Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,169 members, 7,835,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State - Properties (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State (203486 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (55) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:19pm On Oct 07, 2012
trust101:

Thank you very much and i will be waiting for the rest.
The roofing work is still on going but is been rainy in lagos for some days and hopefully they would finish this week.

The rains are everywhere, do you know that we could not stand the pillar in this site due to the heavy rains on Saturday from early morning till around 2pm.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by trust101: 11:49pm On Oct 07, 2012
spyder880:

The rains are everywhere, do you know that we could not stand the pillar in this site due to the heavy rains on Saturday from early morning till around 2pm.
Okay,good to know it stopped.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 6:08am On Oct 08, 2012
@Spyder: will this project still be completed and keys handed over withine the specified time?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 6:12am On Oct 08, 2012
spyder880: To God be all the glory. We have been moving from state to state in our quest to satisfy more clients. This time around we have landed in Ebonyi state, the salt of the nation. We have come to build another house for a new client. This house will be a duplex with the following features;

5 bedrooms all en suit (1 bedroom downstairs and 4 upstairs)
1 kitchen
1 kitchen store
1 library (downstairs)
1 study room (upstairs)
1 ante room
1 sizable main lounge
1 visitors W/c

In the finishing

parapet support for the roof
stone coated step tile sheets
metal doors in the external doors
internal and external tiles
designed window hoods
external toilet works
alluring fitted kitchen

This house will be built with a budget of N12.2m. Target completion date is 120 days. We start counting down from next week, maybe by Tuesday next week when we shall start bringing the boys and materials into site. We just cleared the site.

This is going to be an interesting journey as we move along. Expect many pictures of work progress, styles of doing each of the stages and much more. Thanking you all for making our building experience a memorable one. Thanks. cheesy

I don't see this job completely done in 120 days! That's few days less than two months from now
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 11:34am On Oct 08, 2012
Oga spyder, i dont send the email o, check your inbox for any mail from jites
regards
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 8:59pm On Oct 08, 2012
prince_onx:

I don't see this job completely done in 120 days! That's few days less than two months from now

I still hope to perform some kind of magic, the funds transfer has been experiencing some delays. By now I am supposed to be topping the upper blocks on the lintels upstairs, getting ready for the roofing stage. But I am happy to announce that the decking will commence this week as the check for that stage is clearing in our local banks right now. Funding is key to speed and I hope the next stage is sorted out in time so I dont lose days waiting for funds. Even as we start this decking, I am supposed to be molding blocks for the upper rooms and even buying rods and other important fittings and storing them to mitigate against any price fluctuations that may make a nonesense of this budget. Buying materials when they are still cheap will help us a lot.
But I must commend my client because its not really easy to fund a house this big. I have gone down this way and I know just how tough the road is. Let us still hope to speed up as the funds come in.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:01pm On Oct 08, 2012
jites: Oga spyder, i dont send the email o, check your inbox for any mail from jites
regards

I will do that shortly bros.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:07pm On Oct 08, 2012
Today, we stood the corner pillar on this duplex. This pillar will run from ground to the roofing parapet upstairs

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:08pm On Oct 08, 2012
closer on the pillar, we have cast it with concrete and awaiting for it to dry.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 12:21am On Oct 09, 2012
spyder880: closer on the pillar, we have cast it with concrete and awaiting for it to dry.
Is this pillar casting done twice?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:01am On Oct 09, 2012
prince_onx:
Is this pillar casting done twice?

Yes, because it will be too heavy to carry manually if we cast a long 24ft pillar and try to lift it. We do it in 2 or 3 stages to get to the roof.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2012
spyder880:

Yes, because it will be too heavy to carry manually if we cast a long 24ft pillar and try to lift it. We do it in 2 or 3 stages to get to the roof.
Ok! But are you saying you have to cast the 2 or 3 stages on the ground? I thought after casting the base and errecting the rods you just do the carpentry wood work and start pouring your mixed gravel/sand?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 6:59am On Oct 10, 2012
prince_onx:
Ok! But are you saying you have to cast the 2 or 3 stages on the ground? I thought after casting the base and erecting the rods you just do the carpentry wood work and start pouring your mixed gravel/sand?

Yes, we cast all the pillar casing molds on the ground and then pick them up and hoist it around the already standing rods. It will stand on the base already made the previous day. That ladder standing near the pillar is used to climb up and pour the special concrete mix into the pre cast pillar casings. I will need the carpenters to erect another scaffold around this present pillar before I can commence the next stage which will involve fixing another stage of the casts on the ground atop this pillars and the concrete will be mixed and poured in. It will grow stage by stage.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 7:19am On Oct 10, 2012
We have commenced the procurement of materials even as we await the clearing of our check with the local banks. I have ordered that materials be supplied to the site while I will pay later this week. (We do it all the time in Enugu) but this is Ebonyi and I am gaining the trust of the local suppliers steadily. I am expecting wooden planks, poline, bamboo and all the nails between today and tomorrow. I am also beating the price down for sand and gravel, shopping around, making calls to competing suppliers with the time we have to see where I can shave off some savings.

Also, we have plans to start the construction of a two room work house/car park at the approach of this present duplex. I will start making the blocks (6" hollow) which we will use for the walls. We might start digging the foundation of this one before weekend.

All my desire is to close the gap of these lost days by advance planning, I am even planning for the next stage which is the walling, lintels, pillars, topping of blocks on the upper rooms in preparation for the roofing stage. We have to hasten up if we are to meet our duration target.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 8:24pm On Oct 10, 2012
As we draw the curtains on the second stage, here is a breakdown of materials and labour costs for the entire stage.

S/N MATERIALS QTY. U/PRICE TOTAL

1 Blocks 2060 150.00 309,000.00
2 Cement 87 1,850.00 160,950.00
3 Sand 5 15,000.00 75,000.00
4 Gravel 4 20,000.00 80,000.00
5 1x12x12 planks 55 900.00 49,500.00
6 12mm rods 75 1,800.00 135,000.00
7 16mm rods 10 3,000.00 30,000.00
8 6mm rods 30 600.00 18,000.00
9 Binding wire 1 6,500.00
10 Labour for block setting/ serving 100,000.00
11 Lintel casting 42,000.00
12 Iron works 25,000.00
13 Carpenters (Lintel and arcs) 30,000.00
14 Transport/ loading/ offloading 20,000.00
15 Designed pillar casting works 22,000.00
16 Front sit out works(yet to be done) 55,000.00

ALL TOTALS 1,157,950.00

The budget for this second stage was N1,282,500.00, we used this total amount to acheve the works and the rest of the amount went into site mangement, logistics and supervision. We still have a lot of materials not used in this stage, we have the following on the ground in the site;

1. trip of sharp sand
2. trips of gravel
3. 211 pcs of blocks
4. 4 lenghts of 16mm rods
5. 3 lenghts of 12mm rods
6. 4 lenghts of 6mm rods

We are yet to commence the sit out works which should be part of this stage, but these materials remaining are more than enough to do the sit out as soon as I complete the decking. I have paid some of the workers that will do the sit out with some of the amounts listed above

Work on the decking stage will commence soonest it will be a big decking with canilevers everywhere, more pictures soon.

The money spent so far in this project stands at N 2,795,700.00
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 5:41am On Oct 11, 2012
We are still set to serve you better, we are doing more research and exploring better ways of doing things, this picture is on the left elevation of this house we are building, note how the waste pipes laid in the foundation has been buried inside the blocks. More works will be done about this at the decking stage to connect these plastic pipes to the upper room toilets and bathrooms.

The door you are seeing is the exit door off the kitchen, through the front of the kitchen store/laundry room.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 5:45am On Oct 11, 2012
Spyder880 working in his office.

6 Likes

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 5:53am On Oct 11, 2012
There was a trip of stone supplied to me at N15,000 last month, I did not like the quality as it was sandy. I told my workers last week to use this bad trip of stone and fill the back of the house, providing a solid footing at the back.
I now placed orders and bought some trips from another supplier at N20,000 for the good quality stone that was used in the lintels and pillars.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 1:23pm On Oct 11, 2012
Haha Oga Spyder,
Its good to finally see the face of the greatman who has been making a lot of people's dream come true. I am loyal, continue with the good work and most ESPECIALLY removing the notion that Nigerians can not be trusted. You have proven that not all Nigerian's are 419s we still have quite a lot of honest and hard working Nigerian around. I recently pre ordered a car from Oga FHEMMMY, i have never seen or met the guy but i trust him more than 100% and in the next 6 weeks i would have my car delivered to me in Lagos.
Once again welldone and keep doing Nigeria proud.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2012
jites: Haha Oga Spyder,
Its good to finally see the face of the greatman who has been making a lot of people's dream come true. I am loyal, continue with the good work and most ESPECIALLY removing the notion that Nigerians can not be trusted. You have proven that not all Nigerian's are 419s we still have quite a lot of honest and hard working Nigerian around. I recently pre ordered a car from Oga FHEMMMY, i have never seen or met the guy but i trust him more than 100% and in the next 6 weeks i would have my car delivered to me in Lagos.
Once again welldone and keep doing Nigeria proud.

I am flattered, thank you. We shall continue to earn your trust by being as open and transparent as possible. I was actually motivated by the works of Fhemmy and Inspired in the auto section. Nigeria still have trusted men and women like the suppliers I know and have worked with.

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 12:20am On Oct 13, 2012
I was at this site today, we are making final arrangements, selecting samples of bamboo sticks, visiting locations where gravel and sand will be lifted from to ensure the right quality is supplied, checking the best plans for cement and wood deliveries. I have also been meeting and agreeing prices and conditions with the six sets of workers that will make this deck a resounding success.
I will still be in this site tomorrow to continue all the negotiations and start bringing in the supplies. Full work will commence by first thing Monday morning as all hands are expected to be on deck. Preparation is key to success.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by kcoolk4: 3:35pm On Oct 13, 2012
spyder880: Spyder880 working in his office.
Prof Spyder,
It's good to see your face again online. I think we have a pic of you on your "real cost" thread. Just let us know when you are coming to Lag so that we can roll red carpet for you. You'll go places as long as you continue to do better.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 6:55pm On Oct 13, 2012
kcool_k4:
Prof Spyder,
It's good to see your face again online. I think we have a pic of you on your "real cost" thread. Just let us know when you are coming to Lag so that we can roll red carpet for you. You'll go places as long as you continue to do better.

Thank you my man, you have been scarce like a million dollarscheesy Lagos dey hungry me sha, but the rope wey hold me here in the east strong.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 6:56pm On Oct 13, 2012
I am just coming from this site, we have been buying bamboo and planks and arranging their transportation to site. Pictures later.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:06pm On Oct 13, 2012
The bamboo that were offloaded today.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
We are now financially ready to start this decking, and as such we moved into the market in readiness to move all these materials into site, we shall be lifting our rods from here

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:31pm On Oct 15, 2012
or here,

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:33pm On Oct 15, 2012
And if I can just commandeer this truck to the site cheesy wink
But we shall just buy off some of his load.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:35pm On Oct 15, 2012
More pictures of more materials arriving tomorrow, the carpenters will commence work as early as possible tomorrow.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 8:26am On Oct 17, 2012
Materials still landing from various sources to this site. We delivered all the rods yesterday and the target is for all the wood to land today. The workers are ready and on site. More pictures later.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 1:04am On Oct 18, 2012
^^^
Hope your rods are safe at your site! They stole some of mine during my decking stage but that was because my fense was only about 4-5 blocks high.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 3:35am On Oct 18, 2012
prince_onx: ^^^
Hope your rods are safe at your site! They stole some of mine during my decking stage but that was because my fense was only about 4-5 blocks high.

That is my major concern now. I am already thinking of more measures to ensure they are safe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (55) (Reply)

Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence / Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. / Archetect/builder Modern House Designs With Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.