Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,622 members, 7,820,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies (8563 Views)

Nairaland Business Scam: The Ultimate Guide To Avoid Falling Victim / Who's The Smartest Guy In Nairaland Business Section? / How Rich Are All The People Using This Nairaland Business Forum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by Businesstools(m): 5:41pm On Aug 22, 2012
mrkels: a soldier from my alma mata. Hmmmm. I greet you. Greatest uniben alumni!!! Great!
My brother,I greet you too.
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by Businesstools(m): 6:06pm On Aug 22, 2012
Brand_new: what kind oc clarification do you need in `SEND ME A REQUEST MAIL`? I thought you were learn€d enough to know my Facebook wall is meant to díßçüsß my b£og pöstß.
"SEND ME A REQUEST MAIL" How does that translate to requesting for my email address?And learned man,what happened to the comments if you did not delete them?
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by kunletoks(m): 8:42pm On Aug 22, 2012
Pls forgive and forget.
Settle d dispute and continue with this thread...
Thanks alot.
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by Businesstools(m): 10:53pm On Aug 22, 2012
kunletoks: Pls forgive and forget.
Settle d dispute and continue with this thread...
Thanks alot.
Thanks for your concern.
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by Businesstools(m): 6:24am On Aug 23, 2012
Listen to your employees.Nobody knows their jobs better than your staff.They see all the problems and issues on a daily basis.Chances are,they also know the best ways to solve them too.Ask your staff what the biggest issues are and get their ideas on how to solve them.Not only will you make your employees happy by seeking their opinions,you will also get some brilliant cost-saving ideas too.
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by Businesstools(m): 6:18am On Aug 24, 2012
We are through with the customer service strategies.That is not to say that the list is exaustive.If you have any ideas that will be beneficial to readers,your contributions are welcome.
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by Lindsee(f): 9:24am On Aug 24, 2012
Thanks for the very useful tips..am into a household chemical company where we manufacture liquid washes, handwashes,etc which is totally rebranded in comparison to what we see in the industry today.We would require a business plan..or do you have templates? Or an email..I can get across to you with?
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by Businesstools(m): 10:09am On Aug 24, 2012
Lindsee: Thanks for the very useful tips..am into a household chemical company where we manufacture liquid washes, handwashes,etc which is totally rebranded in comparison to what we see in the industry today.We would require a business plan..or do you have templates? Or an email..I can get across to you with?
We can help you develop a detailed business plan at an affordable price.Call or send a text message to 07030949450.Do have a wonderful day.
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by Businesstools(m): 5:28pm On Aug 24, 2012
In the next 40 days,starting from tomorrow,we'll be providing you with very powerful marketing strategies that you cannot find anywhere else.These strategies are all you need to get the word about your business and products to the people who need your products.We encourage you to visit this thread everyday and also encourage your friends who are not yet nairalanders to do same.Since a lot of entrepreneurs cannot afford to pay a marketing consultant,this might be the only opportunity to get expert marketing advice at no cost.Cheers
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by Danso(m): 11:46pm On Aug 24, 2012
Wow...! What a great post. May God bless you and continue to increase you in wisdom.
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by Businesstools(m): 6:55am On Aug 25, 2012
Decentralize Your Internet Presence: In the 90s, your “Website” and your “internet presence” were basically synonymous. Today, they’re not. If you’re on a tight budget like most entrepreneurs are, consider paying less attention to your website and focusing more on the rest of the web online. Customers today are all about relationship marketing because they want to do business with people they know and trust and the best way to create that relationship is to go to the places they are and those places are Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Nairaland and other online social forum. Establish your business presence on these sites.
Question: Besides your main site, how else can you establish a cost-effective internet presence?
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by Businesstools(m): 3:43pm On Aug 25, 2012
Danso: Wow...! What a great post. May God bless you and continue to increase you in wisdom.
Amen
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by Businesstools(m): 3:43pm On Aug 25, 2012
Danso: Wow...! What a great post. May God bless you and continue to increase you in wisdom.
Amen and thanks.
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by Holyrule(m): 11:45pm On Aug 25, 2012
Ok
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by Businesstools(m): 4:08pm On Aug 26, 2012
List everything your competitors have in common...then do the opposite.Too often,businesses get wrapped up in only competing on the same items as their competitors.They want a website that is similar but better,products with the same features done better,etc.In order to distinguish yourself and standout among your competitors,try your hand at writing out everything that they actually do,then spend a little more time thinking of the exact opposite of them.Do they use a lot of black in their imaging?Use white in yours!Not only will you get noticed for being you,but you'll appear in front of a whole new set of eyes.People easily get tired of similarities.
Question: What are some things that your competitors do that you can do differently?

2 Likes

Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by codernoni: 5:32pm On Aug 26, 2012
stolen stone: beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! Strolling into the thread, taking d front seat, grabbing my bucket of pop corn and totally subscribing! Mods front page pleeeaaaaase!
Ur supposed to grab a pen not popcorn
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by Businesstools(m): 5:33pm On Aug 27, 2012
Get Emotional.As much as we'd like to think that our decisions are rational and logical,they're also driven by fears,aspirations,gut instincts,a desire for affiliation,and a medley of other emotional promptings.Skip the rational arguments,and appeal to those hard-to-reach emotions instead.It will give you a stronger personal connection,and set you apart from your competitors.Question: What are your customers' emotional needs?What can you do to satisfy them?
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by Businesstools(m): 8:30pm On Aug 28, 2012
If you have friends or relatives who manage their own businesses,you'll be doing them a lot of favour by sharing some of these tips with them.We'll continue tomorrow with our marketing ideas.Do have a wonderful night.
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by spendogram: 12:52pm On Aug 29, 2012
Nice thread.
SpendoGram is a good simple financial tool for small businesses.
SpendoGram is used for Budgeting, Tracking and Monitoring your Expenses, Incomes, Assets, Debts, Profits and Net worth on the go.
Visit www.SpendoGram.com and try it for FREE.

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by pattybf(f): 12:57pm On Aug 29, 2012
hello sir, i have been following your thread and i must commend you for such a noble gesture! it is very educative and i give a thump up, u rock!

however, i have a request as this thread is coming very handy to me right now but i have difficulty narrowing it to suit my kind of business.actually, its a business i'm about starting.

its a fry centre business, where akara, yam, plantain, potato,etc are fried and sold.
i came up with this biz after having tried so many things that didn't work and having being almost idle for so long, a friend offered a shop to me, since in your write up location is very important, this biz is the only thing i think i can do within the area.

now, i need your help concerning marketing and strategy as regard this kind of business line,the usual thing is to fry and sell at the spot,can i take a step further in this? i know its a common business but i want to stand out.

what can i do to achieve this and possibly make a name doing this business.

pls narrow your response to this biz cos i don't know how i can devise and add marketing to this business.

thanks!
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by Businesstools(m): 2:54pm On Aug 29, 2012
pattybf: hello sir, i have been following your thread and i must commend you for such a noble gesture! it is very educative and i give a thump up, u rock!

however, i have a request as this thread is coming very handy to me right now but i have difficulty narrowing it to suit my kind of business.actually, its a business i'm about starting.

its a fry centre business, where akara, yam, plantain, potato,etc are fried and sold.
i came up with this biz after having tried so many things that didn't work and having being almost idle for so long, a friend offered a shop to me, since in your write up location is very important, this biz is the only thing i think i can do within the area.

now, i need your help concerning marketing and strategy as regard this kind of business line,the usual thing is to fry and sell at the spot,can i take a step further in this? i know its a common business but i want to stand out.

what can i do to achieve this and possibly make a name doing this business.

pls narrow your response to this biz cos i don't know how i can devise and add marketing to this business.

thanks!
When I said location, I wasn’t referring to a shop or office. I was only trying to emphasize that you should site your business in a place that will make you visible to your target market. A location with high traffic is preferable.

To distinguish yourself among your competitors, the first thing I’ll need you to do is to work on the outlook of your shop. Paint your shop using attractive colors. Also enhance the visibility of your business by placing an outdoor signage. It is an effective marketing tool in the sense that it attracts the attention of potential customers. Get a graphic designer to design an attractive and stylish signage for your business. The signage should contain a light source (bulb or fluorescent lamp) to make it visible at night. Also consider placing a small sign at the street entrance.

Choose a business name that is attractive and related to your business.

Keep the interiors of your shop as neat, comfortable and attractive as possible. If you have got adequate capital, tile the floor and place a TV with DSTV connection and use sliding doors. Price your products accordingly, otherwise, you won’t be making any profit. Do you know why meat pies at Mr. Biggs and Tantalizers is more expensive than of a wooden shop? They charge customers for the sliding doors, tiles, Musicals, Power supply, A/c etc.

Print some fliers and distribute to your target. Make sure you include pictures of your products in the graphics in order to facilitate salivation.

Do not package your fried akara, yam, plantain, potatoes etc with newspapers or magazines. Use disposable plates and get your business name, logo or picture of your products, and address printed on white nylon bags for packaging of products for your customers.

Run sales promo on a regular basis. Distribute sales promotion materials like name-stamped calendars, pens and pencils, notebooks, jotters, T-shirts, ball caps to your customers. People like these items and will be happy to use them with your company’s name prominently displayed, thereby helping you to promote your business.

Lastly, your products should be the best in terms of quality, taste and so on. Do not also forget to offer great customer service. SUCCESS.
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by Businesstools(m): 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2012
Get in early. A potential customer shopping around may visit about ten other websites (or stores or offices...) before making a decision. As typical of every businessman/woman, you would put on a good show and hope they eventually come back to buy, but there are often ways you can connect with customers, even before they make a choice, so you can build a relationship and follow-up when your competitors can’t. Example is a free download of vital information upon entering their email address-you give them something to remember you by, but retain their contact information for follow up. Question: What real value can you give your potential customers in exchange for their contact information?
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by Businesstools(m): 6:29am On Aug 31, 2012
Say something nobody else will.Every industry has norms about the content in sales materials,and it's often the case that businesses imitate one another instead of thinking about what customers really want to know.Question: What information would your customers love to have that most of your competitors don't talk about openly?
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by Businesstools(m): 11:43am On Sep 01, 2012
Aim for a different target market than your competitors.There are always other tribes of individuals who are just dying to hear about your product or service.They may be a bit smaller than your main market,but you should start thinking of the possibilities of targeting a smaller niche.The niche is out there.All that is required of you is to discover creative ways of reaching them. Question: What are some different markets that you can target that your competitors don't already reach?
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by empron(m): 7:03am On Sep 02, 2012
I love your thread cos i have been following since you started.I am into photography biz and i operate from my house.i am planing to get a shop to be used@Studio.i have some skills in web design too.pls what are your advice
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by Businesstools(m): 8:43pm On Sep 02, 2012
empron: I love your thread cos i have been following since you started.I am into photography biz and i operate from my house.i am planing to get a shop to be used@Studio.i have some skills in web design too.pls what are your advice
I’ll suggest you focus on photography and video coverage. You can carve a niche in wedding coverage with single ladies as your target, since they are the decision makers in issues relating to choice of wedding planner, video coverage, photography etc. You should be aware that in this line of business, most people don’t decide to patronize you because you have the biggest billboard or lots of adverts. They do so because someone they know, like, trust or respect recommends you or because they have seen your work and they like it. Make yourself recommendable by offering an impeccable service. To get clients for your services, implement some or all of these tips. They have worked for others and will surely work for you:

• Take pictures of events or projects you covered and create a portfolio.

• Make a list of your past clients and “best friends”-everyone you know that might require your service.

• Call most of them-but personally VISIT your best contacts face-to-face and let them know you are seeking new clients for your business, be prepared to show them how you work, show them testimonials from happy customers and ask them to go through your portfolio. Make sure you can demonstrate what you’ve done for clients. This is very important for people who know you personally but not professionally.

• Ask them if they will be willing to either:
1. Introduce you to someone they know who is/may/might be getting married in the near future, and/or
2. Refer you to anyone who might be getting married.
3. Send each person they identified a personal note of introduction by SMS.
4. Follow up by phone to introduce yourself.
5. Send each person who referred you or introduced you a nice note of appreciation.

• Give business cards to every single lady in all wedding events you organize. If you have delivered an awesome service, they’ll surely hire you when the wedding bell rings.

• Set up a team to visit selected institutions of higher learning, Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education and give business cards to final year female students. You can get them easily at the Final Year Lecture Theatre or at the venue of the final exams, where they can be easily identified by their colorful T-Shirts.

• Contact local churches in your area and see if you can buy an AD space in their bulletin. They usually reach a large audience for a small price.

• Print complementary/business cards, with your business name, description, contact information and also include a call to action, to prevent your card from being forgotten or thrown in the thrash. When creating business cards, its purpose should not only be to get your name and business name known in the market. Remember that your business card is one of the most vital marketing tools you can use to promote your business. It should effectively motivate your prospects to take action. Keep in mind that this could be your first and last chance to get your target customers to look at your card so you need to make it good by making a strong call to action which they cannot refuse. You can consider inviting your prospects to visit your website to get a free sample. You can also ask them to present your card to get a discount, a special introductory price or a free gift. Whatever it is you offer, you need to make sure you give your prospects a reason to visit your website or patronize you. The idea here is to persuade your potential customers to take some kind of action. You can consider putting the call to action in front of your business card and be incorporated in your overall design. You can also present it at the back for your prospects to have a reason to turn your card over. Aside from the call to action, there are other things you should include at the back. For instance, you should list some of the products you offer and give a discount to first time customers. Remember to make the overall design of your card attractive and professional to look at. Keep in mind that your card represents you and your business, so look at it as a marketing opportunity to communicate essential information about your business to your customers. Feel free to give cards to prospective customers and also drop some at places likely to be visited by targets.

• Print three thousand (3,000) copies of fliers with colorful graphics, relating to your business. In creating them,
1. Use a big, bold attention getting headline.
2. Discuss the benefits of your products or services not features.
3. Provide multiple ways for your prospects to reach you; phone, email, business address and website.
4. Give them a reason to contact you by providing incentives: offer something for free, a gift, a discount, a chance to win something, or anything else that can motivate them to take action now rather than later. The offer should be given with a time limitation or closing date. Example, Call NOW and get 10% Off our Regular Price!
5. Feature compelling testimonials from satisfied customers including their names, occupation and location.
6. Use the fliers to encourage referrals. Having a statement such as, “If you are not in need of our product or service, please pass this along to someone who is.” You might be pleasantly surprised at how much customers this single statement can bring in!
Once you have created your marketing fliers, it’s time to start handing them to prospective customers in your area. You can do this yourself by distributing fifty (50) copies everyday for two months or alternatively, set-up a 4-man or 5-man team to do the distribution for you within a few days. You can ask for permission to drop some fliers at places likely to be visited by your target such as banks, hospitals, eateries, restaurants and bars, hotels, churches, parks etc. Also give some fliers to some of your loyal customers to help you distribute to friends and relatives.

• Advertise your services and business on fashion magazines and other industry niche publications e.g. Wedding Planners.

• Select targeted higher institutions and place adverts on Final Year Books of different departments. This may not generate immediate leads but will definitely do in the future. People value their Year Books and maintain them several years after graduation.

3 Likes

Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by mikerob116(m): 9:16am On Sep 04, 2012
Businesstools: I’ll suggest you focus on photography and video coverage. You can carve a niche in wedding coverage with single ladies as your target, since they are the decision makers in issues relating to choice of wedding planner, video coverage, photography etc. You should be aware that in this line of business, most people don’t decide to patronize you because you have the biggest billboard or lots of adverts. They do so because someone they know, like, trust or respect recommends you or because they have seen your work and they like it. Make yourself recommendable by offering an impeccable service. To get clients for your services, implement some or all of these tips. They have worked for others and will surely work for you:

• Take pictures of events or projects you covered and create a portfolio.

• Make a list of your past clients and “best friends”-everyone you know that might require your service.

• Call most of them-but personally VISIT your best contacts face-to-face and let them know you are seeking new clients for your business, be prepared to show them how you work, show them testimonials from happy customers and ask them to go through your portfolio. Make sure you can demonstrate what you’ve done for clients. This is very important for people who know you personally but not professionally.

• Ask them if they will be willing to either:
1. Introduce you to someone they know who is/may/might be getting married in the near future, and/or
2. Refer you to anyone who might be getting married.
3. Send each person they identified a personal note of introduction by SMS.
4. Follow up by phone to introduce yourself.
5. Send each person who referred you or introduced you a nice note of appreciation.

• Give business cards to every single lady in all wedding events you organize. If you have delivered an awesome service, they’ll surely hire you when the wedding bell rings.

• Set up a team to visit selected institutions of higher learning, Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education and give business cards to final year female students. You can get them easily at the Final Year Lecture Theatre or at the venue of the final exams, where they can be easily identified by their colorful T-Shirts.

• Contact local churches in your area and see if you can buy an AD space in their bulletin. They usually reach a large audience for a small price.

• Print complementary/business cards, with your business name, description, contact information and also include a call to action, to prevent your card from being forgotten or thrown in the thrash. When creating business cards, its purpose should not only be to get your name and business name known in the market. Remember that your business card is one of the most vital marketing tools you can use to promote your business. It should effectively motivate your prospects to take action. Keep in mind that this could be your first and last chance to get your target customers to look at your card so you need to make it good by making a strong call to action which they cannot refuse. You can consider inviting your prospects to visit your website to get a free sample. You can also ask them to present your card to get a discount, a special introductory price or a free gift. Whatever it is you offer, you need to make sure you give your prospects a reason to visit your website or patronize you. The idea here is to persuade your potential customers to take some kind of action. You can consider putting the call to action in front of your business card and be incorporated in your overall design. You can also present it at the back for your prospects to have a reason to turn your card over. Aside from the call to action, there are other things you should include at the back. For instance, you should list some of the products you offer and give a discount to first time customers. Remember to make the overall design of your card attractive and professional to look at. Keep in mind that your card represents you and your business, so look at it as a marketing opportunity to communicate essential information about your business to your customers. Feel free to give cards to prospective customers and also drop some at places likely to be visited by targets.

• Print three thousand (3,000) copies of fliers with colorful graphics, relating to your business. In creating them,
1. Use a big, bold attention getting headline.
2. Discuss the benefits of your products or services not features.
3. Provide multiple ways for your prospects to reach you; phone, email, business address and website.
4. Give them a reason to contact you by providing incentives: offer something for free, a gift, a discount, a chance to win something, or anything else that can motivate them to take action now rather than later. The offer should be given with a time limitation or closing date. Example, Call NOW and get 10% Off our Regular Price!
5. Feature compelling testimonials from satisfied customers including their names, occupation and location.
6. Use the fliers to encourage referrals. Having a statement such as, “If you are not in need of our product or service, please pass this along to someone who is.” You might be pleasantly surprised at how much customers this single statement can bring in!
Once you have created your marketing fliers, it’s time to start handing them to prospective customers in your area. You can do this yourself by distributing fifty (50) copies everyday for two months or alternatively, set-up a 4-man or 5-man team to do the distribution for you within a few days. You can ask for permission to drop some fliers at places likely to be visited by your target such as banks, hospitals, eateries, restaurants and bars, hotels, churches, parks etc. Also give some fliers to some of your loyal customers to help you distribute to friends and relatives.

• Advertise your services and business on fashion magazines and other industry niche publications e.g. Wedding Planners.

• Select targeted higher institutions and place adverts on Final Year Books of different departments. This may not generate immediate leads but will definitely do in the future. People value their Year Books and maintain them several years after graduation.

this is the bump. well done sir!
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by JustCardigans: 1:44pm On Sep 04, 2012
Brilliant write-up and very detailed. In an ever challenging business climate, it is Necessary to come up with new ways to sustain a business.
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by empron(m): 8:42am On Sep 05, 2012
[quote author=Businesstools]I’ll suggest you focus on photography and video coverage. You can carve a niche in wedding coverage with single ladies as your target, since they are the decision makers in issues relating to choice of wedding planner, video coverage, photography etc. You should be aware that in this line of business, most people don’t decide to patronize you because you have the biggest billboard or lots of adverts. They do so because someone they know, like, trust or respect recommends you or you have done the best brother.thanks you are too much
Re: NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies by Businesstools(m): 3:18pm On Sep 05, 2012
Target the right people. If you try to advertise to everybody, you will end up targeting nobody. Your first step in improving your marketing effectiveness is to identify a group which has the greatest need for your product. Having identified your niche, you need to grab their attention by highlighting what is beneficial and important about your product in all your campaign. Customize your promotional materials and advertising campaign to appeal to their greatest needs and focus your marketing efforts towards your target customers. When you target prospects with the greatest need for your products, your marketing efforts will produce the best result at the lowest cost.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Heritage Bank Is Not In Distress-CBN, Heritage Bank Rubbish Rumour / Firs Shuts Down Tinapa Over Alleged Tax Evasion / How Can I Transfer Funds From Blockchain E-wallet Account To My Local Bank?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.