Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,999 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes (11875 Views)

Go To Court And Stop Your Silly Distractions, Amaechi Warns Wike... / Breaking News!!! 2 Dead As Rivers Indigenes And Pro Biafra Igbos Clash / FG Will Arrest Amaechi After GEJ's Victory- Wike Boasting Once Upon A Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by mrperfect(m): 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2012
I think he saying what he should say as the governor the state.
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Chanchit: 4:17pm On Aug 06, 2012
This news only show where the problem of Nigeria is truely coming from, if the northern governors too could come out and say things like this this country would be a peaceful place to live, but its the other way round, cos they are the one sponsoring the violence... Bt i like what gov't Amaechi said, because some people r behaving like animal does not mean you should also behave like one...
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by aaniagu(m): 4:24pm On Aug 06, 2012
One day the boko haram will attack rivers. If ameachi is bold enough he should condemn boko haram publicly. Nonsense,BH are coming south ward soon if notin is done about it
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Okijajuju1(m): 4:25pm On Aug 06, 2012
gidson12:
no...no, u pissed right into ur papa's disgusting mouth, now I'm done with you, you can go play with ur erected willy somewhere.......filty hog

Its easy to mention my father seeing as you were born to a minimum wage harlot who still thinks you were concieved through the b'low job she gave truck drivers at Apapa port.

Dont worry, you will die fatherless and your mother will prolly die of AIDS.
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by hotwax: 4:26pm On Aug 06, 2012
It would have been great if fellow northern governors can emulate this.
But they can, some of them are even sponsoring boko-hram.
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Patsey: 4:27pm On Aug 06, 2012
In the name of peace, this should be reciprocated in all States of the Nigerian federation.
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by nduchucks: 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2012
Alhamdulillah. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Tittos: 4:35pm On Aug 06, 2012
Very political statement.....
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by EMPERORZIMUS: 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
Now these is a response and its sounds like action. Y can't president gudluck,buhari,babangida and atiku join mouths togeda in telling boko haram same fin...GOD BLESS NIGERIA
OAM4J: I will arrest anyone who disturb Muslims in Rivers – Amaechi

The Rivers state Governor and chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has warned that he will arrest anybody or group that disturbs Muslims during worship in the state.

Mr Amaechi, gave the warning while speaking at a Thanksgiving service of the third session synod of church of Nigeria.

He said “Anybody who disturbs the Muslim from worshipping in his mosque here in Rivers State, I will arrest the person. Muslims should be allowed to practice their religion, just as we (Christians) should be allowed to practice our religion anywhere, or in any part of the world.

“As the Chairman of the Nigerian Governors Forum (NGF) what I will preach here is that there is need for peace in the whole country. There is need for peace and how we go about that is for the government to sit with the citizens on how to go about that peace”, he said.

Mr Amaechi added that the NGF will continue to preach peace and unity amongst Christians and Muslims across the country.

He said the church has a great role to play especially through what the church leaders preach to their congregation.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/08/06/i-will-arrest-anyone-who-disturb-muslims-in-rivers-state-amaechi/
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by nyabingi(m): 4:40pm On Aug 06, 2012
Abeg don't criticize amechi,rather read the meanings in the statements he has made its more like "We will not kill your people but make sure my people are also not killed in your domain otherwise...

1 Like

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by frgy1: 4:51pm On Aug 06, 2012
StarBoard:

Reading this comments makes me want to sum up Rivers people in one word: dumb.But I won't because there are a few redeeming people i've encountered.
So I won't bother respond to this insane question
If you don't know what message retaliation sends to your molestors, you're either an infant or a fool.

LOL , so you really believe that retaliation will stop the killings in the north.
Go grab some ammo then , save some river's citizens up north.
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by proudlyafrican(m): 4:55pm On Aug 06, 2012
StarBoard:

One loud silly contract staff in Total well-known for talking rubbish.

There is a difference between being peace loving and docile.Ikwerre people are loud-mouthed but full of hot air.
Some of the rubbish he feeds them amounts to forced MouthAction and they accept without any objections on their hands and knees.

Bro as an Ikwerre man,i love good and constructive criticism. I will appreciate if you can back your claims with facts that the Ikwerre people are docile and accept the Governors policies without objection and not just writing what springs out of your head.If you know the Ikwerre people;you will understand that they are people of resilience and objectivity.So i will suggest that you look at the Ikwerre people objectively.By the way i am an Ikwerre man what State are you from? The Governor has done well to voice his view and position on religious tolerance,unlike our Notheren Governors.Those who castigating the Governor and calling for retaliation when a christian is killed in the North are still young at heart,violence can in no way right the wrongs but using any means necessary devoid of violence will bring lasting peace.We must learn how to tolerate each other irrespective of our differences and that is what Rivers people are known for,peace loving and accomodating.

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Chyz2: 4:57pm On Aug 06, 2012
Always the Igbo man that has to protect by all means the devils that have been killing his brothera all along. He makes this statement even after seeing that no northern governor has ever made such statements again muslims.
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Okijajuju1(m): 4:58pm On Aug 06, 2012
frgy_:

LOL , so you really believe that retaliation will stop the killings in the north.
Go grab some ammo then , save some river's citizens up north.

Dont listen to biitch niggas..

All these punks are quick to shout retaliationn but when once the first gun shot pops off in the resultant war, they will be on the first canoe out of town.

Whats sadest is that the Niggas down south are pro life. They are not as dedicated as those cattlefuckers up North.. A Cattlefucker is ready and willing to die for any useless cause as long as his 72 virgins are guaranteed to him in paradise. The Southener is not ready to die to save even his own mother despite the Fact that Jesus has already promised us Duplexes in heaven built on streets paved with gold..

Let that little punk keep advocating retaliation. I dont see whats stopping him from picking up a dagger, bow& arrow or a gun and entering the next Chisco to jos and start killing towelheads..

1 Like

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Parnassuss(m): 4:58pm On Aug 06, 2012
StarBoard: Simply trying to play to the gallery of the north for his future political ambition.
Otherwise is he telling us in other words he condones the violence against Rivers indegenes up north (because I'm thinking not a few of them have been affected by the madness in the North)?
Apparently he prefers his political aspirations to the welfare/safety of Rivers indegenes up north

MY GUY!!! How does warning people of violence increase the risk of violence? Which kind of base rhetoric are u dropping now, so does retaliatory killings in the south bring the dead up in the north? Abeg let's encourage such though I want to see action not mere words. A leader is supposed to have his eye on the big picture @ all times and Rotimi just showed demonstrated dat.
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by kettykin: 4:58pm On Aug 06, 2012
What he is simply saying is that Hausa/Fulani and other muslims inluding Boko Haram are all welcome and should feel at hom in River State
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by chrisxxx(m): 4:59pm On Aug 06, 2012
People do not read in between lines in replying speeches. Amaechi said Muslims in Rivers State should not be harassed. Yes because some southerners are also Muslims including Rivers people. Secondly, note that any Hausaman you see in the south is an enlightened one who does not support the dastardly act going on in the north. The Hausamen in the south, most, feel nigerian and sociable. Please and please leave them out of this palaver. Some are even ostracized because they are not in support of the crude and primordial actions of their kins.
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Okijajuju1(m): 5:03pm On Aug 06, 2012
StarBoard:

One loud silly contract staff in Total well-known for talking rubbish.

I am glad you know who I am.. This is the first time I am notcing your existence and sadly, I caught you in my rear view mirror. Keep riding my diick you fa'ggot, I'm way outta your reach..
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by FindOut(m): 5:08pm On Aug 06, 2012
adorebee:

Did you just hear yourself?The muslims have been law abiding?as if they ve another option.ofcourse they dont, cos they re in a Non- Islam/Southern territory.So u mean to tell us that the innocent soul burnt in the north were law defaulters?.Obviously,the Gov is doing what should be rightly done as a leader.Dont be surprised,he might be dangerous behind the Scene

so all muslims in the north are violent abi? Or violence is the exclusive preserve of a particular religion? Or all violent people are muslims? How do you reason?
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by FindOut(m): 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2012
ebamma: im waiting for a muslim governor to do the same

Continue waiting. You can also say none of them has come out to denounce/speak against bokoharam. Na ur cup of tea.

Even on NL here, on threads where muslim leaders condemn bokoharam and the violence, you find such threads mysteriously empty, nobody commenting, or a few sarcastic comments here and there. Then the next day, another thread will spring up asking why muslim leaders have not condemned bokoharam.

Smh at the hypocrisy of soo many people. Its not hard to figure out why the country was soo screwe.d up even before the emergence of bokoharam.
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by FindOut(m): 5:24pm On Aug 06, 2012
chrisxxx: People do not read in between lines in replying speeches. Amaechi said Muslims in Rivers State should not be harassed. Yes because some southerners are also Muslims including Rivers people. Secondly, note that any Hausaman you see in the south is an enlightened one who does not support the dastardly act going on in the north. The Hausamen in the south, most, feel nigerian and sociable. Please and please leave them out of this palaver. Some are even ostracized because they are not in support of the crude and primordial actions of their kins.

thank you jare. My brother, i tell you, even in the north, bokoharam isnt enjoying much support from the people contrary to what the media and the ineffective lousy SSS will have us believe. Even the muslims in the north are under seige. These guys dont respect muslims, dont respect the holy month of ramadan, as in they DONT GIVE A DAMN.

The ONLY reason why they havent bombed mosques is simple for the unbiased and discerning : they simply want to pit muslims against xtians. Period!!! One would think that educated and exposed Nigerians could see through this thin smokescreen but no, the hatred for islam, hypocrisy and brain laziness has beclouded all reasoning.

Even in the north, a lot of muslim families already have xtians in them, either thru marriage or conversion, and vice versa. How many ordinary people have been seen jubilating when a church was burnt, or seen declaring solidarity with bokoharam?

Its funny how people still choose to believe them when they say they are fighting for islam & for islamzation of the country. Now they said GEJ should become a muslim AND resign and sm1 still believes such statement comes from a rational mind. The truth is gradually coming to light tho.

Quote all the taken out of context verses in the Quran but remember that there's a verse that EXPLICITLY states that there is NO compulsion in religion.

2 Likes

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by pazienza(m): 5:33pm On Aug 06, 2012
Wow! Gidson is back,dude where have you been?
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by maasoap(m): 5:35pm On Aug 06, 2012
Okija_juju: I love Amaechi and support this move. I see no reason why Muslims should be harassed in the state as Muslims living in Rivers State have been peaceful and law abiding. Even when they got screwed over on a land deal for their mosque, which was siezed by the Rivers State government, they still never acted a fool.

However, he should warn them to remain law abiding.. The day the first bomb goes off in Rivers State, all bets are off.

Product of a sick society. Just read your submission again and tell me that something is wrong with you. You keep on cheating Muslims and threatening them, and want them to be law abiding. I served in Bori town in Rivers State and as I am typing this, the community people have taken the Muslims to court over the issue of land upon which their mosque was built. they simply want to take the land back. And this is how it is in virtually the entire South South and South East. Sorry country with sorry people, from Boko guys to internet deluded with stunted way of reasoning.
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by pazienza(m): 5:38pm On Aug 06, 2012
Chyz*:
Always the Igbo man that has to protect by all means the devils that have been killing his brothera all along. He makes this statement even after seeing that no northern governor has ever made such statements again muslims.

Abegi, Amaechi is an ikwerre man,or better still,a rivers man. When the time is right,we would treat him as such.
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by lacasa: 5:41pm On Aug 06, 2012
Give credit where credit is due

I Salute Amaechi fσr taking a stand

Kudos Sir. smiley
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by FindOut(m): 5:51pm On Aug 06, 2012
maasoap: Product of a sick society. Just read your submission again and tell me that something is wrong with you. You keep on cheating Muslims and threatening them, and want them to be law abiding. I served in Bori town in Rivers State and as I am typing this, the community people have taken the Muslims to court over the issue of land upon which their mosque was built. they simply want to take the land back. And this is how it is in virtually the entire South South and South East. Sorry country with sorry people, from Boko guys to internet deluded with stunted way of reasoning.

shey you see now? later som1 will come up and paint a picture of how religiously TOLERANT xtians are.

The two religions preach tolerance, thats the simple truth. Contrary to what many believe, islam actually makes religious tolerance MANDATORY for every muslim. But like i've said before, most of us are hypocrites, if we all follow the dictates of our different religions to the letter, there wont be problems, bokoharam would have just been a pipe dream, killed right after it surfaces due our co-operation. Its still not too late.

Its simple, There is unity in diversity. United we stand, divided we fall.

In a part of the Qur'an, Allah says:
"If Allah willed, He would have made you one nation (religion) but that He may test you in what He has given you. So strive (as in a race) in good deeds."

My people, if you like keep hating on each other, na our good deeds go carry us enter paradise. Be pretending to be holy while casting aspersions on another's religion, Be twisting facts to suit selfish purposes, Be bombing churches so u can cause divison in the land, Be opening your mouth to say somebody MUST convert to Islam/christianity b4 he enters paradise, God is watching you, and is well acquainted with all that we do.

2 Likes

Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by pembisco(m): 5:52pm On Aug 06, 2012
Amaechi! U ar an embecile nd a disgrace 2 xtianity! U betray ur felo xtians jst because wnt 2 clear d bush in ur political road! Nonsence!
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by Chyz2: 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2012
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by FindOut(m): 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2012
pembisco: Amaechi! U ar an embecile nd a disgrace 2 xtianity! U betray ur felo xtians jst because wnt 2 clear d bush in ur political road! Nonsence!

For not supporting his action, I think you should look into the mirror to really see who the disgrace to xtianity is. Ask yourself this question, if Jesus Christ was alive, would he support Amaechi's action or not?
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by FindOut(m): 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2012
pembisco: Amaechi! U ar an embecile nd a disgrace 2 xtianity! U betray ur felo xtians jst because wnt 2 clear d bush in ur political road! Nonsence!
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by pembisco(m): 5:56pm On Aug 06, 2012
Shatap ther! Allah is an idol,no bring dt satanic name here![quote author=Find Out!]

shey you see now? later som1 will come up and paint a picture of how religiously TOLERANT xtians are.

The two religions preach tolerance, thats the simple truth. Contrary to what many believe, islam actually makes religious tolerance MANDATORY for every muslim. But like i've said before, most of us are hypocrites, if we all follow the dictates of our different religions to the letter, there wont be problems, bokoharam would have just been a pipe dream, killed right after it
Re: Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes by size38: 5:57pm On Aug 06, 2012
Yes, what Amechi said is what any right thinking leader will always say. But that does not mean that if the muslims in the state try to disturb any part of the state, that the indigens wont react immediately. I trust my rivers people for sure. Here in rivers state, there is no kind of voilence we have not seen. They should be warned

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Umahi Suspends Jacinta Nworie, Special Adviser / Ondo Election: Police Deploy 22 Armoured Vehicles, 20 Gunboats, 2 Helicopters / APC Planning To Disrupt Our Convention – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.