Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. (16717 Views)

NASA Spacecraft Embarks On Historic Journey Into Interstellar Space / Twin NASA Spacecraft Prepare To Crash Into Moon / NASA Spacecraft Speeding Toward Mars Landing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by stunna2(m): 6:29pm On Aug 06, 2012
locdog:
ignorance is one d disease killin naija, I doubt if Gej can operate a laptop!!!

hahahahahaha!!!
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by shymex(m): 6:32pm On Aug 06, 2012
Some of you just need to study ancient mathematics and astronomy to understand that 'modern science' is nowhere close to what these people achieved with their sacred sciences..
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nebeuwa(m): 6:35pm On Aug 06, 2012
shymex: Some of you just need to study ancient mathematics and astronomy to understand that 'modern science' is nowhere close to what these people achieved with their sacred sciences..

Oh yes the Ancient Mayans, Chinese and Kemetians were sending people to the Moon and building satellites. Give me a break! grin

4 Likes

Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Iskra: 6:40pm On Aug 06, 2012
@ Olodostein...I must credit you because your reputation precedes you but very sadly that same reputation which is stamped in the nomenclature you have chosen to use on NL or rather on this topic...to my comments precludes you...I see you are a good posturer...Olodo with some help from anything other than devine you might one day tend towards einstein.

I will ask you why you have chosen to continue using cold war technology. Why dont you cease to use it in protest because it was meant to be used for cold war. why do you even sit on that computer of yours at all. you shuld rather have gone back to whereever you came from and telepathically joined this discourse on NL. Then maybe you might have some true sense of existing.

You think I care what they launch it for, I care for one thing...going forward, it doesnt have to be for my sake. If you must know after this I wont mind you either...you cease to exist. Like in the real world...there are actors and then there is just statistic...go figure.....you shine with ignorance, I wish it was carefully coated with real wisdom. Inform if you must, take issues if you must, but it doesnt change my reality or yours or the fact that the Rover is right now being controlled remotely from earth and doing some very interesting things too.

Sorry i must confess my ignorance in not even knowing what your point is...I will not hide this fact...Are you just trying to be a smart talker or you would want to do your ego more harm than good

1 Like

Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 06, 2012
O.D.B.:

I smoke 2 -3 packs a day, like a beer every night and have never come down with influenza or a common cold, I only have been in the hospital once and that was for Typhoid Fever (which nearly killed me, it was chronic and I never felt symptoms till the last stage).
Other than that the only thing that affects my health is ...wait for it,
Krptonite!
Dude,medically speakin. U need to pipe dwn. U cant experience d effect of smokin now coz probably ur stil young most of d side effects rear its ugly head wen u clock 60, 70, 80 yrs! Even if u dnt stop completely,at least reduce
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Freiburger(m): 6:51pm On Aug 06, 2012
The 99 to 2-G computer shutdown, what now
Extension on Earth, human cutdown
Niggaz play with PlayStations, they build a spacestations
On Mars plottin civilizations
Dissin us discriminatin different racisis
Tax payers pay for more jail for black latin faces
Nasir Jones
Someone earlier asked how will that benefit mankind? Here is my answer, it will bring more superiority to these who 're feeling superior.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Iskra: 6:53pm On Aug 06, 2012
@Centje I really agre with you, ODB you gat pipe down..because e be like say na the cigar dey smoke you no be you dey smoke the cigar...this is just on a lighter note....I smoke too but then I might have one good smoke each week or non in months...depends on certain factors...but I really hate normal cigarettes...the ish is always better...Banah forever...Holy weed to holy people,let those who are of a non-hypocritical mind say amen
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 06, 2012
Iskra: @ Centje...its nice to read your post but not for the reason that what you say makes much sense. maybe you are not just expressing yourself clearly, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt...or rather the benefit of another post which is better articulated...I might state though, that on NL communication should be the aim of our entire discourse. And please do this is what ever language bests suites you I am sure someone else can come and explain in Flawlessly written english... To your post, do you really think that curiosity was launched as some lotto-like display of let us see if this is possible. do you think before the "Well spent billions" were allocated for that project,nobody vetted the pros and cons of going to mars. This is not some hapharzard attempt at exploration, it is a well thought out and clearly defined goal oriented mission. That they dont tell you does not mean that they dont know what they are looking for. I know that sometimes it is difficult for some of us to wrap our minds around matters like this, but then that is no fault of Americas or your parents who gave birth to you or even the school you attended. Your mind is as enlightened as you let it. Educated doesnt mean you have gone to the best schools, education means you have taken your mind to the far reaches of nature and all it has to offer and you have contemplated it unbiasedly. You have questionned it and not said ..no oooh our pastor or imam or our village witch say make we no ask that kain question. Question everything including the one your parents believed in before you were born.

Curiosity is a great mile stone for humanity once again...if you dont want to celebrate it...never mind it doesnt matter, it will do what is meant to do and those who will benefit will benefit wheather you believe it or not. You are shouting about going to Mars, do you know the plans are on ground to leap even further. you can not limit the human race to this small earth, it is bound to happen ...there is nothing we(believers or nonbelievers) can do about it.
My post waz a reply to someone. NASA is a big agency why wuld american goverment spend such amount of money if there wsnt a well articulated aim.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Iskra: 6:59pm On Aug 06, 2012
@Centje..my hat is already off for you...My best wishes...you have put me straight.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by ceaser: 7:01pm On Aug 06, 2012
HayZee-06:
I THINK HUMANS ARE CURSED.
Landing on mars means what? Or to brought one deadly disease #smh

NAS=what kind of spell is mankind under?
Everything on the planet we preserve and can it
Microwaved it and try it
No matter what we'll survive it
What's hu? what's man? what's human?
Anything along the land we consuming
Eatin', deletin', ruin
Trying to get paper
Gotta have land, gotta have acres
So I can sit back like Jack Nicholson
Watch niggas play the game like the lakers
In a world full of 52 fakers
Gypsies, seances, mystical prayers
You superstitious? throw salt over your shoulders
Make a wish for the day cuz
Like somebody got a doll of me
Stickin' needles in my arteries
But I can't feel it
Sometimes it's like 'pardon me, but I got a real big spirit'
I'm fearless.... I'm fearless
Don't you try and grab hold of my soul
It's like a military soldier since seven years old
I held real dead bodies in my arms
Felt their body turn cold, oh
Why we born in the first place
If this is how we gotta go?
Damn.

Eeerr...okay. But can you say it in English or even better, in pidgin?
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by shymex(m): 7:03pm On Aug 06, 2012
Nebeuwa:

Oh yes the Ancient Mayans, Chinese and Kemetians were sending people to the Moon and building satellites. Give me a break! grin

Bwahahahahah

Myopic mind smh!!

At least they could feed their population - and with all your people building satellites, you still depend on their calender smh...

Why can't you try building the pyramid they built with the same accuracy, to show you're superior, huh?

I heard the Japanese tried and they failed woefully, how sad.. grin
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by shymex(m): 7:06pm On Aug 06, 2012
Freiburger: The 99 to 2-G computer shutdown, what now
Extension on Earth, human cutdown
Niggaz play with PlayStations, they build a spacestations
On Mars plottin civilizations
Dissin us discriminatin different racisis
Tax payers pay for more jail for black latin faces
Nasir Jones
Someone earlier asked how will that benefit mankind? [size=14pt]Here is my answer, it will bring more superiority to these who 're feeling superior.[/size]

And the same people they made inferior are the ones worshipping them... grin

The funniest thing is that most white people don't even care, go check yahoo news.. grin

Mama Africa - wake up!! sad sad

1 Like

Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by ceaser: 7:11pm On Aug 06, 2012
Nebeuwa: [img]http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/673584main_image_2387_946-710.jpg[/img]

Curiosity's Surroundings
This is one of the first images taken by NASA's Curiosity rover, which landed on Mars on the morning of Aug. 6, 2012. It was taken through a fisheye wide-angle lens on the left "eye" of a stereo pair of Hazard-Avoidance cameras on the left-rear side of the rover. The image is one-half of full resolution. The clear dust cover that protected the camera during landing has been sprung open. Part of the spring that released the dust cover can be seen at the bottom right, near the rover's wheel.

On the top left, part of the rover's power supply is visible.

Some dust appears on the lens even with the dust cover off.

The cameras are looking directly into the sun, so the top of the image is saturated. Looking straight into the sun does not harm the cameras. The lines across the top are an artifact called "blooming" that occurs in the camera's detector because of the saturation.

As planned, the rover's early engineering images are lower resolution. Larger color images from other cameras are expected later in the week when the rover's mast, carrying high-resolution cameras, is deployed.

Image Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech

But don't that sun look frighteningly big above that horizon. Isn't it supposed to be smaller than the size we have here on earth, considering mars is farther away from the sun than earth not minding the absence of the atmosphere and stratosphere on mars.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 06, 2012
Iskra: @Centje..my hat is already off for you...My best wishes...you have put me straight.
cool
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 06, 2012
Iskra: @ Olodostein...I must credit you because your reputation precedes you but very sadly that same reputation which is stamped in the nomenclature you have chosen to use on NL or rather on this topic...to my comments precludes you...I see you are a good posturer...Olodo with some help from anything other than devine you might one day tend towards einstein.

I will ask you why you have chosen to continue using cold war technology. Why dont you cease to use it in protest because it was meant to be used for cold war. why do you even sit on that computer of yours at all. you shuld rather have gone back to whereever you came from and telepathically joined this discourse on NL. Then maybe you might have some true sense of existing.

You think I care what they launch it for, I care for one thing...going forward, it doesnt have to be for my sake. If you must know after this I wont mind you either...you cease to exist. Like in the real world...there are actors and then there is just statistic...go figure.....you shine with ignorance, I wish it was carefully coated with real wisdom. Inform if you must, take issues if you must, but it doesnt change my reality or yours or the fact that the Rover is right now being controlled remotely from earth and doing some very interesting things too.

Sorry i must confess my ignorance in not even knowing what your point is...I will not hide this fact...Are you just trying to be a smart talker or you would want to do your ego more harm than good

One thing about people like you is that when you are presented with facts and core logic, you counter with baseless name-calling looking for the next escape route to MARS.

This is not about ism and shism that you would like to indulge in. This is about the essence of the subject matter. If signicant numbers of Real Americans on forums like this news websites are questioning the motive of this, thus: what says you?

You come on here to posit yourself as one who "appreciates science" and "great leap forward" by ridiculing those who are trying to ask questions which is what True Science is all about.

I pay(no be dash) for the services with my hard earned money. Besides, why should they be destabilizing the peaceful world to steal resources from Cacitarites and rare Metals in the Congo to
oil in Iraq to fuel so called "advancement" for Humanity.

Despite the senseless killings happening all over the USA : Why are 80% of the citizens adamant on giving up their Guns ?

Thomas Jefferson said : Central banks are more dangerous than standing armies.

I suppose you would say they are deluded like you by questioning the REAL motives of self centered mission.

After all, it was the great Albert Einstein who said "Never stop asking question".

So, next time, try to counter arguments with facts and concrete logic instead of being blind sycophantic follower.

It is mindset like yours that makes African Leaders mere Puppets of their masters.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Valiantvaliant(m): 7:22pm On Aug 06, 2012
utch:

They will land on the sun the day it refuses to shine upon your village!!!
you'll surely be on that mission
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Repubocrat(m): 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2012
Another big step for "Interplanetary Colonization". *Sighs in disgust* cry

1 Like

Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by ceaser: 7:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
O.D.B.:

cancers are viral related, so is diabetes. There is also a genetic link. My dad smoked till he died in his late 80's (no pu33y cancer but a car accident)

Hey, not all cancers are viral related o. Most have to do with genetic distortions. Although very few are viral related. Cervical CA for instance is related to HPV infection. Even then it still boils down to some sort of genetic mutation in the infected cells which gives 'em propensity for rapid growth and multiplication and short interphase compared to normal cells. This is derangement in genetic instruction/control mechanism is what makes the cancerous cell to go haywire. Even the smokes in cigars still follow the same way of having chemicals or mutagens that "reconfigure" genes of the bronchial wall.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by ceaser: 7:40pm On Aug 06, 2012
Olodostein:

The Russians first went to space : Yourri Gagarin. And American Astronauts still go there using their spacecraft. So stop giving NASA due they don't really deserve.

The Russians first went to space, right. But who first explored the capacity and ability to land on the moon and walk on it and even erect their flag in the soil on the moon? The US.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by ceaser: 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2012
Iskra: NLanders shouldnt always be quick to jump on the Band wagon of ignorance...when you dont know, the primary thing to do is try to at least learn. I would want to speak generally about space exploration and its benefits. First of all, why do we even need to explore. you could pose a similar but closer to home question like, why do you have to leave your home at all. why not be given birth to, grow all your food, get all your resources under the same roof. already you are reading me describe an utter absurdity and practical impossibility. We explore because our needs can only be met from us going out to search. By nature, man(I mean every right thinking man)is a being of curiosity(very interesting because coincidentally this is the same name given to the Mars rover), and this curiosity may take different forms (hopefully it is driven by the right type of goals). Space exploration has not only been beneficial to man but it has accelerated by leaps and bounds the current development found on earth. From the way we communicate(GPS,phones, internet TV(even thought TV make us more dumb when all we watch is rubbish)) to the materials we have today available for building our houses, making our tools and equipment, cars etc. If these benefits have not reached you in one form or another, then you definitely must be living out of planet earth. Space exploration leads to products which are called spin-offs...and it is these spin-offs that power a lot of companies...because the main space agencies which do real research licence commercial partners to produce items from technologies they(space agencies) have incubated and mastered.

So to move this discussion forward a bit. If you think going to space and exploring new frontiers is a waste of time...your mind is definitely in a sorry state and must be transformed by real studying what this portends for the human race. I am sure such minds would have also said there was no need trying to fly in air or cross large oceans and seas. This is the mind set of those who fail to question the status quo, we are right where we are (backward and happy but yet suffering)because of this same mentality. The human spirit is meant to do great things and untill we stop listening to pastors and Imams, out of fashion professors teaching out of fashion syllabi and fake witch doctors and government propagandists telling us how to think...every development of man will be seen as a waste of time. The laws of nature must be obeyed wheather you like it or not. reform or die. and such reform is never in joining the bandwagon to do what is wrong, because nature by its very design recoils at evil and injustice and ignorance...that is why you can be sure to get uprisings and killings and crime in societies that have defied these eternal laws while those that have tried the most to obey them...reap the fruits.

Exploring space is a necessity, if it is not your point of view, then shut up and fight over your fathers plot of land...one day it wont even be yours.

And to buttress this, do you guys know that Velcro was a "spin of" off of space exploration? The first astronauts needed cloths without fumbling with putting buttons in button holes and viola! Velcro was born. So also were multi-vitamins and fertilizers.

1 Like

Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by ceaser: 8:15pm On Aug 06, 2012
Nebeuwa:

Nope. But the Mayans used their "ancient" mathematics and science to predict the end of the world at 2012. Isn't that as wonderful as going to the sun too? cheesy grin Na wa o. 2012. Time will tell sha.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Ifeanyispace: 9:37pm On Aug 06, 2012
Great feat. Though this is actually the fourth time they will land on Mars but the size of curiosity dwarfs the previous three(one tonne spacecraft) with 17 cameras and plutonium backed power supply, is quite a feat.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by AbuRuqayya1(m): 9:38pm On Aug 06, 2012
How will that affect the price of garri in the market?
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by maigaskiya1: 9:53pm On Aug 06, 2012
SimonAndal: I'm kinda late to posting this story on the Curiosity rover which landed on Mars yesterday.
_

ROVER FACTS
Launched on Nov 26, 2011
Will search for signs of past life
Travelled 204 million kilometres to Mars
Rover dimensions: 3 metres long, 2.8 metres wide
Carrying 10 scientific instruments
Weighs 899 kilograms
Rover size requires new landing system
Primary mission length: 98 weeks
Expected Mars temperatures: -90C to 0C
Mission cost: $2.37 billion
_
Curiosity is the third generation of Mars rovers.
_
This landing will be more nail-biting than previous Mars missions as NASA is testing out a brandnew landing method. Curiosity is much larger and heavier than any of the previous rovers, which used an airbag system to land. Curiosity's size has meant scientists have had to create a new landing method, which they've dubbed sky crane. Here's how it works:

_
3:20pm: Here is a view from inside mission controlat the Spaceflight Operations Facility in Pasadena, California:

_
3:32pm: "Touchdown confirmed". The Spaceflightcontrol room explodes in celebration.
_
3:51pm: US Obama administration science advisor John Holdren says this mission is a huge step forward for planetary exploration. He says the landing was an "incredible performance" with so many systems working together. The answer to the question of whether there was ever any life on Mars will help explain more about us, he says.
_
3:58pm: Here is the first image from Curiosity on Mars. High resolution cameras will later take pictures from the landing site after the after-landing checks:

_
4:01pm: Another image shows the shadow of Curiosity on the surface of Mars:

_
4:25pm: US Obama administration science advisor John Holdren says the landing of Curiosity on Mars was "without a doubtthe most challenging feat of robotics" in US history. He also says:
"We are actually the only country that has landed surface landers on any other planet. But this lander is vastly bigger, vastly more capable much more complicated to bringin. Many new technologieshad to work in perfect succession and perfect synchronisation for this to happen."
_
4:30pm: Pictured earlier, MSL Flight director Keith Comeaux (R) celebrates Curiosity's landing on the red planet:

_
The Curiosity rover has successfully landed on Mars using a first-of-its-kind rocket-powered sky crane landing system.
odas re busy wit discovring we re hear perfectng terorism
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by linearity: 11:03pm On Aug 06, 2012
shymmex:

And what did humanity benefit from the Apollo moon landing of 1969

Just waste of resources!! undecided undecided

I can't believe you said that....Let me give you just ten benefit of NASA and their space explorations...

1. A prototype of the mouse that you used to browse to this site was first conceived by NASA in 1960.
2. Chances are, the ISP you are browsing from is using a Satellite plus think of the hundreds of communications satellites all over the world that make life liveable and comfortable on earth..
3. What about satellites that monitors hurricanes, wildfires, volcanoes, etc and tied to early warning systems that saves life?
4. Nasa research is making is safer to fly in planes and drive on cars.
5. Nasa research is paying off in Cochlear implants that helps the hearing impairs to hear again, by convert speech signals to electrical pulses.
6. Nasa research help in detecting Cataracts, diabetes and possible Alzheimers.
7. Miniature electronics was spare headed by Nasa because this will lead to less bulk they have to carry into space when building the international space station...their research paid off and today...majority of our electronics at home have reduced in size from what they use to be years ago...
8. Techniques used to measure brain activities in NASA pilots are being used today to improve attention spans in children with ADHD.
9. Nasa inspired research have lead to less painful, less scarring and less expensive breast cancer screening..
10. The same technology used in separating solid rocket boosters from the shuttle is being used today as a rescue tool, which quickly cut of debries to free accident victims.

2 Likes

Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by hardbody: 11:08pm On Aug 06, 2012
$tunna:

The rest of the world is boldly going where no one has gone before ...while some people on NL are busy insisting that they have the best view of the sun...if not the only view from the backyard of their Mansion built with Naija's stolen wealth!! lol

who says this will make it to the front page...if it was a note advising all Nigerians living outside of Naija (and as the story often goes on NL all suffering cleaning toilets) to come back to Naija because it's the best place on earth (to be lawless and get away with it!?)...it would shoot to the front page!? abi

When they cry day and night on NL that we should all come back to naija because they the people there are doing so better than the rest of the world...why will they think of exploring other Worlds(?)...see how the way we think is primarily responsible for our lack of sense for adventure and therefore progress?

And your point is
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by pazienza(m): 11:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
Shymex and olodostein,great minds think alike,you guys are just too much. Can't wait to get the views of capuk and rossike on this topic.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Rossikk(m): 12:14am On Aug 07, 2012
pro01: Yet another testament to the unassailable intellectual/mental supremacy of the caucasian race(s) - and to a slightly lesser degree, the Asians. The rest of the world (especially blacks) can only look on in total and permanent vacuity.

I was just counting how long it would take for some brainless lout to post this sort of racist drivel. You must be a complete wastrel and mental midget to utter this garbage. Thankfully, no one here shares your rank stupidity.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Rossikk(m): 12:31am On Aug 07, 2012
Nebeuwa:

But what were the whites doing when the above were developing the initial technologies that led to the present? Weren't they running around in caves? Were would we be if the ancient Africans and Asians hadn't discovered and developed writing, medicine, mining of minerals, the sciences, philosophy, architecture, astronomy, chemistry (chem[/b]istry and al[b]chem[/b]y are actually Greek terms for ''the studies of the blacks''. In those days Greeks, the first Europeans to be civilized, were forbidden from participating in the sciences by their rulers, and those who did were often exiled, or executed for participating in ''foreign mysteries''). See a review of the book Stolen Legacy: Greek Philosophy is Stolen Egyptian Philosophy by George G.M. James

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/32/001.html

[b]'Kem'
was black in the ancient Egyptian language of Medu-Neteru. Egypt itself was called Kemet (black nation) by its people who referred to themselves as Kemmui (the blacks). Even today Igbos refer to pitch blackness as 'kem'. So in the old days al[b]chem[/b]y and [b]chem[/b]istry were ''the studies of the blacks''.

See, what people need to realise is that today's advances are a CULMINATION of thousands of years of painstaking human scientific progress and advancement. Praising whites alone for the current outcomes while denigrating other races is as dumb, thoughtless and ignorant as walking into a car factory when a car is virtually completed, and reserving one's praise solely for the workers seen adding the dazzling paintwork, airbags, rims, stereo, and flashy dashboards, disregarding and denigrating the workers standing around who were responsible for the initial conceptualisation, design, metallurgy, engine, gasket and chassis.

Any assessment of human technological development must be done holistically, and not in the brutish, myopic manner of those who cannot see beyond their immediate noses, much less across millenia.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by freshdew: 3:19am On Aug 07, 2012
No plannet like the earth-specifically made for man.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nobody: 4:43am On Aug 07, 2012
Rossikk:

But what were the whites doing when the above were developing the initial technologies that led to the present? Weren't they running around in caves? Were would we be if the ancient Africans and Asians hadn't discovered and developed writing, medicine, mining of minerals, the sciences, philosophy, architecture, astronomy, chemistry (chem[/b]istry and al[b]chem[/b]y are actually Greek terms for ''the studies of the blacks''. In those days Greeks, the first Europeans to be civilized, were forbidden from participating in the sciences by their rulers, and those who did were often exiled, or executed for participating in ''foreign mysteries''). See a review of the book Stolen Legacy: Greek Philosophy is Stolen Egyptian Philosophy by George G.M. James

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/32/001.html

[b]'Kem'
was black in the ancient Egyptian language of Medu-Neteru. Egypt itself was called Kemet (black nation) by its people who referred to themselves as Kemmui (the blacks). Even today Igbos refer to pitch blackness as 'kem'. So in the old days al[b]chem[/b]y and [b]chem[/b]istry were ''the studies of the blacks''.

See, what people need to realise is that today's advances are a CULMINATION of thousands of years of painstaking human scientific progress and advancement. Praising whites alone for the current outcomes while denigrating other races is as dumb, thoughtless and ignorant as walking into a car factory when a car is virtually completed, and reserving one's praise solely for the workers seen adding the dazzling paintwork, airbags, rims, stereo, and flashy dashboards, disregarding and denigrating the workers standing around who were responsible for the initial conceptualisation, design, metallurgy, engine, gasket and chassis.

Any assessment of human technological development must be done holistically, and not in the brutish, myopic manner of those who cannot see beyond their immediate noses, much less across millenia.
What's your view on curiosity?
Ignore the racists.
Re: NASA Spacecraft "Curiosity" Lands On Mars. Returns Photos Of Martian Landscape. by Nobody: 5:37am On Aug 07, 2012
We are still facing fuel subsidy issues out here o, is Mars for the masses?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device / Internet-enabled Pillow Connects Long-Distance Lovers / Nigeria Will Experience A Lunar Eclipse On Monday, January 21, 2019 - NASRDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.