Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,122 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Nigeria Vs France: Olympics Basketball (73 - 79) On 6th August 2012 - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs France: Olympics Basketball (73 - 79) On 6th August 2012 (14727 Views)

Nigeria Vs France Prediction / Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 / Nigeria Vs France: (3 - 5) On Pens In U-17 Women's World Cup 4th Oct 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs France: Olympics Basketball (73 - 79) On 6th August 2012 by CyberG: 5:14pm On Aug 06, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

chukwumerije is our last hope

There is no hope for a country that does not prepare or is disorganized. Why must a country think of last hope when since day one, some countries have won so many medals, it's just like marking attendance register for them and they get another medal. Last hope is false hope.

Like I asked others, can you tell us how much investment Nigeria has put into its Olympic team / athletes? Reply with facts and figures only.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: Olympics Basketball (73 - 79) On 6th August 2012 by mediainspired: 5:16pm On Aug 06, 2012
Wow, what an Olympics for Nigeria! What a spiralling disaster, across board! Why did we even go to London 2012 in d first place when d signs were all over d wall since d football qualifers last year when none of our teams (men &women) culdnt sail thru (what used to bee our forte oo). Nigeria shuld check d cosmics; sumthins are catastrophically wrong. Thumbs up to Okagbare &d other athletes; dey've done dere best in d circumstances. It's not dere fault. D nation is grimly sick cos of its leadeship &all these are only reflections!
Re: Nigeria Vs France: Olympics Basketball (73 - 79) On 6th August 2012 by ODB1: 5:26pm On Aug 06, 2012
lost again...
losers!
Re: Nigeria Vs France: Olympics Basketball (73 - 79) On 6th August 2012 by gilgee(m): 5:27pm On Aug 06, 2012
shymmex:

How do you mean "low self esteem?"

The guys just started playing together like 2months ago - give them credit..

Seriously?! Just 2 months and we expected a medal from them? That's the highest order of day dreaming.

They did very well judging by their poor preparations.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: Olympics Basketball (73 - 79) On 6th August 2012 by gabelogan(m): 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2012
Its hi-time some old players with the team retire! Oyedeji has been on that team like forever, ibekwe and ugboaja are definately past their prime. The inclusion of players like josh akognon, solomon alabi, festus ezeli, gani lawal, kelenna azubuike would have made that team very solid, and given them a really deep bench.
Also, the coach had absolutely no idea how to set that team up defensively. They played terrible perimetre D throughout the tournament.
My ideal starting line up would have been
Pg: akognon
Sg: obasohan/oguchi
Sf: al-farooq aminu
Pf; diogu
C: alabi
Re: Nigeria Vs France: Olympics Basketball (73 - 79) On 6th August 2012 by bright007(f): 6:05pm On Aug 06, 2012
Just watch out for what d minister of sports will say after d olympics.I bet he will never miss dis phrase[b]"we are going back to the drawing board"[/b]then I would ask"which drawing board?
Re: Nigeria Vs France: Olympics Basketball (73 - 79) On 6th August 2012 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 06, 2012
I am happy nigeria is being disgraced in international scene,its shows our level of neglect of our sport.if other countries can win medals,what are we doing as a nation,i believe we went there to participate,not to win medals.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: Olympics Basketball (73 - 79) On 6th August 2012 by ortopazz(m): 6:49pm On Aug 06, 2012
;i believe this country can become a great basket balling nation if only the right things are done, u can imagine atleast the kmis3 between the current players, now you can imagine if this crop of players are improved on, we can be great, if we go for more competitions and play regularly within seasons, lots of friendlies and tours, definitely we can get there.

also the right set of people should handle administration, it will do us good, and more basket-balling clinics should be opened, the game should be vigorously followed in secondary schools, this will give students opportunity of knowing the basic rudiments of the game, not just private schools, public too, u will be surprised how much talents can be harnessed. and then we will be ready to face the world.

our league to should be improved on.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: Olympics Basketball (73 - 79) On 6th August 2012 by felphenix: 8:20pm On Aug 06, 2012
I wish none of the administrators/attachés’ who travelled to London will be paid any allowance... Only the Athletes deserve our praise and tax payers money!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs France: Olympics Basketball (73 - 79) On 6th August 2012 by dapriest1(m): 9:28pm On Aug 06, 2012
[left][/left] embarassed
shymmex:

shocked
shymmex:

fellory:

Woman go look for someone to bleep u and get the hellouta here
ABA BROS! wetin she do u? u be human at all or worm?
Re: Nigeria Vs France: Olympics Basketball (73 - 79) On 6th August 2012 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
shymmex:

Hhahahaha Dude said "Low Self Esteem"

ROFLAMO

Probably thought it was a Nigerian Inter-tribal war going on in the Olympics. SMH

Low self esteem?! Wow. Now, I done heard it all.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: Olympics Basketball (73 - 79) On 6th August 2012 by skybancss(f): 10:03pm On Aug 06, 2012
GOOD WILL TO THE MAKING.... GET MONEY AS YOU BROWSE WITH YOUR PHONE, JUST CLICK BELOW AND YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT BUT THANK ME IN RETURN
Re: Nigeria Vs France: Olympics Basketball (73 - 79) On 6th August 2012 by sbeezy8: 10:25pm On Aug 06, 2012
kingoflag:

Hhahahaha Dude said "Low Self Esteem"

ROFLAMO

Probably thought it was a Nigerian Inter-tribal war going on in the Olympics. SMH

Low self esteem?! Wow. Now, I done heard it all.

YES LOW SELF ESTEEM- they were scared of the USA players it was pretty evident even before the game started they were talking bout how he US are better than them but will put up a fight- that's what they said to reporters.

Nigeria lost by 10 to Arg and 6 to France but 84 to USA,? MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL they were scared watched to many "NBA" basketball n let that get to their heads. Nigeria could have atleast lost by 10-20 points but 80+?

Iwatched all nigerian bball players for the last 6 yrs in yankee some since high school- they are better than how they played.

I HOPE THEY LEARNED THEIR LESSON USA are humans and do not win every game they play. USA been beaten before
D'TIGERS have the people and talent they did well in the tournament considering they were put together last minute.

[size=13pt]THEY WILL BE GREAT IN THE FUTURE, it can only get better.[/size]
Re: Nigeria Vs France: Olympics Basketball (73 - 79) On 6th August 2012 by Dhelake: 11:57pm On Aug 06, 2012
bright007: must u show d world dat u spent only 3 months in ur mummy's belly?
if datz true, then hez a superstar
Re: Nigeria Vs France: Olympics Basketball (73 - 79) On 6th August 2012 by Nobody: 3:39am On Aug 07, 2012
sbeezy8:

YES LOW SELF ESTEEM- they were scared of the USA players it was pretty evident even before the game started they were talking bout how he US are better than them but will put up a fight- that's what they said to reporters.

Nigeria lost by 10 to Arg and 6 to France but 84 to USA,? MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL they were scared watched to many "NBA" basketball n let that get to their heads. Nigeria could have atleast lost by 10-20 points but 80+?

Iwatched all nigerian bball players for the last 6 yrs in yankee some since high school- they are better than how they played.

I HOPE THEY LEARNED THEIR LESSON USA are humans and do not win every game they play. USA been beaten before
D'TIGERS have the people and talent they did well in the tournament considering they were put together last minute.

[size=13pt]THEY WILL BE GREAT IN THE FUTURE, it can only get better.[/size]

Whatever dude.

Even if they borrowed your self esteem along with that of every person in Africa the United States woulda still won.

You know why?!

THEY WERE A BILLION TIMES MORE SKILLED, TALENTED AND BETTER PREPARED!!!!

P.S: Go check out the Histories of Ike Diogu, Al Farouq Amin, and Tony Skinn. . . . then come back and tell me they lost because of "self-esteem".
Re: Nigeria Vs France: Olympics Basketball (73 - 79) On 6th August 2012 by Frankiedu(m): 4:28pm On Aug 07, 2012
joskin: Egba wa o. Tiger battery no last again. Dis na serious gbege

think we should be called Duracell maybe we go last more and start well...My opinion..
Re: Nigeria Vs France: Olympics Basketball (73 - 79) On 6th August 2012 by lepasharon(f): 12:11am On Aug 08, 2012
So they have lost,so what happens now guys? Are they out ?
Re: Nigeria Vs France: Olympics Basketball (73 - 79) On 6th August 2012 by ortopazz(m): 11:07am On Aug 08, 2012
I agree with sbeezy about the LOW SELF ESTEEM because yeah the U.S.A team were more prepared buh that doesnt mean we could not have prevented that wide margin, lets look in retrospect at our performance in the tournament, we beat Tunisia, yeah b4 any1 ask it was a big deal, But Tunisia dint lose that wide and there was no record whatsoever broken wiv them, they held their head high, and am sure they played the game wiv convictions that the U.S Were humans afterall, ourz was different we showed the difference between superheroes and villains and earned ourselves a spot in the guiness book of record.

We could have done better thats all am saying, we lost to lithuania wiv a lower margin and that of france where we could have won. Yeah 2months might nt have been enough buh our team spirit, or as tu baba will say, power of naija' we would have reduced the deficit, all the same we need to find and fish out our weakness, and next year wiv adequate preparations the world will be our forte.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Super Eagles of Nigeria Thread. / WAFCON Qualifier: Ify Onumonu's Brace Gives Nigeria Victory Over Ivory Coast / Finally,An ultra-modern Stadium is being built in Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.