Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,773 members, 7,831,487 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Onyibos 'discover' Ifa - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Onyibos 'discover' Ifa (4134 Views)

Nigerian Origin Of Internet (ifa) In Yoruba Land / Origin Of Ifa / Ifa - The True Religion Of The Yorubas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by kikuyu1(m): 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
wat biblical people angry WE WEST AFRICANS !HAVE OUR OWN RELIIONS SINCE STONEAGE! maybe theyare from your Kenya. dont push those biblical c.rap on us. We had ancient Nok civilisation, Tiimbuctoo, etc. not some useless jewish culture.
In your haste to respond you're misunderstanding everything. Nok,the Ibo,Yoruba and people of Bornu were of the SAME LINEAGE AS THE BIBLICAL FIGURES such as Noah and Abraham. They were the same race from W.Africa to the Middle East and Asia.
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:01pm On Aug 21, 2012
kikuyu1:
In your haste to respond you're misunderstanding everything. Nok,the Ibo,Yoruba and people of Bornu were of the SAME LINEAGE AS THE BIBLICAL FIGURES such as Noah and Abraham. They were the same race from W.Africa to the Middle East and Asia.

NO WE ARE NOT! we are our own independent people. stop trying to associate us with JEWISH FAIYTALES! angry

1 Like

Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by rabzy: 4:25pm On Aug 22, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

NO WE ARE NOT! we are our own independant people. stop trying to associate us with JEWISH FAIYTALES! angry

People who hardly have any written histories are calling those with well documented histories... Fairy tales.
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by suyu: 5:21pm On Aug 22, 2012
Good for them
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:53pm On Aug 22, 2012
rabzy:

People who hardly have any written histories are calling those with well documented histories... Fairy tales.

well-documented histories or a load of rubbish written in a book without any proof?

1 Like

Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by Ptolomeus(m): 7:58pm On Aug 23, 2012
kikuyu1:

I'm sorry to disappoint you dear friend.
Recent archaeological studies show that David, Solomon, Abraham and Noah were Uruguayan.
What's more, Jesus himself would have been born in the department of Tacuarembó (Uruguay), and there is evidence of his journey from there to the Middle East.
Solomon, meanwhile, would have been born in Montevideo (Uruguay) and the principal of his brothel was in the port area.
Nothing that is not available in an updated library.
My respects.

1 Like

Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by PhysicsQED(m): 8:49pm On Aug 23, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

well-documented histories or a load of rubbish written in a book without any proof?

lol, not all of it is "rubbish" though you do have a point about the many exaggerations and unbelievable elements in some of the biblical stories. The basic storyline of the journey of the Jewish people given in there is (probably) basically historically accurate and some of it has been backed by archaeological discoveries.

Ptolomeus:

Recent archaeological studies show that David, Solomon, Abraham and Noah were Uruguayan.
What's more, Jesus himself would have been born in the department of Tacuarembó (Uruguay), and there is evidence of his journey from there to the Middle East.
Solomon, meanwhile, would have been born in Montevideo (Uruguay) and the principal of his brothel was in the port area.
My respects.

grin grin grin
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:08pm On Aug 23, 2012
Ptolomeus:

My respects.

lol Ptolemus.

PhysicsQED:

lol, not all of it is "rubbish" though you do have a point about the many exaggerations and unbelievable elements in some of the biblical stories. The basic storyline of the journey of the Jewish people given in there is (probably) basically historically accurate and some of it has been backed by archaeological discoveries.
grin grin grin

yes i agree. some of it is based on historic information such as the existence of the ROman Governor Pontius Polate, the Sarheddin, etc. but the miracles, physical rising from the dead of that man, noahs ark and those animal couples, etc is all rubbish.
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by kikuyu1(m): 8:31am On Aug 31, 2012
PhysicsQED:

grin grin grin
Its not difficult to understand. The first inhabitants of Israel,Jordan,Canaan and Palestine were black Africans. The modern white'Jews,'pathological liars and professional history stealers that they are have admitted as much,though never directly and couched in code:
“A late Pleistocene-early Holocene northward migration (from Africa to the Levant and to Anatolia) of these populations has been hypothesized from skeletal data (Angel 1972, 1973; Brace 2005) and from archaeological data, as indicated by the probable Nile Valley origin of the "Mesolithic" (epi-Paleolithic) Mushabi culture found in the Levant (Bar Yosef 1987). This migration finds some support in the presence in Mediterranean populations (Sicily, Greece, southern Turkey, etc.; Patrinos et al.; Schiliro et al. 1990) of the Benin sickle cell haplotype. This haplotype originated in West Africa and is probably associated with the spread of malaria to southern Europe through an eastern Mediterranean route (Salares et al. 2004) following the expansion of both human and mosquito populations brought about by the advent of the Neolithic transition (Hume et al 2003; Joy et al. 2003; Rich et al 1998).
http://africanamericanculturalcenterpalmcoast.org/historyafrican/mcoldclimatemesopotamiadebunk.htm
The white Jew is a very recent immigrant (invader) to the region.
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by MamiWata: 4:51am On Jun 19, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
because Yoruba religion is admittedly more famous than any of our traditional faiths.

I wanted to refine what Ptolomeus said. With regards to the Atlantic slave trade, on average Yorubas have been enslaved just as long as any other population. Western Yorubaland collapsed militarily by the early 1800's while the international slave trade was not made illegal throughout latin America until almost 1900. Before 1800's Yorubas were taken in numbers that matched other populations. After the collapse the seizing was unbridled and there was widespread depopulation of Yoruba communities. I think this may be what Ptolomeus was referring to.

What I think is more important is that there tends to be a correlation with certain ethnicities ending up in certain destinations. Jamaica is most well known for its Akan/Ghanaian population. However Yorubas happened to make up the largest group of slaves shipped to Cuba, Brazil, and latin America in general. Both Cuba and Brazil are Catholic which allowed the slaves to hide the Yoruba dieties behind Santeria. In Haiti, by contrast, most of the slaves from the priestly class came from the Benin/Togo/Angola regions so even though Catholicism helped them hide their beliefs what was hidden was Vodun and Angolan spirits rather than the Yoruba spirits. There are, however, Yoruba spirits in Haitian vodun just as there are some remnants of Igbo and Dahomean spirituality in Latin America. In the British Carribean and the U.S. ,however, slaves were met with protestantism so the traditions could not be hidden so easily and essentially died.
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by MamiWata: 4:54am On Jun 19, 2013
Ptolomeus:

I know whites, who are part of traditional religion in America, and I can assure that they do so with respect enviable.

There are many who are simply out to make a quick buck and thrive on ignorance to masquerade as authorities. Africans should've learned by now that whites are not to be trusted. It's absurd that Europeans maligned ATR's and are now busy selling them to each other.

1 Like

Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by kikuyu1(m): 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2017
MamiWata:

There are many who are simply out to make a quick buck and thrive on ignorance to masquerade as authorities. Africans should've learned by now that whites are not to be trusted. It's absurd that Europeans maligned ATR's and are now busy selling them to each other.

SIGHHHHHHH! I tried to tell you! Even Dr. Umar Johnson,black scholar says you shouldn't invite Oyinbos into your beliefs-4.50 mn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgTyZsDpq0M
Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by kikuyu1(m): 10:07am On Aug 18, 2019
I warned you about sharing your important belief systems with Oyinbo interlopers,didn't !? Look at this ishyt-Idk whether its Yoruba it may be Bini,but what the eff is a known pedo,Satanist some say even ritual murderer doing with these statues? They were found at Epstein's Zorro Ranch-btw,I don't think he's dead:as a Mossad blackmail agent I think he was smuggle to the Promised Land with their help.

Btw,the sick stuff Western Elites get up to is unbelievable! How many others have perverted the use of African beliefs? I do know its wayyyyy more common among them than you'd think!

Re: Onyibos 'discover' Ifa by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 07, 2021
The true history of the yoruba:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llporKrPsbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2hU-ibkPfg

Please kindly help me locate one of these 5 things:

1) ife empire
2) bight of ife
3) bight of yoruba
4) ife battle against britain
5) ife republic

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ndi Waawa Na Ndu Oka (wawa And Awka People) / Do Yoruba Men Easily Leave Their Childless Women? / The Oba Of Benin Kingdom With Queen Elizabeth In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.