Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,885 members, 7,824,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Php Nigeria Conference (just Ended) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Php Nigeria Conference (just Ended) (1067 Views)

25 Quotes From Blogging Experts At West Africa Bloggers Conference / The West Africa Bloggers Conference 2015 Starts Today / Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Php Nigeria Conference (just Ended) by A2J(m): 5:54am On Dec 18, 2007
Just wondering if anyone attend the just concluded PHP Nigeria Conference at Ikeja, i will love to meet and get to know you guyz as i wasnt chanced to wait behind for the interaction session
Re: Php Nigeria Conference (just Ended) by segebee(m): 10:41am On Dec 18, 2007
i attended and it was wow!

id love to meet u

i think zend is too expensive bt i gained a lot

i wish i had met the girl who asked that dragnet question, funmi i think

why are programmers like me introverts embarassed
Re: Php Nigeria Conference (just Ended) by webemerald(m): 10:53am On Dec 18, 2007
i also missed it, what a shame, could you share your notes with us or any other particular info of interest.

thanks
Re: Php Nigeria Conference (just Ended) by segebee(m): 11:13am On Dec 18, 2007
One of the points was that you must ajaxify your website

comment codes, use standards etc

got there late, those in who were around in d morning pls share

Brought to you by:

Business databse
www.infodbase..com
Re: Php Nigeria Conference (just Ended) by my2cents(m): 12:26pm On Dec 18, 2007
One of the points was that you must ajaxify your website

Wow! I used the term, "ajaxify" about a year ago on this forum and didn't know others were probably using it as well tongue:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-18901.0.html

As far as "ajaxifying" goes, especially within the Nigeria context where internet speeds are slow (refer to my posts on how frustrating it was, even from home, to browse the internet in Nigeria), ajax makes perfect sense. I really appreciated ajax when I accessed my email from Nigeria - it has an ajax interface that would enable me to read/delete/reply emails without having to wait for eternity for a new page to load.
Re: Php Nigeria Conference (just Ended) by webemerald(m): 3:06pm On Dec 18, 2007
It seems everywhere you turn nowadays ,the word ajax pops up, it seems to be the future, id better get in on the train.
How does one start with this ajax thingy.

Hope my background in html and php will help or is this a new markup language altogether.

ciao.
Re: Php Nigeria Conference (just Ended) by webguru(m): 5:08pm On Dec 18, 2007
Ajax is just jscript wt xml

like we were told at yesterday's seminar, if u're using php and nt usin jscript
u're missing a lot, because they're alike

my2cents how did ajax specifically help; on yahoo beta?
Re: Php Nigeria Conference (just Ended) by my2cents(m): 5:31pm On Dec 18, 2007
I actually use a paid web client to check my mails (bellsouth.net - part of my DSL service at home). The interface is sort of like google's. I have an option of going "classic" or "new".

With classic, it's the regular email service where you click, wait for the page to load, read your email, reply (waiting for page to load), etc.

With new, you get all your mails on the first page. You click the checkbox and you see your email in a separate pane. Only if you want to reply or forward that you get a pop up page.

For someone like me who gets at least 100 non-spam emails a day, when in Nigeria, I had to figure out a way to maximize my 1 hour. All things being equal, I could check all 100 or so emails (including replying/forwarding) in 15 minutes or less. But from my experience, it was a whole new ballpark. So the only way I could get to check/respond to at least 10 emails was to use the "classic" view. Waiting for a new page to load probably would have led me to commit suicide, literally tongue
Re: Php Nigeria Conference (just Ended) by A2J(m): 1:44am On Dec 19, 2007
segebee:

i attended and it was wow!

id love to meet u

i think zend is too expensive bt i gained a lot

i wish i had met the girl who asked that dragnet question, funmi i think

why are programmers like me introverts embarassed

You are right segebee, the conference was a bomb and am glad to be part of this new and promising thing (Nigeria PHP User Group).

I didnt wait for interaction, i would sure love to meet the girl too, she is kool, maybe you will have your chance again next year segebee. grin

To others that didnt attend, i will say you didnt miss much is its just a first edition, it will start proper next year when there will be Reality TV show for PHP users, Code Contest, haba,am not tabion, they will give the info themselve o.

The co-owner (i think) of InvestorDelight - Ponle - talked about Mashups which i found very interesting and i took real interest in his ideas he shared and am planning on working on some of the areas,thats my reason of travelling to my village to let me brain relax and think good as you just cant seems to think good here in lagos with PHCN, extreme daily heat weather, unending traffic holdups, your brain just cant work to its potential height.

I will like to meet you too segebee, you stay in lagos? my email and phone is: me@a2j-godfather.com 07038327370

Holla guys
Re: Php Nigeria Conference (just Ended) by webguru(m): 4:02pm On Dec 19, 2007
missed d mash-ups stuff

came late, can u expatiate

thot i saw seun there

i stay in lagos

segebee1@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Php Nigeria Conference (just Ended) by ThePhantom(m): 9:17pm On Dec 21, 2007
Did anyone Vblog the event. Wish I could have been there.
Re: Php Nigeria Conference (just Ended) by niyyie(m): 5:42pm On Dec 22, 2007
I never heard about this event. Insufficient publicity.

(1) (Reply)

Interswitch Help / Banks that Recently Disabled Interswitch Cards For Internet Use / How Do I Add Google Search To My Forum?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.