Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,329 members, 7,836,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? (11489 Views)

Living With Parents After Wedding / iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? / Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by fstranger9: 2:16am On Aug 15, 2012
naijababe: I would take the BQ of a face me I face over living with my/his parents, my sanity is too expensive to be toyed with abeg.

Hmm, awon aunti to n nawo deeee. I feel you.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by AnyibestDede(m): 8:02am On Aug 15, 2012
Some people here are just annoying me greatly with their post. How do u think that a couple ll be happy staying with their parents That u are futunate to have better roof over ur head does not mean the other man is not trying, that u ve a better job fetching u good money doesnot mean the man is not trying. Yes most @ times, poverty is a thing of the mind but ve u ask urself WHAT WAS THE OFFENCE OF ESAU THAT GOD LOVED JACOB RIGHT FROM THEIR MOTHER'S WOMB( GEN 25:22) No one wants to remain poor even if u were born as one pls u guys should ve this on ur minds. Do u think that a graduate is happy riding an okada( just to make ends meet) that lastma, agbero, police would not him be Do u thinking the woman hawking sechet water on the streets is happy doing it Do u think that those guys selling and risking their lifes on highway(in the name of selling in hold ups) are happy doing it Let us be realistic here and say things the way they are. Ask anybody, he or she will love to be RICH.

1 Like

Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by acidtalk: 9:04am On Aug 15, 2012
^^^
GOOD POINT
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by Bawss1(m): 11:22am On Aug 15, 2012
AnyibestDede: Some people here are just annoying me greatly with their post. How do u think that a couple ll be happy staying with their parents That u are futunate to have better roof over ur head does not mean the other man is not trying, that u ve a better job fetching u good money doesnot mean the man is not trying. Yes most @ times, poverty is a thing of the mind but ve u ask urself WHAT WAS THE OFFENCE OF ESAU THAT GOD LOVED JACOB RIGHT FROM THEIR MOTHER'S WOMB( GEN 25:22) No one wants to remain poor even if u were born as one pls u guys should ve this on ur minds. Do u think that a graduate is happy riding an okada( just to make ends meet) that lastma, agbero, police would not him be Do u thinking the woman hawking sechet water on the streets is happy doing it Do u think that those guys selling and risking their lifes on highway(in the name of selling in hold ups) are happy doing it Let us be realistic here and say things the way they are. Ask anybody, he or she will love to be RICH.

And your point is?
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by bamasite(m): 6:58pm On Aug 15, 2012
If there is an option, it is better to stay away from your parents so that you two can plan your life together. It is better to suffer together, get experience and be wise than continue as babies under your parents and all the intrusions
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by acidtalk: 8:08pm On Aug 15, 2012
^^^
You are so right but how many ladies out there who are ready to suffer with a man.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by e316(m): 1:19pm On Aug 16, 2012
It depends on what u mean by squatting.

Is it sharing the same apartment? or Sharing the same building/compound (but living in a different apartment, like BQ)? or Living in the same estate that belongs to either or the couple's parents (but living in an apartment which some blocks of flats away from the parents)?

For me, I'm against sharing any of the above with the bride's parents. But don't mind living in the same compound/estate/blocks of flats with my (groom's parents)parents with the plan to BUILD and move into MY OWN apartment as soon as possible. It all depends on understanding and respect of space & boundaries by all parties involved.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by acidtalk: 11:45am On Aug 27, 2012
e316: It depends on what u mean by squatting.

Is it sharing the same apartment? or Sharing the same building/compound (but living in a different apartment, like BQ)? or Living in the same estate that belongs to either or the couple's parents (but living in an apartment which some blocks of flats away from the parents)?

For me, I'm against sharing any of the above with the bride's parents. But don't mind living in the same compound/estate/blocks of flats with my (groom's parents)parents with the plan to BUILD and move into MY OWN apartment as soon as possible. It all depends on understanding and respect of space & boundaries by all parties involved.

Which ever one it is, I doubt if the couples will still have their 100% privacy.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by e316(m): 5:08pm On Aug 27, 2012
acidtalk:

Which ever one it is, I doubt if the couples will still have their 100% privacy.

If sacrificing some amount of the "100% privacy" would enable me to build and move into my personal house in a few months or years, then I don't mind doing just that, but within reasonable limits - with SPACE & BOUNDARY clearly defined and understood by parties involved.
Re: Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? by acidtalk: 7:26am On Aug 28, 2012
e316:

If sacrificing some amount of the "100% privacy" would enable me to build and move into my personal house in a few months or years, then I don't mind doing just that, but within reasonable limits - with SPACE & BOUNDARY clearly defined and understood by parties involved.

Some people could makethose few months or years so miserable, it will feel like an endless century or eve millenniums

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hand Of Hope : A Touching Moment Captured On Lens! / . / What If Marriage Were Temporary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.