Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? (11476 Views)

Living With Parents After Wedding / iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? / Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by acidtalk: 6:56pm On Aug 01, 2012
With the very high cost of house rent now across the globe, newly wedded couple always have renting of an apartment as well as furnishing it as the biggest challenge they will face as couples.

While some ladies are ready to manage with their to-be husbands on any house type he can afford, other will clearly insist on nothing less than a 2 bedroom apartment. They will ask the man to have a foresight on when they start having children, when friends and relatives come visiting as well as enough space to occupy their "newly bridal gifts".

Location is another thing so many ladies are concerned about, they want to stay in locations easily accessible to the market, bus-stop and in general within town.

Nairalanders what is your take on couples squatting with their parents either because they can't afford rent a newly weds or because they got ejected from their house for lack of payment of rent.

Your genuine experiences will be appreciated.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 01, 2012
Everything in life is about planning.how can a couple get carried away by mushiness that they cant find an apartment before they say i do.what kind of foolishness is that.d best thing to avoid squatting with parents which will attract insults and disrespects especially when your stay is getting to long and you are beginning to be seen as a nuisance aroud is to get an apartment ready like 5 months before your weding.d couple should both contribute money and Behind it up to their taste.as a matter of fact getting where to stay and money to maintain d house is of more importance and priority than the fan fare of wedding.afterall after wedding,all d well wishers will go back to their respective pkaces and marriage will start,so the best thing to avoid all that nonesense is for both couple to have a job that can sustain them and d lil visitor that will soon b on d way and have a roof over their head instead of doing big wedding and now renting a house or looking for were to squat,it simply makes no sense.if a man allows his wife to squat with her parents from where i come from especially after wedding or early yrs in their marriage,when its getting to like two weeks or a month,its like asking for disrespect for d man,u will start hearing side talks from d mother of d woman that are u sure u r a man @ all.if u know ure nt ready to take up d responsibilities of marriage,y did u marry,infact ur wifes younger siblings will start disrespectin d man and d wife,dependin on families,some will say it out.to cut d long story short,no family member from d ladys side where i come will ever respect d man again.even if he is rich tomorow,dey wil stil remind him how he was nothing and how dey helped him cover his shame by accomodating his wife in d house.d wife sef go hearam because if she goes to d kitchen to take food,dey wil tel her to go n collect money frm her husband dat her husbands place does nt extend here

9 Likes

Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by acidtalk: 11:20pm On Aug 01, 2012
You are correct but there are some circumstances in which maybe the ladie mistakenly got pregnant and marriage is the only way out and this is a man who is yet to even feed himself well.

In that situation both the young man and the pregnant wife are left with no other option than to keep living with his parents pending when they can get enough money to rent an apartment.

2 Likes

Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by ifyalways(f): 4:43am On Aug 02, 2012
I need my privacy, kpekusing noise and all. I'll rather be in our own face-me-I-face-you than squat with anyone,relatives inclusive. Every intending couple should have a solid plan and back up for accomodation.

4 Likes

Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by acidtalk: 5:05am On Aug 02, 2012
ifyalways: I need my privacy, kpekusing noise and all. I'll rather be in our own face-me-I-face-you than squat with anyone,relatives inclusive. Every intending couple should have a solid plan and back up for accomodation.

Like earlier stated in the original post, Some people will rather leave their 3 bedroom apartment in a place like badagry or sango otta and be squatters in a BQ in lekki or Ikoyi.

Giving reasons such as nearness to their office, better security, less traffic and the rest.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 02, 2012
@ acidtalk Why will a man in his right senses or a lady in her right mind get pregnant because pregnancy dis days in no longer a mistake (postinor and other afta sex drugs are there) especially wen d man has released his semen into her.why will a couple bring their 1st child to d world to suffer with dem.abi was d child part of d sex.anyway like my mother will say poverty is a choice it isnt a curse or an inherited thing.that ur father is poor doesnt mean u should b poor.

3 Likes

Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by acidtalk: 7:31am On Aug 02, 2012
You are so correct on the poverty being a choice thing.

Believe it or not...The rich will keep getting richer will the poor will keep getting poorer.
The difference being their different level of exposure.
If you go to some outskirt areas in Lagos and some other states, you will be so amazed at the number of teenage parents.
When the boy is barely 20 and the mother as young as 16. It sounds ridiculous but it happens everyday and everywhere in Africa (Nigeria).
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 02, 2012
@ acid talk u r right.some religious leaders actually lie to som daft men and women dat poverty is a curse and dey have to do deliverance or until ur father dies,u can neva make it and dey are okada men living in one room breeding babies like pigs.infact there was a case of one woman in d market who sells turkey.i buy turkey fom her a lot and so we developed a cordial relationshp.shes pregnant now for her nineth child and i was like y does she kip getin pregnant.y cant u go 4 family planing.ure livin in a one room and u stil kip getin pregnant dnt u know its doesnt help d psyche of ur kids,even d house doesnt contain d children.all of dem sleep on a mat togeda and she said its God dat makes children,it is a sin to stop children frm comin to d world and i told her am nt talkin about abortion,she said family planning is a sin.since then i stopped givin her money or livin my change with her.some people just enjoy penury but i feel sorry for those her kids dat she will buy one 4o naira indomie and 4 kids will b sharing it.d older ones will drink garri.d remainig turkey dat gets spoilt and wasnt able to b sold is what her and her husband will eat.infact i wonder what time dey use to make love when she leaves agboju @ 6.45 pm and gets to ikeja.d man sef na commercial bus driver who makes like 3oo naira or one thousand in a day
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by acidtalk: 9:27am On Aug 02, 2012
In as much as the above story sounds really touching, i cantell you the woman sees nothing wrong in giving birth to as many children as her womb can take.

This very same set of people will still open their eye and give their daughters to men who were worse than their husbands.

Poverty is a thing of the mindset really.
People are only as rich or poor as much as they know.
or why do you think the poor men breed the highest number of children.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 02, 2012
But what i dont understand in d whole matter is dat with all d insults,contempt,degradation and lack of money associated with poverty dey stll have d strength for sex.i thought they should b traumatised or even ashamed of having sex talkless of an erection,yet dey still have sex,d woman sef is even d amazing part of it,u know sey u neva chop beleful,u no think of skul fees as u dey fly ur legs open.if d woman cloes her legs and say no to sex from her husband she has everyright and of course d husbamd cannot get sex outside because he doesnt have monet to pay for it.smh
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by acidtalk: 10:47am On Aug 02, 2012
You are so funny.
But do you know it is ONLY that sex that makes this people happy?

* No fodd in store or fridge
* PHCN has disconnected their life
* Only 3 sarchet of water left for 10 people
* no fuel to power gen (if any)
* Children can't go to school 'cus they have paid their school fees.
* Woman is complaining of rain beating her 'cus she has no shade to sell.
* husband complains of Micreants, lastma and police harassing him while on duty.

What else do you thing can make them happy and hope for a better tomorrow if not sex?

3 Likes

Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Bawss1(m): 12:41pm On Aug 02, 2012
I have seen squatting couples and I must say it is a situation I pray never to find myself in.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by acidtalk: 6:47pm On Aug 02, 2012
Bawss1: I have seen squatting couples and I must say it is a situation I pray never to find myself in.

Also seen some and I know how bad it could be.

The only one I know who is enjoying his is a friend's elder brother who still feels cool staying in his father's BQ (a duplex) in Park view ikoyi.
His reasons being afterall all his other siblings are abroad and he doesn't want to leave the mansion because his parents will be bored ( in my mind I am always like "boring indeed or just being stingy).

This is a man that works with MTN and gets paid heavy.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Stanley700(m): 7:09pm On Aug 02, 2012
[quote author=acidtalk]You are correct but there are some circumstances in which maybe the ladie mistakenly got pregnant and marriage is the only way out and this is a man who is yet to even feed himself well.

In that situation both the young man and the pregnant wife are left with no other option than to keep living with his parents pending when they can get enough money to rent an apartment.[/quo,

Yea un-planned pregnancy can make d lady stay back in her parents place, does that mean d man don't v a place of his own , even if its one room?
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by EfemenaXY: 7:49pm On Aug 02, 2012
acidtalk: You are so funny.
But do you know it is ONLY that sex that makes this people happy?

* No fodd in store or fridge
* PHCN has disconnected their life
* Only 3 sarchet of water left for 10 people
* no fuel to power gen (if any)
* Children can't go to school 'cus they have paid their school fees.
* Woman is complaining of rain beating her 'cus she has no shade to sell.
* husband complains of Micreants, lastma and police harassing him while on duty.

What else do you thing can make them happy and hope for a better tomorrow if not sex?

Well said.

Additionally, the most important thing here is love. Both parents are obviously in love with each other. Yes, they barely have enough room to swing a cat, but both the man and woman are working, doing the little they can to put a roof over their kids head, food on the table and clothe their little ones.

As far as I can see, the kids are growing up with mum and dad. That in itself is a lot. Poverty is a thing of the mind. This couple seem content with the little they have AND are happy with each other. Who are we to judge them anyway? Money isn't the be-all-and-end-all, and going by the daft threads posted in this section daily (he / she cheats, blah blah blah...) a lot of posters should learn a thing or two from this couple.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2012
@ acid talk Hehehehe so u mean sex hasa now become a hobby for poor people to take their mind off d misery nawa o.may God have mercy for what am about to say.anytime i pass by those face me i face u house,i look down towards d pen.i.s of d men that are there whether the thing is still working despite d fact dat hunger dey tear dia bele.i 4 one sef cant tink of sex wen am hungry,its d last tin on my mind.so dis pipu don turn sex to food or somtin wey det console.nawa o.heheh
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by EfemenaXY: 10:16pm On Aug 02, 2012
^^ Green eyed monster at work... grin tongue
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by acidtalk: 4:28am On Aug 03, 2012
kulyie: @ acid talk Hehehehe so u mean sex hasa now become a hobby for poor people to take their mind off d misery nawa o.may God have mercy for what am about to say.anytime i pass by those face me i face u house,i look down towards d pen.i.s of d men that are there whether the thing is still working despite d fact dat hunger dey tear dia bele.i 4 one sef cant tink of sex wen am hungry,its d last tin on my mind.so dis pipu don turn sex to food or somtin wey det console.nawa o.heheh

Sex is basically a consolatory gift the poor gets for free from his wife if he even has to pay for every other thing that both of them could find pleasure in.

Or who una think say promote and advertize all these local sex stimulant drinks and drugs? Of course na them now.

1 Like

Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 03, 2012
Hehehehe nawao.d brea.st wey don fal like great grand moda own.no flesh 4 inside,d tin don over squeeze sef,lookin so ugly.no money to maintain d br.e.a.st and looks.d woman no get money to do fixing,na only xmas she dey perm her hair,ass,she no get,so wetin dey her body wey he go dey get er.e.c.t.i.on because of her.if i see d naked bodi sef,i go say madam abeg go wear dress,because d tin go dey do me like say make i vomit,stretch mark sef don full im tummy.walahi,if na me get dat wife,i no go bury my prick inside dat her hole,i no go even get erection for ten yrs.smh.may God help us
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by acidtalk: 9:34am On Aug 03, 2012
^^^
Beauty the say is in the eyes of "Baba Amaka".
You one vomit if you see him wife, but he is ready to kill whoever he see cutting eye to his wife.
One man's meat is another man's poison.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 03, 2012
Hehehehehehehehehe.nawa o.it is well
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by acidtalk: 8:41pm On Aug 12, 2012
Yes oh!
It is really well.
Afterall one man's meat is another's poison.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 12, 2012
No,I would hate to squat with my parents, in my old age I would also hate it if my married child comes with his family to squat with me and my husband. That is when I'm supposed to be living a stress free life with all the children gone, just eat sleep, s.ex and collect pension. as a young bride, I hate it too cos that is when i'm supposed to be having s.ex round the house without inhibitions, not wondering whether my mum or dad will catch me in the act
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by acidtalk: 6:10pm On Aug 13, 2012
^^^
E be like say you like poking well well oh!
But anyway who doesn't?
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Afam4eva(m): 6:14pm On Aug 13, 2012
"It comes a time when a man shall leave his mother and father and marry a wife". This quote simply means that your parents will not be responsible for you as you're now fit to fend for yourself. if you're not then there's no use getting married just yet. Don't bring your kids into poverty.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by acidtalk: 8:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
^^^
There's a particular tribe in nigeria which I won't mention. They are known to house great grand father, grand father, father, son, grand son, great grand son, wife, aunty, grand aunty, sister, uncle, brothers, grand uncles , grand aunties, nephews, grand nieces and everyone inside the same building of between 2-4 bedrooms.

This same people will vouch that it is not poverty but rather their tradition/culture to all live together in harmony.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by EfemenaXY: 11:08pm On Aug 13, 2012
^^ For real??

In this day and age?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 14, 2012
ifyalways: I need my privacy, kpekusing noise and all. I'll rather be in our own face-me-I-face-you than squat with anyone,relatives inclusive. Every intending couple should have a solid plan and back up for accomodation.

If not that you are married,I'd have love to use that your noise as my ringtone. grin grin
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by collins123(m): 1:49pm On Aug 14, 2012
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by anicho(m): 1:54pm On Aug 14, 2012
It's a pity but it's what is obtainable today, fortunatily somthing can be done about the finance needed to get an accommodation (even if u are not married)...check out the link in my signature to know how.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Sike(m): 1:57pm On Aug 14, 2012
1 WORD: BAD
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by anuforoudo(f): 2:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
No matter how you look at it. The couple should try as much as possible to leave both families. They should struggle harder to get one room and stay together and plan from their. It is a good advice and a bitter truth to take. No matter the circumstances that gave rise to the marriage, the first step is to leave both families and cleave to themselves. I did this though I had all I needed at that time and she supported me. It will cover up their initial lapses, mistakes, quarrels, disagreements and also help them adjust easily. All these cannot happen in another man's roof regardless of the relationship.They will either intrude wrongly or correct subjectively by all means. God will help us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hand Of Hope : A Touching Moment Captured On Lens! / Saying ''thank You' After Meal Still Relevant In Our Society? / Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.