Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes (11877 Views)

Go To Court And Stop Your Silly Distractions, Amaechi Warns Wike... / Breaking News!!! 2 Dead As Rivers Indigenes And Pro Biafra Igbos Clash / FG Will Arrest Amaechi After GEJ's Victory- Wike Boasting Once Upon A Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by OAM4J: 2:43pm On Aug 06, 2012
I will arrest anyone who disturb Muslims in Rivers – Amaechi

The Rivers state Governor and chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has warned that he will arrest anybody or group that disturbs Muslims during worship in the state.

Mr Amaechi, gave the warning while speaking at a Thanksgiving service of the third session synod of church of Nigeria.

He said “Anybody who disturbs the Muslim from worshipping in his mosque here in Rivers State, I will arrest the person. Muslims should be allowed to practice their religion, just as we (Christians) should be allowed to practice our religion anywhere, or in any part of the world.

“As the Chairman of the Nigerian Governors Forum (NGF) what I will preach here is that there is need for peace in the whole country. There is need for peace and how we go about that is for the government to sit with the citizens on how to go about that peace”, he said.

Mr Amaechi added that the NGF will continue to preach peace and unity amongst Christians and Muslims across the country.

He said the church has a great role to play especially through what the church leaders preach to their congregation.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/08/06/i-will-arrest-anyone-who-disturb-muslims-in-rivers-state-amaechi/

5 Likes

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Johndoe100(m): 2:52pm On Aug 06, 2012
I agree, provided the muzzies don't go blowing people up or shooting them in the street. If they start that shit in our state we will hand them their azzes, governor or no governor

2 Likes

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Acidosis(m): 2:53pm On Aug 06, 2012
Good! Simple mathematics.

Whenever an indigene of rivers is murdered in the north, the family would come after you sir, regardless of the immunity/calamity clause.

3 Likes

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Libkid(m): 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2012
Nice one Amaechi bt no go tell dat one give ikwere boiz

1 Like

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Okijajuju1(m): 3:34pm On Aug 06, 2012
I love Amaechi and support this move. I see no reason why Muslims should be harassed in the state as Muslims living in Rivers State have been peaceful and law abiding. Even when they got screwed over on a land deal for their mosque, which was siezed by the Rivers State government, they still never acted a fool.

However, he should warn them to remain law abiding.. The day the first bomb goes off in Rivers State, all bets are off.

4 Likes

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Centinno01: 3:34pm On Aug 06, 2012
And when they bomb churches in Rivers we should be lookin like mumu,okey,we will attack you Apostle Amechi if they attack us,simple

1 Like

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 06, 2012
Simply trying to play to the gallery of the north for his future political ambition.
Otherwise is he telling us in other words he condones the violence against Rivers indegenes up north (because I'm thinking not a few of them have been affected by the madness in the North)?
Apparently he prefers his political aspirations to the welfare/safety of Rivers indegenes up north

3 Likes

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by gidson12(m): 3:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
amaechi there are certain things you just keep your mouth shut on.........has any northern governor ever made a statement that protects the christains on their states? But you wan show say na u holy pass, while your brothers are killed daily by the bokos

18 Likes

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Siga: 3:39pm On Aug 06, 2012
Gov Amaechi....nice one....U are Politically correct but Morally wrong....even in the bible...the children of Israel fought back and in Islam...I believe there is a statement that says, an eye for an eye....so...as u dey warn the youths of Rivers...send similar message to Chief Imam and all our muslim bros to follow suit....
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Okijajuju1(m): 3:39pm On Aug 06, 2012
gidson12: amaechi there are certain things you just keep your mouth shut on.........has any northern governor ever made a statement that protects the christains on their states? But you wan show say na u holy pass, while your brothers are killed daily by the bokos

You need to shut the fhcuk up!!

Just because the Northern Governors havent said similar dosent mean he shouldnt do what is right!

Just because certain people behave like animals dosent mean we should condesend and also start behaving like animals as well.

9 Likes

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2012
OAM4J: I will arrest anyone who disturb Muslims in Rivers – Amaechi

The Rivers state Governor and chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has warned that he will arrest anybody or group that disturbs Muslims during worship in the state.

Mr Amaechi, gave the warning while speaking at a Thanksgiving service of the third session synod of church of Nigeria.

He said “Anybody who disturbs the Muslim from worshipping in his mosque here in Rivers State, I will arrest the person. Muslims should be allowed to practice their religion, just as we (Christians) should be allowed to practice our religion anywhere, or in any part of the world.

“As the Chairman of the Nigerian Governors Forum (NGF) what I will preach here is that there is need for peace in the whole country. There is need for peace and how we go about that is for the government to sit with the citizens on how to go about that peace”, he said.

Mr Amaechi added that the NGF will continue to preach peace and unity amongst Christians and Muslims across the country.

He said the church has a great role to play especially through what the church leaders preach to their congregation.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/08/06/i-will-arrest-anyone-who-disturb-muslims-in-rivers-state-amaechi/

Mr Amechi..try carrying and exposing your bible in the street of kabul,tehran or even saudi arabia.

2 Likes

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by gidson12(m): 3:41pm On Aug 06, 2012
Okija_juju:

Just because the Northern Governors havent said similar dosent mean he shouldnt do what is right!

Just because certain people behave like animals dosent mean we should condesend and also start behaving like animals as well.

Who is this dog?........

6 Likes

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by asha80(m): 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2012
are you sure there are rivers indigenes up north?i seem to have this belief that they hardly travel outside the state.even amechi once said the average rivers indigene could not survive outside rivers.
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Okijajuju1(m): 3:43pm On Aug 06, 2012
gidson12:
Who is this dog?........

The same one that just pissed all over your filthy mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by proudlyafrican(m): 3:44pm On Aug 06, 2012
Libkid: Nice one Amaechi bt no go tell dat one give ikwere boiz

Please don`t potray the Ikwerre boys as bad,we are peace loving people and accomodating. Thank you Bros.
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Siga: 3:45pm On Aug 06, 2012
gidson12:
Who is this dog?........
Okija_juju:

Guys...I beg now...lets be civil and have a very informative discussion...fighting wont amount to anything...remember...we all need to learn from one another...tx in advance
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Lordave: 3:46pm On Aug 06, 2012
I'm yet to see a northern governor make such declaration in defence of Christians during xmas.

1 Like

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by alaoeri: 3:47pm On Aug 06, 2012
Nice one governor vice president awaits u.
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by graluxxy054(f): 3:48pm On Aug 06, 2012
Mitcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew. Who wud disturb who? Rubbish. Northern leaders shud d once to tell dia unruly muslim followers nt 2disturb xtians

1 Like

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by proudlyafrican(m): 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2012
asha 80: are you sure there are rivers indigenes up north?i seem to have this belief that they hardly travel outside the state.even amechi once said the average rivers indigene could not survive outside rivers.

Bros it is not true,i am a Rivers man and have lived all my life in Lagos and i have Brothers,sisters and other Rivers indigenes who have also lived the good part of their life outside the State and we are doing well.Please don`t judge from far get close,investigate and possibly ask before you believe. Thanks Bros.
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by gidson12(m): 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2012
Okija_juju:

no...no, u pissed right into ur papa's disgusting mouth, now I'm done with you, you can go play with ur erected willy somewhere.......filty hog

1 Like

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by passionate88: 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2012
gbosaa:

Mr Amechi..try carrying and exposing your bible in the street of kabul,tehran or even saudi arabia.

forget the guy talk, make fulani kill him brother for ubima make we see wether him go still dey form saint..

3 Likes

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Siga: 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2012
passionate88:

forget the guy talk, make fulani kill him brother for ubima make we see wether him go still dey form saint..

Ahhh...those fulanis...na another levels those ones dey...u fit kill dem pikin....dem no go worry....but kill dem maalu (cow)....u are in for trouble... grin

3 Likes

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by jenny2007(f): 3:53pm On Aug 06, 2012
Johndoe100: I agree, provided the muzzies don't go blowing people up or shooting them in the street. If they start that shit in our state we will hand them their azzes, governor or no governor
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by adorebee(f): 3:54pm On Aug 06, 2012
Okija_juju: I love Amaechi and support this move. I see no reason why Muslims should be harassed in the state as Muslims living in Rivers State have been peaceful and law abiding. Even when they got screwed over on a land deal for their mosque, which was siezed by the Rivers State government, they still never acted a fool.

However, he should warn them to remain law abiding.. The day the first bomb goes off in Rivers State, all bets are off.

Did you just hear yourself?The muslims have been law abiding?as if they ve another option.ofcourse they dont, cos they re in a Non- Islam/Southern territory.So u mean to tell us that the innocent soul burnt in the north were law defaulters?.Obviously,the Gov is doing what should be rightly done as a leader.Dont be surprised,he might be dangerous behind the Scene

5 Likes

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by chii8(f): 3:59pm On Aug 06, 2012
Nice talk bt he shld v been bit realistic
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Dandas: 4:01pm On Aug 06, 2012
Oh1,Amechi because u want to be Vice President come 2015?,while your brothers and sisters are being massacred in the North.Selfish Politician!.Why cant you boldly talk bad about Boko Haram or tell the man you want to be his vice presidential aspirant that they should stop boko haram.They are killing the innocent Nigeria especially the sourtherners and scuttling your brother(GEJ) administration,you are there positioning yourself for Vice presidential post.Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by ebamma(m): 4:01pm On Aug 06, 2012
im waiting for a muslim governor to do the same
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by frgy1: 4:03pm On Aug 06, 2012
StarBoard: Simply trying to play to the gallery of the north for his future political ambition.
Otherwise is he telling us in other words he condones the violence against Rivers indegenes up north (because I'm thinking not a few of them have been affected by the madness in the North)?
Apparently he prefers his political aspirations to the welfare/safety of Rivers indegenes up north
So how does allowing retaliation in Rivers protect its citizens up north ? undecided
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Acidosis(m): 4:04pm On Aug 06, 2012
gidson12: amaechi there are certain things you just keep your mouth shut on.........has any northern governor ever made a statement that protects the christains on their states? But you wan show say na u holy pass, while your brothers are killed daily by the bokos

u dey mind am? Na only talk-talk e sabi. . And the way he talks (his accent) is very embarrasing.

2 Likes

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2012
Okija_juju:

gidson12:
Who is this dog?........
One loud silly contract staff in Total well-known for talking rubbish.
proudlyafrican: [b][/b]

Please don`t potray the Ikwerre boys as bad,we are peace loving people and accomodating. Thank you Bros.
There is a difference between being peace loving and docile.Ikwerre people are loud-mouthed but full of hot air.
Some of the rubbish he feeds them amounts to forced MouthAction and they accept without any objections on their hands and knees.

1 Like

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 06, 2012
frgy_:
So how does allowing retaliation in Rivers protect its citizens up north ? undecided

Reading this comments makes me want to sum up Rivers people in one word: dumb.But I won't because there are a few redeeming people i've encountered.
So I won't bother respond to this insane question
If you don't know what message retaliation sends to your molestors, you're either an infant or a fool.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

70% Nigerians Want Saraki To Resign Over Corruption Trial - Poll (Stats) / Lagos: APC Wins Bariga Councillorship By-election / Sultan Hails Buhari’s Re-election, Urges Atiku To Accept Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.