Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. (16718 Views)

NASA Spacecraft Embarks On Historic Journey Into Interstellar Space / Twin NASA Spacecraft Prepare To Crash Into Moon / NASA Spacecraft Speeding Toward Mars Landing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 06, 2012
Yet another testament to the unassailable intellectual/mental supremacy of the caucasian race(s) - and to a slightly lesser degree, the Asians. The rest of the world (especially blacks) can only look on in total and permanent vacuity.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 06, 2012
shymmex:

And what did humanity benefit from the Apollo moon landing of 1969

Just waste of resources!! undecided undecided

Your priorities are right.

What I was trying to say in essence is that we Africans can embrace Science and Reason to challenge these people just like the Chinese, Iranians, Russians and North Koreans are doing, etc.

This could be a weapon test program in disguise. Who knows. Lol

The other world powers are watching closely.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nebeuwa(m): 4:21pm On Aug 06, 2012
Nightshift: Mars might have huge deposits of mineral resources that could benefit mankind someday !

We may be able to colonize Mars as well. All we need to is terraform the red planet.

1 Like

Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 06, 2012
Its_soon_gonna tweet pictures of aliens_ undecided
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by topsy1971: 4:23pm On Aug 06, 2012
Travelled 204 million kilometres to Mars!!! What a distance!
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by miteolu(m): 4:26pm On Aug 06, 2012
dani1luv: NL'S DRY TODAY THE RECENT FRONTPAGE TOPICS AINT HELPING angry angry
RUBBISH!!!

Ogbeni, every topics can never be your favorite. You need to read more to live long. Never relent on the archaic topics.

1 Like

Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nebeuwa(m): 4:27pm On Aug 06, 2012
pro01: Yet another testament to the unassailable intellectual/mental supremacy of the caucasian race(s) - and to a slightly lesser degree, the Asians. The rest of the world (especially blacks) can only look on in total and permanent vacuity.

I hope you really do not believe this. undecided
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 06, 2012
pro01: Yet another testament to the unassailable intellectual/mental supremacy of the caucasian race(s) - and to a slightly lesser degree, the Asians. The rest of the world (especially blacks) can only look on in total and permanent vacuity.

Don't come here and start displaying your ignorance.

If you look very closely, people from different parts of the world work for NASA. A lot of Asians. Blacks, Jews and very small number of Caucasians.

The present NASA Administrator is a Black man.

Africa Microsoft Chairman( A Malian or Senegalese) is a Geophysicist and work for NASA .

And many more.

You are suffering from self hatred and it is a very bad disease.

5 Likes

Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nebeuwa(m): 4:32pm On Aug 06, 2012
Sometimes I wonder about Nigerians. This is the same country where Polio still manifests itself, even though it has been eradicated throughout most of the world.

The same country whose brightest citizens are forced to leave Nigeria and move to the West where they would be appreciated for their efforts.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by nasty45(m): 4:39pm On Aug 06, 2012
mylunch: They keep seeking things that are just on their own,pls they should't return with an ailment or diseases then infect people here,after wards they start finding a cure,we have enough already to deal with on planet earth.
hey tis a ROBOT not human...haba mana
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by HayZee06(m): 4:43pm On Aug 06, 2012
I THINK HUMANS ARE CURSED.
Landing on mars means what? Or to brought one deadly disease #smh

NAS=what kind of spell is mankind under?
Everything on the planet we preserve and can it
Microwaved it and try it
No matter what we'll survive it
What's hu? what's man? what's human?
Anything along the land we consuming
Eatin', deletin', ruin
Trying to get paper
Gotta have land, gotta have acres
So I can sit back like Jack Nicholson
Watch niggas play the game like the lakers
In a world full of 52 fakers
Gypsies, seances, mystical prayers
You superstitious? throw salt over your shoulders
Make a wish for the day cuz
Like somebody got a doll of me
Stickin' needles in my arteries
But I can't feel it
Sometimes it's like 'pardon me, but I got a real big spirit'
I'm fearless.... I'm fearless
Don't you try and grab hold of my soul
It's like a military soldier since seven years old
I held real dead bodies in my arms
Felt their body turn cold, oh
Why we born in the first place
If this is how we gotta go?
Damn.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by alaoeri: 4:45pm On Aug 06, 2012
Of what benefit 'll this be to human race?
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2012
Olodostein:

Don't come here and start displaying your ignorance.

If you look very closely, people from different parts of the world work for NASA. A lot of Asians. Blacks, Jews and very small number of Caucasians.

The present NASA Administrator is a Black man.

Africa Microsoft Chairman( A Malian or Senegalese) is a Geophysicist and work for NASA .

And many more.

You are suffering from self hatred and it is a very bad disease.

It is perfectly legal to indulge in self-delusion if that makes you feel good about yourself - as long as you recognise such self-delusion for what it is. Your continent is a hot mess, and so is every self-governing assemblage of blacks around the world. . .they are all lumbering foolishly and groping in the dark with utmost cluelessness. Of course, it is easy for the self-deluding lesser animals that are plentiful within the black race to deny this problem rather than acknowledge it as a necessary first step to finding solutions - and there lies the real tragedy.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by armyofone(m): 4:54pm On Aug 06, 2012
Looking to see black face among the jubilants. from origin of the species to > stem cell to > bone marrow to > big bang to > rover in Mars, they are really moving the world forward.
it remain to be seen if they will eventually see the face of God.

SemperFI

pro01: Yet another testament to the unassailable intellectual/mental supremacy of the caucasian race(s) - and to a slightly lesser degree, the Asians. The rest of the world (especially blacks) can only look on in total and permanent vacuity grin grin still busying defending juju

I'm sure the Mars Rover has the Bible.

1 Like

Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by ayox2003: 4:54pm On Aug 06, 2012
@ ODB. Hahaha...Cool down bro. *cant stop laughing*

Frawzey
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nebeuwa(m): 4:56pm On Aug 06, 2012
There are plenty of black scientist who have contributed to the world. Mostly are were African Americans, but that shouldn't take anything away from them.

If you know this man, then I will be impressed.

1 Like

Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by favouredjb(f): 5:05pm On Aug 06, 2012
Nice achievement,they should also get a cure for cancer quickly,the scourge is deadly.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2012
@Nebeuwa
Neil deGrasse tyson.

Ask any of them to ID michael jordan or Usain Bolt.......

Pathetically ignorant folks.

1 Like

Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Chubhie: 5:13pm On Aug 06, 2012
Valiantvaliant: Mars mars mars, when will they try landing on the sun. I believe there are signs of life there.
With time bro....The human mind is full of posibilities...that same is not concivable today doesnt mean tis a dead end.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by fasmukol: 5:14pm On Aug 06, 2012
thank God, our politicians will now have another thing to spend our money on. May be presidential visit to the mars will be the next on the agenda.

1 Like

Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 06, 2012
armyofone: Looking to see black face among the jubilants. from origin of the species to > stem cell to > bone marrow to rover in Mars, they are really moving the world forward.
it remain to be seen if they will eventually see the face of God.

SemperFI

pro01: Yet another testament to the unassailable intellectual/mental supremacy of the caucasian race(s) - and to a slightly lesser degree, the Asians. The rest of the world (especially blacks) can only look on in total and permanent vacuity grin grin still busying defending juju

I'm sure the Mars Rover has the Bible.

I doubt you brainwashed pr.icksl know how Science works. Heck! You don't even know what the philosophy of science is all about.

What are they doing to cure Cancer, Obesity, Mental Diseases that leads to senseless deaths and shootings, Soil degradation, Droughts in Midwest aka the bread basket of America. Bush fire, increased Heatwaves, encroaching Earthquakes that is also caused by drilling oil. Pollution of Mother Earth.

Let no Goddam "Evolutionaries" tell me about the Origin of Mankind.

If man came from Monkeys, why are Monkeys changing no more ? ---- Bob Marley.

You cannot turn the hands of time ---- Bob Marley.

Science has limit and that limit should be focused on increasing the immediate welfare of Humanity.

The industrial revolution or perhaps "western civilization" has destroyed this planet Earth that they are looking for an escape route.

Other Greater civilizations before them respected Mother Nature.

But as Bob Marley said "You can't run away from yourself".

Read Civilization and its Discontent by Sigmund Frued and other books and stop licking as.ses and swallowing everything that is fed to you.

Science should know it uttermost priorities.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nebeuwa(m): 5:19pm On Aug 06, 2012
[img]http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/673584main_image_2387_946-710.jpg[/img]

Curiosity's Surroundings
This is one of the first images taken by NASA's Curiosity rover, which landed on Mars on the morning of Aug. 6, 2012. It was taken through a fisheye wide-angle lens on the left "eye" of a stereo pair of Hazard-Avoidance cameras on the left-rear side of the rover. The image is one-half of full resolution. The clear dust cover that protected the camera during landing has been sprung open. Part of the spring that released the dust cover can be seen at the bottom right, near the rover's wheel.

On the top left, part of the rover's power supply is visible.

Some dust appears on the lens even with the dust cover off.

The cameras are looking directly into the sun, so the top of the image is saturated. Looking straight into the sun does not harm the cameras. The lines across the top are an artifact called "blooming" that occurs in the camera's detector because of the saturation.

As planned, the rover's early engineering images are lower resolution. Larger color images from other cameras are expected later in the week when the rover's mast, carrying high-resolution cameras, is deployed.

Image Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech

1 Like

Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by ODB1: 5:19pm On Aug 06, 2012
Nebeuwa:

If you know this man, then I will be impressed.

if i got a meme on him does this count? will you be impressed by me?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device / Internet-enabled Pillow Connects Long-Distance Lovers / Nigeria Will Experience A Lunar Eclipse On Monday, January 21, 2019 - NASRDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.