Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? (17005 Views)

Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test / Samsung Galaxy Note 4 VS Iphone 6 Plus / Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 07, 2012
FOR THIS TO GET TO FRONT PAGE, I NOW BELIEVE NAIRALAND FRONT PAGE IS FOR POSTS DAT WILL GENERATE MORE CLICKING ( INTURN MORE MONEY FOR SEUN) NO MATTER HOW SENSELESS/SENSIBLE D POST IS. SOME POST WILL GET U ANGRY DAT U CANT JUST IGNORE TO RESPOND TO HOW ST.UPID D POST IS. grin KEEP IT UP.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 07, 2012
Blood is THICKER THAN WATER.

I join the AA to say, ''Galaxy S3, berra than Iphone 4s.''
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 07, 2012
Oh Gosh, Not again. sad

I'm not an iphone "fanatic" per se but I will state something here.

What do you want to gain comparing the Galaxy S3 to the iphone 4? Definitely the S3 is gonna win here, duh. undecided

Wait for the iphone 5, then we'll revisit the "Argument". cool
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by texazzpete(m): 7:31pm On Aug 07, 2012
4llerbuntu:

perhaps you want to change it to 4S. cos truthfully, the 4 was a POS!!!! there i said it, oya disprove me! tongue tongue

iPhone 4 a POS?!

Now you're just trolling. On release the iPhone 4 was the best looking phone in the world, it was the thinnest smartphone out there and had a very good camera...only second to the Nokia N8 in imaging capabilities. At that time, iOS had way more apps than Android and the Android market was still left picking up crumbs from the iOS table.
Don't forget the 'Retina Display' which brought screen pixel density as a benchmark to the mainstream.

There WERE the 'antennagate' cases where you could attenuate the signal in some cases by gripping specific points on the phone...but it's not like the Galaxy S was perfect too (with its godawful GPS issues).

I think the iphone 4 was the high water mark for the iPhone...at least compared to Apple's weak effort with the 4S.

Hey, 4llerbuntu, weren't you rocking an ancient Nokia N900 at that time? You know, ancient hardware, resistive screen, paltry apps? grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 07, 2012
Seriously I was about starting a topic that would bring argument like this up but glad I didn't. First I would like to say the person that started this thread is not been fair here. Comparing IPhone 4 and Samsung Galaxy SIII is not a good competition, it's just like comparing a 2010 toyota and 2012 Honda car. We all know that Samsung SIII was released this year and you are comparing with Iphone 4 that was released 2yrs ago, why not compare with the 2011 4S or wait for 2012 Iphone.

I've checked some reviews online regarding the 4S and SIII and I can tell you that most of it ends saying IPhone has a smaller screen compared to the SIII, I have just one question for you all, why should my phone compete with a phone that is almost the size of a Tablet ?The basic reason why phones are made is to make calls, message, read and send email, surf the Internet too. Playing games with your phone is an additional feature and if we know this fact we would understand that if you really need a bigger screen for your game, you can always get an IPad or the Samsung tablet (I don't know it's name) or blackberry Playbook so that you can have a better screen for your game. Having a phone as big as a tablet would only make tablets useless and phone would be serving as Tabs. The reason why I had to write this is for any other commenter to know that the size of a phone's screen would never make the phone better, most especially when you can't even hold with one hand comfortably.

So if you still want to compare IPhone 4s and Samsung SIII please bring it on and tell me what makes SIII better than 4S, am really waiting for replies please
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by erico2k2(m): 8:25pm On Aug 07, 2012
Last poster, the phone is not as big as a tablet,the S111 is a superb phone made for mobile internet, bear in mind it has quad processors, the S11 has two hence it beats the iphone4,its lighter and more earth friendly.The graphics are superb as game images plus browsing xpirience is faster, you can run more app on it than the iphone cos of its many processors
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by DammyFx: 8:28pm On Aug 07, 2012
Iphone is a complete High Quality Package
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by Maleeq(m): 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2012
erico2k2: Last poster, the phone is not as big as a tablet,the S111 is a superb phone made for mobile internet, bear in mind it has quad processors, the S11 has two hence it beats the iphone4,its lighter and more earth friendly.The graphics are superb as game images plus browsing xpirience is faster, you can run more app on it than the iphone cos of its many processors
Number of processors don't necessarily mean better performance. For if the applications you run on it aren't written to utilize these processors, no significant difference between 2 or 4 cores. Its like "giving my grandma a F1-racing car"...she'd never exceed 20mp/h grin

@tex
Funny, I just googled it out. Samsung makes the retina displays for Apple! Imagine this 2 companies o! Courting while at war!!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by texazzpete(m): 8:59pm On Aug 07, 2012
Maleeq:
Number of processors don't necessarily mean better performance. For if the applications you run on it aren't written to utilize these processors, no significant difference between 2 or 4 cores. Its like "giving my grandma a F1-racing car"...she'd never exceed 20mp/h grin

@tex
Funny, I just googled it out. Samsung makes the retina displays for Apple! Imagine this 2 companies o! Courting while at war!!

Samsung's display division is an entirely different division from the mobile devices branch.

If Samsung wants to stay as profitable as they are, they will continue to do all they can to grab the display contracts.

PS: The iPhone Retina display comes from LG, not Samsung. Samsung makes the Retina iPad display for Apple.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 07, 2012
erico2k2: Last poster, the phone is not as big as a tablet,the S111 is a superb phone made for mobile internet, bear in mind it has quad processors, the S11 has two hence it beats the iphone4,its lighter and more earth friendly.The graphics are superb as game images plus browsing xpirience is faster, you can run more app on it than the iphone cos of its many processors
Just tell me what a Samsung would do better than an IPhone 4s, stop speaking grammar. Please consult your YouTube and see what an iPhone can go through and a Samsung wont. What water test, drop test and many more test on YouTube there, when you are done please come back and make comments, the reason why I can't post links here now is cos am browsing with my phone and dont want to exhaust my data, as soon as home Internet is back(IPNX is having prob now) I would include links, and please don't forget that you can manipulate your iPhone to do just anything most especially when jailbroken, Ask Suntemi and Tumababa on NL
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by Ronaldo200(m): 12:33am On Aug 08, 2012
Apple release one phone every year. Since 2007 there has only been five different iPhones. Samsung release plenty of phones each year......we have had the Galaxy Nexus, the Samsung Note, the Galaxy s3.....all high end phones, plus they have plenty of other cheaper handsets. I like both as they are both ground breaking companies, but remember that one same versions the iPhone 4s is still selling like hot cakes (Sold over 23m in the last quarter alone) despite the fact that everyone knows the iPhone 5 is coming. This tells yo that App,e knows what it is doing.
The Galaxy s3 is t
Better than the 4s and it will be interesting to see what Apple respond with in iPhone 5. But I would bet that it would outsell the Galaxy s3 globally.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by ccwizard: 12:33am On Aug 08, 2012
Lots of u don't know anytin abt gadgets. Galaxy S3 is just over hyped n the price keeps droping. Samsung is very good at publicity. Have u ever heard abt lagging? Iphones r unique n wit 512ram dey perform better dan samsungs running on 1gb ram. Browse n see 4 urself b4 making stupid comments. I'll pick an iphone over a samsung anyday.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by kobikwelu(m): 12:50am On Aug 08, 2012
yes

chikena!!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by moonraker(m): 1:22am On Aug 08, 2012
Some guys on this thread dont get it!!!

All na proper marketing. Which is what apple

has going for them even after steve jobs death.

The Galaxy S3 isnt better than the iphone 4 or 4S

put together but like other apple products, Apple corp

has been able to use one feature to sell their products. You doubt me?

Ok Flash back

iphone 4S= Siri

Iphone 4= Retina display

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by clip: 3:42am On Aug 08, 2012
I ve used apple product and Samsung, any day any time I will go for apple product. Yes there are not free to use like other phones but that is the koko. Test apple and you shall ask for more
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 4:46am On Aug 08, 2012
I guess it depends, if you have all Apple Products then use an Iphone

Personally I rock With the GalaxyS3
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 5:48am On Aug 08, 2012
iphone4 is a toy compared to GS3. check thins link http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=3275
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by miketayo(m): 5:50am On Aug 08, 2012
it doesn`t really matter which phone is better...people ll still purchase the iphone 4 more than the Samsung galaxy S3. undecided
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by miketayo(m): 5:59am On Aug 08, 2012
aze: Blood is THICKER THAN WATER.

I join the AA to say, ''Galaxy S3, berra than Iphone 4s.''

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hahahahahahaha what is berra??
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 08, 2012
Mobile Technology Graveyard Paradise a.k.a NOKIA

not part of the discussion here.

Andre Ogara: How to Access Nokia Ovi Store on P.C
http:///bwbZk
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by texazzpete(m): 7:55am On Aug 08, 2012
aze: Mobile Technology Graveyard Paradise a.k.a NOKIA

not part of the discussion here.

is that why the Nokia pureview 808 won 'best in Show' and 'best new device' at the Mobile World Congress 2012?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:05am On Aug 08, 2012
trollololololololololololololololol grin grin grin grin grin

by their fruits, every single one of dem posting here, trolls
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:08am On Aug 08, 2012
texazzpete:

Hey, 4llerbuntu, weren't you rocking an ancient Nokia N900 at that time? You know, ancient hardware, resistive screen, paltry apps? grin

yes i was, AND PLS DO NOT SPEAK BADLY ABT THE N900 OR I WILL HAVE YOUR ARSE!!!! angry angry angry angry

and what paltry apps? a few tweaks and the entire ubuntu repos was available!!!! waddya mean paltry app? dont get me started joor
grin grin grin grin
going to buy that phone again, just for the kicks and memories!!!! bestest fone everrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by Shaw007(m): 8:40am On Aug 08, 2012
sniperwolf: What is iPhone 4? iPhone 4 should be compared to Nokia N8. Galaxy S III is the best smartphone as at date. And I'm pretty sure it will be better than the iPhone 5 too
i seriously do not think so. . For d sake of arguement lets just wait till its released and B.S Iphone4 is 2010,SGS3 is 2012. . Now the SGS3 was d 1st to knock Iphone oUtta top place b4 HTC came out with theirs and took over. . .i really think apple is planning a come-back with their Iphone5 *fingers crossed in waiting*
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by Shaw007(m): 8:44am On Aug 08, 2012
ccwizard: Lots of u don't know anytin abt gadgets. Galaxy S3 is just over hyped n the price keeps droping. Samsung is very good at publicity. Have u ever heard abt lagging? Iphones r unique n wit 512ram dey perform better dan samsungs running on 1gb ram. Browse n see 4 urself b4 making stupid comments. I'll pick an iphone over a samsung anyday.
stop wasting ur time and data saome peepz here. . .its useless argueing with ignorant ppl my friend!!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by kawkab: 11:23am On Aug 08, 2012
Samsung Galaxy SIII should be compared with iPhone 4S, while the Galaxy SII should be compared with iPhone 4.

The main difference between iPhone 4 and Iphone 4S is Siri, the Intelligent personal asssitant.

For a more detailed comparism and analysis I advise that you check www.gsmarena.com
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by Hardballer(m): 1:32pm On Aug 08, 2012
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by Hardballer(m): 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2012
kawkab: Samsung Galaxy SIII should be compared with iPhone 4S, while the Galaxy SII should be compared with iPhone 4.

The main difference between iPhone 4 and Iphone 4S is Siri, the Intelligent personal asssitant.

For a more detailed comparism and analysis I advise that you check www.gsmarena.com
the s3 shd be compapared to the iphone 5 when its out , im sure apple will go all out and not troll people like it did with the 4s , i had a 4 was waiting on the 5 to upgrade but gave into the s3 hype and got that instead and i must say i regret nothing lol , nothing beats apple in os ease of use tho
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 08, 2012
Whatever, I am not going to buy anything from Apple again with their close-mindedness.I know very well with all the super-Amoled screen and the process I am done revisiting iPhone 4s. Indeed, my beef with Apple is that most of simple things become tedious, like trying to delete videos that takes long routine activities before one can save space,etc. It is one annoying product maker despite durability.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs iPhone 4: Which Is Better? by doublej1(m): 6:52am On Aug 09, 2012
tumababa: FOR THIS TO GET TO FRONT PAGE, I NOW BELIEVE NAIRALAND FRONT PAGE IS FOR POSTS DAT WILL GENERATE MORE CLICKING ( INTURN MORE MONEY FOR SEUN) NO MATTER HOW SENSELESS/SENSIBLE D POST IS. SOME POST WILL GET U ANGRY DAT U CANT JUST IGNORE TO RESPOND TO HOW ST.UPID D POST IS. grin KEEP IT UP.
tumbaba, don't you know before. Nairaland is his investment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Glo Blackberry BIS Full Subscription Codes / Java Apps That Run Out Of Memory / Facebook Now Lets You Choose What Happens To Your Account After You Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.