Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,794 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Death Penalty For Corrupt Officers-yes Or No - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Death Penalty For Corrupt Officers-yes Or No (3049 Views)

Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials / Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi / Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death Penalty For Corrupt Officers-yes Or No by olivertwist: 1:28pm On Aug 02, 2012
Do you think our corrupt officers/politicians will change if we introduce death penalty law into our constitution concerning corruption?

Secondly,what are the advantages/disadvantages of this law?

Thirdly,how do we as citizens force the lawmakers/executives/judiciary to include this law in our constitution?

Lastly,do we have to set a 'CORRUPTION TARGET' e.g any loot above N2million will attract a death sentence.Below this will attract a jail sentence etc.?

I believe our greatest THREAT to democracy is INDISCIPLINE & CORRUPTION.

Let's come together and say YES to WAR AGAINST INDISCIPLINE & CORRUPTION (WAI-C)

Say 'YES' or 'NO' and give your reasons. Thanks
Re: Death Penalty For Corrupt Officers-yes Or No by olivertwist: 2:01pm On Aug 02, 2012
With the high level of corruption in our country, I fully support death by hanging for any corrupt officer that embezzle public fund i.e money meant for security,power,water,road,health,food,employment,transport,education,defence,sport and so on. Such man or woman deserve no mercy coz by their action,many children will die of hunger,many pregnant women will die with their unborn babies,many patients will die coz of lack of drugs and medical facilities,many businesses will die coz of power malfunctions,many people will die & lost their properties to armed robbers due to lack of security equipments for police, education will become a joke as seen today, high rate of umemployment etc.

Worst of all, coz of corruption,a lot of unemployed youths will be motivated to go into politics not to serve the people but their pockets.

In summary,there's an urgent need to make politics unattractive to opportunists who only go into politics to enrich themselves & their families. What better way to check them than to introduce the DEATH PENALTY LAW FOR CORRUPTION.
Re: Death Penalty For Corrupt Officers-yes Or No by olivertwist: 2:37pm On Aug 02, 2012
With this law in place, I believe many governors will do their jobs and deliver on time. If the governor is not corrupt, there is no way his commissioners will be corrupt.This will also have a positive effect on the permanent secretaries, directors,HODs etc.

Likewise,there is no way the President will be corrupt-free and his ministers will not.If there's a high level of corruption among ministers and nothing happened in terms of punishment,just checkout the president. AN ADAGE SAYS, A FISH START TO ROT FROM THE HEAD.
Re: Death Penalty For Corrupt Officers-yes Or No by ishmael(m): 6:46pm On Aug 02, 2012
When will the corrupt national assembly pass this bill? Would they be able to pass such a bill? That would be disaster for them all.
Re: Death Penalty For Corrupt Officers-yes Or No by olivertwist: 8:41pm On Aug 02, 2012
ishmael: When will the corrupt national assembly pass this bill? Would they be able to pass such a bill? That would be disaster for them all.

The bolded part is the bone of contention my brother. It's like asking a thief to sentence himself... grin grin grin
Re: Death Penalty For Corrupt Officers-yes Or No by ishmael(m): 9:34pm On Aug 02, 2012
olivertwist:

The bolded part is the bone of contention my brother. It's like asking a thief to sentence himself... grin grin grin
That's exactly my point. I don't see that happening soon.
Re: Death Penalty For Corrupt Officers-yes Or No by olivertwist: 10:14pm On Aug 02, 2012
ishmael: That's exactly my point. I don't see that happening soon.

It's not impossible really.We just have to let them know that we send them there to represent us and not themselves and their families

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Adamawa Impeachment: Nyako May Resign / Chidoka becomes Aviation Minister. Oyeyemi is FRSC New Head / Hot pix of Buhari's daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.