketu, Ikorodu, Akute, Ojodu, Alagbole,Mowe, Ibafo, etc

Staying with the parents is bad and bad- for the course shall a man leave his father and mother and cleave to his own wife, and the two shall become one-Holy Bible

Your genuine experiences will be appreciated.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2012
I would take the BQ of a face me I face over living with my/his parents, my sanity is too expensive to be toyed with abeg.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Maxdiamond(m): 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2012
acidtalk: In as much as the above story sounds really touching, i cantell you the woman sees nothing wrong in giving birth to as many children as her womb can take.

This very same set of people will still open their eye and give their daughters to men who were worse than their husbands.

Poverty is a thing of the mindset really.
People are only as rich or poor as much as they know.
or why do you think the poor men breed the highest number of children.
The poor men breed d highest number of childrens because they dnt av money 2 catch fun outside,go 2 club,party,dinner nite,shows etc and as such,they see their wife as the only sources of fun and they start making luv always and giving birth 2 many numbers of childrens.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by veraponpo(m): 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2012
acidtalk: You are correct but there are some circumstances in which maybe the ladie mistakenly got pregnant and marriage is the only way out and this is a man who is yet to even feed himself well.

In that situation both the young man and the pregnant wife are left with no other option than to keep living with his parents pending when they can get enough money to rent an apartment.

Get a room face to face pending when u can get a better place.

Elaborate wedding is not important, parents' blessing is all u need.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by amdman: 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2012
It is not a good thing to squat with your parents after getting married, but certain circumstances may warrant it.

When I got married, my wife stayed with my parents for about 3months (after honeymooning for about two weeks in Lagos though) while I squatted with a friend in the meanwhile. Stupid as that may sound, I will tell you why

2 months to my wedding in October 2010, I got this lovely 2 bedroom flat in a Northern town where I was working. Every other thing seemed set for the wedding (as per all plans were on course). By the end of September however, I got an offer from a better organization in lagos to resume 4th October. The relocation costs to Lagos was like N1m and that was unbudgetted. The other option was moving the wedding to a later date and mind you invitation cards went out like 2 months previously and most things were paid for.

At the end of the day, we got married, she stayed with my parents (in another city), I squatted with a friend for awhile, pushed hard and made our own place possible.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by amdman: 2:44pm On Aug 14, 2012
It is not a good thing to squat with your parents after getting married, but certain circumstances may warrant it.

When I got married, my wife stayed with my parents for about 3months (after honeymooning for about two weeks in Lagos though) while I squatted with a friend in the meanwhile. Stupid as that may sound, I will tell you why

2 months to my wedding in October 2010, I got this lovely 2 bedroom flat in a Northern town where I was working. Every other thing seemed set for the wedding (as per all plans were on course). By the end of September however, I got an offer from a better organization in lagos to resume 4th October. The relocation costs to Lagos was like N1m and that was unbudgetted. The other option was moving the wedding to a later date and mind you invitation cards went out like 2 months previously and most things were paid for.

At the end of the day, we got married, she stayed with my parents (in another city), I squatted with a friend for awhile, pushed hard and made our own place possible
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by veraponpo(m): 2:45pm On Aug 14, 2012
acidtalk: With the very high cost of house rent now across the globe, newly wedded couple always have renting of an apartment as well as furnishing it as the biggest challenge they will face as couples.

While some ladies are ready to manage with their to-be husbands on any house type he can afford, other will clearly insist on nothing less than a 2 bedroom apartment. They will ask the man to have a foresight on when they start having children, when friends and relatives come visiting as well as enough space to occupy their "newly bridal gifts".

Location is another thing so many ladies are concerned about, they want to stay in locations easily accessible to the market, bus-stop and in general within town.

Nairalanders what is your take on couples squatting with their parents either because they can't afford rent a newly weds or because they got ejected from their house for lack of payment of rent.

The best thing to do is to safe enough money to get a good place-good here is relative. One bed self-contain, two bed flat, three rooms face to face, two rooms face to face, move to cheaper areas like Ketu, Ikorodu, Akute, Ojodu, Alagbole,Mowe, Ibafo, etc

Staying with the parents is bad and bad- for the course shall a man leave his father and mother and cleave to his own wife, and the two shall become one-Holy Bible

Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by veraponpo(m): 2:46pm On Aug 14, 2012

The best thing to do is to save enough money to get a good place-good here is relative. One bed self-contain, two bed flat, three rooms face to face, two rooms face to face, move to cheaper areas like Ketu, Ikorodu, Akute, Ojodu, Alagbole,Mowe, Ibafo, etc

Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 14, 2012
To say the least, it is absurd.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Ishilove: 2:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
kulyie: Hehehehe nawao.d brea.st wey don fal like great grand moda own.no flesh 4 inside,d tin don over squeeze sef,lookin so ugly.no money to maintain d br.e.a.st and looks.d woman no get money to do fixing,na only xmas she dey perm her hair,ass,she no get,so wetin dey her body wey he go dey get er.e.c.t.i.on because of her.if i see d naked bodi sef,i go say madam abeg go wear dress,because d tin go dey do me like say make i vomit,stretch mark sef don full im tummy.walahi,if na me get dat wife,i no go bury my prick inside dat her hole,i no go even get erection for ten yrs.smh.may God help us
You know, i hate it when some ignorant jerks make fun of women's bodies, forgetting that it was a woman that brought them to life.

Assshole angry

3 Likes

Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by GboyegaD(m): 3:05pm On Aug 14, 2012
afam4eva: "It comes a time when a man shall leave his mother and father and marry a wife". This quote simply means that your parents will not be responsible for you as you're now fit to fend for yourself. if you're not then there's no use getting married just yet. Don't bring your kids into poverty.

You know sometimes, the parents are the cause. Imagine a mother pestering her son to get married knowing fully well this son of hers have no job. Many other situations like that. For instance, there was this time I bought a friend's aso ebi and I knew I wasn't going for the wedding. The tailor I use has his shop in my parents garrage and because he knows I come home to see my mom every weekend, he decided to drop the cloth with her. That weekend my mom reminded me the guy brought the cloth and wanted to know when I was going to the wedding since I wasn't as excited as I usually was for my other friends. I told her I wasn't going and she was like why then did I buy the aso ebi. I responded it was because I never wanted to be seen as an enemy but before then, I told my friend that since the girl isn't pregnant yet, there was no need rushing into marriage because he himself wasn't comfortable and you needed to see where he lives. My mom's response was that it isn't my business how comfortable he is and that there is a saying that "marriage and children brings fortunes". I was like she wouldn't understand how this guy lives and her next response was that despite my good job, was I ready yet? Why I brought this is just to stress my point that sometimes, some parents encourage such marriages.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 14, 2012
acidtalk:

Also seen some and I know how bad it could be.

The only one I know who is enjoying his is a friend's elder brother who still feels cool staying in his father's BQ (a duplex) in Park view ikoyi.
His reasons being afterall all his other siblings are abroad and he doesn't want to leave the mansion because his parents will be bored ( in my mind I am always like "boring indeed or just being stingy).

This is a man that works with MTN and gets paid heavy.

Notin do that man. Renting a house wiil be more uncomfortable for him than staying in a BQ inside a mansion. Mansions get level broda.

But the best is a young man completing his house before getting married. Which woman no go like am? Am blest.

1 Like

Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
As an Alusi, Elder and Spokesman for the Gods, I will advice against it. IT HARDLY EVER TURNS OUT WELL, HARDLY!

Now that said, I am not oblivious to the difficulties that could be encountered in a marriage and in some cases can drive a man to swallow his pride and fall back on his/her parents for help. I remember a friend of mine who was working with one of the Nigerian banks and then married his long time girlfriend of almost 10 years. After about 3 years and a baby girl, he lost his job and had only the wifes miserly income as the backbone for food. I remember that it got so bad that after about 1 year and 3 months, his rent expired and he started contemplating moving into his in-laws house cos it was in Port-Harcourt and would keep him close to the job market. It took the help of I and some friends to pull over half a million to rent him a smaller apartment in town for two years. Today he is working with Ecobank and doing very well.

Now this is a case of a Guy who was based in the U.S, married his wife and took her abroad. He wasnt starving, but at the same time wasnt making an insane amount of money either. So his wifes parents kept persuading and persuading him to return to Nigeria with the promise of setting him up with a god job and all that. So the guy gave in after a while and flew back to Abuja with his wife. The first few months were rosy, everybody was all smiles and laughter.. No Job was forth coming, after a while, the guys mother in-law offered one of their vacant houses in Abuja to them so that they can settle. Well, the long story short is that the boys mother-in-law lost her mind after a while and it got to the point she would even hold him by the belt of his trousers and insult him and call him names.. The boy in all this never once lost his cool. So when the embarassment got to a head, he uped and relocated to his own fathers house in another state in Nigeria.. It took him about 5 years, but now he is doing just fine.

The moral lesson here is DONT. Familiarity breeds contempt atimes. Its not healthy for the guy (in his in-laws house) and not either for the girl (in her in-laws house). I would rather suggest a loan from them to rent a house than to outrightly move in with them. No matter the situation.

1 Like

Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by solgee(m): 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
kulyie: Everything in life is about planning.how can a couple get carried away by mushiness that they cant find an apartment before they say i do.what kind of foolishness is that.d best thing to avoid squatting with parents which will attract insults and disrespects especially when your stay is getting to long and you are beginning to be seen as a nuisance aroud is to get an apartment ready like 5 months before your weding.d couple should both contribute money and Behind it up to their taste.as a matter of fact getting where to stay and money to maintain d house is of more importance and priority than the fan fare of wedding.afterall after wedding,all d well wishers will go back to their respective pkaces and marriage will start,so the best thing to avoid all that nonesense is for both couple to have a job that can sustain them and d lil visitor that will soon b on d way and have a roof over their head instead of doing big wedding and now renting a house or looking for were to squat,it simply makes no sense.if a man allows his wife to squat with her parents from where i come from especially after wedding or early yrs in their marriage,when its getting to like two weeks or a month,its like asking for disrespect for d man,u will start hearing side talks from d mother of d woman that are u sure u r a man @ all.if u know ure nt ready to take up d responsibilities of marriage,y did u marry,infact ur wifes younger siblings will start disrespectin d man and d wife,dependin on families,some will say it out.to cut d long story short,no family member from d ladys side where i come will ever respect d man again.even if he is rich tomorow,dey wil stil remind him how he was nothing and how dey helped him cover his shame by accomodating his wife in d house.d wife sef go hearam because if she goes to d kitchen to take food,dey wil tel her to go n collect money frm her husband dat her husbands place does nt extend here
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:11pm On Aug 14, 2012
Okija_juju: As an Alusi, Elder and Spokesman for the Gods, I will advice against it. IT HARDLY EVER TURNS OUT WELL, HARDLY!

Now that said, I am not oblivious to the difficulties that could be encountered in a marriage and in some cases can drive a man to swallow his pride and fall back on his/her parents for help. I remember a friend of mine who was working with one of the Nigerian banks and then married his long time girlfriend of almost 10 years. After about 3 years and a baby girl, he lost his job and had only the wifes miserly income as the backbone for food. I remember that it got so bad that after about 1 year and 3 months, his rent expired and he started contemplating moving into his in-laws house cos it was in Port-Harcourt and would keep him close to the job market. It took the help of I and some friends to pull over half a million to rent him a smaller apartment in town for two years. Today he is working with Ecobank and doing very well.

Now this is a case of a Guy who was based in the U.S, married his wife and took her abroad. He wasnt starving, but at the same time wasnt making an insane amount of money either. So his wifes parents kept persuading and persuading him to return to Nigeria with the promise of setting him up with a god job and all that. So the guy gave in after a while and flew back to Abuja with his wife. The first few months were rosy, everybody was all smiles and laughter.. No Job was forth coming, after a while, the guys mother in-law offered one of their vacant houses in Abuja to them so that they can settle. Well, the long story short is that the boys mother-in-law lost her mind after a while and it got to the point she would even hold him by the belt of his trousers and insult him and call him names.. The boy in all this never once lost his cool. So when the embarassment got to a head, he uped and relocated to his own fathers house in another state in Nigeria.. It took him about 5 years, but now he is doing just fine.

The moral lesson here is DONT. Familiarity breeds contempt atimes. Its not healthy for the guy (in his in-laws house) and not either for the girl (in her in-laws house). I would rather suggest a loan from them to rent a house than to outrightly move in with them. No matter the situation.

MONSO SPIRITUAL YOU HAVE SPOKEN!
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by solgee(m): 3:11pm On Aug 14, 2012
@Kulyie, You have said it all
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 14, 2012
acidtalk:

Also seen some and I know how bad it could be.

The only one I know who is enjoying his is a friend's elder brother who still feels cool staying in his father's BQ (a duplex) in Park view ikoyi.
His reasons being afterall all his other siblings are abroad and he doesn't want to leave the mansion because his parents will be bored ( in my mind I am always like "boring indeed or just being stingy).

This is a man that works with MTN and gets paid heavy.

Notin do that man. Renting a house wiil be more uncomfortable for him than staying in a BQ inside a mansion. Mansions get level broda.

But the best is a young man completing his house before getting married. Which woman no go like am? Am blest.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by mkoabiola: 3:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
If u can live wit ur parents 2geda with ur spouse dat means u no get shame.is it by force wen u nva ready?
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by safarigirl(f): 3:46pm On Aug 14, 2012
No, no, no, it's just wrong! I don't care bout anyone's situation, if you feel like you're grown enough to stick your stuff in someone's hole, you should be grown enough to provide for a family, including accommodation. Squatting means inconveniencing not just yourself, but the entire house, first weeks of marriage ought to be filled with hot, wild impromptu banging, how the hell are you guys supposed to get your freak on with mum and dad, who are most likely retired and always at home, looking on? And there's probably a nosy niece or lil sis somewhere around
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by jobaskia(m): 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
There are circumstances which makes couples experience. Let me share with you. My wedding was just six days and I got I sacked frm my place of work . Had gotten accomondation somewhere and I later calld d person who was abroad that gave me the apartment and he suggested is i don't pack in that he's better he refunds the money to me to keep me afloat which he did. The job loss was really unexepected so I ve to summon courage and start hustling there and there and I later move out of the my parent's house 4yrs after. It wasn't rosy or palatable experience. If the woman(wife) can sustain the period of adversary no wahala . No problem comes your way that is not surmountable. Women influences some decision quite alright but at the same time they have to show humility to keep relationship with family members.
Thank God we are both working now and living happily as well.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Iykecruz: 4:41pm On Aug 14, 2012
Lol @ thread>> groom undecidedLol @ thread>> groom
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Clemzy16(m): 4:47pm On Aug 14, 2012
I really don't have much to say about this issue. All i can say is that.. "It's not a good idea."
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by luluosas(m): 5:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
This scenario is very common in the village though I don't subscribe to it.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by seyigiggle: 5:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
LETS LOOK AT IT SCRIPTURALLY, A MAN WOULD LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND CLING TO HIS WIFE. THE WIFE IS SUPPOSE TO TAKE CARE OF THE ACCOMODATION NOW (NA JOKE OOO.).
IT IS VERY WRONG EXCEPT IF IT IS FOR A VERY SHORT TIME IF SITUATION WARRANT
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:11pm On Aug 14, 2012
Sort your accommodation issues before getting married! Living with parents as a married couple is never advisable. . .Too much interference from them which could lead to issues that shouldn't even be there in the first place.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by aAK1(m): 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2012
Couples Squatting With
Parents is not a new thin, especially in the north where wealthy men build big compounds wit free empty rooms.most men never live home until maybe later in life.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by ayobase(m): 6:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
If its only due to Mpape demolition!
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by francescainnoce(f): 11:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
to me its a bad idea...i no life seem difficult but not when u plan ahead....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hand Of Hope : A Touching Moment Captured On Lens! / What If Marriage Were Temporary / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.