Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,065 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers (12398 Views)

Beats By Dr. Dre Monster Headphones For Music Professionals And Music Lovers / Pastor E.a Adeboye Classical Messages / Classical Music Is Better Than Rap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Lyth: 11:58pm On Sep 17, 2012
ayox2003:

Ermm...Enya should have her own thread. She's just like Era. Celtic, Gaelic, Irish, New-age, film scores

Sry if we r derailing d thread bro, my bad ....
@Ishilove: mind opening a thread 4 new-age, celtic, or folk music 4 us?
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 1:42am On Sep 18, 2012
brokoto: yea. of course. there are numerous techniques depending on your voice type, if you are a newbie or a backslided singer, or if you generally want to improve. also, there are also personal/customised training for the individual depending on the individual's tone of voice, promise and seriousness. i'll say get a voice trainer but if you cant get ahold of any, there are some fantastic videos on youtube. if any of you is interested just holla here. tell me how far you've actually gone in singing and your voice type. we could start from there. . .

I used to enjoy carrying a tune. Never had any professional training. A little research I did suggested to me that I'm a countertenor. So, in a sense, I'm a newbie and a backslidden singer. And I'm interested in training or retraining my voice as the case may be. How involving would that be, in any case? That'll say whether I can manage it.
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Ishilove: 7:37am On Sep 18, 2012
Lyth:

Sry if we r derailing d thread bro, my bad ....
@Ishilove: mind opening a thread 4 new-age, celtic, or folk music 4 us?
As you wish smiley
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Ishilove: 7:38am On Sep 18, 2012
brokoto: yea. of course. there
How far with the voice note na? sad
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 18, 2012
Ihedinobi:

I used to enjoy carrying a tune. Never had any professional training. A little research I did suggested to me that I'm a countertenor. So, in a sense, I'm a newbie and a backslidden singer. And I'm interested in training or retraining my voice as the case may be. How involving would that be, in any case? That'll say whether I can manage it.
looks as if you are already wary of commitment. Anyway, the least i can say for you now is to join a good choral group. You can also have personal voice exercises on pitching and breath control. But 1st join a choral group and get the cobwebs out of your voice. . .any more questions?
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Ishilove: 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2012
brokoto: But 1st join a choral group and get the cobwebs out of your voice. . .any more questions?
Yes.
THE VOICE NOTE nko?? sad
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 18, 2012
brokoto: looks as if you are already wary of commitment. Anyway, the least i can say for you now is to join a good choral group. You can also have personal voice exercises on pitching and breath control. But 1st join a choral group and get the cobwebs out of your voice. . .any more questions?

Ok, I hear you, sir. My apprehension is just that I'm pretty tied up. But if you think joining a choral group is best, I'll think about it. What I was hoping for was guides or advice about things I could do by myself. I really can't do the "join a class", "get a trainer" etc routine right now. But if you can, like, advise me on practical steps I can take, I'll try to adapt them to my routine.
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 18, 2012
Ishilove:
Yes.
THE VOICE NOTE nko?? sad
voice note? :/
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 18, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Ok, I hear you, sir. My apprehension is just that I'm pretty tied up. But if you think joining a choral group is best, I'll think about it. What I was hoping for was guides or advice about things I could do by myself. I really can't do the "join a class", "get a trainer" etc routine right now. But if you can, like, advise me on practical steps I can take, I'll try to adapt them to my routine.
i really dont know what to tell you at this point. Voice training requires a lot of commitment and if i may ask do you plan on doing anything serious with an awesome voice besides singing in your bathroom or to impress your friends? If yes, then you have to make out the time. Having a trainer saves you more time than joining a choral group but its gonna cost you more. I could give you personal exercises to do but it might not be of much help because i wont be there to gauge your progress or even to know if you are doing them correctly. This is because the exercises are different and as you progress it gets harder and you need to have somebody around to make sure you are getting them and to know when to move to the next level. On the other hand, you could download some videos from youtube and try them yourself with all honesty and motivation.
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 18, 2012
brokoto: i really dont know what to tell you at this point. Voice training requires a lot of commitment and if i may ask do you plan on doing anything serious with an awesome voice besides singing in your bathroom or to impress your friends? If yes, then you have to make out the time. Having a trainer saves you more time than joining a choral group but its gonna cost you more. I could give you personal exercises to do but it might not be of much help because i wont be there to gauge your progress or even to know if you are doing them correctly. This is because the exercises are different and as you progress it gets harder and you need to have somebody around to make sure you are getting them and to know when to move to the next level. On the other hand, you could download some videos from youtube and try them yourself with all honesty and motivation.

Ok cool. Thanks a mil. I just love to sing and I hate when I can't enjoy myself doing so. I'll try the youtube thing. I don't see myself doing anything huge with my voice, but I hate the thought of losing it completely.
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 18, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Ok cool. Thanks a mil. I just love to sing and I hate when I can't enjoy myself doing so. I'll try the youtube thing. I don't see myself doing anything huge with my voice, but I hate the thought of losing it completely.
ok, search for 'opera class' on youtube. its a large vidoe sha(276MB) but if you have the bandwidth you can download it.
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 18, 2012
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by iventi(m): 8:17am On Sep 28, 2012
I recently came across some south african opera singer while doing my daily video download. South africa is so into opera culture unlike naija. They even have a competition named operalia. A certain miss pretty Yende won dat of 2011. I read her biography nd later downloaded some of her videos and WOW she is good. Also when I downloaded cape festival video(2010), the chamber choir of south Africa gave me goosebumbs wen I heard vivaldi's domine deus fili unigenite. I love good African chorale groups performing both western and African classical music. The feeling is great. Working on my fioratura(coloratura) and so happy I'm getting it !
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 28, 2012
iventi: I recently came across some south african opera singer while doing my daily video download. South africa is so into opera culture unlike naija. They even have a competition named operalia. A certain miss pretty Yende won dat of 2011. I read her biography nd later downloaded some of her videos and WOW she is good. Also when I downloaded cape festival video(2010), the chamber choir of south Africa gave me goosebumbs wen I heard vivaldi's domine deus fili unigenite. I love good African chorale groups performing both western and African classical music. The feeling is great. Working on my fioratura(coloratura) and so happy I'm getting it !
yea, i've also come across some of her videos too. Someone told me about her sometime last year. She's hot amazing pitch. So much power in her singing. She's done some songs wit Andrea Bocelli too. There's a channel on DSTV where you can watch opera and also some south african choirs: One Gospel(328) and C Music(329). Cheers
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 29, 2012
brokoto: yea, i've also come across some of her videos too. Someone told me about her sometime last year. She's hot amazing pitch. So much power in her singing. She's done some songs wit Andrea Bocelli too. There's a channel on DSTV where you can watch opera and also some south african choirs: One Gospel(328) and C Music(329). Cheers

Great. What do you guys think is happening or can happen with Nigeria's music opera-wise?
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 29, 2012
brokoto: ok, search for 'opera class' on youtube. its a large vidoe sha(276MB) but if you have the bandwidth you can download it.

Thanks a gazillion, bro. And for the video too. Can't watch it on my phone but, I'm gonna note it for future download. You're a great help, sir. Thank you again.
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by iventi(m): 8:16am On Sep 29, 2012
brokoto: yea, i've also come across some of her videos too. Someone told me about her sometime last year. She's hot amazing pitch. So much power in her singing. She's done some songs wit Andrea Bocelli too. There's a channel on DSTV where you can watch opera and also some south african choirs: One Gospel(328) and C Music(329). Cheers
she's really great. I have d video of her singing with bocelli. Ghana is also great. Their tema youth choir did gf handel's sing unto God nd wow it was great. Naija ‎​No dey try. Even kenya has a show or competition called the kwaya. God help naija
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 29, 2012
iventi: she's really great. I have d video of her singing with bocelli. Ghana is also great. Their tema youth choir did gf handel's sing unto God nd wow it was great. Naija ‎​No dey try. Even kenya has a show or competition called the kwaya. God help naija
the problem i think is that most people just associate opera/classical singing with the Anglican church. this doesn't help because the youths these days prefer to attend the hippy churches and sing gospel/ gospel-hiphop. i dont really know what can be done sha but if anyone has any suggestions i'm game. my own be say i'm making some side money these days with my singing so i really dont mind so much if my peers dont get it because they cant really pay well for it.
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by iventi(m): 4:03pm On Sep 30, 2012
brokoto: the problem i think is that most people just associate opera/classical singing with the Anglican church. this doesn't help because the youths these days prefer to attend the hippy churches and sing gospel/ gospel-hiphop. i dont really know what can be done sha but if anyone has any suggestions i'm game. my own be say i'm making some side money these days with my singing so i really dont mind so much if my peers dont get it because they cant really pay well for it.
exactly mahn! most young people don't get. Well like U̅ said the money is good. I'm working on my voice and techniques everyday so when I get really, really good I'll compete in operalia. I so want to go into opera big time. God d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ!
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 07, 2012
iventi: exactly mahn! most young people don't get. Well like U̅ said the money is good. I'm working on my voice and techniques everyday so when I get really, really good I'll compete in operalia. I so want to go into opera big time. God d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ!
big ups man. i hope you have some sort of mentor or teacher that gives you tips and encouragement. i was lucky i had someone like that when i started early on. anyway, i'd love to help help in any little way i can. just state it here and i'll try to help cheesy cheesy cheesy.
just came across this video recently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0Sx5lbVlQA&feature=em-subs_digest-newavtr-vrecs. quite motivating. . .
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by iventi(m): 2:16pm On Oct 07, 2012
brokoto: big ups man. i hope you have some sort of mentor or teacher that gives you tips and encouragement. i was lucky i had someone like that when i started early on. anyway, i'd love to help help in any little way i can. just state it here and i'll try to help cheesy cheesy cheesy.
just came across this video recently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0Sx5lbVlQA&feature=em-subs_digest-newavtr-vrecs. quite motivating. . .
well when I first started I had just one who was my choirmaster in church. The love grew and I decided to go professional. I'm presently studying music in the uni and have great teachers. I'm A̷̷̴̐͠ voice major too.
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Ishilove: 2:47pm On Oct 07, 2012
Brokoto darling, aren't you going to serenade me? :*
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 08, 2012
iventi: well when I first started I had just one who was my choirmaster in church. The love grew and I decided to go professional. I'm presently studying music in the uni and have great teachers. I'm A̷̷̴̐͠ voice major too.
hmmm, nice. which school is that?
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 08, 2012
Ishilove: Brokoto darling, aren't you going to serenade me? :*
er. . .soon dear, very soon. you have kept me very entertained with your chronicles and it is fair that i repay you in kind. anyway, i'm still trying to make up my mind on the best way to do it since we are quite far apart. you know i get paid some change for what you're asking right?
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Ishilove: 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2012
brokoto: er. . .soon dear, very soon. you have kept me very entertained with your chronicles and it is fair that i repay you in kind. anyway, i'm still trying to make up my mind on the best way to do it since we are quite far apart. you know i get paid some change for what you're asking right?
Yes darling I know, but it is Ishilove, the love of your life, requesting grin. You can send it as an attachment via email. I will send mine via email grin
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 08, 2012
Ishilove:
Yes darling I know, but it is Ishilove, the love of your life, requesting grin. You can send it as an attachment via email. I will send mine via email grin
alright, i'll do something very soon. You said you'll also send yours by e-mail. Do you sing too?
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Ishilove: 12:03am On Oct 09, 2012
You gat mail smiley
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by iventi(m): 8:13pm On Oct 09, 2012
brokoto: hmmm, nice. which school is that?
delta state uni.
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 10, 2012
Ishilove: You gat mail smiley
i've checked it dear. i'm gonna reply you soon enough
iventi: delta state uni.
ok. cool. i'd love to hear you sing though. . .
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 13, 2012
for long i;ve thought that Pavarrotti's rendition of the famous Nessun Dorma was the best. just recently i came across this video while wandering about in youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUkTKAg7HHM
lemme hear your thoughts on it guys. Its by Franco Corelli
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:27pm On Oct 13, 2012
Don't listen much to opers though I enjoy Pavarotti's renditions but listen to a lot of classical music and it doesn't get better than Beethoven. His Symphony 09 and 05 are the greatest accomplishments in music. Amazing really.
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 13, 2012
Two steps from hell - just love the instrumentals

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meek Mill – Issues Mp3 Download / DOWNLOAD MP3: Cblvck Ft Naira Marley - Baby Kingsway / Who Is Better: Beyonce Or Shakira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.