Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Banks that Recently Disabled Interswitch Cards For Internet Use - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Banks that Recently Disabled Interswitch Cards For Internet Use (1065 Views)

Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria / Nigerian Banks That Accept Google Adsense Earnings Through Savings Account? / Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banks that Recently Disabled Interswitch Cards For Internet Use by ownedbyme: 12:32am On Oct 06, 2008
We run eCommerce and have recently prepared our merchant application to enable interswitch Webpay on our site, now the only thing remaining is just to pay the 150k and get activated but I heard a disturbing news  that the following banks have disabled the use of their cards for online purchases. dew to scam problem.

•UBA
•First Bank
•Oceanic Bank
•Access Bank
•Intercontinental Bank
•Diamond Bank

Is this true or just rumor?

Have you ever received a ‘Restricted Card’ error message while trying to pay for goods or services online using ATM cards issued by the above listed banks?

Also merchants please help me to confirm this; has your customers complained about shopping on your website with ATM cards issued by the above listed banks?

I will appreciate your kindest responds on this before going to pay that huge activation fee.

Cheers
Re: Banks that Recently Disabled Interswitch Cards For Internet Use by ownedbyme: 6:12pm On Oct 07, 2008
Thank you godzilla08 for sharing your experience.

Please nairalanders share your experience from using those Cards online.
Re: Banks that Recently Disabled Interswitch Cards For Internet Use by WebMonk(m): 6:23pm On Oct 07, 2008
ownedbyme:

Please nairalanders share experience from using those Cards online.

Very true. Most of the banks did this because they were the sitting ducks whenever people took action. Interswitch is simply a link between you and the bank, and until there's a better line of defense, i can't see them reactivating them anytime soon. but rest assured, when they do reactivate, it would be much harder to conduct online fraud. There are solutions, but it will take time.
Re: Banks that Recently Disabled Interswitch Cards For Internet Use by ownedbyme: 12:05am On Oct 17, 2008
When will things start working in this naija self? cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of An Interswitch Enable Website / Hypernigeria Forum / How Do I Add Google Search To My Forum?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.