Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff (9615 Views)

Journalist Assaulted, Stripped Unclad In Enugu / Journalist Allegedly Beaten Blue And Black In Imo Over Political Matters / I’ve Forgiven The Lawmaker That Assaulted Me – Senate President David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by Dawdy(m): 5:07am On Aug 10, 2012
So Bad!
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by Biggyd2: 5:08am On Aug 10, 2012
Was he trying to retrieve classified information? Nothing warrants such brutality. He should call his lawyers and head to court immediately. Looks like what NURTW members will do.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by Jummsy(f): 5:14am On Aug 10, 2012
ekpriobong: Let this small one happen to him so that he would really know how to report it on their paper. Those journalists are the ones contributing to spoil this country though not in support of what those guys did sha.
Your last sentence negates your entire post. Which do we take?
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by Jummsy(f): 5:22am On Aug 10, 2012
canadaik:

Google the message they sent, if it is a scam you should see someone else talk about it already or some kind of that with different parameters somewhere else
He should not bother. It's certainly scam.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by Nobody: 5:40am On Aug 10, 2012
mallorca: No Place is safe in this country

you just dey know.

1 Like

Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by Nobody: 5:43am On Aug 10, 2012
[quote
author=alaoeri]
Why una no dey reason before una comment, is it fashola that order the
beating? & why that particular journalist & not öthers?. I don't
support the beating but don't comment with sentiment.[/quote].

Thanks, Alaoeri for that BOLDED part.... I was going to ask a similar question! i'm certain something must have been done so wrongly, hence the reaction from those officials. #sentiment aside. I still do not support the brutality.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by Dvampire(m): 5:46am On Aug 10, 2012
[quote author=DIG1]Did not intend derail this thread, but need to confirm this mail I got last night. Got this mail last night, pals do u think dis is genuine? From: Dr. (Mrs.) Mercy Hartemink, Congratulations!!! kindly view the attached mail message for your winning Reference details. 124 Stockport Road, Long sight, Manchester M60 2 DB-United
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by stunna2(m): 5:47am On Aug 10, 2012
The people who gets away with such blatant criminal disregard for any laws or authority in Nigeria are the same people who come to Nairaland to say Nigeria is the best country on earth and everyone should move back there!!

Change Nigeria to make such barbarisms impossible and the law rule and these same people will then cry that Naija used to be very good!!

Such brutality and lawlessness even knowing that the whole world may be watching is indeed an insight into the mind of the average Nigerian in Nigeria.

Why do Nigerians hate each others so much??

Why so little value on the lives of other Nigerians...and look at the number of people here on NL who clearly sympathizes with the people beating the pressguy only say at the end they don't support the brutality!

Was there no official there to gather the journalists before the start of the event and make a brief speech announcing no close pictures of the dead bodies will be permitted??

If that was the case, could a simple reminder to the pressman to not take close pictures resolve the issue?? Shame
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by Nobody: 5:55am On Aug 10, 2012
DIG1: Did not intend τ̅☺ derail this thread, but need to confirm this mail I got last night. Got this mail last night, pals do u think dis is genuine? From: Dr. (Mrs.) Mercy Hartemink, Congratulations!!! kindly view the attached mail message for your winning Reference details. 124 Stockport Road, Long sight, Manchester M60 2 DB-United Kingdom   This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of Six Hundred and Ninety Thousand British Pounds (£690,000.00) for 2012 Prize promotion which is organized by YAHOO, AOL & WINDOWS LIVE, MSN  YAHOO and MICRO SOFT collects email addresses that are active online, among the millions that subscribed to Yahoo, Hotmail and other e-mail providers. Six people are selected every two years to benefit from this promotion and you are one of the Selected Winners.                      PAYMENT OF PRIZE AND CLAIM.  Winners are been paid in accordance with his/her Settlement Center. Yahoo Prize Award must be claimed not later than 28th days from the date of Draw Notification. Any prize not claimed within this period will be forfeited.   STATED BELOW ARE YOUR IDENTIFICATIONNUMBERS: (NB, I omitted d numbers). These numbers fall within the UK Location file, you are requested to contact our fiduciary agent in United Kingdom. And send your winning identification numbers to him for payment:   CONTACT YOUR CLAIMS AGENT NAME: MR. DANIEL MORGAN Direct Phone: + 44 703 174 5960 Fax: + 44 844 500 6552 E-Mail: danie.morgan@hotmail.com You are advised to send the following information to your Claims Agent to facilitate the release of your fund to you. 1. Full name: 2. Country:3. Contact Address: 4. Telephone Number: 5. Fax Number:6. Occupation: 7. Batch Number: 8. Reference Number; 9. Pin Number: 10. Winning Number: Pals, is this a scam
Or .....? Thks

u re sitting on a long tin
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by jossy26: 6:08am On Aug 10, 2012
I watched the news on channels nd am like WTF, no one deserve that kind of brutality for whatever offense, after all he didn't steal anything neither was he wearing a “RED” cloth....
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by naptu2: 6:33am On Aug 10, 2012
I watched the news on NTA & STV. The journalist was beaten by a combination of the Neighbourhood Watch (Lagos State security agency) and Lasuth officials.

He reported to the police. The police gave him a letter that enabled him to get treatment from the same hospital and accompanied him to the hospital in order to arrest the perpetrators, but hospital staff shielded them from the police.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 10, 2012
Dont support the brutality. It is uncalled for. Why cant the officials warn the press man b4 resorting to brutality? However,press men can be overzealous atimes. I'm sure the guy must have gone beyond his boundaries. Look at it this way, seeing a pressman taking close photo of victims who happens to be your loved ones. Honestly, how would you react? For those blaming Fashola. I'm sure u should also blame him for having issues with your wife at home too or for having quarrel with cab drivers over change.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by tpapi: 6:51am On Aug 10, 2012
DIG1: Did not intend τ̅☺ derail this thread, but need to confirm this mail I got last night. Got this mail last night, pals do u think dis is genuine? From: Dr. (Mrs.) Mercy Hartemink, Congratulations!!! kindly view the attached mail message for your winning Reference details. 124 Stockport Road, Long sight, Manchester M60 2 DB-United Kingdom   This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of Six Hundred and Ninety Thousand British Pounds (£690,000.00) for 2012 Prize promotion which is organized by YAHOO, AOL & WINDOWS LIVE, MSN  YAHOO and MICRO SOFT collects email addresses that are active online, among the millions that subscribed to Yahoo, Hotmail and other e-mail providers. Six people are selected every two years to benefit from this promotion and you are one of the Selected Winners.                      PAYMENT OF PRIZE AND CLAIM.  Winners are been paid in accordance with his/her Settlement Center. Yahoo Prize Award must be claimed not later than 28th days from the date of Draw Notification. Any prize not claimed within this period will be forfeited.   STATED BELOW ARE YOUR IDENTIFICATIONNUMBERS: (NB, I omitted d numbers). These numbers fall within the UK Location file, you are requested to contact our fiduciary agent in United Kingdom. And send your winning identification numbers to him for payment:   CONTACT YOUR CLAIMS AGENT NAME: MR. DANIEL MORGAN Direct Phone: + 44 703 174 5960 Fax: + 44 844 500 6552 E-Mail: danie.morgan@hotmail.com You are advised to send the following information to your Claims Agent to facilitate the release of your fund to you. 1. Full name: 2. Country:3. Contact Address: 4. Telephone Number: 5. Fax Number:6. Occupation: 7. Batch Number: 8. Reference Number; 9. Pin Number: 10. Winning Number: Pals, is this a scam
Or .....? Thks
i think ur head wil b suitable 4 d rituals
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by olagamalin(m): 6:53am On Aug 10, 2012
Or .....? Thks
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/yahoo-award-scam.shtml
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by felifeli: 7:14am On Aug 10, 2012
The fool got less than what he deserved. He wants to go and put pictures of dismembered bodies in his newspaper to cause more anguish for the families of the victims just to sell newspaper. Animals like these ought to be beaten like animals.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by luvinhubby(m): 7:15am On Aug 10, 2012
Be they KAI, LASTMA, COUNCIL, CBD, NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH Etc. These are thugs & touts in the payrolll of Fashola's administration on a mission to terminate lives of perceived political opponents.Breaking bottle on the head of a human being in front TV camera. This BARBARIC & DISGUSTING, animals in govt. payroll.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by luvinhubby(m): 7:23am On Aug 10, 2012
felifeli: The fool got less than what he deserved. He wants to go and put pictures of dismembered bodies in his newspaper to cause more anguish for the families of the victims just to sell newspaper. Animals like these ought to be beaten like animals.
Did you sniff Detergent, listen to yourself, the press (both print & electronic), was invited to cover the handing over by hospital management.

1 Like

Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by psalmizt(m): 7:31am On Aug 10, 2012
For all the proponents of state police, what happened to these journalists is just a tip of the iceberg... Our supposed enforcement officers are a bunch of touts and area boys...
*Grabs a seat*
*waits on the sidelines* wink

Waiting on the Governor of Lagos's response.... grin grin grin
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by SamAfrik(m): 7:48am On Aug 10, 2012
Journalists & Security operatives need to be more professional in their activities.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by mapet: 7:50am On Aug 10, 2012
What is bad has no other name; "It is simply Bad"

The LASUTH staff(s) has no reason at all to assualt a journalist. There is no way you can spin it. It is either you bar journalist from entering the premises or you state categorically that taking pictures is not allowed. Both ways non requires the brutality

This is a responsiblity on both LASUTH and Lagos State Government as it was their employee that commited this crime. Lagos State government, on news this morning, had called a peace meeting with NUJ, promised to replace the destroyed cameras and compensate the victim. I think they should go beyond that. The assualters should be suspended or outrightly sacked as deterrent for some others.

Meanwhile, it's a pity that some of you guys are alledging that these are tout. Well, I think a person that assault another fellow deserves to be branded a tout.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by humpito(m): 8:18am On Aug 10, 2012
Yung G: angry
na area boys wey full mushin area side of hospital..
LASUTH is in Ikeja GRA not Mushin.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by 720degrees: 8:23am On Aug 10, 2012
The press sure have a way of twisting stories. In my own opinion this looks like a case of agrived relatives protecting the sanctity of their dead family member.what else did the journalist expect in such a tensed atmosphere where relations of the fatal air crash victims had to wait for over 2 months for the mingled body parts of their dead family member to be identified and put together.
My heart really goes out to the affected families, may God grant them the fortitude to bear their loss.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by drogs(m): 8:29am On Aug 10, 2012
Trouble sleep. Yanga go wake am.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 10, 2012
Man is essentially a beast only restricted by society with the use of taboos. In a failed society like ours, the beast is freely unleashed.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by atuboweke(m): 8:36am On Aug 10, 2012
LAWLESS FASHOLA! LAWLESS TIFNUBU!! LAWLESS ACN!!! LAWLESS LAGOS!!!!
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by talktrue1(m): 8:50am On Aug 10, 2012
Where did he get the bottle from?
Its likely to be beer bottle and not drug bottle

1 Like

Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by enochogulu: 8:56am On Aug 10, 2012
Weitin him go der go do?dat danna some thing suppose don end na
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by Whymee: 8:56am On Aug 10, 2012
ekpriobong: Let this small one happen to him so that he would really know how to report it on their paper. Those journalists are the ones contributing to spoil this country though not in support of what those guys did sha.

100% in SUPPORT.

Channels tv are also bias in their video coverage of the event,

Something must have transpired before the free for all fight, we should all put ourselves in the LASUTH STAFF SHOES,

The assault must have started with a gentleman approach by the lasuth staff, am sure adamant or resistive responses from the journalist must have led to this.

Either way, am also not in support of those guys brutal action.

Be wise
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by Sogo10: 8:58am On Aug 10, 2012
D government know what 2 do.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by obdon: 9:22am On Aug 10, 2012
do they have any reason for doin this, because is quite unfair he is doing his legal work.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by valhendeshawgm(m): 9:25am On Aug 10, 2012
Journalists & Security operatives need to be more professional in their activities pls. Haba take a good look @ him again, if it were you 'll you be happy.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Cannot Islamize Nigeria - Borno Governor / President Buhari To Receive The 2018 Budget Tomorrow - Saraki / Kenedy Iyere Asks INEC To Announce Collated Enugu Guber Election Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.