Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,917 members, 7,810,523 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. (16710 Views)

NASA Spacecraft Embarks On Historic Journey Into Interstellar Space / Twin NASA Spacecraft Prepare To Crash Into Moon / NASA Spacecraft Speeding Toward Mars Landing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nobody: 5:45am On Aug 07, 2012
nice! One day na one day....dumb whites trying to explore mars will be shocked when the blacks living on mars decide to reveal themselves!

3 Likes

Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by 190: 6:32am On Aug 07, 2012
they shud av sent GEJ
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by logica(m): 6:43am On Aug 07, 2012
ceaser:

And to buttress this, do you guys know that Velcro was a "spin of" off of space exploration? The first astronauts needed cloths without fumbling with putting buttons in button holes and viola! Velcro was born. So also were multi-vitamins and fertilizers.
Here is an analogy just to throw you a curve ball: A lot more innovations actually sprout from warfare: from WW1 to WW2 to the Vietnam War. Don't know about the Biafran War though. cheesy

But then, does that make war a good thing?
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by KINGwax(m): 7:01am On Aug 07, 2012
Nebeuwa:

Please say that in English. I do not understand gutter talk.
that aint gutter talk dude, saying dt leaves me wonder if your brian wasn't been burrowed and left wit holes as cheese. English aint a compulsory language dude.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by KINGwax(m): 7:08am On Aug 07, 2012
shymmex:

And what did humanity benefit from the Apollo moon landing of 1969

Just waste of resources!! undecided undecided
jes waste of time, and they're fuckin trying to mine resources from asteroids!
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Shaw007(m): 8:00am On Aug 07, 2012
Wow,wOnderful. . .i mean dis is really great. . .step-by-step we are moving forward,infact i bliv one day(very soon)man will actally land on mass,infact on other planets. . .might even cross galaxies,wow(daydreaming already) this i really gr8,thumbs uP ta america. . .Infact both hands are uP,but hOw great and splendid it wud av been iF naIja culda done sometin similar. . .
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 07, 2012
Rossikk:

I was just counting how long it would take for some brainless lout to post this sort of racist drivel. You must be a complete wastrel and mental midget to utter this garbage. Thankfully, no one here shares your rank stupidity.

Stupidity is congealed firmly in your genes, and is invariably a generational problem for you and your unfortunate parents and forebears - a fate that also awaits the doomed creatures you would sire (if at all your doubful potency allows you procreate).

How predictable for the typical loud-mouthed, albeit empty-vessel black 'lout' to adopt a combative and belligerent posture (as you have foolishly done) when his intelligence (or the lack thereof) comes into question. Funny how you deluded twerps like to make the OBTUSE claim that the black man's intellect is at par with the white man's (citing a few aberrative examples or using useless conspiracy theories or doubtful historical accounts) while ignoring the stark reality on ground.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by babaowo: 8:15am On Aug 07, 2012
fasmukol: thank God, our politicians will now have another thing to spend our money on. May be presidential visit to the mars will be the next on the agenda.
.... lol
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by pazienza(m): 8:30am On Aug 07, 2012
Rossikk:

But what were the whites doing when the above were developing the initial technologies that led to the present? Weren't they running around in caves? Were would we be if the ancient Africans and Asians hadn't discovered and developed writing, medicine, mining of minerals, the sciences, philosophy, architecture, astronomy, chemistry (chem[/b]istry and al[b]chem[/b]y are actually Greek terms for ''the studies of the blacks''. In those days Greeks, the first Europeans to be civilized, were forbidden from participating in the sciences by their rulers, and those who did were often exiled, or executed for participating in ''foreign mysteries''). See a review of the book Stolen Legacy: Greek Philosophy is Stolen Egyptian Philosophy by George G.M. James

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/32/001.html

[b]'Kem'
was black in the ancient Egyptian language of Medu-Neteru. Egypt itself was called Kemet (black nation) by its people who referred to themselves as Kemmui (the blacks). Even today Igbos refer to pitch blackness as 'kem'. So in the old days al[b]chem[/b]y and [b]chem[/b]istry were ''the studies of the blacks''.

See, what people need to realise is that today's advances are a CULMINATION of thousands of years of painstaking human scientific progress and advancement. Praising whites alone for the current outcomes while denigrating other races is as dumb, thoughtless and ignorant as walking into a car factory when a car is virtually completed, and reserving one's praise solely for the workers seen adding the dazzling paintwork, airbags, rims, stereo, and flashy dashboards, disregarding and denigrating the workers standing around who were responsible for the initial conceptualisation, design, metallurgy, engine, gasket and chassis.

Any assessment of human technological development must be done holistically, and not in the brutish, myopic manner of those who cannot see beyond their immediate noses, much less across millenia.

Now that's rossike,as informative as usual.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by pazienza(m): 8:31am On Aug 07, 2012
Rossikk:

But what were the whites doing when the above were developing the initial technologies that led to the present? Weren't they running around in caves? Were would we be if the ancient Africans and Asians hadn't discovered and developed writing, medicine, mining of minerals, the sciences, philosophy, architecture, astronomy, chemistry (chem[/b]istry and al[b]chem[/b]y are actually Greek terms for ''the studies of the blacks''. In those days Greeks, the first Europeans to be civilized, were forbidden from participating in the sciences by their rulers, and those who did were often exiled, or executed for participating in ''foreign mysteries''). See a review of the book Stolen Legacy: Greek Philosophy is Stolen Egyptian Philosophy by George G.M. James

[b]'Kem'
was black in the ancient Egyptian language of Medu-Neteru. Egypt itself was called Kemet (black nation) by its people who referred to themselves as Kemmui (the blacks). Even today Igbos refer to pitch blackness as 'kem'. So in the old days al[b]chem[/b]y and [b]chem[/b]istry were ''the studies of the blacks''.

See, what people need to realise is that today's advances are a CULMINATION of thousands of years of painstaking human scientific progress and advancement. Praising whites alone for the current outcomes while denigrating other races is as dumb, thoughtless and ignorant as walking into a car factory when a car is virtually completed, and reserving one's praise solely for the workers seen adding the dazzling paintwork, airbags, rims, stereo, and flashy dashboards, disregarding and denigrating the workers standing around who were responsible for the initial conceptualisation, design, metallurgy, engine, gasket and chassis.

Any assessment of human technological development must be done holistically, and not in the brutish, myopic manner of those who cannot see beyond their immediate noses, much less across millenia.

Now that's rossike,as informative as usual.

Wonder where capuk is.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 07, 2012
Rossikk:

[b]'Kem'

I dnt support racism in any form but a feat like this deserves applause. Abt ur 'history' and 'holistic' view. Let tell u a story...a father of 2 sons,gav N50 to d eldest to start a business. He established somefin but along d way he got distracted,lost focus and collapsed d business. But then, d young brother took over d business and turned it into an empire. The frustrated elder brother turns around to seek acknowledgement in his younger brother's achievements(jst bc it waz a continuation of wat he started)
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Vergil: 9:15am On Aug 07, 2012
Nebeuwa:

Landing on the moon is one of the greatest accomplishments that humans have achieved.

The fact that we were able to land on an object that is separated from our planet by thousands of miles of empty space is astonishing. I do not see that as a waste of resources, because there will come a time that humanity must leave our nest (Earth).

Going to space in the first place is amazing. Thank Russia for that.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Vergil: 9:34am On Aug 07, 2012
ceaser: The Russians first went to space, right. But who first explored the capacity and ability to land on the moon and walk on it and even erect their flag in the soil on the moon? The US.

What are you talking about? The REAL credit is to the RUSSIANS. Russian brain gave you space, russian technology gave you space, their will did the same. What you have with NASA and the US is dollars and foreign brain (including russian, german etc). Now China is getting there.

And u say capacity? Plzz, u just trying to sound smart?

Russians have been sending satellites to space way before anybody. You need that to aid moon landing don't you.

The whole "race to the moon" was a clever attempt by d guys in US to start a very nice "brain drain" from the other side.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Vergil: 9:43am On Aug 07, 2012
centje: One trait of americans is dat they are very patriotic. They beliv so much in their nation. Hope u noticed their flag in d celebration room. They dnt joke wit it. Hardly wil watch an american movie frm beginin to end witout a flash of their flag. Even ordinary residents in US hangs on their houses, rarely do u find nigerians displayin our flag dat way even wit all d beauty of our flag(green white green). I pray things get better so that our patriotism wil improve. Wen i got d info that they are leadin in d current olympics,i asked maself why are these ppl leadin in everyfin,well great job by NASA,hope they wil be able to get informative data frm mars. On another note,i suggest they pay one of these suicide bombers to man d craft,since d bombers dnt giv a damn abt their life...lol

Not only the US joka. Most developed nations too. They just happen to have a massive influence on the media. Which sure does help with the "USA" propaganda/patriotism/envy/pride.

Human Psychology!
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Angel778(f): 10:49am On Aug 07, 2012
utch:

They will land on the sun the day it refuses to shine upon your village!!!
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Parnassuss(m): 11:44am On Aug 07, 2012
isquar3d3: it was cool. D rover pilot was tweeting pictures and updates from mars. Yeah u heard rite. TWEETING from mars! Follow him on twitter @marscuriosity

I think the robot's piloted from the earth.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Skmoda360(m): 1:19pm On Aug 07, 2012
Is there any course in nigerian univers. that is related to airspace tech.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 07, 2012
First and foremost, congratulations for the successful landing of the rover Curiosity on Mars! There have been speculations it might or might not make it by Nasa. I am glad to hear about the success!

When will Nigerians stop being chickens about human progress?
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2012
O.D.B.:

niggaz non-inclusive. your dirty a55 just want to spread hate and aids
It is somebody like you that is preventing them from such achievement. I can bet you there are few blacks out there who are more intelligent that some of those working at the JPL. Not only that, it is this stereotype that is preventing humans from utilizing the potentials in every human being to move forward. If there is no black person among them in this age, the JPL has to been blamed for being myopic and living in the past.

Believe me, the problem is from them not from black people.

The baseline is that all they want to hear is that it's about white rather than human achievement.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2012
pictures: Oh , my country Nigeria, we are still fighting ourselves and
misusing our resources when others are planning to
relocate from planet earth. God help us. embarassed embarassed embarassed

relocate from earth.... i don laugh fall for ground... make dem no use DANA flight oh.... i here say d destination na space.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Rossikk(m): 5:23pm On Aug 07, 2012
pro01:

Stupidity is congealed firmly in your genes, and is invariably a generational problem for you and your unfortunate parents and forebears - a fate that also awaits the doomed creatures you would sire (if at all your doubful potency allows you procreate).

How predictable for the typical loud-mouthed, albeit empty-vessel black 'lout' to adopt a combative and belligerent posture (as you have foolishly done) when his intelligence (or the lack thereof) comes into question. Funny how you deluded twerps like to make the OBTUSE claim that the black man's intellect is at par with the white man's (citing a few aberrative examples or using useless conspiracy theories or doubtful historical accounts) while ignoring the stark reality on ground.

What does a cretin like you know about world history? How do the ''stark realities on the ground'' obviate such history, which you're manifestly unaware of? What do you know about African history? What books have you read? What research have you conducted? You cannot base your entire knowledge of the human journey on ''stark realities on the ground'' as the present accounts for less than a trillionth of the human journey. But perhaps that's about the limit your tiny, cotton-filled brain can absorb, so maybe we shouldn't be too harsh on you.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Rossikk(m): 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2012
Darui:
What's your view on curiosity?
Ignore the racists.

I'm fascinated by it. The search for life outside our planet is a worthy enterprise. I envisage a future in which man engages in inter-stellar travel and exploration as a matter of course. I'm a sucker for Star Trek - The Next Generation. wink But our technological prowess is at present, tainted by more down to earth shortcomings.

I think we need to focus more heavily on justice for the earth's people, so that the future is characterised as much by technological excellence as by moral and social upliftment of all humanity. Hence, environmental degradation, racism and cultural imperialism, economic injustice, political oppression, militarization, and other ills need to be addressed simultaneously.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Rossikk(m): 5:47pm On Aug 07, 2012
centje:
I dnt support racism in any form but a feat like this deserves applause. Abt ur 'history' and 'holistic' view. Let tell u a story...a father of 2 sons,gav N50 to d eldest to start a business. He established somefin but along d way he got distracted,lost focus and collapsed d business. But then, d young brother took over d business and turned it into an empire. The frustrated elder brother turns around to seek acknowledgement in his younger brother's achievements(jst bc it waz a continuation of wat he started)

But the second son is also getting distracted as we speak. Human nature, characterised by fallibility, dictates that every race attains a pinnacle of glorious achievement and acclaim, followed by a slow, inevitable - and often swift - cataclysmic decline. As we speak, the East is taking over from the West. Lesson: No condition is permanent on this earth. This same Africa you regard as a wasteland contains 7 of the 10 fastest growing economies on earth. So the change is ALREADY occurring. Of course we may not be around when it culminates in a full transfer of dominance to Africa etc, but the green shoots of Renaissance are very much on the horizon, as they were for Asia a couple of decades ago. Meanwhile, the west finds itself mired in moral turpitude and economic decline, just like her civilizational forbears at their peak. So the story about humanity is the story of batons being handed from race to race and region to region over the passage of time. The worst mistake you can make is to regard the present, foremost beneficiaries of the system as 'mentally superior' or somehow especially endowed more so than other peoples. That's the philosophy of the myopic and the ignorant. Of historical illiterates. You need to shun such approaches.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 07, 2012
Rossikk:

But the second son is also getting distracted as we speak. Human nature, characterised by fallibility, dictates that every race attains a pinnacle of glorious achievement and acclaim, followed by a slow, inevitable - and often swift - cataclysmic decline. As we speak, the East is taking over from the West. Lesson: No condition is permanent on this earth. This same Africa you regard as a wasteland contains 7 of the 10 fastest growing economies on earth. So the change is ALREADY occurring. Of course we may not be around when it culminates in a full transfer of dominance to Africa etc, but the green shoots of Renaissance are very much on the horizon, as they were for Asia a couple of decades ago. Meanwhile, the west finds itself mired in moral turpitude and economic decline, just like her civilizational forbears at their peak. So the story about humanity is the story of batons being handed from race to race and region to region over the passage of time. The worst mistake you can make is to regard the present, foremost beneficiaries of the system as 'mentally superior' or somehow especially endowed more so than other peoples. That's the philosophy of the myopic and the ignorant. Of historical illiterates. You need to shun such approaches.
I dnt think we hv the same view. My point is,appreciate ppl achievements. No one hands d baton over to u, u reach for it. If u feel sidelined by d present science advances then make tenacious effort to out shine them. Most african countries includin nigeria are seriously comin up buh in this modern age u hv to speed up to catch up. Coz at d pace we are goin we cant overtake. We say we r pursuin 202020 agenda when d country is disintegrating. Most african country rnt yet ready roll out concrete developmental blueprint. And all these basically are attributed to bad governance nt that africans are lazy or mentally inferior. I jst dnt undertand why our govt dnt work.
China for instance made serious reforms in their system b4 they were able to reach where they are. Same wit india,brazil,etc why cant we hv serious researches goin on in our universities. Alot are wrong we need to step up our game!
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Vergil: 7:51pm On Aug 07, 2012
Having this in mind. Is the religious theory of the world coming to an end very very soon still valid?

Since Mars is/should just be the beginning. Other planets to go...other galaxies too.

Food for thought.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Rossikk(m): 9:02pm On Aug 07, 2012
centje:
I dnt think we hv the same view. My point is,appreciate ppl achievements. No one hands d baton over to u, u reach for it.

We really could do without your patronising remarks. You obviously don't want to learn. The truth is civilizations at their peak DO figuratively 'hand over the baton' to the next guys in line, by their own inadvertent foibles - the predictable decadence and complacency that ALWAYS rears its head at the peak of their dominance. Just as you were quick to remind us how Africans dropped the baton in the distant past, SO ALSO WILL the whites you seem to think are destined to run things forever eventually drop theirs and thus 'hand over'. That's the way the world works.

If u feel sidelined by d present science advances then make tenacious effort to out shine them.

I don't feel 'sidelined'. YOU do.

Most african countries includin nigeria are seriously comin up buh in this modern age u hv to speed up to catch up. Coz at d pace we are goin we cant overtake.

You don't know that. You haven't even the slightest clue how long western civilization has before it collapses into own contradictions. It could be as early as this year.

We say we r pursuin 202020 agenda when d country is disintegrating.

Disintegrating? Where?

Most african country rnt yet ready roll out concrete developmental blueprint.

How many African nations' development plans have you studied? You cannot just come in here and type things off the top of your head.

And all these basically are attributed to bad governance nt that africans are lazy or mentally inferior.

Conclusion based on an uninformed premise.

I jst dnt undertand why our govt dnt work.

Our governments are working. If you actually spent some time doing basic RESEARCH as opposed to sitting in some corner reaching wild negative conclusions, you would notice that since independence, virtually all the African nations have made concrete strides in ALL areas of development, from education to health, to infrastructure to the economy. At independence, Nigeria's literacy rate was 7% compared to 74% today for instance. Infant mortality rate was 259 per 1000 then compared to 88 per 1000 today etc, and many other indicators pointing to similar progress. Military rule, once the norm, is all but extinguished on the continent, showing greater political maturity in the post-independence period etc etc. I mean, one could go on. But if all YOU wish to see is the daily negativity deliberately fed you by CNN and BBC, that's another story.

China for instance made serious reforms in their system b4 they were able to reach where they are.

Our economies are growing at exactly the same rate China and India's were a couple of decades ago. So what are you saying? China did not turn into a power overnight. It took several decades of sustained economic growth, precisely what we're seeing in Africa today. So it's really just a matter of TIME. In 1980 the African middle class made up just 11% of the African population. That figure is up to 35% today according to the latest studies. So we're moving.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by ZUBY77(m): 9:28am On Aug 08, 2012
engineerd: nice! One day na one day....dumb whites trying to explore mars will be shocked when the blacks living on mars decide to reveal themselves!

I had a good laugh over this. Thanks
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Whitieyor(m): 2:29am On Aug 16, 2012
When will Nigerians tells us the truth, some are saying 12:30 to 3:30 & Nairaland is saying 12:30 to 1:30. Na wao o 9ja noting like d@ 4 bbc website o.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by tomboytunde: 5:20am On Aug 16, 2012
As a matter of fact, this is really good and impressive. America is nothing but a giant and great nation ahead of us. We Nigerian to can do so but we have the problem of leadership.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Sirheed89(m): 4:49am On Aug 21, 2012
Nebeuwa:

Landing on the moon is one of the greatest accomplishments that humans have achieved.

The fact that we were able to land on an object that is separated from our planet by thousands of miles of empty space is astonishing. I do not see that as a waste of resources, because there will come a time that humanity must leave our nest (Earth).
tongue
Nebeuwa:

.....duh! Did u read dt in d Quran or bible dt a tym wld come wen uld run ur sowwie ass out of planet earth to mars...nt even wit d mischief u cos on planet earth...ish!
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Solozzo(m): 4:25am On Mar 02, 2013
superior1: Imagine all these beauty in the universe and some people will still argue there is no intelligent mind (GOD) behind all these

A great feat, I hope this will settle our minds about a possible invasion by aliens from mars.

There is no evidence of existence of creatures that can invade earth , on mars, dude

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device / Internet-enabled Pillow Connects Long-Distance Lovers / Nigeria Will Experience A Lunar Eclipse On Monday, January 21, 2019 - NASRDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.