Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,041 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help (1882 Views)

Humour: Does This Realy Say's Truth Abt Programmers / Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? / Cout << "c++ Here I Come"; (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by Barthx(m): 11:09pm On Aug 08, 2012
Please am trying to run ORACLE 10g on my system but i keep getting this message
'ORA 12546 TNS permission denied'
hv tried evrytn i knw bt still geting d same thing...
Please what do i do??
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by gistme24(m): 11:53pm On Aug 08, 2012
Probably caused because the necessary permission needed to launch the server is not set
What OS are you using?
check the permission of the oracle home bin directory.
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by Barthx(m): 12:53am On Aug 09, 2012
gistme24: Probably caused because the necessary permission needed to launch the server is not set
What OS are you using?
check the permission of the oracle home bin directory.

Am using win 7.
Hw do i check d permission?
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by Bams95: 8:42pm On Aug 11, 2012
Maybe the 10g is not compatible with ur windows 7.i will say u should try installing 11g instead.
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by Barthx(m): 9:09pm On Aug 12, 2012
Bams95: Maybe the 10g is not compatible with ur windows 7.i will say u should try installing 11g instead.
thx wld try 2 get d 11g.
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by smittie39(m): 4:41am On Aug 13, 2012
Why don't u try using Win7 Ultimate.... That should work and B4 then u need to see ur settings k
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by Barthx(m): 9:02am On Aug 13, 2012
smittie39: Why don't u try using Win7 Ultimate.... That should work and B4 then u need to see ur settings k
i had a similar version installed on my previous systen(win 7 ultimate) which worked well. But nw i jst got a new system with win 7 starter installed. Instead of having 2 format nd upgrade 2 ultimate i tink i wld rather look 4 d 11g instead.
Thanks anyway.
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by lordZOUGA(m): 9:11am On Aug 13, 2012
Barthx:
i had a similar version installed on my previous systen(win 7 ultimate) which worked well. But nw i jst got a new system with win 7 starter installed. Instead of having 2 format nd upgrade 2 ultimate i tink i wld rather look 4 d 11g instead.
Thanks anyway.
you do not need to format your system to upgrade from windows7 starter to windows 7 ultimate... Its a very easy procedure though...
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 13, 2012
I also had the same problem installing 10g on window 7 altimate..i tested with 7 different laptops until i got to knw 10g is not compactible with window 7 but i heard 10g has two versions with whch of one dem works with window 7
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by Barthx(m): 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2012
lordZOUGA:
you do not need to format your system to upgrade from windows7 starter to windows 7 ultimate... Its a very easy procedure though...
are u sure abt dis cos d last time i tried it i didnt see anything like upgrade so i just asumed dat it cnt b done.
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by Barthx(m): 1:24pm On Aug 13, 2012
Soyedele1: I also had the same problem installing 10g on window 7 altimate..i tested with 7 different laptops until i got to knw 10g is not compactible with window 7 but i heard 10g has two versions with whch of one dem works with window 7
That would be true cos like i earlier said i had it installed on my former system. (version 10.2). Bt d version i nw hv is 10.1.
Already tried everytn i knw bt yet no changes.
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by Barthx(m): 1:27pm On Aug 13, 2012
Soyedele1: I also had the same problem installing 10g on window 7 altimate..i tested with 7 different laptops until i got to knw 10g is not compactible with window 7 but i heard 10g has two versions with whch of one dem works with window 7
which version 10g do you have?
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 13, 2012
I think 10.1 bt am now on 11g and it is working perfectly on my system
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by lordZOUGA(m): 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2012
Barthx:
are u sure abt dis cos d last time i tried it i didnt see anything like upgrade so i just asumed dat it cnt b done.
really? You searched for "anytime upgrade" or "windows anytime upgrade"?
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by Barthx(m): 5:10pm On Aug 13, 2012
lordZOUGA:
really? You searched for "anytime upgrade" or "windows anytime upgrade"?
finally upgraded to Ultimate but that did not solve the problem.
Atleast i learnt somtin new today. Thx
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by Barthx(m): 5:12pm On Aug 13, 2012
Soyedele1: I think 10.1 bt am now on 11g and it is working perfectly on my system
thats gud.pls where did u get urs? And whats ur current location?
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 13, 2012
I stay in ibadan bt d NLer dt gave me d software stays in lagos..where do u stay?
Barthx:
thats gud.pls where did u get urs? And whats ur current location?
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by Barthx(m): 5:59am On Aug 14, 2012
Soyedele1: I stay in ibadan bt d NLer dt gave me d software stays in lagos..where do u stay?
Based in lag, currently in Benin, serving in Okene(kogi).
Viewed ur profile nd saw d links posted. Wld check them out weneva i can.
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by 9jaswagga(m): 9:45am On Aug 16, 2012
@Barthx, sorry am getting ur post late but what i can tell you after being an Oracle Instructor with good number of years under my belt and now a DBA with a blue chip coy, first and foremost Oracle has (SOME) DB softwares that aint compatible with most operating systems for Windows which makes Linux OS preferably for scalability and security purposes. All the same when i taught most of my students, i discovered alot of config had to be done to make Oracle Db compatible with your Windows Os. So what i will advise is since ur already using a Windows 7 OS, dont upgrade or try to install diff versions of Oracle DB,just install VMware workstation and install a Windows Server 2000 0r 2003 OS on the VMware and install any Oracle version on it with very minimum config needed to be carried out. Reason being Oracle Standalone DB (Oracle DB Xpress and Oracle DB for test environment) is meant for other versions of Windows OS but the main Oracle DB was designed having a Server (MultiUSer) OS in mind, In essence the main Oracle DB (9i, 10g,11g) which are the most popular DB is meant for Windows Server OS. Bottlenecks to avoid are:
1. Before Installing VmWare, make sure you have up to 4GB RAM and good amount of HDD on ur laptop.
2. Network Card must be very good and functional
3.Plan ur DB architecture very well to avoid conflict with other resources competing for processor speed and underlying OS (Windows 7)
Call me on 08073090352 for configs to get ur DB up to speed. Best Regards,
Philemon wink
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by Barthx(m): 3:18am On Aug 17, 2012
9jaswagga: @Barthx, sorry am getting ur post late but what i can tell you after being an Oracle Instructor with good number of years under my belt and now a DBA with a blue chip coy, first and foremost Oracle has (SOME) DB softwares that aint compatible with most operating systems for Windows which makes Linux OS preferably for scalability and security purposes. All the same when i taught most of my students, i discovered alot of config had to be done to make Oracle Db compatible with your Windows Os. So what i will advise is since ur already using a Windows 7 OS, dont upgrade or try to install diff versions of Oracle DB,just install VMware workstation and install a Windows Server 2000 0r 2003 OS on the VMware and install any Oracle version on it with very minimum config needed to be carried out. Reason being Oracle Standalone DB (Oracle DB Xpress and Oracle DB for test environment) is meant for other versions of Windows OS but the main Oracle DB was designed having a Server (MultiUSer) OS in mind, In essence the main Oracle DB (9i, 10g,11g) which are the most popular DB is meant for Windows Server OS. Bottlenecks to avoid are:
1. Before Installing VmWare, make sure you have up to 4GB RAM and good amount of HDD on ur laptop.
2. Network Card must be very good and functional
3.Plan ur DB architecture very well to avoid conflict with other resources competing for processor speed and underlying OS (Windows 7)
Call me on 08073090352 for configs to get ur DB up to speed. Best Regards,
Philemon wink
Thanks for taking out time 2 help find a solution. I actualy hv a RAM of 2GIG hence d option wldnt b so feasible. Wld try 2 get oda versions.
#i nided or still nid d 10 or 11g 2 help refresh my memory nd also prepare 4 my professional exam by October
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 17, 2012
When r u going to lag?
Barthx:
Thanks for taking out time 2 help find a solution. I actualy hv a RAM of 2GIG hence d option wldnt b so feasible. Wld try 2 get oda versions.
#i nided or still nid d 10 or 11g 2 help refresh my memory nd also prepare 4 my professional exam by October
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by Barthx(m): 8:32am On Aug 17, 2012
Soyedele1: When r u going to lag?
dnt knw yet.
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 17, 2012
Wld lve to gv d software as it ws gvn to me too...free of charge
Barthx:
dnt knw yet.
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by Barthx(m): 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2012
Soyedele1: Wld lve to gv d software as it ws gvn to me too...free of charge
dats nyce... Wld let u knw weneva am entering lag.
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by DonTim1: 5:22pm On Aug 18, 2012
why not try installing vmaware with linux red hat 5, i am guessing u dont plan to run the oracle server in a production environment, so get oracle 10 / 11g and install in the Linux VM, even with your 2G, u would run ok with patience. like some1 said, the main DB version of oracle focused for multiuser environment. google is your friend for the install procedure n really, oracle runs smooth on Linux. good luck
Re: Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help by Barthx(m): 1:32pm On Aug 19, 2012
Don Tim: why not try installing vmaware with linux red hat 5, i am guessing u dont plan to run the oracle server in a production environment, so get oracle 10 / 11g and install in the Linux VM, even with your 2G, u would run ok with patience. like some1 said, the main DB version of oracle focused for multiuser environment. google is your friend for the install procedure n really, oracle runs smooth on Linux. good luck
ok i wld consider dat option. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Phpbrowserbox Goes Open-source! / Gbedion : Social Crowdfunding For Africans / Is PYTHON Better Than PHP In Web Development?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.