Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

The Gift Of A Good Man - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Gift Of A Good Man (15276 Views)

The Gift Of Crabs: A Very Short Story / The Gift Of A Name / The Gift Of The Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Zhul001(m): 5:34am On Aug 12, 2012
Good men, are all over......you making me feel like,i shuld have been a woman,chai! But i love it been a guy.......though am not ready 4 anigurl to snap me up now...spend all my time inside my house....nevertheless ur writeup makesense,,,,,,keep it up
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by 7footre(m): 8:16am On Aug 12, 2012
Be patient ma dear jesus is coming soon! For he is the good man
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by safeLove(f): 8:23am On Aug 12, 2012
bukatyne: u guessed wrong, guess again! i wonder y u guys are reactin to my post, is d quality of men in nigeria so low

You will be shocked to know how low self esteemed some Nigerian men could be atimes,especially these faceless ones on NL.
This article/write up by OP is beautiful and inspiring to anyone who hopes to have happy married life. Just by identifying with it or even being honest enough to admit that all that has been written could be possible makes you a "good man"..
Pls grow up guys.

2 Likes

Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by stint(m): 10:26am On Aug 12, 2012
Bobbysworld28: @stint. You can't do more than U̶̲̥̅̊я brain... We understand. The write is beyond U̶̲̥̅̊я comprehension... Again we understand.
Y u hv 2 advertise U̶̲̥̅̊я ineptitude beggars belief... Dt we don't understand...
Maybe whn u grow up ... We'll understand
Maybe when you grow up you'll learn how to express yourself without insulting other people for their opinion
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by stint(m): 10:30am On Aug 12, 2012
bukatyne: the fact u don't believe doesn't mean it doesn't exist! don't worry, i know by God's grace my marriage ll be wonderful! i believe it, pray towards it and work towards it. my guy is not perfect but he is the perfect one for me! cheers!
may it be unto you according to your faith.
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by stint(m): 10:47am On Aug 12, 2012
bukatyne: u guessed wrong, guess again! i wonder y u guys are reactin to my post, is d quality of men in nigeria so low
Don't be a racist .I hate racists so forgive me for being a realist and not self deluded like you. no offence .apologies .
may it be unto you according to your faith .
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by stint(m): 10:52am On Aug 12, 2012
Don't be a racist .I hate racists so forgive me for being a realist and not self deluded like you. no offence .apologies .
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by faithego(f): 11:03am On Aug 12, 2012
Nice one girl,i believe der ar a thousand n one good me in d world,jst as they are good ladies,n dey can only b discoverd in christ
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 12, 2012
We all know that the good man is never appreciated. Even when women meet such a man their first thought will be how to drive the man nuts. the thug on the other hand gets all the love, respect and the attention. For us here in this country its all about the money as long as he has it and is ready to spend it he is a good man hell he could be Lucifer complete with the horns and the pitchfork as long as he has money he is definitely a good man
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 12, 2012
@op nice write up. Same to the men don't give up on the good girls, there are still some good girls out there as well as good guys. Stop generalizing not all men or women are the same,don't let your past experiences or that of your friends make you take decisions that will hurt your future,everything happens for a reason. With Gods help we shall find the good ones and have long lasting and happy marriages/relationships. Amen.

1 Like

Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by emmax2alfa: 1:38pm On Aug 12, 2012
Hello TemiBalrog,
That was an execellent and inspirational piece you got there. I feel really blessed by that right-up.Its talking directly to me and am really grateful u decided to share,thanks a great deal and God bless u.

More of that please.

2 Likes

Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by bukatyne(f): 2:35pm On Aug 12, 2012
stint:

racist? self deduled? and u got all that from my posts?
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 12, 2012
TemiBalrog: This is an Ode to a good man and the woman perceptive enough to discern him, for though he is about the best thing that might happen to you after salvation, sometimes, he is a subtle miracle…. One that could be missed!

I don’t know where you are in your journey of love, but babe, am dropping by to tell you not to give up on a good man, if you’ve found one. If you are not in a relationship, hang in there, your man is right on the way. If you are in one or even married, and you know God’s given you a truly good man, regardless of the broken places of his life, please choose to love him and stick with him… It would matter more as life comes along!
May your heart be full of light to tell when a gift has landed in your life and never to walk away from a sheer miracle!

My eyes are misty right now *sigh*… A good man is a gift only a good God can bring!

A good man is a shelter from the storm. He will shield you from the hard things of life. He will stand with you when rough times show up, he will work hard to see that he takes the blows and keeps you untouched or relatively so, when the midnight moment knocks on your door. You will need him so bad, you will be glad you said yes to him when these times show up, because they will, sweetheart, they will. He won’t turn to the other side of the bed, when he hears your gentle sob at past one a.m.

A good man is a knight in the night. On the day when the world looks bleak and despair grips your heart, he will be your answer, lift your burden and show you a better day. He might not have all you want, but he would be who you need. He will brighten your face with his smile, lighten your soul’s candle, and bring some sunshine to your darkest moments. He will make you laugh through your tears, because he is your friend!

A good man is the applause at your orchestra. When your dreams begin to take shape, small yet real, he would be beside you, believing in the unseen. He will stay awake with you, in the quiet of the night, planning and praying about that big move. He is the wind under your wings, a pat on your back and a push from behind. He won’t compete with you, or shrink in the face of your success, because you are his baby and he stands tall in his own calling.

A good man is fire in your bed. He will love you and love your body, because there is only you. He won’t ravage your womanhood like a predator, squandering your soul with selfish sex that leaves you worse than the last time. He will gather you gently into his arms and reach for your being, together into realms of intimacy where words lose their voice. He will delight in you and find your rhythm, you’d be happy it’s him you married. Every moment would be memorable….thirty years on!

A good man is a stream in a dry place. He will supply your needs and meet your desires. He will cater for you and do you good. He will lavish you with his substance, for he knows you’ll be his reflection. He will surprise you with the fine things, saving the best spoils for you his woman and draping you in his affluence… you’d be the envy of many! You would be untouched by the economy, for he will gush forth provisions season after season.

A good man is oil on your head. He will be the head of your home, a priest at your altar and prophet over your future. He is God’s son, so he will hear His Father’s voice and lead you along the best pathways for your lives. When he puts his hands over you, strength and grace will rest in your spirit. He will make your dwelling, the home of God’s presence, and he will teach you and his children the precepts of the Ancient. He will be your covering, God’s earthly minister to you!

A good man is a legacy for your offspring. He will give your children good living, show them the best of the world and be their hero through life’s audacious voyage. He will play football with his sons, go to piano classes with his daughters and they’ll never miss vacation! When the curtain closes long after, he will bequeath to them memories of his love, ideas, wealth in many currencies, great values, but most importantly a good name. He will be GOLD in their eyes.

A good man is a tickle for your dimple. He will make your days beautiful! He will make you laugh, sing your favourite songs, forgive your failures and take you just as you are. He will hold you by the waist to dinner and drive you to church on Sunday. He will be your buddy, winking at you in a crowded room. Even when things get real busy, be sure you are in his heart, and when the contract is signed, you’d play hide and seek in the bedroom!

A good man is a gift from God, if He’s brought you some guy who doesn’t seem to have it all together, yet you find he’s got a good heart…one that truly loves God and is willing to learn how to make you happy, might be nice to stick with him. Hugo Boss, Salvatore Ferragamo and Pierre Cardin…Honda Accords, Range Rovers, Prados and LR3s….fitted tee shirts, Bespoke blazers and Timberland boots…Boardroom Meetings, Presentations and Sales Target….at the end of the day, what we really want is a good man!

To every good man, with true goodness in his soul, who loves the Lord and deeply loves his woman like a covenant, my thumbs are up for you! Your babes might not get it right all the time, yet make sure you keep this love groove going… It’s the highest realm of living!
If you are a good man, from whom a woman walked away… May your loss give way to the triumph of a better and sweeter love that lasts a lifetime!

With warm smiles, plantain chips, and crazy deadlines…
Oluwadamilola.. kiss
Actually U have just defined Mumu
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by kay9(m): 5:58pm On Aug 12, 2012
OP, do u knw what a 'balrog' is? smiley
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Nellyd(f): 9:18am On Aug 13, 2012
good one
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by TemiBalrog: 9:28am On Aug 13, 2012
Oh yes! I know what a 'balrog' is, as i have always been a fan of the movie "Lord of the Rings"... Same way as i've always been a 'Street fighter' addict. (Balrog is also a character "a boxer" in that game)... Let's not get carried away by the name please. The most important thing here is the message passed across by this post. I believe every male that has a problem with this post feels intimidated cos they do not measure up. And yes 'Good men' do exist! It starts with your heart, not the size of your wallet or the mediocrity of your thinking... Thanks once again for the read.. Cheers.
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by bukatyne(f): 11:16am On Aug 13, 2012
Babzilla:
Actually U have just defined Mumu
i would want to believe for your sake that you didn't read the post u quoted

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! / How To Pass A Failed Test- A Short Comedy Story / 5 Reasons Love Scenes Are Important In Storytelling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.