Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,472 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff (9617 Views)

Journalist Assaulted, Stripped Unclad In Enugu / Journalist Allegedly Beaten Blue And Black In Imo Over Political Matters / I’ve Forgiven The Lawmaker That Assaulted Me – Senate President David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by UKBobo(m): 9:26am On Aug 10, 2012
If there was Olympic medal for Wanton brutality, Naija would win gold in every category - under 50 kg/under 80 kg/big belle under 150 kg.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by mrperfect(m): 9:35am On Aug 10, 2012
This is sad.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by babestella: 10:01am On Aug 10, 2012
Legal action please. The Uwalaka should sue their As sss off the hook. How can these thugs be seen even in and around hospital premises. I don't want to say much, but I think with these kind of people in the hospital premises, even the dead in those morgues are not safe o.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by mapet: 10:14am On Aug 10, 2012
Bros,

I know you have never been to Lagos, except your cyber journey on NL.......

atuboweke: LAWLESS FASHOLA! LAWLESS TIFNUBU!! LAWLESS ACN!!! LAWLESS LAGOS!!!!
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by greall1: 10:22am On Aug 10, 2012
You be original mugun respond to them & do you know that you are trying to change d discussion.

DIG1: Did not intend τ̅☺ derail this thread, but need to confirm this mail I got last night. Got this mail last night, pals do u think dis is genuine? From: Dr. (Mrs.) Mercy Hartemink, Congratulations!!! kindly view the attached mail message for your winning Reference details. 124 Stockport Road, Long sight, Manchester M60 2 DB-United Kingdom   This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of Six Hundred and Ninety Thousand British Pounds (£690,000.00) for 2012 Prize promotion which is organized by YAHOO, AOL & WINDOWS LIVE, MSN  YAHOO and MICRO SOFT collects email addresses that are active online, among the millions that subscribed to Yahoo, Hotmail and other e-mail providers. Six people are selected every two years to benefit from this promotion and you are one of the Selected Winners.                      PAYMENT OF PRIZE AND CLAIM.  Winners are been paid in accordance with his/her Settlement Center. Yahoo Prize Award must be claimed not later than 28th days from the date of Draw Notification. Any prize not claimed within this period will be forfeited.   STATED BELOW ARE YOUR IDENTIFICATIONNUMBERS: (NB, I omitted d numbers). These numbers fall within the UK Location file, you are requested to contact our fiduciary agent in United Kingdom. And send your winning identification numbers to him for payment:   CONTACT YOUR CLAIMS AGENT NAME: MR. DANIEL MORGAN Direct Phone: + 44 703 174 5960 Fax: + 44 844 500 6552 E-Mail: danie.morgan@hotmail.com You are advised to send the following information to your Claims Agent to facilitate the release of your fund to you. 1. Full name: 2. Country:3. Contact Address: 4. Telephone Number: 5. Fax Number:6. Occupation: 7. Batch Number: 8. Reference Number; 9. Pin Number: 10. Winning Number: Pals, is this a scam
Or .....? Thks
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by perez019(m): 10:26am On Aug 10, 2012
alaoeri:
Why una no dey reason before una comment, is it fashola that order the beating? & why that particular journalist & not öthers. I don't support the beating but don't comment with sentiment.

U wey u dey reason wey dey talk nonsense nko, a man was physically assaulted and u are talking about somebody commenting based on sentiment.. Am sure u didn't even watch d video yesterday night. And perhaps u are one of the thugs that work with the mortuary unit in LASUTH.

Perhaps
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by ID69: 10:41am On Aug 10, 2012
I have not seen a scene as barbaric as this in a long time. No matter what the journalist must have done wrong, bastardizing and hitting him on the head with a bottle is never justifiable in a civilized society like hours.

Perpetrators of that heinous act should not go unpunished. Pitiful.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 10, 2012
Hahahahahahahahahhahaha. See him face.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by tnktosin(m): 11:00am On Aug 10, 2012
felifeli: The fool got less than what he deserved. He wants to go and put pictures of dismembered bodies in his newspaper to cause more anguish for the families of the victims just to sell newspaper. Animals like these ought to be beaten like animals.
Just listen to urself. Calling someone an animal when you reason like one...smh

1 Like

Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by Whymee: 11:14am On Aug 10, 2012
Headline are two sides of a sword, the media in most cases select the one that will suit it's interest, either for personal, monetary, marketing etc rewards.

SIDE 1
LEADERSHIP JOURNALIST ASSAULTED BY LASUTH STAFF.
In Heading like this, judgment has been made and has already confined the public opinion and responses against LASUTH staff.

SIDE 2
FOR A BREACH OF PROFESSIONAL ETHICS, LEADERSHIP JOURNALIST WAS ASSAULTED BY LASUTH STAFF.
headings like this, also will confined the public opinion and response in favor of LASUTH staff.

I would have suggest, if the heading had had been,

FRACAS IN LASUTH BETWEEN JOURNALIST AND LASUTH STAFF.

this will have been prefered with details reports from both side, now left for the public to use their wisdom to judge.

Either way, am not in support of the jungle justice by the LASUTH staff as shown on tv and the attached video.

Journalist also needed to be sanitized and put more professionalism into their job.

Be wise.

1 Like

Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by Ninilowo(m): 11:24am On Aug 10, 2012
Wetin he dey find? na im be the only journalist for there eh? Which news he wam carry wey others never carry? I know say he for don pass im boarder so tay dem come beat am to that extent. News do boku be that. He dey fin news and im too come become news.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by sped1oro(m): 11:34am On Aug 10, 2012
Vagabonds in power!
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by amaba: 12:08pm On Aug 10, 2012
is this how ACN/CPC intend to rule Nigeria?
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by felifeli: 1:28pm On Aug 10, 2012
luvinhubby:
Did you sniff Detergent, listen to yourself, the press (both print & electronic), was invited to cover the handing over by hospital management.

Please tell me how it is like to sniff detergent since you seem to be an expert on this. Is the fo.ol the only reporter invited ? Are Channels , Guardian , also taking picture of the mangled body parts to show to relations and make them cry more ? Because you have a camera doesn't mean you have the right to go taking pictures anyhow. It is our uneducated journalists that ought to show restraint. If I were there I would have used more than a bottle on this fo ol. Put yourself in the shoes of the victims' relations and tell me how you will react.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 10, 2012
Whymee:
Journalist also needed to be sanitized and put more professionalism into their job. Be wise.

Good point, there.
This act reminds me of what happened sometimes back, when we (plus a Journalist friend) did visit a bereaved 'Sister'. Such visit don't demand unguarded thoughts, talk... however we felt highly embarrased when this friend was basiclly interested in reporting the case, asking some
sensitive questions, eager to take some shots etc which made the
bereaved woman so uncomfortable. I felt silly..lol...to have gone ahead with her...smiley Yes, trully we all understand the nature and importance of your work, but then a little show of affection, empathy could make a
difference... not too much of a ask.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by badesco(m): 5:35pm On Aug 10, 2012
The journalist is only performing his lawful duty,moreso under the FOI Bill
he has every right to cover any event, be it joyful or sorrowful, so i see no
reason why somebody has to inflict injury on him. it is totally uncalled for
and the person involved shoud be made to face the law.
EKO ONI BAJE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[i][/i]
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by gsmgold: 6:10pm On Aug 10, 2012
ndukwejoe: what was in the mind of the workers,is there a law prohibiting people from taking pictures in that premises? .look at what over-zealousness can cause , they should be ready to face the music.
big time!
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by revomind(m): 7:26pm On Aug 10, 2012
LASUTH security staff went too far on this one and I'm glad the Government quickly stepped in. Such brutality isn't welcome in a society with laws.

However, the journalist was breast-stroking on the edge of trouble and was mischievous. He has no regard for the feelings of the families of the victims all in a bid to sell newspapers. I don't know how I'd feel if I see my relative's crushed and burnt body adorning the frontpage of some daily newspaper. There's a limit to everything.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by desthan(m): 8:23pm On Aug 10, 2012
DIG1: Did not intend τ̅☺ derail this thread, but need to confirm this mail I got last night. Got this mail last night, pals do u think dis is genuine? From: Dr. (Mrs.) Mercy Hartemink, Congratulations!!! kindly view the attached mail message for your winning Reference details. 124 Stockport Road, Long sight, Manchester M60 2 DB-United Kingdom This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of Six Hundred and Ninety Thousand British Pounds (£690,000.00) for 2012 Prize promotion which is organized by YAHOO, AOL & WINDOWS LIVE, MSN YAHOO and MICRO SOFT collects email addresses that are active online, among the millions that subscribed to Yahoo, Hotmail and other e-mail providers. Six people are selected every two years to benefit from this promotion and you are one of the Selected Winners. PAYMENT OF PRIZE AND CLAIM. Winners are been paid in accordance with his/her Settlement Center. Yahoo Prize Award must be claimed not later than 28th days from the date of Draw Notification. Any prize not claimed within this period will be forfeited. STATED BELOW ARE YOUR IDENTIFICATIONNUMBERS: (NB, I omitted d numbers). These numbers fall within the UK Location file, you are requested to contact our fiduciary agent in United Kingdom. And send your winning identification numbers to him for payment: CONTACT YOUR CLAIMS AGENT NAME: MR. DANIEL MORGAN Direct Phone: + 44 703 174 5960 Fax: + 44 844 500 6552 E-Mail: danie.morgan@hotmail.com You are advised to send the following information to your Claims Agent to facilitate the release of your fund to you. 1. Full name: 2. Country:3. Contact Address: 4. Telephone Number: 5. Fax Number:6. Occupation: 7. Batch Number: 8. Reference Number; 9. Pin Number: 10. Winning Number: Pals, is this a scam
Or .....? Thks

@DIG1, you people make me sick. . . the question you should be asking yourself is that DID I PLAY ANY LOTTERY Simple rather than come here to derail this thread with this r-e-tarded post. That is how greed starts, you didn't participate in any game and someone proclaims you a winner. . . .please do us a favor and spare us from regurgitating

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West / Atiku: The Most Pertinent Tribute To Heroes Of Democracy Is To Kick Out APC / Nigeria As A Name And The Amalgamation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.