Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

- Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / (46059 Views)

Ten Steps To Better Self-esteem / Parents: How Do You Identify A Child's Talent? / Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by yme1(f): 9:23pm On Aug 09, 2012
Sagamite:

No 1, I never said all.

No 2, it might be law of demands. In Yankee, black men are normally guest in jails so you have to hone your skills to fight for the few black men with prospects.

No 3, it is a small sample pool.

No 4, it might be holiday blues. Maybe when you are both local, dem fit turn to normal Naija chics. grin

Sagamite you need deliverance
No2 and 4 got me cracking up so bad cheesy cheesy cheesy
seriously you leave me no choice than to conclude you have been hurt emotionally by Nigerian ladies countless times cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: by Sagamite(m): 9:33pm On Aug 09, 2012
y me:

Sagamite you need deliverance
No2 and 4 got me cracking up so bad cheesy cheesy cheesy
seriously you leave me no choice than to conclude you have been hurt emotionally by Nigerian ladies countless times cheesy cheesy tongue

Na, I am not hurt emotionally. I just don't let people put me down. Remember, I am Sagamite.

As for my deliverance, what do you want me to say?

I am a sinner! angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zirtzDl2RH0
Re: by sweetcocoa(f): 9:39pm On Aug 09, 2012
Sagamite,hope you won't marry a Nigerian lady o?
Re: by Sagamite(m): 10:16pm On Aug 09, 2012
sweetcocoa: Sagamite,hope you won't marry a Nigerian lady o?

Deep down, I hope not based on what is on offer.

I can get a good bargain elsewhere.
Re: by dayokanu(m): 10:25pm On Aug 09, 2012
Sagamite: No 2, it might be law of demands. In Yankee, black men are normally guest in jails so you have to hone your skills to fight for the few black men with prospects.

This one is right because I think America is one of the best places to be a blackman and have a job

The ratio of eligible women to men in some areas might be 10:1 .

E.g Atlanta
Re: by EfemenaXY: 10:27pm On Aug 09, 2012
Na wa o!

Sagamite, you break my heart, re: Nigerian girls in the UK... shocked shocked shocked

We aren't all like that na! Okay, I know you said "not all" but even then, that was really venomous from you. sad

Exactly what sort of places do you find those girls anyway? Libraries? Churches? Voluntary aid organizations? Family theme parks / recreational centers?

And also, if you don't mind my asking (abeg don't bite my head off o!)...have you considered it just might be something to do with your approach that ticks them off?
Re: by Sagamite(m): 10:28pm On Aug 09, 2012
dayokanu:

This one is right because I think America is one of the best places to be a blackman and have a job

The ratio of eligible women to men in some areas might be 10:1 .

E.g Atlanta

That is why I have always hated you on NL.

I am just jealous of your life.

Ah! Atlanta! 20 black babes to one black man!

Heaven! grin

https://www.nairaland.com/554294/black-girls-america-it-true/1#7185101
Re: by Sagamite(m): 10:34pm On Aug 09, 2012
Efemena_xy: Na wa o!

Sagamite, you break my heart, re: Nigerian girls in the UK... shocked shocked shocked

We aren't all like that na! Okay, I know you said "not all" but even then, that was really venomous from you. sad

Exactly what sort of places do you find those girls anyway? Libraries? Churches? Voluntary aid organizations? Family theme parks / recreational centers?

And also, if you don't mind my asking (abeg don't bite my head off o!)...have you considered it just might be something to do with your approach that ticks them off?

University, clubs, roads, parks etc.

It could not possibly have anything to do with my approach because it is exactly the same approach I use for women from other geographies and they are delightful to interact with whether one scores or not. Something is wrong with the Naija women then.
Re: by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 09, 2012
Efemena_xy: Na wa o!

Sagamite, hear ye, hear ye. grin grin grin

But I have to admit, most Nigerian guys in the UK complain all the time though about Nigerian girls in the UK.
Re: by Sagamite(m): 10:42pm On Aug 09, 2012
stillwater:

Sagamite, hear ye, hear ye. grin grin grin

But I have to admit, most Nigerian guys in the UK complain all the time though about Nigerian girls in the UK.

[Dust my shoulders off] Classy man here. Ask the non-Naija girls. cool
Re: by bukatyne(f): 10:45pm On Aug 09, 2012
elampiro: What is the essence of this topic? Does it mean you girls lack confidence? You people can go ahead and breed young girls that will grow up not willing to stay in their husbands' houses (not being able to stay in marriages). Perhaps, the very reason marriages are not working in the western world. Women are programmed and stereotyped from girlhood.
and u think d beginning and end of a woman's life is her husband! can't u differentiate b/w a rude gal and a confident one? gals should also be warned to stay away from men like u!
Re: by EfemenaXY: 11:02pm On Aug 09, 2012
@ Sagamite: you know, you've said quite a lot without really saying anything.

Methinks there is more to this than meets the eye. So come on, spill the beans & give us an example of what really happened. cool

Afterall, there's no smoke without a fire somewhere, as the saying goes... tongue
Re: by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 09, 2012
Sagamite - if you have a preconceived view of Nigerian women don't you think when you do interact with them you will be looking for those things. Its like how some men say black girls will only go out with a guy with money but the last time I checked the girls stalking footballers and sleeping with as many as they can in a month don't happen to be black. some of nigerian women have not been brought up to worship money and follow the first man that drops an iphone or brazillian weave.

As for being classless - u need to broaden ur horizons and maybe stop going out with London based nigerian girls (even I have to admit some of them can be rude and scary grin)

As per the topic I think fundamentally when a child knows its loved the confidence will follow - I see it with my daughter and to be honest I think even at her young age i think she thinks she is the best thing since sliced bread (my bad - she is lol!)

1 Like

Re: by Sagamite(m): 11:18pm On Aug 09, 2012
Efemena_xy: @ Sagamite: you know, you've said quite a lot without really saying anything.

Methinks there is more to this than meets the eye. So come on, spill the beans & give us an example of what really happened. cool

Afterall, there's no smoke without a fire somewhere, as the saying goes... tongue

You know I said everything, cut the BS! grin Na me you wan dey use sense for. tongue

Look, it is not all their fault. It is the fault of the ball-less black men we have in the UK.

We have so many "Real Men" that are so hungry to show they are the ones that respect women the most so as to get a pat on the back. That is what is making these women hard to change.

When men like us tell them to fck off, there is one mugu Real Man that is willing to chop her shyt and massage her ego. Just too many Real Men that would.

I don't respect people that don't respect me. If they mess up, I put them back to their place.
Re: by Sagamite(m): 11:25pm On Aug 09, 2012
cotton101: Sagamite - if you have a preconceived view of Nigerian women don't you think when you do interact with them you will be looking for those things. Its like how some men say black girls will only go out with a guy with money but the last time I checked the girls stalking footballers and sleeping with as many as they can in a month don't happen to be black. some of nigerian women have not been brought up to worship money and follow the first man that drops an iphone or brazillian weave.

As for being classless - u need to broaden ur horizons and maybe stop going out with London based nigerian girls (even I have to admit some of them can be rude and scary grin)

As per the topic I think fundamentally when a child knows its loved the confidence will follow - I see it with my daughter and to be honest I think even at her young age i think she thinks she is the best thing since sliced bread (my bad - she is lol!)

So what if I look for it?

I have some telepathic powers that make them confirm it?

Look, lets not give excuses!

The critical first path to change is to acknowledge there is a need for change, not start giving excuses.

The reason it is other women that sleep with footballers is because the footballers have already developed hate for black girls based on their experiences before their success. Not because the black girls don't want to. The men now have choices and they choose the ones they like, not the one they hate.

As I said a few weeks ago, if I was a successful footballer, most likely I would stick completely to white chics too.

https://www.nairaland.com/985116/white-boyfriends-better-than-black/11#11380765
Re: by EfemenaXY: 11:45pm On Aug 09, 2012
^^ So, having said that, why not give these "bad, classless" UK Nigerian girls a wide berth? Why d'you keep going back for more??

Personally, I think you need to decide what exactly it is you want from these girls. If for example, you're looking for someone to settle with, "marriage material" kind of girl, don't you think clubs 'n roadsides are the very wrong place to look? ( i.e for your home girl).

If on the other hand, what you're after is a bit of "tumble & fun", then by all means SOHO & clubs are the joints to seek them out.

I do have extremely well mannered, poised, financially independent single friends who are nothing like what you've described so far. And they hold their own when it comes to discussing intelligently. But they have to anyway, based on the nature of work they do. Sagamite, they are BRAINY too...

1 Like

Re: by EfemenaXY: 12:00am On Aug 10, 2012
Ah! I think I just might have found out why Oga Sagamite is so angry with Naija girls!! cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/962850/ladies-which-these-dating-evils

Sagamite, pls confirm tongue cool

** quickly dashes out of this thread!
Re: by Sagamite(m): 12:09am On Aug 10, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ So, having said that, why not give these "bad, classless" UK Nigerian girls a wide berth? Why d'you keep going back for more??

Obviously that is what I do. I am poor at it though because my closest friends have not dated black girls for over 10 years and say they will never again. They have stuck to it very well.

https://www.nairaland.com/826849/desperate-find-husbandis-it-normal/1#9784967

I still bump into a few because I like my Naija circle of friends.

Efemena_xy:
Personally, I think you need to decide what exactly it is you want from these girls. If for example, you're looking for someone to settle with, "marriage material" kind of girl, don't you think clubs 'n roadsides are the very wrong place to look? ( i.e for your home girl).

If on the other hand, what you're after is a bit of "tumble & fun", then by all means SOHO & clubs are the joints to seek them out.

What is wrong with girls in clubs or on the road? Women that want to marry don't go to clubs anymore? They don't use roads?

Where are the right places to go in case, god forbid, I want to marry? tongue

Come on, Efe, lets stop giving excuses. grin

Efemena_xy:
I do have extremely well mannered, poised, financially independent single friends who are nothing like what you've described so far. And they hold their own when it comes to discussing intelligently. But they have to anyway, based on the nature of work they do. Sagamite, they are BRAINY too...

How old are they on average? Give me their age range.
Re: by Sagamite(m): 12:12am On Aug 10, 2012
Efemena_xy: Ah! I think I just might have found out why Oga Sagamite is so angry with Naija girls!! cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/962850/ladies-which-these-dating-evils

Sagamite, pls confirm tongue cool

** quickly dashes out of this thread!

Yep, Naija girls are more guilty on average of most of those than women of other regions.
Re: by yme1(f): 12:15am On Aug 10, 2012
Sagamite:

Obviously that is what I do. I am poor at it though because my closest friends have not dated black girls for over 10 years and say they will never again. They have stuck to it very well.

What is wrong with girls in clubs or on the road? Women that want to marry don't go to clubs anymore? They don't use roads?

Come one, Efe, lets stop giving excuses. grin

35 tongue what has age got to do with this? remember age is just a number tongue
so tell her to hook you up and stop beating around the bush angry grin
Re: by EfemenaXY: 12:25am On Aug 10, 2012
Sagamite:

Come on, Efe, lets stop giving excuses. grin

Is age an issue here? shocked shocked shocked

You obviously can't stand the average teenage / early twenty-something-ish dimwit, self obsessed with er...Brazilian weave, etc

Not that I've confirmed their ages or anything, but you really can't eat your cake & have it. Or can you?? undecided
Re: by Sagamite(m): 12:35am On Aug 10, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Is age an issue here? shocked shocked shocked

You obviously can't stand the average teenage / early twenty-something-ish dimwit, self obsessed with er...Brazilian weave, etc

Not that I've confirmed their ages or anything, but you really can't eat your cake & have it. Or can you?? undecided

Answer the question and I will clarify.
Re: by EfemenaXY: 12:53am On Aug 10, 2012
Sorry, no.
Re: by Kobojunkie: 1:11am On Aug 10, 2012
@Poster,

a) Treat your kids (males and females) as equals

b) Stress the importance of intelligence, even if it is not bookoro kind . . . enough of the stupid black blonde kids we have around today

c) Teach them that love is not all about babies and sex . . . . way too many black girls world over seem to associate the two in some way

d) Teach your kids that if something is wrong, it is wrong. None of the grey lines that we now realize hurts womanhood more than it helps the struggle

e) Help them understand the difference between being loved and being used . . . it is key to helping them avoid the evil men and women out there

f) Listen to them when they speak and NO READING IN BETWEEN THE LINES . . . enough of that Nigerianess . . . When a person, even a gal, says A, let it mean A

g) Show them love as their mother. If their father rejects them, and everyone else rejects them, at least be the one person who they are sure will never forsake them. I know some like to say it is God but reality is so many people go through live never really SEEING or KNOWING God as others claim. So at least be as close a representation as you can, when it comes to showing love

h) A rude female is NOT a self-confident female. If your children lack manners, do not confuse that with self-confidence. It is in fact the opposite.

1 Like

Re: by Sagamite(m): 1:12am On Aug 10, 2012
Efemena_xy: Sorry, no.

Yeah, I guessed as much. tongue

Most likely they are within the 27-35 age range.

Look, I don't know your friends. As far as I am concerned, they might have personalities close to Nayah at one end of the spectrum, or they might have personalities close to queensmith at the other end.

But if I was to judge based on general black women, most likely they were like typical Naija rude girls when they were younger and at their aesthetical peak. They were most likely rude to men, have their head up their arse, say men are annoying and "disturbing" them when they are approached (that is why they are justified to be rude). Then, they would probably have said they are looking for bad boys that are rich, nice 6-pack physique, 6ft2+, dark and handsome. And any man falling short is discarded as not in their league or not worthy to chat them up.

Then when they are getting older and the looks are disappearing, all of a sudden they know how to be polite a little when they see a guy with potential/prospects because they have become ATM women (Anxious To Marry), and then start whining how "I am a nice, intelligent woman, how come men don't want to commit to me". They want a guy with potential to come and take the fading goods.

To me, this is akin to a trader that dominates a market with his special medicinal fruits that other traders can not provide. This trader is now very rude to his customers and greedy when pricing. He does not care about them queueing up for hours to buy his stuff. Telling the general customers to fck off if they do not like it and leave his store. He is only nice to the aristocracy and royalty who are ready to pay him loads. The general customers buy because he is the only provider and it is the only fast and good cure to their ailment.

Then one day, some Chinese traders enter the market and are able to source and bring this medicinal fruit to the customers at cheap prices. They understand customer service and give low prices. Everyone flocks to them. Then the local trader tries to reduce his price and wants to start being nice to customers because he has stock that would soon degrade and perish if he does not sell it soon. He then starts whining that why are customers buying from foreigners over one of their own local sons.

This was the analogy I gave to a close friend recently when I was at Liverpool. Naija girls need to be nice when they are at the top or peak value. Not when the share price is falling.

1 Like

Re: by EfemenaXY: 2:17am On Aug 10, 2012
Clever. No comment on their ages though cheesy

Hmmm... You assume they're in the marriage market? You forget that marriage is not the-be-all-and-end-all for everyone. Moreso, on the western shores.

True, they're my friends & you won't know them...but I can tell you this though - some are from well educated upper middle class Nigerian backgrounds. Posh, even. So rule out the assumption that they view men as "potential meal tickets". These are career girls that give their male counterparts a good run for their money. So the issue of share prices dropping in value is't applicable here.

But why am I saying all of this? Well, it's because your notion of most Nigerian girls over isn't strictly true. There are hard working, beautiful, decent home girls in the UK. You've probably not met them yet, OR have been looking in the wrong places... smiley

Good anology though :cool
Re: by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 10, 2012
hmm...o critical. our dear naija girls. like play play the stereotype has stuck- whether it's a cultural thing now or how they got indoctrinated i dunno.
one thing's for sure tho, makes it all the more refreshing when u meet the few friendly ones....
@post, it's not so much about actively teaching a child manners but letting the child naturally copy ur behavior. then you can reinforce this with the right words.
also, can't stress enough that having self-esteem and confidence isn't about being loud and obnoxious.
Re: by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 10, 2012
Re: by Sagamite(m): 9:02am On Aug 10, 2012
When I say share price falling, I did not mean their wealth, I meant their looks.

Majority of women are at their aesthetic pick between the ages of 17 to about 25.

Note: That is majority, some might break that rule. Secondly that does not mean when they are over 25, they become look-wise like witches with leprosy. Nah, they are just not at their peak, they might still be hot.

Now unlike men, women attract partners based on two core things: their looks and their personality. The former is by far the most dominant, the latter is important too though.

I am yet to see a woman that is not good looking that attracts genuine mating partners because she is talented at singing, business, running etc. If she is not good looking, most men will just clap and appreciate her talent but not be turned on.

Now Usain Bolt is not the most handsome man one can see but I can guarantee you at the moment, he is the most sexy man in London. Majority of women would love to split for him. If he was not a fast runner but replenishes the shelf stock at night for Tescos, he would stuggle to find an attractive girlfriend despite his height.

So when Naija girls are at their peak they lack the personality part of attraction. They see no problem with this because there are many desperate niggas in London that will take their shyt. When these girls start aging and the looks start declining, they start trying to develop personalities that they should have developed long ago. Some would struggle to attract partners because some of their bad personality traits is well ingrained and a proclivity that they do instinctively and they do not even know they are doing because they have never got anyone giving them feedback as we live in a cultural setting that tells women they can behave as they wish, and men are discouraged from saying anything negative about women because it is not gentlemanly or metrosexual. And most of these mugu London men are enthusiastic about this philosophy, they are hungry to get a black belt certificate from women for being top Real Men.

Let me give you a hint of the rudeness of black girls in London.

When we were back in Uni, me and my buddies went out for a night of clubbing, one of my buddies saw some nice black chic that Kai he had to make a move for.

Okay, this girl was Jamo, not Naija. Homeboy approached her and went to say hi. As usual you know the disparaging, mean stare most young black girls are somehow raised to give. She looked at him up and down like shyt and continued staring into space. Homeboy continued and tried to be nice. He said something to her and she replied and looked away, then he left her. I still remember his chat up style categorisation I did back then. His style was complete sweet complimentary talking with a soft voice. grin We all have different styles.

When he came back, we asked him what happened. He said he said hi and was trying to get to know her. When she was not responsive (looking mean) he told her that he really felt she was attractive and he couldn't miss the opportunity of trying to get to know her. She then turned to him and said meanly: "When you get a job, have a business or prospects, come back and try your luck"!

Damn! That was cold. I thought they would have to call an ambulance to get me to emergency because we were bursting our bellies with laughter. grin

That is what the guy got for trying to chat up a black girl. He sucked it up and we went to take our night buses home. No money for car back then.

The guy now wears a suit and has a good job. He has been with a white girl for years now. I wonder what this Jamo girl is up to now. She would probably see him in suit with a white woman on his arm and start insulting him for not sticking with "sisters". grin

I understand why footballers go for white girls.

4 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 10, 2012
lol saga, so true. all the black athletes can't be wrong.
smh @ "When you get a job, have a business or prospects, come back and try your luck"!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 10, 2012
so sad that this topic how now been reduced to this - the amount of times in the past a nigerian guy has openly told me to my face while chatting me up or getting my number that "ur so nice, this is so unlike nigerian girls" "ur the best of both worlds - a white girl in black skin" i'm sorry but that is a f**king insult to me and shows a level of ignorance and lack of exposure to me - how can a few experiences with a number of black girls now tar all of us with the same brush. Gosh it was not that long ago we as a people where deemed sub-human and made slaves based on black people seen as inferior to all other races

I doubt any of us women would ever start saying to a nigerian guy "oh ur so nice, u don't do 419 like so many other nigerian guys" "o ur so different u don't have 10 baby mamas scattered around the place" "o u must be a wife beater since its the norm with african men"

Sagamite - u are quite an intelligent man and I like to think these postings are just online rants but it saddens me as a mother to a black girl that our men think still think like this - it has so many other far reaching consequences that if you think about it properly u can begin to see why black women are really seen as the bottom of the human/racial food chain.

maybe i'm not making sense and ur confidence is slightly sexy (my fiance should not see this o!) but honestly try to say the black women u have come across - and like i said stop chatting up london girls

1 Like

Re: by yme1(f): 11:25am On Aug 10, 2012
cotton101: so sad that this topic how now been reduced to this - the amount of times in the past a nigerian guy has openly told me to my face while chatting me up or getting my number that "ur so nice, this is so unlike nigerian girls" "ur the best of both worlds - a white girl in black skin" i'm sorry but that is a f**king insult to me and shows a level of ignorance and lack of exposure to me - how can a few experiences with a number of black girls now tar all of us with the same brush. Gosh it was not that long ago we as a people where deemed sub-human and made slaves based on black people seen as inferior to all other races

I doubt any of us women would ever start saying to a nigerian guy "oh ur so nice, u don't do 419 like so many other nigerian guys" "o ur so different u don't have 10 baby mamas scattered around the place" "o u must be a wife beater since its the norm with african men"

Sagamite - u are quite an intelligent man and I like to think these postings are just online rants but it saddens me as a mother to a black girl that our men think still think like this - it has so many other far reaching consequences that if you think about it properly u can begin to see why black women are really seen as the bottom of the human/racial food chain.

maybe i'm not making sense and ur confidence is slightly sexy (my fiance should not see this o!) but honestly try to say the black women u have come across - and like i said stop chatting up london girls
Sagamite, 'A word to the wise is enough'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Husband Beats Wife For "Buhari Is Working" Comment (Photos) / My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit / A Nairalander Retakes photo Of His Mum And Siblings After 24 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.