Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,518 members, 7,823,226 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! (15307 Views)

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Season 2 - You Are Cordially Invited! / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Cuddlemii: 1:53pm On Jul 17, 2012
We are delighted to be able to invite you to participate in a Debate session on Nairaland

Come and impact on the learning experience of members of Nairaland.

Topic of Debate-

God-fatherism in Nigeria Politics: The main cause of corruption and developmental crises (Case study include Tinubu, Obasanjo, Tony Anenih and Babaginda). Discuss

Time-

Saturday (21st of July 2012) at 6pm Nigerian time
Debaters-

Freiburger, Sagamite, Apocalypse, Coogar, Debosky, Dabrake, Orikinla, Mrbrownjay, Shymmex, Breezy047, St.Okolie, Newacca, Chucky234.

Judges-
Jaybee, Jarus, Oam4j, Roland17, Sisi_kill (More will be added later)

Venue-
Literature/Writing Section, Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/995999/nairalands-literary-debating-day#11508901(Link to the actual debate session. It would be up and running at 5:30pm)

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Whether black, white, Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa.
We are all Nigerians!
This is a reflection of diversity yet togetherness.
We Hope You Can Join Us!

RULES

1. All Nairaland Forum rules should be strictly adhered to. Extreme profanity or constant use of mild profanity is strictly prohibited. Debaters MUST NOT incite any form of criminal offence. This includes but is not limited to, threat of violence and incitement to RELIGIOUS and TRIBALISTIC hatred.

2. No personal attacks on other members would be permitted; debaters SHOULD NOT resort to personal abuse or harassment only comments relating to the subject being debated will be tolerated. Do not attack your fellow debaters! Specifically, members SHOULD address the argument and not the poster. Do not let them bait you into a rule breaking reply, if you feel you have been personally attacked call the attention of the Moderator to it so that it can be treated accordingly.

3. Do not assume that opposing teams are personally attacking you. Tone is difficult to interpret online especially in a debate setting.

4. No harsh wording.
a. Words like "idiotic", "moronic", "stupid", “cretin”, “dimwit” etc are not welcome here. You can debate without being inflammatory.
b. *NOTE: The words in quotations are an example only and not to be taken literally.

5. Word limits should be strictly adhered to.

Lastly, this is not another avenue to vent; we intend to rationally discuss topics of interest. If you feel yourself getting upset by a comment...take a step back and let other members of take over. Passion is great but don't let it get out of hand.

© CUDDLEMII 2012
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Odunnu: 1:59pm On Jul 17, 2012
Gets two seats. One for me and the other is for . . .

*steps out to go get Pepsi & popcorn* its gonna be a long ride
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by REMMEI(m): 2:29pm On Jul 17, 2012
HAHAHA!. . INTERESTING..BUT ONE GUY IS MISSING UP THERE O..HMMMM
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 17, 2012
Sorry, but i hate politics with a passion. In fact, that last time i "stepped" into the politics section of Nairaland was the day Ojukwu died. . . I'll pass.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Cuddlemii: 2:49pm On Jul 17, 2012
sexkillz: Sorry, but i hate politics with a passion. In fact, that last time i "stepped" into the politics section of Nairaland was the day Ojukwu died. . . I'll pass.

Thanks for responding, I appreciate it!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Jamesdman(m): 3:13pm On Jul 17, 2012
Cuddy Curdles. . . Where have u bn? Romance section have felt ur absence.
Missed u loadz! Hope u cool
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by kpolli(m): 4:33pm On Jul 17, 2012
Even though I was not chosen for the debate. . . All I have to say is all of the so called godfathers should be shot dead. . . Drops mic and walks off

Boss Tinz
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 17, 2012
I'll be arguing for, and I'm honoured to make the list..

Locked in!!! cool

Thanks cuddlemii. wink
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Okijajuju1(m): 4:38pm On Jul 17, 2012
Odunnu: Gets two seats. One for me and the other is for . . .

*steps out to go get Pepsi & popcorn* its gonna be a long ride

Abeg Drex small...**Sits & Dips hand in Odunnus Popcorn**
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by tonyx4x44(m): 4:43pm On Jul 17, 2012
Front row please
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by jennyb2: 4:53pm On Jul 17, 2012
i can only participate if it were a live debate with every nigerian political godfather present so i can use my ak47 and finish dem all. mmmmmtttttttttsssssseeeeeewwwwwww.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by dayokanu(m): 4:55pm On Jul 17, 2012
Can I also debate Odunnu in my room?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 17, 2012
This debate is itself a perfect example of the problem of godfatherism on nairaland. cheesy
Are the "debaters" here card-carrying Phee dee phee members?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Emperoh(m): 5:04pm On Jul 17, 2012
Seems like fun!!

Can i join the judges?

[size=4pt]Just be sure Coogar will win this if i am one of the judges[/size]
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Okijajuju1(m): 5:06pm On Jul 17, 2012
davidylan: This debate is itself a perfect example of the problem of godfatherism on nairaland. cheesy

lol
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Freiburger(m): 5:07pm On Jul 17, 2012
@ Cuddlemii, i'm also interested edit my name to the debaters pls.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 17, 2012
The winners will get dollars or pounds ?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Chanchit: 5:09pm On Jul 17, 2012
Where is kayusfit....? Any way i don't want to be biased, so i hope Beaf and Sagamite(aka Mr cretin) come and spew the rubbish they know how to spew, so i won't be forced to agree with them..... Let me go and check the date again...
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Freiburger(m): 5:12pm On Jul 17, 2012
Billyonaire: The winners will get dollars or pounds ?
A million pounds.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Biggyd2: 5:14pm On Jul 17, 2012
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:21pm On Jul 17, 2012
davidylan: This debate is itself a perfect example of the problem of godfatherism on nairaland. cheesy

LMAO na the kweshun wey I been one ask, see as you don end the debate before the thing start self.
grin grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by ArQueBusieR(m): 5:23pm On Jul 17, 2012
Bloody civilians!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Afam4eva(m): 5:27pm On Jul 17, 2012
Subscribed
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by GoldCircle: 5:28pm On Jul 17, 2012
can I be the time keeper please?? grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by hammedkola(m): 5:30pm On Jul 17, 2012
I think Afam4eva should be unban and call to debate likewise mukina2 shouldn't be left out
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Sagamite(m): 5:32pm On Jul 17, 2012
Cuddlemii:
Topic of Debate-

God fatherism in Nigeria Politics is the reason for the current crises in Nigeria. Discuss
(Debaters, please inform me by mail if you are debating for or against this motion)

There are multiple crises in Nigeria, I will need a narrowing down to understand the angle of debate.

Which one e be?

Leadership crisis?

Ethnic crisis?

Northern backwardness crisis?

Pension crisis?

Professionalism crisis?

Education crisis?

Infrastructure crisis?

Mentality crisis?

Corruption crisis?

More and more.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by hammedkola(m): 5:32pm On Jul 17, 2012
afam4eva: Subscribed

I don't even know you have been released...How was it serving a ban? grin grin

Watch ya mouth next time. Don't talk while eating OK?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by dayokanu(m): 5:34pm On Jul 17, 2012
Good "morring" Panel of judges, accurate time keeper, co-debaters and the audience

I am here to debate that casava bread is better than wheat bread bla bla bla.

I hope I have been able to "confuse" you that garri is better than bread

OP, Why arent there female in the debaters or why dont we have equal representation of gender?

I nominate female debaters like freecocoa, Ilekeidi, Kobojunkie, tpia, chaircover, jennykadry, tgirl4real, mamagee and michelin

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Okijajuju1(m): 5:51pm On Jul 17, 2012
dayokanu: Good "morring" Panel of judges, accurate time keeper, co-debaters and the audience

OP, Why arent there female in the debaters or why dont we have equal representation of gender?

I nominate female debaters like freecocoa, Ilekeidi, Kobojunkie, tpia, chaircover, jennykadry, tgirl4real, mamagee and michelin

190 as well...

And also, I cant see any Federal Character in the selection of debaters.. Apart from High Chief and Okolie, every other Debater are Yoruba.. Is this a set up or what?! angry
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by OAM4J: 5:55pm On Jul 17, 2012
I didn't get any message from you cuddlemii.

Since the topic is on politics and am a mod in politics section, I think its better I be among the judges.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Cuddlemii: 5:58pm On Jul 17, 2012
dayokanu: Good "morring" Panel of judges, accurate time keeper, co-debaters and the audience

There would be a debate for females next week after we are done with this one.
They are special women and they need more time to put on their lovely attires smiley
Round of applause for the special women of nl wink

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Okijajuju1(m): 5:58pm On Jul 17, 2012
OAM4J: I didn't get any message from you cuddlemii.

Since the topic is on politics and am a mod in politics section, I think its better I be among the judges.

And since I am a Chief Priest of the gods, I should also be among the Judges..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

5 Reasons Love Scenes Are Important In Storytelling / [story] My Sweet And Lovely Houseboy Part 21 / Borno: Home Of Boko Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.