Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,398 members, 7,861,116 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:00 AM

Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State - Properties (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State (204032 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (55) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 4:50am On Oct 24, 2012
@jites: 6 coaches for a Bungalow sounds too much not to talk of a simple 1 or 2 bedrooms BQ. Where is your land located? You emphasize so much on BQ, do you have plan to build something bigger, the main house later? Or just a BQ away from home? The reason am asking is that you don't want to build where structure as simple as BQ will run you into millions. Just do you homework very well, add and subtract before taking any step. If a BQ on this land require 6 coaches, how many will the main house need? If you don't plan building something big or have a tight budget, you may want to forget the BQ and go for a nice bungalow Instead. Anyway, lets hear from you first!
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 4:58am On Oct 24, 2012
we have over 1000 pcs of 6" hollow blocks to be used on this BQ, neat products.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 5:00am On Oct 24, 2012
still on the BQ foundation

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 5:01am On Oct 24, 2012
the iron workers on the deck are starting to tie the mat

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 5:39am On Oct 24, 2012
The only problem I have right now about the BQ is that it comes too close to the front of the main building, the effect of this is that some parts of the sit out in the main building will be obscured by the BQ/car shed. I will see what we can do about this.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 9:16am On Oct 24, 2012
prince_onx: @jites: 6 coaches for a Bungalow sounds too much not to talk of a simple 1 or 2 bedrooms BQ. Where is your land located? You emphasize so much on BQ, do you have plan to build something bigger, the main house later? Or just a BQ away from home? The reason am asking is that you don't want to build where structure as simple as BQ will run you into millions. Just do you homework very well, add and subtract before taking any step. If a BQ on this land require 6 coaches, how many will the main house need? If you don't plan building something big or have a tight budget, you may want to forget the BQ and go for a nice bungalow I stead. Anyway, lets hear from you first!

@Prince, Thanks a lot for your input thats why i love NL getting loads of help. Well the land is in Sapele in Delta state, the land is a bit swampy and the architect said to be on a safe side we need to raise the foundation. its a 2 plot land and it was acquired specifically for me to build a poultry farm, the site will contain THE POULTRY FARM, A 2 BEDROOM BUNGALOW AND A BQ, Presently i dont have the fund to complete everything and i am currently paying an enormous rent where i presently live. So my plan is to complete the BQ first move into the BQ, build the poultry as i need to be close to the farm to monitor it, and eventually build the 2 bedroom bungalow, When the bungalow is complete i would move into it with my family, the BQ will be used for my workers on the farm as an added incentive for them to live rent free, about 2 workers. When the farm is operational the proceed will help in funding the construction of the 2 bedroom Bungalow. But i am not currently at home, i live in the UK but my inlaw will be running things on my behalf- i know a lot of people will raise eyebrow when i say i am not at home and someone else will be running things, the truth is my major problem is even my inlaw dont have a clue how much the BQ will cost he gives me figure and i compare on NL and decide if he goes ahead or not. The block moulder he saw is charging 25 naira per bag, is this reasonable, i have been following spyder,brabus,amlone, and some vito guy something that build a 5bedroom bungalow in benin city for a while and as at last year they paid their moulder approximately 18-20 per bag so relatively i thought it wasnt too bad- your thoughts please.
To avoid any confusion, when I use I in my statement i am actually refering to my inlaw.
A little bit about my inlaw. He graduated the same time as my immediate younger sister from UNN about 5 years ago, they got married and both of them have been looking for jobs to no avail only getting jobs of 20k a month, so i called him and said why work for 20k or when we can both run some business together, he is very hardworking, i open a little poultry of 250 birds as a trial and so far he has managed it very well losing only 5 birds, we are currently selling eggs now to customers and they are even paying in advance, i bought 5 okada for him to manage on hire purchase and he ran it fanstastically well giving account for every penny even when he buys coke to drink due to being in the sun too long, all the bike have all balance and currently my inlaw has now bought 2 taxis supported by me as well, both drivers balancing 2k per day 10k per week. So in terms of the business being in good hand i have no doubt but the help we need now is for the building as we are both novice and dont want to be riped off. So please my good people of NL any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 9:51am On Oct 24, 2012
@ SPYDER, PRINCE,ETC I asked the architect for a BOQ on the BQ and i just got a quote of 1.6 million. Spyder, prince and all property followers and enthusiast. is this a reasonable quote?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 1:49pm On Oct 24, 2012
jites: @ SPYDER, PRINCE,ETC I asked the architect for a BOQ on the BQ and i just got a quote of 1.6 million. Spyder, prince and all property followers and enthusiast. is this a reasonable quote?

N1.6m sounds high for a BQ, except there are other conditions we don't know about.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 1:53pm On Oct 24, 2012
Block setting ongoing on the BQ, all decking workers present and performing. Its a full house here. More pictures later in the evening.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 2:29pm On Oct 24, 2012
spyder880:

N1.6m sounds high for a BQ, except there are other conditions we don't know about.

@spyder, i dont know of any other conditions, anyway he is not the one who will build it so that is just his estimate perhaps when i actually start i may not spend that much, thats why i intend to follow your every move and cost on this BQ, i know that material cost may also be different depending on where you are at. So Spyder, if you dont mind i will be hoping you would be posting the breakdown cost for the BQ.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 7:43pm On Oct 24, 2012
jites:

@spyder, i dont know of any other conditions, anyway he is not the one who will build it so that is just his estimate perhaps when i actually start i may not spend that much, thats why i intend to follow your every move and cost on this BQ, i know that material cost may also be different depending on where you are at. So Spyder, if you dont mind i will be hoping you would be posting the breakdown cost for the BQ.
With 6" block at N120 (N240,000 for 2000) and cements estimated at N2000 (N150,000 for 75 bags), sand and gravel N300,000 plus labour @ N200,000, N1.6m or a little more should be able to roof a 4 bedrooms bungalow before plumbing and electoral not to talk of BQ. Am not a contractor and with all due respect to Spyder and co! And ofcox I know there are other here and there expenses which was why I said "with a little more above the N1.6m).
First of all @jites: if you land is a swamp in an area suitable for farming or poultry it will cost you way more than those of us building on a flat and dry land. Your BQ for example require 6 coaches while my story building of 4 flats was 4 and 5 in some area. Sapele is not that expensive in terms of buying land so you might want to consider looking for a different plot and just use the present one for your farming. 2. If you are on a tight budget which most of us are then I will advise you to start the building of the main house. Why will you want to build or own two houses that won't/can't contain people? One TWO bedrooms MAIN house and one "ONE bedroom BQ even though you have a family. My cousin is building something similar to what you have on mind but his is a 4 bedrooms total and 2 living rooms. On one side he has 3 bedrooms, living room, toilet/bathroom, and kitchen then across the hall is a one bedroom safe contain but they're all under one roof. He plan to use the 3bdrm side with his family then rent the safe contain at least to have a neighbor in the compound. You can even start the main house (not 2 rooms abeg lol) then finish the two rooms you need for now then the rest later. You need to plan for friends and inlaws in case they visit.
Finally, if I don't know something I seek the knowledge or ideas of those that know not those that don't know like me. Obviously both you and you brother Inlaw knows nothing about building or are both building for the first time why not look for someone that know. Bear in mind that whatever you do somebody must chop your money one way or the other! Can't beat that! So, let you bro-Inlaw handle the finance part as in give them money when needed or buy/pay for material and labour while you find someone that know about building to supervise the project. You should be able to find someone that will charge you cheap or not more than N50k. Am sure folks like Spyder will chip in more ideas! Good luck!
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:52pm On Oct 24, 2012
^^^^

I couldn't have said it better, you will make a very good contractor with you in depth knowledge of the building process cheesy
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 9:53pm On Oct 24, 2012
_onx]
With 6" block at N120 (N240,000 for 2000) and cements estimated at N2000 (N150,000 for 75 bags), sand and gravel N300,000 plus labour @ N200,000, N1.6m or a little more should be able to roof a 4 bedrooms bungalow before plumbing and electoral not to talk of BQ. Am not a contractor and with all due respect to Spyder and co! And ofcox I know there are other here and there expenses which was why I said "with a little more above the N1.6m).
First of all @jites: if you land is a swamp in an area suitable for farming or poultry it will cost you way more than those of us building on a flat and dry land. Your BQ for example require 6 coaches while my story building of 4 flats was 4 and 5 in some area. Sapele is not that expensive in terms of buying land so you might want to consider looking for a different plot and just use the present one for your farming. 2. If you are on a tight budget which most of us are then I will advise you to start the building of the main house. Why will you want to build or own two houses that won't/can't contain people? One TWO bedrooms MAIN house and one "ONE bedroom BQ even though you have a family. My cousin is building something similar to what you have on mind but his is a 4 bedrooms total and 2 living rooms. On one side he has 3 bedrooms, living room, toilet/bathroom, and kitchen then across the hall is a one bedroom safe contain but they're all under one roof. He plan to use the 3bdrm side with his family then rent the safe contain at least to have a neighbor in the compound. You can even start the main house (not 2 rooms abeg lol) then finish the two rooms you need for now then the rest later. You need to plan for friends and inlaws in case they visit.
Finally, if I don't know something I seek the knowledge or ideas of those that know not those that don't know like me. Obviously both you and you brother Inlaw knows nothing about building or are both building for the first time why not look for someone that know. Bear in mind that whatever you do somebody must chop your money one way or the other! Can't beat that! So, let you bro-Inlaw handle the finance part as in give them money when needed or buy/pay for material and labour while you find someone that know about building to supervise the project. You should be able to find someone that will charge you cheap or not more than N50k. Am sure folks like Spyder will chip in more ideas! Good luck![/quote]

@Prince onx, thanks a lot for taking your time to give me this advice, i am grateful. I will definately go back to the drawing board and make a few changes, i will now definately increase the 2 bedroom bungalow to 3 bedroom, i doubt if an additional bedroom will make much difference in terms of cost. In terms of someone supervising the project the architect who drew the plan said he would also monitor it from time to time but mind you he is the one who did a BOQ for 1.6million naira too. I think what i will do like you suggest my inlaw will be responsible for the finance. In terms of getting another land, uhmm for now i dont think i can afford it, i actually bought this present one for 1.2 million naira and guess what i bought it from my uncle at a cheaper rate, well supposedly and in sapele you have to be careful when buying land because a lot of people sell land that don't belong to them. This land however, was bought by the government from the community and government allocated the plots to various individuals of which my uncle benefited 2 plots from. Sapele is not really my home and i am not looking to build a house for myself in sapele to live one day, i have a land in my home town for that purpose, the land in sapele was bought mainly for business purpose ie the poultry but just to accommodate my inlaw and my sister who will also be running the farm i decided to build a little house on the farm for them to live. But on the whole thanks a lot Prince and God bless you for the advice you have given me.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 9:55pm On Oct 24, 2012
@Prince onx, thanks a lot for taking your time to give me this advice, i am grateful. I will definately go back to the drawing board and make a few changes, i will now definately increase the 2 bedroom bungalow to 3 bedroom, i doubt if an additional bedroom will make much difference in terms of cost. In terms of someone supervising the project the architect who drew the plan said he would also monitor it from time to time but mind you he is the one who did a BOQ for 1.6million naira too. I think what i will do like you suggest my inlaw will be responsible for the finance. In terms of getting another land, uhmm for now i dont think i can afford it, i actually bought this present one for 1.2 million naira and guess what i bought it from my uncle at a cheaper rate, well supposedly and in sapele you have to be careful when buying land because a lot of people sell land that don't belong to them. This land however, was bought by the government from the community and government allocated the plots to various individuals of which my uncle benefited 2 plots from. Sapele is not really my home and i am not looking to build a house for myself in sapele to live one day, i have a land in my home town for that purpose, the land in sapele was bought mainly for business purpose ie the poultry but just to accommodate my inlaw and my sister who will also be running the farm i decided to build a little house on the farm for them to live. But on the whole thanks a lot Prince and God bless you for the advice you have given me.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 10:44pm On Oct 24, 2012
spyder880: ^^^^

I couldn't have said it better, you will make a very good contractor with you in depth knowledge of the building process cheesy
You couldn't say it better because I said it exactly how YOU taught me lol! I've been following and reading your thread/post and lesson for over 2yrs now if am right. I don't even read any other book including my bible as much as I read your post! So, all thanks to you Spyder!
@jites: haven't even read your post/reply but glad I could be of a little help. Cheers!
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:52pm On Oct 24, 2012
and then we bought some trips of size 4 and size 3 top quality gravel

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:53pm On Oct 24, 2012
we took delivery of our second batch of decking cement.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:54pm On Oct 24, 2012
prince_onx:
You couldn't say it better because I said it exactly how YOU taught me lol! I've been following and reading your thread/post and lesson for over 2yrs now if am right. I don't even read any other book including my bible as much as I read your post! So, all thanks to you Spyder!
@jites: haven't even read your post/reply but glad I could be of a little help. Cheers!

You are a very big encouragement for me and I thank you greatly brother.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:57pm On Oct 24, 2012
we are working on the staircase of this house.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:00pm On Oct 24, 2012
while we are still working on top of the deck.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:02pm On Oct 24, 2012
changing to this.......

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:04pm On Oct 24, 2012
iron works on the cantilever

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:06pm On Oct 24, 2012
more iron works.

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:09pm On Oct 24, 2012
everybody was busy working

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:11pm On Oct 24, 2012
mass attack!

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:12pm On Oct 24, 2012
team work builds quality

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:15pm On Oct 24, 2012
even the guys on the BQ were busy

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:18pm On Oct 24, 2012
we must deliver this house as soon as practicable if transfer of funds don't delay us again

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by chuk007(m): 9:52am On Oct 25, 2012
Spyder, How Much does these gravel cost per trip?
spyder880: and then we bought some trips of size 4 and size 3 top quality gravel
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 12:46pm On Oct 25, 2012
spyder880: even the guys on the BQ were busy
@Spyder, good morning, just looking at the initial stage of the BQ foundation, those 4 segment, are they the 2 rooms, bathroom and toilet? and in terms of the costing of the BQ, i take it you would be sharing resources with the main house also, as in say if you bring in a tipper of sand for example, you are likely to use it for both the house and the BQ. Cos i was just thinking if that is the case then it might be a bit tricky trying to estimate the cost of the BQ.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 2:25pm On Oct 25, 2012
chuk007: Spyder, How Much does these gravel cost per trip?

Size 3 = N20,000 per trip
Size 4 = N19,000 per trip
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 2:29pm On Oct 25, 2012
jites:
@Spyder, good morning, just looking at the initial stage of the BQ foundation, those 4 segment, are they the 2 rooms, bathroom and toilet? and in terms of the costing of the BQ, i take it you would be sharing resources with the main house also, as in say if you bring in a tipper of sand for example, you are likely to use it for both the house and the BQ. Cos i was just thinking if that is the case then it might be a bit tricky trying to estimate the cost of the BQ.

We are going to divide the 3rd room to form the toilet/bath. Although the two projects are sharing most of their materials and labour, I will try and pick out the costs for the BQ differently.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (55) (Reply)

Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence / Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. / Archetect/builder Modern House Designs With Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.