Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! (47889 Views)

Breaking!! Apc Endorse President Buhari For A Second Tenure: See Why / May God Forbid That Any Government Will Repeat What Gej's Did – Oby Ezekwesil / SHOCKING: Buhari And Obasanjo Tenure More Corrupt Than Goodluck Tenure Says TI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 25, 2015
26-year-old Timi Adeoye graduated two years ago from the University of Benin and was a frequent user of the Benin-Ore route. According to him, “traveling on Nigerian roads used to be a nightmare for me; I still remember spending twelve long hours on a trip from Lagos to Benin regularly since I got admission eight years ago. “

“The memory of those trips still leaves a distaste in my mouth”, he continues, “but I had to continue because I had to go school. “
Being a road that is the major link road between the West and South of Nigeria, it was appalling that it was in that state of decay. From 2006 to as recent as 2012, anyone who plied the Benin-Ore route would have easily testified to its horrific state. The deplorable condition of the road aside, there were daredevil armed robbers who were lords of the night and perpetual residents of the area and it was inevitable that travellers inclined to always say a prayer to avert terrible traffic jam lasting hours, and loss of lives and property. As Adeoye aptly describes it, it was “hell on Earth”.

Popular columnist, Sonala Olumhense once said, “If you are a Nigerian, chances are you know someone who has spent an entire day, at least once, traveling the 140-mile Sagamu-Benin City road, or been killed trying to do so.“

As the legend goes, a former Minister of Works was reported to have cried openly while inspecting the said road once, calling it a guzzler of lives. Citizen upon citizen have resorted to pleading with successive governments on national television and through other media to see to the swift repairs of the said road. Despite all these coupled with criticisms from traditional monarchs especially the Oba of Benin whose domain has been a major victim, unfulfilled promises continued to be the order of the day.

Sagamu-Benin is part of the Lagos-Mombasa, as well as Algiers-Lagos sections of the Trans-Africa Highway, and of Nigeria’s East-West Road. First constructed in the 70s, it was originally a three-hour route. Since it began to deteriorate, contracts have been awarded every other year by different governments. Somehow, nothing concrete has been done.

Then good luck came along, even literally. At last, the cries of Nigerians had broken through to the top echelons and the current government’s determination to get the road fixed and useable again was to put a smile on the faces of those who ply the road.

Tapping into the controversial Subsidy Re-investment Programme (SURE-P) funds, the federal government decided to fix the roads once and for all to ease the suffering of commuters. In September 2014, President Goodluck Jonathan commissioned the Phase 1 of the road, spanning 75 kilometres. The second phase, as Minister of Works, Mike Onolememen explained had not been fully completed because of technical challenges but was commendably over 60% done.
An excited governor Adams Oshiomole of Edo state – a prominent member of the opposition All Progressives’ Congress (APC) – stressed that the Federal Government’s effort in reconstructing the road is “the most outstanding intervention the road has witnessed over the years.
A road that was once a death trap began to wear a new face and is in its present state, good as brand new. A journey of twelve hours and counting has now been reduced to a third of that time – four hours or less.

“God sent us his son in the form of Goodluck Jonathan!” shrieks Madam Veronica Omoregie who travels every week from Lagos to Asaba to buy goods for her trade that has sustained her and her three children since her husband died tragically in an auto crash on the same road, in 1999.

This transformation was even buttressed by a recent survey conducted by the NOI-Gallup Polls on the 8th of January 2015, which showed that 60% of Nigerians who travelled during the yuletide season acknowledged that the roads had indeed been improved on.
According to the findings released, majority of Nigeria road users found it easier to travel to their different destinations in various parts of the country during the Christmas holiday, unlike the previous year.

The survey read in part, ‘Overall, 69 percent of respondents were of the opinion that the roads had either improved or had improved very much.

As a result of the improved condition of the Benin-Ore road and others in general, transport giants, ABC Transport Company slashed its fare prices in a widely circulated advert carried by The Punch Newspaper in May 2014.

It reportedly added the words, ‘The roads are getting better’, a phrase that is a true reflection of the government’s commitment to infrastructure and national development.
On his way to collect his transcripts last week, Adeoye slept for most of the journey in the 18-seater bus he boarded from Lagos to the university’s main campus in Ugbowo, one of Benin’s many sprawling districts. The inscription “Welcome is the best journey” on the lorry in front of his vehicle one of the few times he was awake barely registered until he got down – the trip was too smooth for him to care.

http://www.naij.com/391345-nightmares-on-benin-ore-road-before-goodlucks-tenure.html

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 25, 2015
Take a look at what Benin-Ore road was before Jonathan took over power and see how Jonathan has transformed this death trap into a high way fit for pleasure driving.

Only those that have darkened their hearts to this man are busy shouting "Otuoke!" out of unnecessary bitterness and frustration.

Keeping GEJ in power is a task that must be accomplished. cool

190 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 25, 2015
These are the kind of people shouting sai buhari everywhere grin grin grin

138 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by PAINGAIN: 10:15am On Feb 25, 2015
True talk. I used that road last time I was in naija and I couldn't believe my eyes. Kudos to jonathan.

189 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 25, 2015
rhymaster:
[s]Nigeria returned to democratic governance in 1999 and since then, the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) has been in power at the center. Nigeria has had its ups and downs since that time but what is the experience of Nigerian citizens? The Web Pollster is starting another opinion poll to gauge the mood of #nigerians regarding how they’ve fared in the past 6 years?

Are you better off now than you were 6 years ago before President #jonathan was sworn in as president after the death of President Umaru Yaradua? If the economy of a country is getting better, the people feel it before they see official published statistics. Are Nigerians living a higher quality of life now than before because they have access to better, good paying jobs, better healthcare, better education and infrastructure, power or electricity that has removed the need to invest in diesel generators? What is your perception of corruption in the country? Do you feel opportunity is being expanded for all or most of the opportunities in the land is limited to a privilege few who are in government?

Follow links in my signature, NL is blocking any information that does not or may not favour the current government.....??[/s]

86 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by tswitch: 10:21am On Feb 25, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Take a look at what Benin-Ore road was before Jonathan took over power and see how Jonathan has transformed this death trap into a high way fit for pleasure driving.

Only those that have darkened their hearts to this man are busy shouting "Otuoke!" out of unnecessary bitterness and frustration.

Keeping GEJ in power is a task that must be accomplished. cool

Wow!
This really put things in retrospect.

Thank you.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 25, 2015
tswitch:

Wow!
This really put things in retrospect.

Thank you.

Thank you. Jonathan is working but haters have deliberately refused to acknowledge this. Go and check out the dualisation of Abuja-Lokoja road and see what Jonathan has done there. Agriculture is doing so well under Jonathan. cheesy

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by realGURU(m): 10:47am On Feb 25, 2015
Why many bloggers failed,
Is this true that those who blog for passion makes money while those that blog for money earn nothing? Is it true that money comes after blogging and not money comes before blogging?
Many bloggers wanted to earn money online and not to blog, this is the problem with most new bloggers. New bloggers came into blogosphere with the passion to make money and once they fail to achieve this at the first try, they will quit blogging and what has happened they have failed as a blogger.
Blogging is like any other business; you either invest your
continue reading

19 Likes

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by Oildichotomy(m): 10:47am On Feb 25, 2015
I've to be honest with you, I schooled in the east and I resided in Lagos, That road was a route that you would want to be psychological ready whenever you want to embark on the Igodo adventure of dumb drivers and craters.

And that was during the OBJ days of cunning democracy.

GEJ did a good job -- No doubts!

116 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 25, 2015
GEJ is working. Haters can go & die.
GEJ till 2019

114 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by Burger01(m): 10:47am On Feb 25, 2015
We are entitled to good amenities. Stop praising unnecessarily. undecided

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by chamboy(m): 10:47am On Feb 25, 2015
O ku ise

Na him Money, him use do am

13 Likes

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by tdayof(m): 10:47am On Feb 25, 2015
Chill I saw something
Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by thefakestan: 10:47am On Feb 25, 2015
GEJ is working Indeed.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by Sermwell(m): 10:47am On Feb 25, 2015
APC keep dreaming cuz its GEJ Till 2029 grin cheesy

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by jonadaft: 10:48am On Feb 25, 2015
Tax payers money at work. Even though they awarded N1000 for a N100 project yet you will still hear some deluded fools shouting GEJ till 2019.
Smh!
Thieves that needs to be lynched in this country includes;
GEJ
Obj
Ibb
Tinubu
Alamasia
Abba morôn
Asari Dokubo
Tompolo
Faruk lawal
Ffk
Stella Odua e. t. c....

15 Likes

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by koboko69: 10:48am On Feb 25, 2015
NONSENSE!!! That road has been under construction since OBJ's PDP...Yaradua inherited it and work was still going on before he died. As a matter of fact benin to Okada was completed before Jonathan took obr. So whats the fuss about completing an on going work. This TANoids can really be annoying. it took 10years to coplete a less than 2hrs drive road and some clowns are here singing songs of praises!

koboko69:
Dear Nairlanders,

Meet the Jesus of PDP, the messiah of Otuoke!

CORRUPTION:

PDP e-militia and their latest defector, an inconsequential nobody, who needed money and protection have been insinuating that the peoples General is surrounded by “thieves” like Tinubu even though he has not been found guilty in any court of law; hence the anti corruption crusade propagated by APC is null and void.
Interesting; Lets take a look at who is actually surrounded by thieves /criminals:
REMEMBER: “Ordinary” Stealing they call in corruption. PDP have successfully made Nigerians forget the “ordinary” factor, what is now popular is stealing is not corruption.

Some of Jonathan’s close associates are as follows

Asari Dokunbo – Terrorist/militant
Stella Oduah – Madam Bullet proof (mismanagement of public funds)
Fayose - Impeached for Funds embezzling/ election rigger
Obanikoro - Election Rigger (nominated as a minister) only in Nigeria
Alamieyeseigha - Ex-convict (presidential pardon)
Bode George - Ex-convict ( Jimi Agbajes God father)
Allison- Missing oil money running into billions in dollars
Moro- Broad day light heartless robber (immigration recruitment scam)
FFK- Money launderer ( Barcanista’s mentor) current campaign media spokes person for Jonathan

Boko Haram / Insecurity

Here are some of Jonathans statements on BokoHaram:

Boko Haram has infiltrated my government, says Jonathan
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/3360-boko-haram-has-infiltrated-my-government-says-jonathan.html
Till date, no arrest made!!!

They((Boko Haram) are our siblings and you cannot send the army to wipe out your family"- President Goodluck Jonathan (NEWS).
Irronically FFK posted this first on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/femifanikayode/posts/3276335156670

Jonathan admits treating terrorism with kid gloves
http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-admits-treating-terrorism-with-kid-gloves/

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan in an address, referred to ‘Terrorism’ as a “global phenomenon, which has come to stay”,

Court frees Oguche, suspected Nyanya bombing mastermind
http://www.punchng.com/news/court-frees-oguche-suspected-nyanya-bombing-mastermind/

SERIAL LIES AND MUCH PROPAGANDA

Bomb Blasts – Terrorists, Not MEND, Responsible – Jonathan
http://www.informationng.com/2010/10/bomb-blasts-terrorists-not-mend-responsible-jonathan.html

fast forward 2015
MEND attempted to assassinate me, says Jonathan
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/01/09/mend-attempted-to-assassinate-me-says-jonathan/

President Jonathan: My Government Created 1.6 Million Jobs In 2013
http://saharareporters.com/2013/12/31/president-jonathan-my-government-created-16-million-jobs-2013

(VIDEO): President Jonathan’s Interview with CNN’s Christiane Amanpour: Nigerians now enjoy stable electric supply, He says
http://naijalog.com/video-president-jonathans-interview-with-cnns-christiane-amanpour-nigerians-now-enjoy-stable-electric-supply-he-says/

I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/22/i-never-said-ill-not-contest-second-term-says-jonathan/

ETHNO RELIGIOUS POLITICS: Who is really the religious bigot? [/b]
We hav not seen Buhari parading round all the whole mosques in Kano, Kaduna. Jos…e.tc. But our dear president have been visiting churches as elections draw closer

As elections draws closer:

Jonathan visits Winners Chapel, asks for prayers
http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-visits-winners-chapel-asks-for-prayers/

Jonathan visits Lord’s Chosen, says politicians should not use churches for campaigns
http://dailypost.ng/2015/02/08/jonathan-visits-lords-chosen-says-politicians-not-use-churches-campaigns/
Ironically he is the one guilty of this

Jonathan Urges Peaceful Elections As He Visits RCCG Camp
http://www.naij.com/380791-jonathan-urges-peaceful-elections-as-he-visits-rccg-camp.html

Osinbajo Has 5,000 Churches So Don’t Vote For Buhari” – What Vice President Namadi Sambo Said

Read more http://newswirengr.com/2015/01/26/osinbajo-has-5000-churches-so-dont-vote-for-buhari-what-vice-president-namadi-sambo-said/

This was actually said in Jigawa, where Jonathan was also sitted. No wonder someone called him a Vodoo worshiper. Just parading churches for votes.

CIVILIAN DICTATOR
They call Buhari a dictator, yes he was once a military administrator and worldwide, we all know what happens during military dispensations. Fast forward 2015, We now have a CIVILIAN DICTATOR.

Nigerian military continues clampdown on newspapers

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/162527-nigerian-military-continues-clampdown-newspapers.html

Fayemi’s rally: FG stops Amaechi, Oshiomhole
http://www.punchng.com/news/fayemis-rally-fg-stops-amaechi-oshiomhole/

Soldiers ambush Amaechi, threaten to shoot
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=68580

Outrage as FG grounds Oshiomhole’s helicopter •Jonathan has lost focus –Opposition parties
http://www.punchng.com/news/outrage-as-fg-grounds-oshiomholes-helicopter-%E2%80%A2jonathan-has-lost-focus-opposition-parties/

Police take over NASS, tear-gas lawmakers
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/police-take-nass-tear-gas-lawmakers/

NAIRALANDERS; IS THIS THE TYPE OF PRESIDENT YOU WANT FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS?? GOD FORBID!

HAVE YOU DECIDED?

MARCH4BUHARI

63 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by takenadoh: 10:48am On Feb 25, 2015
It's. GEJ till 2019.

I know He means well.

But some people have refused to play their part.

#SurepGISPayyourinterns

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 25, 2015
rhymaster:
Nigeria returned to democratic governance in 1999 and since then, the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) has been in power at the center. Nigeria has had its ups and downs since that time but what is the experience of Nigerian citizens? The Web Pollster is starting another opinion poll to gauge the mood of #nigerians regarding how they’ve fared in the past 6 years?

Are you better off now than you were 6 years ago before President #jonathan was sworn in as president after the death of President Umaru Yaradua? If the economy of a country is getting better, the people feel it before they see official published statistics. Are Nigerians living a higher quality of life now than before because they have access to better, good paying jobs, better healthcare, better education and infrastructure, power or electricity that has removed the need to invest in diesel generators? What is your perception of corruption in the country? Do you feel opportunity is being expanded for all or most of the opportunities in the land is limited to a privilege few who are in government?

Follow links in my signature, NL is blocking any information that does not or may not favour the current government.....??
god punish u

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by Youngzedd(m): 10:49am On Feb 25, 2015
He did what He is paid to do.

4 Likes

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by Kaybee14(m): 10:49am On Feb 25, 2015
Ok.

.......................................................................................................................................

I am pleased to introduce to you of our quality stone-coated roofing tiles from DS Rooftile, South Korea.
Our stone-coated roofing tiles at BATLAN Concept Interior & Exterior Limited are quality-based products with 50 years warranty.Our stone-coated roofing tiles are:
(A) DS Roman design (Colour: Black, Price: #2,700 per square meter).
(B) DS Shingle design (Colour: Black with grey, Price: #2,900 per square meter).
(C) DS Roman design (Colour: Black with wine, Price: #2,700 per square meter).
(D) DS Shingle design (Colour: Black with brown, Price: #2,900 per square meter).
(E) DS Shingle design (Colour: Black, Price: #2,600 per square meter).
(F) DS Shake design (Colour: Black, price: #2,600 per square meter).
(G) DS Shingle design (Colour: Black with wine, Price: #2,900 per square meter).

At BATLAN, we deal on quality & customers satisfaction is our priority.

HEAD OFFICE: Suite 11/12, Queens Shopping Plaza.Klm 45, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Opposite Safeway, Sangotedo-Ajah, Lagos, Nigeria.

PH BRANCH: 608, Ikwerre road by mcc second gate bus-stop rumuigbo Port Harcourt, River State, Nigeria.

ABK BRANCH: Suite 4, Shoyemi complex, opp KAAB petrol station, Leme, Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria.

WARE HOUSE: klm 53 Lekki Epe express way. Ayeteju, Ibeju Lekki Lagos, Nigeria.

Call/Whatsapp Lanre: 07036136517.

N.B: Picture attached are the projects & samples of some of our quality stone-coated roofing tiles at Batlan Concept Interior & Exterior Limited.

3 Likes

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by dustydee: 10:49am On Feb 25, 2015
Good, waiting for Lagos-Ibadan, Bida-Mokwa-Jebba-Ilorin road as well.

3 Likes

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 25, 2015
gej till I die, may god destroy APC-bokoharam party

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 25, 2015
Stay Updated with latest news & gists on ur BBM
Add Up Pin: 3334CA66
DailyTimes:

ALSO READ: > Bishop Refuses To Pray For Presidential Candidate, His Reason Will Shock You
Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 25, 2015
Even if you like tar the inner layers of my buttocks I won't let your cluelessness to jeopardize my future.
So Sai Buhari!!...Kai!!Kai Gej!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by 100Cents: 10:50am On Feb 25, 2015
GEJ till 2019

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! by Kriptic: 10:50am On Feb 25, 2015
Benin-Ore road used to be a deathtrap, like really. The traffic and countless accidents. shocked..From Lagos/Benin or Benin/Lagos then could literally take the whole day, now it's a journey of less than 4 hours. I know because I plied this route in January. Thumbs up GEJ!

27 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP Rigging Machinery Exposed On Twitter. This Is Serious / Malami Aliyu Yandoto Slumps And Dies At The Wedding Of Yerima's Daughter / Governor Udom Criticised For Greeting A Monarch With One Hand In His Pocket (Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.