Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,086 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio (11426 Views)

Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! / What Has He Or She Done To Warrant Your Vote. / GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by dayokanu(m): 6:14pm On Aug 09, 2012
dedeike:

Ignorance is when you log into Nairaland to turn a blind eye to all the numerous achievements recorded by this govt in one year.

Ignorance is when you pass through Apapa-Oshodi and pretend you don't see the reconstruction work by Julius Berger on that road.

Ignorance is when you see the dedicated bridge linking river pool roundabout to Tin can and pretend it doesn't exist.

Ignorance is when you don't know that Benin-Ore-Sagamu was a hideous eyesore abandoned by previous govts in Nigeria but GEJ is now doing it.

Ignorance is when you saw the award for the construction of second Niger Bridge and Dualisation of the second phase of Kaduna-Maidugri topics on Nairaland, you exit the thread thinking no one will notice.

Ignorance is when you don't know anything about the massive reforms in our oil sector and the provisions of PIB

ignorance is when you dont know anything about ongoing power sector reforms, revival of NIPP, refurbishment of power plants, and the significant improvement in power nationwide

Lies is when dedeike logs in to NL and credits retardeen Jonathan for Ibadan-Ilorin road whose contract was awarded in 2000 and has been in use since 2010
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by boyendowed(m): 6:18pm On Aug 09, 2012
edicolove:

So you expect a sitting governor to come out and talk like Edwin Clerk that's not in government? Was El rufai criticizing gorvernment when he was there? You aint that smart obviously. My mistake for expecting too much

You should have known by now that lacasa is not smart at all.I suspect lacasa is the same as el rufai
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by DExplorer1: 6:18pm On Aug 09, 2012
Salmaoyiza: Akpabio is not saying the truth just because they are of the same political party. Let us go back to the time when late Umaru Yaradua was in regime, he grant all the Niger-delta militants amnesty. Why couldn't GEJ do the same to boko haram, or is he their god-father?
Hey Lass, GEJ cannot grant BH amnesty and that's because 1) They're faceless. 2)They're terrorist group. 3) They don't have a justifiable cause. 4) They're powered by the Northern leaders of the opposition party against this government. 5) Their modus-operandi is too dangerous for a sane society.
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 09, 2012
jeroton: I still wonder what Gej is still doing in office because d guy is just incapacitated,remember he has told us that he knew who bokohara sponsored are he even said he has some of them in his government $ he still unablbe to bring them to book.non implementation of budget is an impeachechable offence let us drop sentement any day a bomb blast in south west here we 'll know that we are not safe at all in this country.let us tell this guy the truth something should be done to show we are secured $ people are saying notherner should not rule my question is are they not part of nigeria?
jeroton, r u high on garri. Check d history of nigeria, 4rm tafawa balewa 2 yardua, how many years, have northerners ruled dis country, yet, dey r not satisfied. A zone dat have ruled 4 over 40years, and jonathan is just a year on d saddle and you are saying northerners should be given back d power. I guess ur a sentimental bigot(fool).sorry, if i sound insultive, But just try stop being a fool. Ok!
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by naturalwaves: 6:19pm On Aug 09, 2012
dedeike:

Ignorance is when you log into Nairaland to turn a blind eye to all the numerous achievements recorded by this govt in one year.

Ignorance is when you pass through Apapa-Oshodi and pretend you don't see the reconstruction work by Julius Berger on that road.

Ignorance is when you see the dedicated bridge linking river pool roundabout to Tin can and pretend it doesn't exist.

Ignorance is when you don't know that Benin-Ore-Sagamu was a hideous eyesore abandoned by previous govts in Nigeria but GEJ is now doing it.

Ignorance is when you saw the award for the construction of second Niger Bridge and Dualisation of the second phase of Kaduna-Maidugri topics on Nairaland, you exit the thread thinking no one will notice.

Ignorance is when you don't know anything about the massive reforms in our oil sector and the provisions of PIB

ignorance is when you dont know anything about ongoing power sector reforms, revival of NIPP, refurbishment of power plants, and the significant improvement in power nationwide
Boring! Can U try another one? We are still defining CLUELESSNESS and we avnt moved to IGNORANCE....Pls,don't put GEJ in trouble cos if we start on 'Ignorance',he myt end up crying.Just leave it on cluelessness for now.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by occam(m): 6:21pm On Aug 09, 2012
Yaya6: Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Dr. Godswill Akpabio yesterday said President Goodluck Jonathan has not committed any impeachable offence.

Besides, the governor who is from the South South region assured that the planned impeachment exercise process of the President by the House of Representatives lawmakers would be an exercise in futility.

Akpabio also criticized those asking the President to resign over the insecurity challenges facing the country, saying Jonathan is capable enough to address the Boko Haram treat.

He noted that as long as the Peoples Democratic Party [PDP] enjoyed the majority seats at the lower chamber, it would be difficult to remove the President.

It will be called that the lower chambers members have given the September to fully implement the 2012 budget or face impeachment.

The governor spoke to reporters at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja while returning from an Investment Summit in the United States on Tuesday night.

According to him, “the President has not committed any impeachable offence. “I am not a member of the National Assembly but I can tell you that the PDP, which I belong, has majority in the National Assembly and the party representatives has no intention to support any plan or intention to impeach Mr. President. Any right thinking politician will know that there is nothing in the offing that will warrant the impeachment plot. There is no reality in that rumour.”

Defending the President on the issue of insecurity in the country, the governor described the Boko Haram members as a faceless set of people, who indulged in mischief under the guise of religion.

He said the President has the capacity to address the crisis.

According to him, the group would soon surrender their arms because as Nigerians, they also want to witness peace.

He said: “Who are the members of the Boko Haram? When we see Boko Haram members, we will discuss with them because as far as I am concerned, we still have a lot of people masquerading under Boko Haram to send a lot of mischief text messages, information, among others. Mr. President has the apparatus of government to know truly who is a Boko Haram member and who is not.

“ I am sure that he is taking the right security steps to address their feelings and I am very sure that very soon, Boko Haram will lay down their arms because they are Nigerians and they would like to see peace.”

Akpabio said Nigerians believe in secularity, saying the issue of Islamisation  of the country is being sponsored by those backing the dreaded Islamic group

He said: “The rumour about Islamisation of Nigeria is being orchestrated by people who are hiding under Boko Haram to cause crisis. It happened in the Niger Delta when we had militants and all sorts of people claiming to be Boyloaf, Tompolo and others.

“It was only after the amnesty was declared that these kingpins under militancy came around and people saw them. They were people who were being used; some people were paying money to these people who called themselves militant warlords in the Niger Delta. They were not and clearly speaking, a lot of 419 and a lot of youths are trying to take advantage of the situation and trying to be Boko Haram.

“So, there is no truth about that; I just want to allay your fears. Don’t allow people to deceive you that they want to Islamise Nigeria. No! Nigerians believe in their secularity and the strength of this country is in our plurality and I am very happy and proud to be a Nigerian. Once the grievances of the Boko Haram sect are addressed, I am sure they will also be very happy to lay down their arms for the betterment of this country. Don’t listen to that rumour, that rumour is just baseless. “

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/08/09/jonathan-done-nothing-warrant-impeachment-governor-akpabio/

According to Akpabio "the President has the capacity to address the crisis"... the group would soon surrender their arms because as Nigerians, they also want to witness peace." What kind of gibberish is this? So the president has an ace up his sleeve, don't worry Boko Harem will surrender because they want peace. This is reassurance they give to outside investors. Who will believe crap like this?

aaah these people self.
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by vanunu: 6:34pm On Aug 09, 2012
betalife: My Brother, Let us face the reality. If one of his family members are among those that had been killed by Boko Haram, he would have taken a drastic steps to track down these evil people. Let him do something on it before you can comment on whether he is impeachable or not.

please define drastic step for us?
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by kadrigas(m): 6:54pm On Aug 09, 2012
GEJ TOO SLOW IN DECISION TAKEN,AS GRAND COMMANDER
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by kingparagon1: 7:00pm On Aug 09, 2012
jmaine: Only the extremely foolish set of people, had high hopes of a possible impeachment

Akpabio is just stating the obvious
u said it all. Impeach nigeria president? Dat's another life!!!
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by sheyguy: 7:00pm On Aug 09, 2012
Pukkah:

Who is 'the North'? Remember the Northern PDP governors preferred GEJ to Atiku.
Brilliant comment!
Since the north "preffered" GEJ to Atiku, the Gej army really have nothing to hold the north for.
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by jeroton: 7:05pm On Aug 09, 2012
donchris33: jeroton, r u high on garri. Check d history of nigeria, 4rm tafawa balewa 2 yardua, how many years, have northerners ruled dis country, yet, dey r not satisfied. A zone dat have ruled 4 over 40years, and jonathan is just a year on d saddle and you are saying northerners should be given back d power. I guess ur a sentimental bigot(fool).sorry, if i sound insultive, But just try stop being a fool. Ok!
I understand ur sentiment but the thing is for how long can you prevent notherner in becoming pres.$ mind u I'm not advocating for any tribe eigther north south or east but anybody wha has the bravado to tackle nig problem squarely.think about it if bomb should blast around u God forbid I think you will know that something should be done $ Yaradua tafawabalewa bahari $ co are no longer the president
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by dguyindcorner(m): 7:10pm On Aug 09, 2012
that reminds me of wat gov. of rivers state,Rotimi Amaechi said on a programme called 60 Minutes With Angela.He said: ''i don't think that not building school,water or light constitutes an impeachable offence.What constitutes an impeachabe offence by constitution is security of lives & property...''

1 Like

Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by lordandy: 7:41pm On Aug 09, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]
dplordx: [b]Akpabio might be a hardworking governor, but his statement is entire insincere and a total move to ingratiate himself with the president. If GEJ has his type of mindset, Nigeria wont be where it is today.
I was in Kano recently, and you could tell by the body language of everyone over there....they felt like complete outcasts. Its like the entire Nigeria including the President, has completely given Bokoharam the "Green Light", to maim, destroy, and kill them wantonly; and whoever these guys are, GEJ have a knowledge of who they are, but since they arent ravaging either the SW, or SS, they can continue and have total freedom to kill those innocent Christians and police in the North.
Nigeria might be pariah nation, but the President is not supposed to condone the death of those who stood and voted him. Would the Votes of the people in the SS alone have gotten him into power without the overwhelming supports he'd garnered from this region? These states, Kano, Kaduna, etc, are states where GEJ won Buhari, and whose super-delegates ingored Atiku during the PDP primaries, and its a shame the same people who went out, despite been seriously intimated are the one now dying, and the president doesnt give "a damn", and he could careless, and keep jetting around the globe, talking about investment, rather than knowing Bokoharam is a priority that MUST be crushed.
Akapabio is a hypocrite for these statements. Please forget it, PDP or GEJ wont present you as a president come 2015 or 2019, or 2023. Dream on f00l![/b]
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by lordandy: 7:43pm On Aug 09, 2012
yes ooo u've said it all
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by emsgray: 7:47pm On Aug 09, 2012
i know for sure that GEJ is one of us on this forum, based on dat, what best advice can we give him? if he is impiched who takes over? how better can the person be? it is only one solution we have to our national issue "PRAYER!"
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by danjohn: 7:50pm On Aug 09, 2012
dedeike:

Chai dedeike, which laptop number is yours?
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by jmslimx(m): 7:53pm On Aug 09, 2012
Talk against the government of Goodluck
ebele Jonathan and get quizzed by SSS! Pastor
Tunde bakare and mallam el-rufie have had a
taste of that! To me this shambolic system of
governance display by the man at the center
calls for any right thinking person(s) to
criticize GEJ and all his ministers! This
government is turning dictatorial without any
feeling(s) for the plight of the people...
Nigerians are suffering everyday, we are the
victims of all the wrong steps taken by our
leaders, hundred of people are burying their
loved ones due to insecurity and our leaders
are just moving around as if all is well! They
loot our money, use the same looted
commonwealth to buy guns/explosives for
some people to start causing problems
everywhere! In Nigeria, soo many people are
above the law and walking around with
impunity! yes, boko haram is affecting the
country but is boko haram disturbing the
government from collecting taxes,oil
revenue...? Is boko haram against road
construction, provision of drinkable water,
provision of employment..? Is boko haram
behind the fuel subsidy bribe scandal?or is it
boko haram that stole all the money from fuel
subsidy removal? Why is it that when it comes
to the provision of developmental project and
programs that the government will blames
every of their failures on boko haram? No
light,employment,good road,poor
infrastructures, and there is proliferation of
arms everywhere! U leave ur house in the
morning and u cant beat ur chest that u will
return home safely because u might be bombed
away or hit by a stray bullet! The youth of this
country are the most gullible in the whole
world! Most of them are imbeciles, total
numb-skulls! they are carried away by
sentiments, tribalism,regionalism, religious
bigotry and forgetting the need to promote
credible leaders and ensuring their
enthronment but instead they eulogise
failures and clueless opportunists because of the
crumbs they are being fed with! Until we do
away with all these vices, Nigeria will remain
the way it is!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by Dollarman101: 7:56pm On Aug 09, 2012
dedeike:

I like as you dey fire this ignorant people for Nairaland. Kai! grin
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by kingroyce: 8:13pm On Aug 09, 2012
betalife: My Brother, Let us face the reality. If one of his family members are among those that had been killed by Boko Haram, he would have taken a drastic steps to track down these evil people. Let him do something on it before you can comment on whether he is impeachable or not.
good talk,he only has the capacity to handle the situation,truly He's working but he's also allowing these boko' fools to spoil everything n he knows the main players of this boko game-o-politics YEt all he does is to speak english and express sympathy because he's safe and has lost on loved one.
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by ypzilanti: 8:17pm On Aug 09, 2012
Insincerity from a governor that is performing on his own job.

Na paddy paddy...anyway, what are you expecting him to say?

No one has successfully negotiated with extremist muslim militants...ever.

It's fire for fire and containment. Most especially, infiltration of their ranks with informants.

Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by dedeike: 8:23pm On Aug 09, 2012
dayokanu:

Lies is when dedeike logs in to NL and credits retardeen Jonathan for Ibadan-Ilorin road whose contract was awarded in 2000 and has been in use since 2010
Ignorance is when you don't know and have vowed not to know that the said road has not been completed and was rather inherited by GEJ.

Ignorance is also when you don't know and have vowed not to know that same applies to Onitsha-Owerri which is nearing 90% completion by this govt.

Ignorance is when you don't know that this govt also undertook Zaria-Funtua-Gusau

Ignorance is when you don't know that Auchi-Okene has been awarded to Setraco construction giants.

Ignorance is when you don't know that Enugu Airport has been shut down for massive rehabilitation and reconstruction.

Ignorance is when you don't also know that this rehabilitation works applies to the domestic wing of Abuja Airport and other major airports in Nigeria.

Ignorance is when you don't know anything about the sanitisation of the ports and the elimination of 9 agencies who make clearing of goods difficult.

Ignorance is when you don't know jack about the ongoing construction of rail lines and the award of the second phase of Lagos-Kano rail to Chinese construction giants CCCEC.

Ignorance is when you try unsuccessfully to reduce Cassava bread revolution policy into a subject of ridicul because you lack both the mental and intellectual ability to understand the Agricultural transformation agenda
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by Dawdy(m): 8:27pm On Aug 09, 2012
akanugy: GEJ government will be dy best recorded Administration in Nigeria...........mark my word 2de.
Godswill must be done in dis country..weda BH likes it or not.
Long Live Naija
In ur dream! Jumua to maa da Alamisi lati mo, Oju to maa ba ni kale, ko kin ti aaro sepin.
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by ypzilanti: 8:29pm On Aug 09, 2012
dedeike:

Half of your list has already been discredited in previous posts. Meanwhile your government is preparing to build toll gates on pot holed expressways. The money that was collected from toll gates during OBJ's regime before the destruction of toll gates is still missing and unaccounted for. The money that is fuel tax that is supposed to go to FERMA for road rehabilitation is not appropriated even though this is backed by a law.
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by ocelot2006(m): 8:37pm On Aug 09, 2012
My very able governor has said it all. GEJ is going nowhere. The disgruntled members of NASS and Arewa are free to jump off 3rd Mainland bridge.
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by ocelot2006(m): 8:40pm On Aug 09, 2012
dedeike:
Ignorance is when you don't know and have vowed not to know that the said road has not been completed and was rather inherited by GEJ.

Ignorance is also when you don't know and have vowed not to know that same applies to Onitsha-Owerri which is nearing 90% completion by this govt.

Ignorance is when you don't know that this govt also undertook Zaria-Funtua-Gusau

Ignorance is when you don't know that Auchi-Okene has been awarded to Setraco construction giants.

Ignorance is when you don't know that Enugu Airport has been shut down for massive rehabilitation and reconstruction.

Ignorance is when you don't also know that this rehabilitation works applies to the domestic wing of Abuja Airport and other major airports in Nigeria.

Ignorance is when you don't know anything about the sanitisation of the ports and the elimination of 9 agencies who make clearing of goods difficult.

Ignorance is when you don't know jack about the ongoing construction of rail lines and the award of the second phase of Lagos-Kano rail to Chinese construction giants CCCEC.

Ignorance is when you try unsuccessfully to reduce Cassava bread revolution policy into a subject of ridicul because you lack both the mental and intellectual ability to understand the Agricultural transformation agenda

Well said bruv.
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by naturalwaves: 8:45pm On Aug 09, 2012
dayokanu:

Cluelessness is when a President tells us we have to pray for criminals to confess.

Cluelessness is when a President tells us we have to endure terror attacks

Cluelessness is when a president gallivants all over the globe while the country is burning

Cluelessness is when a presidnet tells you he cant visit Boko haram zones for over a year because there is nowhere to land.

Cluelessness is when a president comes on air to exonerate a terror group on Octber 1 2010 before the smokes of the bomb even settled

Cluelessness is when a president makes himself the spokesman of a terror group who has killed several citizens

Just in case Truckpusher needs some more definitions of cluelessness,here they are;
*Cluelessness is when a president is confused and lacks ideas.

*Cluelessness is when the most important thing to a president is the renaming of an institution when there are better things to be done.

*Cluelessness is when basic economic policies and strategies needs to be explained to a president like a baby.

*Cluelessness is when a president visits a crash site and sheds crocodile tears.

*Cluelessness is when a woman that cannot string simple sentences is forcefully made a Permanent Secreatary of a Ministry of Education and they say she is qualified.What an insult!

*Cluelessness is when a president fires a security person to cover up for his incompetence.

*Cluelessness is when the president says 'they laid their blood for d country' when innocent youths used as presiding officers during elections were murdered in cold blood due to lack of adequate security.

*Cluelessness is when the first lady of a country wants pensions for retired first ladies to secure her unsure future.

*Cluelessness is when terrible things begin to happen in a nation and nothing is done about it.

*Cluelessness is when the supposed president of the most populous black nation on earth is a P.R.O.

*Cluelessness is when a governor says a non performing president is unimpeachable.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 09, 2012
House is aggressive coz money isnt flowin as usual. Money bn released for ministerial projects are well monitored in this regime

1 Like

Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by freshout1: 9:43pm On Aug 09, 2012
DANILSA: grin grin
pls, i wnt to knw why OBJ,BABAGIDA,BUHARI Nd liks r quiet on bokoram issues.aint they elderstatemen.
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by Tiana155(f): 9:50pm On Aug 09, 2012
Any one blaming GEJ 4 d killings in d north is getting it all wrong. Look, it's like when u deprived a child 4rm been educated, nd u still punish d child 4 not been educated. We needed someone who is willing 2 shake things up, and we voted GEJ In 2 do d job. Now giving him d chance bcomes a problem and we all ve 4gotten dat things will get worse b4 they get better. Listen up every one, we should all knw dat our nation is in humongous dept, chronic unemployment, endemic corruption and chiotic politics and we need some one who wuld shake tings up and it's exactly what GEJ is doing, using his position 2 push progressive agenda. Let us give him a chance and see.
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by searay(m): 9:59pm On Aug 09, 2012
@OP adress this Govr ptoperly. It is Chief Dr. Not only Dr
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by Clerverly: 10:12pm On Aug 09, 2012
dedeike:

L[b]iar, so you are still around.[/b]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: We Will Make Atiku Lose His State – Adamawa APC LG Chairmen Vow / Liberian President Suspends Son From Office / Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.