Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses (2435 Views)

Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 30, 2013
@Omolola1, Your stepping into their place of worship is a step in the right direction, I am not their apologist, their teachings and methodolgy in step with ancient first century christains.
You have them as neighbours, co-workers, business partners, their members range from the jobless to scientists, big businessmen and women, nothing is done in secret in their simple place of worship, no distinction or class.
Their website is ranked as one of the highest visited
Goto https://jw.org

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by Solozzo(m): 4:27am On May 31, 2013
The Jehovah’s Witness’ had a leader that was also considered “a Christ.” That leader being Charles Tazze Russell who founded the sect in 1870. When he was dissatisfied with Christianity as it was, he organized his first bible study class. Six years later, in 1876, he elected himself “pastor.” In 1879 he sold his interest in a clothing firm and began printing “The Watchtower” semi-monthly. By 1884, his “Zion’s Watchtower and Bible Society,” was incorporated in Pennsylvania and in 1908, he moved his headquarters from Pittsburgh, PA to Brooklyn, NY. Russell claimed to be the seventh angel mentioned in the book or Revelation. He said that the other six were men. He predicted the end of the world several times! 1874, 1876, 1914, 1916, and 1918, each time stating that word came to him from the creator whom he called Jehovah.

In addition :

He divorced his wife because of disputes over her request for more editorial powers in his watchtower. And books
- Russell claimed pyramid of Giza in Egypt was built and designed by Jews to keep secret p prophesies
- he also claimed as far back as 1890s that Jews good and bad relationship status with God is cyclical, that God is now in good favour with the jews,and they return to Jerusalem to claim land of Palestine and encouraging they practice Judaism
-claimed that second coming of Christ occurred in 1874.
- predicted climate change as evidence of time of the end
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by opia12345: 12:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
how far have you gone in your discussion with the witnesses ?? have you observe intently the way they do things, the importance attached to matt 28:19,20
give me a feedback
Omolola1:
Right now am confused!

I attended their congregation twice, and they preach a totally different doctrine but makes sense.

They believe there is no hell, that Jehovah is a loving God who would never torment his children, but punish them 4 their sins, which is death! The wages of sin is death as the bible say.
In one of their meetings, the preacher used Lazarus as an example, when Jesus brought him back to life, he never gave any description about heaven or hell! (this makes sense)
they seem to av tangible points which leaves me confused!

I attend redeem. Personally, i believe in personal relatnshp with God, reading the bible and understanding it, loving one's neigbour and obeyng God's commandment ar the keys to eternal life.

Really want to know your thoughts on this.

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by truthislight: 11:43am On Jan 10, 2016
Ubenedictus:
hey dear friend easy! I believe d bible is d word of God but donot believe that it necessaryly contain everything Jesus said. Jesus peached he didnt write, the apostles preached and wrote, i read their writtens as a unique transmission of d word of God and i also read from the early xtian to whom d faith was handed to thru word of mouth, i also consider it a transmission of d faith. I dont believe d believe is d sole authority, i believe that the word of God is d supreme authority and that word is transmitted thru scriptures and tradition. So my dear friend i study d bible i digest it, i pray with it, i mediate on it and i totally accept it, it is not the only way that God transmitted his word and even d bible bear witness to dis truth, the is why d bible tells xtians to 'hold fast to tradition', do u obey d bible in dis topic? Do u hold fast to tradition? Or do u throw it away and insult it and insult those who hold it? God is my witness that with my whole being i try to follow his word and answer his call everyday despite d fast that im misunderstood.
Peace dear friend.

I almost always find it funny when I hear some people talk about Tradition, one wonders, what exactly is the tradition or what qualifies to be that that the Bible is talking about?

Who transmitted this tradition?

Is it not curious that after Yahweh has ensured that only Jesus apostles 'ALL JEWS' wrote the teaching in the NT he will letter allow all and sundry to be the ones who will pass to us what you call tradition? traditions that Contradict the written word of God at every turn! Very funny!

How then can one drew the line between what is genuine tradition and what is not like is of the written word?

I know that only Jews where used to write the OT and only Jews were used to write the NT, because "Salvation originated with the Jews" as Jesus said. No room for confusion. So, the Oral tradition should come from who? None Jews? I don't think so, and apostle Paul did not say we should take example from all sorts of people.

Well, my life/hope of eternal life is of serious concern to me and certainly very precious to me that am not going to Gamble with it.

If Yahweh ensured to use just the Apostles in penning his written word, why shouldn't the same Apostles be the ones to give to us the genuine tradition that will lead to life eternal?.

Apostle Paul certainly gave a directive on this:

Philippians 4:9:

9 The things that you learned as well as accepted and heard and saw in connection with me, practice these, and the God of peace will be with you.

Yes, I agree with the above ^, Apostle Paul was an apostle and one of whom Yahweh gave the privilege to write the teaching of the NT scriptures, hence, he and other apostles are trust worthy source for trust worthy oral tradition.

Why should this oral tradition be from gentiles Greek men and philosophers? Gentiles are not qualified to give us oral tradition, learning from Yahweh's example on who he made use of to give us the written scriptures. Yahweh use only Jews through out.

That you and your lots accept all whatsoever that comes your way as tradition to follow does not mean I should do the same. my life is worth the carefulness.

Peace.
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:49pm On Mar 12, 2022
Omolola1:
Right now am confused!

I attended their congregation twice, and they preach a totally different doctrine but makes sense.

They believe there is no hell, that Jehovah is a loving God who would never torment his children, but punish them 4 their sins, which is death! The wages of sin is death as the bible say.
In one of their meetings, the preacher used Lazarus as an example, when Jesus brought him back to life, he never gave any description about heaven or hell! (this makes sense)
they seem to av tangible points which leaves me confused!

I attend redeem. Personally, i believe in personal relatnshp with God, reading the bible and understanding it, loving one's neigbour and obeyng God's commandment ar the keys to eternal life.

Really want to know your thoughts on this.

So how are you doing now? smiley
Re: Your Thoughts On Jehovah Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:56pm On Mar 12, 2022
Pygru:

Ijawkid, answer this question na

The true God demands exclusive devotion and that's why Jesus himself could say:

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. John 20:17 Holy Bible

Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ’I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’" John 20:17

So Jesus has a God whom he worships! smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Is Sonoflucifer? / Gay Churches / Pray For Alfaseltzer.( The Satanist)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.