Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,769 members, 7,813,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Onyibos 'discover' Ifa - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Onyibos 'discover' Ifa (4128 Views)

Nigerian Origin Of Internet (ifa) In Yoruba Land / Origin Of Ifa / Ifa - The True Religion Of The Yorubas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by kikuyu1(m): 5:21pm On Aug 07, 2012
There are other threads on Yoruba religion but mine is to ask a specific question:knowing the innate exclusionist tendency of the Onyibo is it wise to allow them unfettered access to your most ancient ritual and liturgy? Shouldn't you at the very least first produce your own software ie,codify it all in your own script,be it Ajami or even Nsibidi,(yes I know its Ibo)but FUCHHH,its crucial to have a definitely African software for the worlds oldest religion!!
Look whats already happening:
Fajuitan ( Javier Lujan) initiated as Osun priest at the Ifa Foundation of North America, Inc. Subsequently became the first FLAMING gay initiated as a Babalawo at the Ifa Foundation of North America, Inc.

http://cynicalafrikan./2012/06/10/the-hijacking-of-ifa/
Mark my words,next thing you'll hear he'll be marketing a self published homo friendly Ifa bible via selected Naijja homos,with all profits going to a new NGO called Naijja boot boys! I know you're too proud and principled to let this cultural hijack happen-c'mon people!

1 Like

Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by Chyz2: 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2012
lmao
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by PhysicsQED(m): 9:17pm On Aug 07, 2012
I made a big mistake by clicking on that link in your post. Please put up a warning next time.

As for the actual content of your post, yeah that sounds pretty weird.
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:50pm On Aug 07, 2012
Yoruba Religion is a a version of Pagan religion and is as such, only applicable to people of Yoruba descent. any gay oyinbo wannabe trying to mess around and play with such Spiritual content is kidding himself and must be kicked out of the organisation.

one must understand that Yoruba religion is not a proselytizing element like monotheistic abrahamism and there must only seek followers amongst the people of Yoruba descent.
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by tpia5: 12:27am On Aug 08, 2012
is kikuyu now a yoruba word?
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:24am On Aug 08, 2012
^ i think kikuyu is actually AGikuyu and is a the chief tribe of Kenya. this OP must be Kenyan.
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by tpia5: 8:28am On Aug 08, 2012
and what's the connection with yoruba?

its getting too frequent now.

definitely up to no good regardless if its a nigerian pretending to be kenyan or the other way round.

anything to do with that s.tupid bba show?

nigeria needs to stop being featured there.
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:53am On Aug 08, 2012
theres no connection. OP is just raising a serious issue about the mockery being made of Yoruba religion by white monkeys.
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by tpia5: 9:03am On Aug 08, 2012
what exactly concerns the op with yoruba?

just curious.

why not igbo, hausa, ijaw or zulu.
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:17am On Aug 08, 2012
because Yoruba religion is admittedly more famous than any of our traditional faiths.
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by tpia5: 9:19am On Aug 08, 2012
^are you the one inviting all these "philias" here?

your answers are geared more towards irrelevant and misleading lingo, than actual issues.

i dont play to flattery, so none of that rides with me.
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:40am On Aug 08, 2012
^wow you are st.upid. just go away you fool and stop wasting time.angry

if you want to, then adress the issue relevant to this thread or shut up and go back to worsiping that half-clad white man.

why should i flatter you. you are not even traditionalist. so just f**** off.
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by PhysicsQED(m): 10:47am On Aug 08, 2012
lol @ this argument
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by Ptolomeus(m): 4:31pm On Aug 08, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
because Yoruba religion is admittedly more famous than any of our traditional faiths.
Greater knowledge of the Yoruba religion in the Americas, is because the Yoruba were one of the last people to be enslaved. A few years after the arrival in America of the early Yoruba, began the process of abolition of slavery.
For this reason, the Yoruba still kept "fresh" religious knowledge (and traditions), meanwhile, other ethnic groups in America, and had endured for many decades the prohibition of their traditions.

Very respectfully, I do not think that respect is a matter of skin color. This thread shows a lot of white people in reprehensible attitudes ... there are also black with these attitudes ...
I know whites, who are part of traditional religion in America, and I can assure that they do so with respect enviable.

In any case, if we read the article, and analyze the charge of Iyanifa (Iyaonifá), that cultural and religious mess is not due to the whites, but by Prof. Abimbola Walde; representative yurubá culture in the Diaspora. ..
A black spot not only in religion but in culture.
However, I have not felt that nobody complains about Abimbola.

Finally, thank God traditional religions do not segregate, as do Christians and Muslims ...
Traditional religions promote peace, equality and love among all members.

Finally, I will not answer some comments Christian fanatics, which enter the forum to vent their sexual and social frustrations.
My respects.

1 Like

Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:12pm On Aug 08, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Greater knowledge of the Yoruba religion in the Americas, is because the Yoruba were one of the last people to be enslaved. A few years after the arrival in America of the early Yoruba, began the process of abolition of slavery.
For this reason, the Yoruba still kept "fresh" religious knowledge (and traditions), meanwhile, other ethnic groups in America, and had endured for many decades the prohibition of their traditions.

Very respectfully, I do not think that respect is a matter of skin color. This thread shows a lot of white people in reprehensible attitudes ... there are also black with these attitudes ...
I know whites, who are part of traditional religion in America, and I can assure that they do so with respect enviable.

In any case, if we read the article, and analyze the charge of Iyanifa (Iyaonifá), that cultural and religious mess is not due to the whites, but by Prof. Abimbola Walde; representative yurubá culture in the Diaspora. ..
A black spot not only in religion but in culture.
However, I have not felt that nobody complains about Abimbola.

Finally, thank God traditional religions do not segregate, as do Christians and Muslims ...
Traditional religions promote peace, equality and love among all members.

Finally, I will not answer some comments Christian fanatics, which enter the forum to vent their sexual and social frustrations.
My respects.

ok there is some truth in that. no wonder they are the only group to stick to traditional faiths. thank you for the response Ptolemus.
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:12pm On Aug 08, 2012
.(double post).
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by suyu: 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2012
kikuyu1: There are other threads on Yoruba religion but mine is to ask a specific question:knowing the innate exclusionist tendency of the Onyibo is it wise to allow them unfettered access to your most ancient ritual and liturgy? Shouldn't you at the very least first produce your own software ie,codify it all in your own script,be it Ajami or even Nsibidi,(yes I know its Ibo)but FUCHHH,its crucial to have a definitely African software for the worlds oldest religion!!
Look whats already happening:

http://cynicalafrikan./2012/06/10/the-hijacking-of-ifa/
Mark my words,next thing you'll hear he'll be marketing a self published homo friendly Ifa bible via selected Naijja homos,with all profits going to a new NGO called Naijja boot boys! I know you're too proud and principled to let this cultural hijack happen-c'mon people!

very good, there must more cases of this
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by kikuyu1(m): 2:30pm On Aug 09, 2012
This isn't a flame war-lets not make it one. The issue is that a religion for millions is now being hijacked by subtle selfserving Onyibos with their own agenda! Is this a good thing? HELL NO! What are you Yoruba doing about it? Must I be Yoruba to feel pain at such a blatant culture vulture? Fyi,Catholicism was originally the Black European Man's religion (blacks ruled there til the Renaissance,a story for another time)until he lost out in war,conquest and forcible assimilation-now look at it.
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2012
kikuyu1: This isn't a flame war-lets not make it one. The issue is that a religion for millions is now being hijacked by subtle selfserving Onyibos with their own agenda! Is this a good thing? HELL NO! What are you Yoruba doing about it? Must I be Yoruba to feel pain at such a blatant culture vulture? Fyi,Catholicism was originally the Black European Man's religion (blacks ruled there til the Renaissance,a story for another time)until he lost out in war,conquest and forcible assimilation-now look at it.

man i was about to say well said until you said the thing about "black europeans" and just killed the whole thing. that is the lamest story i have ever heard. .tongue

1 Like

Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by kikuyu1(m): 10:19am On Aug 12, 2012
For that story,find the relevant thread. At least you and everyone else realises this is isn't a god situation. Question:what action will you take? Oyibo must know this episode won't be allowed to pass like all their previous cultural hijacks.
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:31pm On Aug 12, 2012
kikuyu1: For that story,find the relevant thread. At least you and everyone else realises this is isn't a god situation. Question:what action will you take? Oyibo must know this episode won't be allowed to pass like all their previous cultural hijacks.

i am working on it but i am just 1 man. the only way is mass-scale religious-reconversion to traditional faiths.

btw you are Gikuyu yes. are you follower of Thaaism do you know about Mungiki

Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by kikuyu1(m): 7:49am On Aug 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

i am working on it but i am just 1 man. the only way is mass-scale religious-reconversion to traditional faiths.

btw you are Gikuyu yes. are you follower of Thaaism do you know about Mungiki

Thaaism,(I've never heard it expressed that way)is simply the old Kikuyu monotheism,thaai ngai,meaning praise god. It entails much original Judaism from an Axumite migration in early times,maybe 3000 years back,but there was definitely a later movement some 700-800 years back from Ethiopia. For example old Kikuyus still won't touch pork,eat only cloven hoof ungulates and will ensure its first bled.Also,there's still residual Tigre elements in the language while quite a number look Ethiopian.
Mungiki was started as a peasant defence/revival evangelical thing in the 90s when Moi instigated 'land clashes' against us in the Rift Valley. Later,criminals and politicos captured the hierarchy for their own ends with predictable results.
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:09am On Aug 13, 2012
kikuyu1:
Thaaism,(I've never heard it expressed that way)is simply the old Kikuyu monotheism,thaai ngai,meaning praise god. It entails much original Judaism from an Axumite migration in early times,maybe 3000 years back,but there was definitely a later movement some 700-800 years back from Ethiopia. For example old Kikuyus still won't touch pork,eat only cloven hoof ungulates and will ensure its first bled.Also,there's still residual Tigre elements in the language while quite a number look Ethiopian.
Mungiki was started as a peasant defence/revival evangelical thing in the 90s when Moi instigated 'land clashes' against us in the Rift Valley. Later,criminals and politicos captured the hierarchy for their own ends with predictable results.

in my opinion, Thaaism was polytheistic Paganism but only became monothistic in recent time as a way for ethnic Masaai and Gikuyu to still keep their culture and adapt to other monotheistic foreign religions.
first of all, they rever nature and Mt. Kilimanjaro. then there is the ancestor worship.
there is Olapa, the Moon God.
Enkai, the Rain God.
then there is Neiterkob/Naiteru-kop ("that which began the earth" ) may also be a reference to Enkai. Neiterkob is a minor deity, known as the mediator between God and man.
and the dual nature of Enkai. the Black God & the Red God., symbolic of the balancing of the forces.
and so much more. .
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by kikuyu1(m): 12:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
in my opinion, Thaaism was polytheistic Paganism but only became monothistic in recent time as a way for ethnic Masaai and Gikuyu to still keep their culture and adapt to other monotheistic foreign religions.
first of all, they rever nature and Mt. Kilimanjaro. then there is the ancestor worship.
there is Olapa, the Moon God.
Enkai, the Rain God.
then there is Neiterkob/Naiteru-kop ("that which began the earth" ) may also be a reference to Enkai. Neiterkob is a minor deity, known as the mediator between God and man.
and the dual nature of Enkai. the Black God & the Red God., symbolic of the balancing of the forces.
and so much more. .
[quote author=PAGAN 9JA]
IMO,Kikuyus have always been monotheistic. The Judaistic Ethiopian history seems to have predominated in religion when there was an amalgamation with later bantu immigrants, as far as I can tell.
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2012
kikuyu1: IMO,Kikuyus have always been monotheistic. The Judaistic Ethiopian history seems to have predominated in religion when there was an amalgamation with later bantu immigrants, as far as I can tell.

do you have proof for that because i still stick to my original opinion.infact this is the first time im hearing this new-founded ethiopian connection. undecided
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by kikuyu1(m): 5:00pm On Aug 15, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

do you have proof for that because i still stick to my original opinion.infact this is the first time im hearing this new-founded ethiopian connection. undecided
You should know what Oyinbo put in the African history books is 90% bs. We'd still believe AE and Nubia were white if the mainstream had their way!Their books say bantus all migrated through the Ituri forest like it were a giant highway. The truth is its a huge obstacle to human traffic even now;imagine it a millenia ago,when it was even more expansive and denser-do you honestly see hordes of proto Kikuyus,Lundas,Zulus and Makondes traipsing through burdened with kids,livestock and household items?
The bantu migration theory is smth I OUTGREW. So should you. On the north face of Mt.Kenya is a route known till today as Njera wa Baci,the Abyssinian Way. This was the route used by the Axumites fleeing war as they settled here 800 years ago. As I stated earlier much of Kikuyu tradition is Ethiopic,eg diet,some words and traditions such as male circumcision on the 8th day,but that changed with Masaai intermarriage. An Ethiopian Jewish lady said Kikuyus are actually a lost lineage from Tigre but unfortunately my mum who she was informing didn't catch all the details.
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
kikuyu1:
You should know what Oyinbo put in the African history books is 90% bs. We'd still believe AE and Nubia were white if the mainstream had their way!Their books say bantus all migrated through the Ituri forest like it were a giant highway. The truth is its a huge obstacle to human traffic even now;imagine it a millenia ago,when it was even more expansive and denser-do you honestly see hordes of proto Kikuyus,Lundas,Zulus and Makondes traipsing through burdened with kids,livestock and household items?
The bantu migration theory is smth I OUTGREW. So should you. On the north face of Mt.Kenya is a route known till today as Njera wa Baci,the Abyssinian Way. This was the route used by the Axumites fleeing war as they settled here 800 years ago. As I stated earlier much of Kikuyu tradition is Ethiopic,eg diet,some words and traditions such as male circumcision on the 8th day,but that changed with Masaai intermarriage. An Ethiopian Jewish lady said Kikuyus are actually a lost lineage from Tigre but unfortunately my mum who she was informing didn't catch all the details.

no i think you have been brainwashed by the akata theories. do those bunch of drug addicts dont know anything. what has Nubia got to do with Gikuyu religion. i didnt even mention any sort of Bantu migration. :-/

i refuse to believe any biblical bs said by those useless jews and xtians pertaining to race because they have already lied a lot. The Gikuyu are not ethiopians mixed with Masaai. Masaai are Nilotic. they ar e tall and have sharp features. Gikuyu definitey look closer to Bantu peoples then lght-brown skinned ethiopians. there is only a small communit of mixed Masaai-Gikuyu,that to which Jomo Kenyatta himself belongs to.

male circumcision is prevalent across Africa due to ideas borrowed from the monotheists. i am not sure about the migration, but even if it took place, it must have taken over 100's of years. also that theory makes much more sense than jewish ethiopian bs which doesnt have proper proofs like the Bantu thesis.
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by kikuyu1(m): 7:37am On Aug 16, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

no i think you have been brainwashed by the akata theories. do those bunch of drug addicts dont know anything. what has Nubia got to do with Gikuyu religion. i didnt even mention any sort of Bantu migration. :-/

i refuse to believe any biblical bs said by those useless jews and xtians pertaining to race because they have already lied a lot. The Gikuyu are not ethiopians mixed with Masaai. Masaai are Nilotic. they ar e tall and have sharp features. Gikuyu definitey look closer to Bantu peoples then lght-brown skinned ethiopians. there is only a small communit of mixed Masaai-Gikuyu,that to which Jomo Kenyatta himself belongs to.

male circumcision is prevalent across Africa due to ideas borrowed from the monotheists. i am not sure about the migration, but even if it took place, it must have taken over 100's of years. also that theory makes much more sense than jewish ethiopian bs which doesnt have proper proofs like the Bantu thesis.
Ok
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by kikuyu1(m): 8:32am On Aug 16, 2012
I have just this minute been sent a fascinating blog revealing the real origins of Biblical figures.It seems they were W.African,Naija,in fact. That's not surprising to me but hearing that Bornu is the land of Noah and Ijebu ,the land of the Jebusites is definitely surprising.
Can we reconcile Ifa,which at this time would have been the dominant religion with true early Christianity? From the blog I don't think that would be a premature conclusion.
http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2106014714161033871#editor/target=post;postID=8852500505647503882
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:42am On Aug 16, 2012
kikuyu1: I have just this minute been sent a fascinating blog revealing the real origins of Biblical figures.It seems they were W.African,Naija,in fact. That's not surprising to me but hearing that Bornu is the land of Noah and Ijebu ,the land of the Jebusites is definitely surprising.
Can we reconcile Ifa,which at this time would have been the dominant religion with true early Christianity? From the blog I don't think that would be a premature conclusion.
http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2106014714161033871#editor/target=post;postID=8852500505647503882

no we cant. noah never existed. his wooden boat is fairytale. how can such a flimsy oat hold som many trillions of species, that to TWO OF EACH! and yet survive without sinking. NO WAY!.

the bible is a lie. IFA ORISHA is a true religion without any man-made founders. christianity was founded in betlehem/jerusalem/israel. it first spread northwards to europe, arabia. it came to sub-saharan Africa only recetly.
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by kikuyu1(m): 9:10am On Aug 18, 2012
Dude,even if Noah never existed she makes an unimpeachable case for W.Africa being the home of the biblical people. Read som of her work. Don't be so quick to judge.
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:11pm On Aug 18, 2012
wat biblical people angry WE WEST AFRICANS !HAVE OUR OWN RELIIONS SINCE STONEAGE! maybe theyare from your Kenya. dont push those biblical c.rap on us. We had ancient Nok civilisation, Tiimbuctoo, etc. not some useless jewish culture.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Yoruba Men Easily Leave Their Childless Women? / Names And Titles Of The 32 New Ibadan Obas / Who Remembers *killi We* Nwachukwu? (legendary Tale)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.