Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month (13580 Views)

Buhari's Victory Celebration At Gani Fawehinmi Freedom Park In Ojota, Lagos / Fawehinmi To Jonathan -Show Competence Or Comply With Boko Haram And Resign. / President Jonathan, Prove Your Competence Or Resign! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month by Kobojunkie: 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2012
touch_me_hard:
Now I see you are totally CLUELESS.

.. . .this is rich, coming from the one who asked the lamest question of the day! undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month by timilehin007(m): 4:00pm On Aug 08, 2012
[quote author=vanunu]Please Mr Mohammed Fawehinmi suggest to us how to solve the Boko Haram problem are you not a Nigerian, you think it is easy to tackle these terrorists, people that are ready to kill themselves.[/quo
te]
Mr man, its not Fawehinmi's duty to deal w̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̝̊̅̄†̥̥h̶̲̥̅̊ security issues, the major and the most important issue Gej should first be concern with is the well-being of the nation, that's primary objective but its a pity he has no skill and lack leadership qualities, many presidents have had issues like this an single handedly treated it but your brother is such an incompetent confused man..the best bet is for him to step down if power is to remain in Niger Delta..i think Akpabio and Rotimi Amaechi would be far better

1 Like

Re: Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month by sarutobie(m): 4:17pm On Aug 08, 2012
Do you honestly think the sponsors of bokoharam will accept someone 'from the creeks' just because he bears another name which isn't jonathan?.
Re: Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month by Kobojunkie: 4:29pm On Aug 08, 2012
timilehin007: Mr man, its not Fawehinmi's duty to deal w̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̝̊̅̄†̥̥h̶̲̥̅̊ security issues, the major and the most important issue Gej should first be concern with is the well-being of the nation, that's primary objective but its a pity he has no skill and lack leadership qualities, many presidents have had issues like this an single handedly treated it but your brother is such an incompetent confused man..the best bet is for him to step down if power is to remain in Niger Delta..i think Akpabio and Rotimi Amaechi would be far better

There's nothing best about allowing power remain in any particular region. Like I said, the seat does not belong to any body's father, mother or ethnic group, and I see no reason why we should not try to make it so. What the PDP has within it's structure should not, I repeat, should not then now be made a part of our National design. If Jonathan is removed let him keep the Shame while the Nation moves on to find a better candidate irrespective of ethnicity.

3 Likes

Re: Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month by DExplorer1: 6:43pm On Aug 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:

There's nothing best about allowing power remain in any particular region. Like I said, the seat does not belong to any body's father, mother or ethnic group, and I see no reason why we should not try to make it so. What the PDP has within it's structure should not, I repeat, should not then now be made a part of our National design. If Jonathan is removed let him keep the Shame while the Nation moves on to find a better candidate irrespective of ethnicity.
Kobo, i like it when you place words on probability. GEJ is never gonna be removed. Lets keep praying to have him till 2019.
Re: Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month by Beaf: 6:50pm On Aug 08, 2012
Funny thread! Lol!
Mohammed, please respect Gani.
Re: Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month by Afam4eva(m): 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2012
Is this an advise or an order. Btw, who's this Fawehinmi guy?
Re: Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month by Kobojunkie: 7:01pm On Aug 08, 2012
Again . . .
timilehin007: Mr man, its not Fawehinmi's duty to deal w̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̝̊̅̄†̥̥h̶̲̥̅̊ security issues, the major and the most important issue Gej should first be concern with is the well-being of the nation, that's primary objective but its a pity he has no skill and lack leadership qualities, many presidents have had issues like this an single handedly treated it but your brother is such an incompetent confused man..the best bet is for him to step down if power is to remain in Niger Delta..i think Akpabio and Rotimi Amaechi would be far better

Re: Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month by Akiika: 7:12pm On Aug 08, 2012
Seriously, my 5 yrs old son is smarter than some people on this thread, judging by the kind of gibberish they write. Why do people stupily resort to emotional arguement rather than logical arguement? Why bring ethnic sentiment to every issue? Aren't you stupid if you are defending GEJ because he is from your tribe, yet you are suffering as a consequence of his ineptitude? Nigeria is seriously bleeped up!

1 Like

Re: Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month by PhysicsQED(m): 7:16pm On Aug 08, 2012
samkoro: Mohamed Fawehimin is the son of the late Gani Fawehimin.He is not as intelligent as Gani.He often struggles to be as radical as Gani but Gani's shoes are too big for him. When he talks ,you see it in him that he is wearing oversized shoes. So oversized that his knees are almost inside the shoes.A son cannot be equal to his father. A son can only be greater or lower than the father.Obasanjos children will attest to that.As part of the oversized shoe metaphor,Gani's chamber is like an oversized warehouse and library to him(mohamed).He doesn't know where to get the relevant law reports.He is just lost in that chamber.

So,I'm not surprised to hear him make irrational statements to a president that is facing a turbulence that no president has faced.Ask him for suggestions on how to tackle insecurity and his head0will go blank.

To him,GEJ is weak because of the following.

He is not assassinating journalists who have sold their conscience to the opposition

He doesn't send letter bombs like IBB,Jail Journalist like Buhari,bomb innocent villagers like OBJ.

His power reforms are working.Just imagine having a 24 hour light for about a month now

He is not assassinating political opponents

He prefers to give free and fair election without rigging

He gives fair hearing to every body without being carried away by sentiments

Good post.
Re: Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 08, 2012
Okija_juju:

Nwokem go and sit down...

Gani never once asked Obasanjo to step down... No Yoruba man ever asked him to step down.. We are not fools..

http://saharareporters.com/interview/obasanjo-most-corrupt-nigerian-gani-fawehinmi

http://www.panapress.com/Lawyer-asks-Obasanjo-to-resign-over-company-shares--13-480070-18-lang1-index.html

Read that sir and desist from ethnic n tribal sentiment.
Re: Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 08, 2012
Pukkah:

Is this a case of selective amnesia just to justify your tribal approach to this issue?

See a link below wherein Gani called for Obasanjo's impeachment!

http://www.proshareng.com/news/singleNews.php?id=1604

The Action Congress (an opposition party then) also called on Obasanjo to either resign or be impeached by the National Assembly.http://digitalizenigeria.com/2012/04/06/church-building-donation-anglican-church-faults-acn-on-calls-for-jonathan%E2%80%99s-impeachment/

The Conference of Nigerian Political Parties also called on the National Assembly to serve impeachment notices to both Obasanjo and Atiku. That call was made by Dr Tunji Braithwaithe (a Yoruba man) because of the PTDF scandal. http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=9234&z=17

Another group, Centre for Criminal Justice Reform and Citizen Awareness (CJ-RCA)also called on the National Assembly to impeach Obasanjo if the country must survive. That call was made by Mr. Paul Obianaso http://news.biafranigeriaworld.com/archive/2003/oct/04/027.html

In all these cases, how come the country was then not divided or polarized along tribal or religious lines? Why are you guys, instead of engaging the opposition or people with dissenting opinion intellectually, resorting to the cheap antics of tribalism and ethnicity? Isn't this shameful?

Having proved to you now that Gani, and even many others called for Obasanjo's impeachment and/or resignation, what do you have to say now?

At times like this, I advise that people should caution themselves on what they say or else you may actually be creating more problems for President Jonathan that you think you're defending. Just check out all the responses of the people 'defending' him, it is either outright insult, personality attack or resort to tribalism. This is sad.

By the way, Obasanjo left power in 2007 and yet you're still using him as the basis to adjudge our present President. What can you make of that? Is that a compliment on Jonathan? Is the country going forward or backward?

Thank you. God bless you
Re: Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month by mmonyem: 9:17pm On Aug 08, 2012
why are we just contemplating on all these. please, GEJ is de commander in chief of d arm forces, he has all de power to do any tin and should nt be threatened by any small set of people. if it were OBJ, he would have declared state of emergency in the northern states since. please some one should tell GEJ that.
Re: Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 08, 2012
Pukkah.

Anytime you silence them with facts....they take off to another thread to launch another tribal bashing all in support of GEJ. grin cheesy grin
Re: Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month by naturalwaves: 11:28pm On Aug 08, 2012
ilugunboy: Pukkah.

Anytime you silence them with facts....they take off to another thread to launch another tribal bashing all in support of GEJ. grin cheesy grin
Lol.Exactly!U just said my mind.
Re: Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month by Pukkah: 7:52am On Aug 09, 2012
ilugunboy: Pukkah.

Your observation is right and it's sad that those people are not helping GEJ at all.

By encasing him in an envelope of tribalism, they make him appear helpless, hapless, and weak.
By always rushing to grab ethnic reasons and threats, they make him appear divisive, less of a President of Nigeria and more of a regional President.

By bringing up the regimes of Obasanjo and Yar'adua, they make those ex-Presidents look better and make him look inferior or vindictive.
By denigrating everybody that criticizes GEJ, they make him appear like a coward that can't cope with criticisms.

By throwing insults all over, they (the supposed GEJ team) reveal their ill-bred nature and appear unworthy of being presidential spokesmen.
By abandoning threads when confronted with cold facts, they reveal what they really are - spineless, gluttonous, sycophantic cowards!

They usually forget (conveniently) that the South West did not make a regional leader out of Obasanjo and the North did not create a regional president out of Yar'adua although both of them faced intense and acerbic criticisms. The criticisms of Obasanjo by the South West was even unparalleled. I ask, who are the real tribalists?

Please note that they, and not the opposition, are the real enemies of Mr President. They create more problems for him and complicate those that he already has although they claim to be speaking for him. What an irony!
Re: Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 09, 2012
Pukkah:

Your observation is right and it's sad that those people are not helping GEJ at all.

By encasing him in an envelope of tribalism, they make him appear helpless, hapless, and weak.
By always rushing to grab ethnic reasons and threats, they make him appear divisive, less of a President of Nigeria and more of a regional President.

By bringing up the regimes of Obasanjo and Yar'adua, they make those ex-Presidents look better and make him look inferior or vindictive.
By denigrating everybody that criticizes GEJ, they make him appear like a coward that can't cope with criticisms.

By throwing insults all over, they (the supposed GEJ team) reveal their ill-bred nature and appear unworthy of being presidential spokesmen.
By abandoning threads when confronted with cold facts, they reveal what they really are - spineless, gluttonous, sycophantic cowards!

They usually forget (conveniently) that the South West did not make a regional leader out of Obasanjo and the North did not create a regional president out of Yar'adua although both of them faced intense and acerbic criticisms. The criticisms of Obasanjo by the South West was even unparalleled. I ask, who are the real tribalists?

Please note that they, and not the opposition, are the real enemies of Mr President. They create more problems for him and complicate those that he already has although they claim to be speaking for him. What an irony!

At the risk of sounding like a sycophant...you've said it all.

They are creating more problems for him.

More people that voted for him back then are now his harshest critics because we've been let down by people who feel they "owned" Mr. President.
Re: Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month by deshclones(m): 4:45pm On Aug 09, 2012
ilugunboy:

At the risk of sounding like a sycophant...you've said it all.

They are creating more problems for him.

More people that voted for him back then are now his harshest critics because we've been let down by people who feel they "owned" Mr. President.

nwanne suppu...if english language were a human being..it would be bleeding from this grammatical blunder you committed...gutter kid..harshest indeed..lol
Re: Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 09, 2012
deshclones:

nwanne suppu...if english language were a human being..it would be bleeding from this grammatical blunder you committed...gutter kid..harshest indeed..lol

Dude, "Harshest", is a word and he used it in the proper context.

1 Like

Re: Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2012
kingoflag:

Dude, "Harshest", is a word and he used it in the proper context.

Ohhhhhhh...!!! Kingoflag, you don't need to reply such type of people, they are simply not worth the effort.
Re: Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2012
deshclones:

I think you are the one making a f0ol of yourself around....and you are doing that in a big way!

It amazing the kind of nitwits we have here on Nairaland nowadays..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

List Of 10 Poorest States In Nigeria / Ugbekpe-ekperi: Remembering Dele Giwa 29 Years After / Akande, Ajimobi, Amosun And Aregbesola Meet Over APC Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.