Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,908 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

World Bank Extends $200m Infrastructure Loan To Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Extends $200m Infrastructure Loan To Nigeria (4280 Views)

FEC Approves $200m Loan For Lagos / Abacha Loot Is Too Huge For Us To Handle – World Bank / Gej Decieved Nollywood With $200m- Chukwura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Extends $200m Infrastructure Loan To Nigeria by emsquare(m): 6:45pm On Aug 02, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: This First world country will never let us out of financial slavery.

our leaders too don't think.

WTF

Guy! I tire ooo!!! Compounding us with debt.
Re: World Bank Extends $200m Infrastructure Loan To Nigeria by bashr8: 7:32pm On Aug 02, 2012
mkmyers45: Mr there are no infastructural PPP at the moment that are capable of such..but of course the loan won't be returned.
that is a big lie, what do you take this country for
Re: World Bank Extends $200m Infrastructure Loan To Nigeria by mkmyers45(m): 7:38pm On Aug 02, 2012
bashr8: that is a big lie, what do you take this country for
please where are they?
Re: World Bank Extends $200m Infrastructure Loan To Nigeria by occam(m): 7:48pm On Aug 02, 2012
We're still borrowing money when Jonathan will use N1 billion for feeding

air Fresh welll we'll for Naija o
Re: World Bank Extends $200m Infrastructure Loan To Nigeria by dublinkmy6: 7:56pm On Aug 02, 2012
My dear, you can't be serious with your comment and questions...
Did you just say yar'adua and Gej are the culprits? You mean since 1960? I hope i'm are not debating with kids here?
mkmyers45: The Culprits are Yar'adua (PBUH) and Gej..also NOI should know better, she aint a baby..Dude what fiscal debt reduction framework do we have at hand to tackle long-term debts? Are you saying cutting cuts of gorvernnent is not feasible?
Re: World Bank Extends $200m Infrastructure Loan To Nigeria by emmax2alfa: 8:47pm On Aug 02, 2012
We DON'T need dis loan for anything. What have we done with our own billions of naira generated from crude?

Debt would only keep us in perpetual bondage and slavery because " a borrower is a slave to the lender".

Please,we need sound financial management in Goverment.
Re: World Bank Extends $200m Infrastructure Loan To Nigeria by mkmyers45(m): 8:58pm On Aug 02, 2012
dublinkmy6:
My dear, you can't be serious with your comment and questions...
Did you just say yar'adua and Gej are the culprits? You mean since 1960? I hope i'm are not debating with kids here?
Mr Man are you a kid? Our debts were pratically converted to bonds by the paris club? So were did the new debt come from?
Re: World Bank Extends $200m Infrastructure Loan To Nigeria by PhysicsQED(m): 6:23am On Aug 03, 2012
wtf
Re: World Bank Extends $200m Infrastructure Loan To Nigeria by Agiliti(m): 7:44am On Aug 03, 2012
Re: World Bank Extends $200m Infrastructure Loan To Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 4:40pm On Aug 03, 2012
Joey82: Surprisingly, we are collecting these loans under the watch of NOI who struggled so hard to get us out of the other debt regime.
Why lead us down that path again?

Now you understand her mission better
Re: World Bank Extends $200m Infrastructure Loan To Nigeria by blackbeau1(f): 12:45am On Aug 04, 2012
World bank,should pls keep their money.there's no need giving the money to Nigeria,the Gov will misuse it
Re: World Bank Extends $200m Infrastructure Loan To Nigeria by sdymanagers(m): 3:30pm On Aug 04, 2012
Taking a loan, using a loan for the purpose it was meant and repaying the loan as and when due means to a banker something different from what it means to Nigerian politicians. We will hear of probes and counter probes when this huge sum is due for repayment. Anything short of that will not be in their character.
Re: World Bank Extends $200m Infrastructure Loan To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Aug 04, 2012
Skii: These people don't even waste time in their generosity

Is this a reward for the current failure of the under-implementation of the budget?

If you remove the results(partial or full) gained over the years from these worldbank loans, you will see that Nigeria has done near nothing on it's own in the last 12 years when you consider the huge amounts of our own money we have spent. From road projects, to construction of hospitals and schools, restructuring of agriculture, it is amazing how many of these have some worldbank involvement at both State and Federal level.
Re: World Bank Extends $200m Infrastructure Loan To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:15pm On Aug 04, 2012
carover: As usual, the West is providing our leaders with an opportunity for misappropriation of funds. What has past loans achieved? How much of our oil and other revenues have been channeled to infrastructure development? Is there a clear idea of what infrastructure is to be developed?
This are questions we know even a 'community bank' will ask before doling out cash as loan. Why is the World Bank not asking these questions? Are they setting us up to cry 'foul' 3 - 12 months down the road when the inevitable happens?

I weep for motherland!!!

Let's stop blaming the west please. We also take loans from the east a la China. Are you going to blame China too for the misuse of money we have gotten from them so far?

Best is to start dealing with the source of the problem.
Re: World Bank Extends $200m Infrastructure Loan To Nigeria by Pataki: 6:10pm On Aug 04, 2012
And yet our beloved Retardeen is shouting emancipation? cheesy

You just got to love his sheer hypocrisy.
Re: World Bank Extends $200m Infrastructure Loan To Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 8:37am On Aug 06, 2012
i hate it when people raise their hopes on jonathan, what has Jonathan achieved in the past that permutes his being the messiah, reformer, fresh air, change?
Jonathan is simply over rated in my books, Retardeen is an under statement

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Senator Dumps APC / List Of Presidents Who are/Were 70 Years And Above. / Shocking News, House Stool(chair) Used In Lagos Bus As Passenger Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.