Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,261 members, 7,818,888 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September (20831 Views)

CBN To Publish Names Of Bank Debtors / CBN To Punish Landlords & Schools That Ask For Dollars / Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 10, 2012
deandavid: ah we are finished even u? U dnt knw d economical effect of this move? Have u heard of hypergallopin inflation, when u got to buy biscuit for 1k. If them try am, nigeria don divorce be dat o.
It will reduce the quantity of notes in circulation. Inflation is caused by having excess liquidity in the system. This can be addressed by mopping up excess liquidity in the system via taxation, nationalization of the cashless policy, expansion of mobile banking, introduction of b2p and p2p banking modules etc. In time, no one needs to carry cash except you chose to.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Lordave: 9:52am On Aug 10, 2012
lacasa: Kudos Sanusi

a. Very good way ϯo honour the best civilian President Nigeria has had though short lived cry

Any bigot here can kiss a transformer fσr all we care cool

May God grant President Yar'adua eternal Paradise

Ameen
Islamic and tribal affair.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Exponental(m): 9:52am On Aug 10, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: What has Ya`radua done in the interest of Nigerians to deserve such honor?

This Hausa people shaa
he ruled on d sick bed 4 6months; without any national crisis cheesycheesycheesy.

@op, Today is August 10 nt April 1st naa.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by alaoeri: 9:54am On Aug 10, 2012
sammy-young:
Fake story.....I work with the CBN and dis is so untrue
U working with CBN doesn't mean the story is fake afterall there are many things happening there which ordinary staff doesn't know whereas outsiders know but still doubt the credibility of the story sha.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by cyril83(m): 9:56am On Aug 10, 2012
Billyonaire: 5000 Note will be nice idea and I dont care whose head is on it. Its just money, and one piece instead of 5 pieces of 1000 is very okay by me. Another excuse to say, I aint got change.
why is it that ur contribution is always upside down,don't you know that introduction of 5000 note may cause inflation besides other african countries are tryin to bring down their denomination and nigerian is about increase theirs

1 Like

Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Dawdy(m): 9:57am On Aug 10, 2012
MKO would be ok.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by CeaserB: 10:04am On Aug 10, 2012
[size=16pt]
Ϟ•̸▶ cool "Cash Rules Everything Around Me
C.R.E.A.M.
Get The Money
NAIRA, NAIRA Bill Y'all"ˡᶤᶬᶤᵗᵉᵈ ᵉᵈᶤᵗᶤᵒᶰ grin ◀•̸Ϟ
[/size]
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Sike(m): 10:08am On Aug 10, 2012
Rich Dad: It will be easier having my picture on the New note than Yar adua's.Joke of the century...Wait ooo,i heard N10,000 Note[alapapo] will be released also with MKO image on it grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You know this?!?!
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Revolva(m): 10:08am On Aug 10, 2012
Billyonaire: 5000 Note will be nice idea and I dont care whose head is on it. Its just money, and one piece instead of 5 pieces of 1000 is very okay by me. Another excuse to say, I aint got change.

Well what do you mean 5000naira is rubbish and promotes hardship to the common man imagine splitting 1000 naira for change is a problem not to talk of 5000 hey dem go kill person for this country oo , inflation will prevail , I don't care whose face is on the bill if na isi ewu , but they should not do 5k - 2000naira is just ok
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 10, 2012
cyril83: why is it that ur contribution is always upside down,don't you know that introduction of 5000 note may cause inflation besides other african countries are tryin to bring down their denomination and nigerian is about increase theirs
It will reduce the quantity of notes in circulation. Inflation is caused by having excess liquidity in the system. This can be addressed by mopping up excess liquidity in the system via taxation, nationalization of the cashless policy, expansion of mobile banking, introduction of b2p and p2p banking modules etc. In time, no one needs to carry cash except you chose to.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by sunkoye: 10:12am On Aug 10, 2012
now, gej does not fink MKO fit for such honor abi? na him pikin mate him go dey drag institution name. mitshewww
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by mufc009(m): 10:14am On Aug 10, 2012

a. Very good way ϯo honour the best civilian President Nigeria has had though short lived cry

A perfect man of integrity.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by avalontony(m): 10:16am On Aug 10, 2012
even if them like make them put boko haram head for d 5k note i no care, as long as i go continue d chop my money n d sing am as well. but craze they worry them o! we dey hear naija got better since, but i neva see any change o.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 10, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: What has Ya`radua done in the interest of Nigerians to deserve such honor?

This Hausa people shaa
Seconded
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by joskin: 10:19am On Aug 10, 2012
I prefer this below face

1 Like

Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by deandavid(m): 10:24am On Aug 10, 2012
@lacasa dnt worry, u ll spend ur currency alone, when everybody goes their way. Ogoni don go, bakasi don go, maybe odua dy prepare to go, biafra go soon follow.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 10, 2012
strangest: Yaradua's picture on his sick bed?
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Adekdammy: 10:38am On Aug 10, 2012
Dont u think dat yar adua's head on dat note is just to divert attentn, cos we are already majorin on d minor at d expense of d major, yy N5000 note, dont u tink we are goin in d way of zimbabwe, or better still an avenue for d politicians to steal well well
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by cjfavour(m): 10:39am On Aug 10, 2012
Do dt and Nigeria wll be anoda zimbabwe.Our politicians re doing all they can to destroy Nigeria: the northerners shld know what they're doing. No insult intended bt what did yaradua do to deserve dt?Reducing d price of fuel? Dts nt enough.HE DID MORE HARM THAN GOOD.i still remember Ibori
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by xpensivethony: 10:53am On Aug 10, 2012
Why in september,they should wait after the country is seperated so that they will use it in their uselex islamic republic....
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by karaye: 10:54am On Aug 10, 2012
Nigeria home of hatred and ethnicity,may god help us,but truly when ever icame online I see no future for our youths because hardest is bread in our heart by our corrupt leader to divide us and continue stealing.unfortunate.
Nurudeen390: If yar'adua is worst wat about Jonatharn
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by logica(m): 10:58am On Aug 10, 2012
Why not just put the head of a goat?

1 Like

Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 10, 2012
I heard the news over the radio on Ray Power Fm. This has shown that evil people rule over Nigeria and we are all here still believing in this country smh...from the first day Nigeria was born these evil people and their cohorts have written a master plan for Nigeria and they are just playing out the cards pretending to believe in the unity of the country. *smh for this nation*
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 10, 2012
Sanusi the lunatic is at it again
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by barryj1: 11:04am On Aug 10, 2012
What is the essence of creating new bill while your economy is goin donw.
I think this people are senseless.i don't know where they got their brain from,they don't hav any future plan for this country at all.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Beync(f): 11:05am On Aug 10, 2012

May God grant President Yar'adua eternal Paradise

Ameen
CROCODILE'S TEARS HUH
YARA DUA WHO DIED I YEAR BEFORE HE OFFICIALLY DIED. DID U SEE HIM ON HIS SICK BED?
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by montero4relo(m): 11:19am On Aug 10, 2012
If u guys don't know what yar'adua had done, its better u go do some research about him
1. he was the best governor of his time
2. the only governor that was bold enough to declare his assets
3. the only president that was able to resolve the niger delter terrorism
So it is left for GEJ to resolve BH terrorism so when he is gone we can bring up something to immortalize him
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by landolt: 11:21am On Aug 10, 2012
this is not a nice idea at all, this will have a bad effect on the economy of the nation. those of you rejoicing for this, i know you are all youth, if this should work out and the N5000 note out, it is the beginning of over price and high cost of commodities, services, goods and all sort of delivery. also the N5, N10, N20 will be useless thereafter.
Take for example, when the N100, N200, N500 notes was out then, u can observe the rapid increase in the prices of good and services in fact COINS was displace in the economic currency that you cant buy anything for denomination under N5, COMPARE to the currencies in EUROPE there highest currency not is 100, anywhere in Europe, America and they still buy things with COIN.
SO IF YOU ARE REJOICING FOR THIS AS A GOOD THING, THEN I PITY FOR THE FUTURE OF THIS COUNTRY. AND WHAT YOU PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND IS, THOSE PEOPLE WANT TO DO THIS IN THERE OWN FAVOR, RULED BY POLITICIANS WITHOUT THE CONSULT OF MONETARY EXPERTS ON CURRENCY ISSUE.
PLS YOUTH THINK

1 Like

Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by sunkoye: 11:29am On Aug 10, 2012
Billyonaire: It will reduce the quantity of notes in circulation. Inflation is caused by having excess liquidity in the system. This can be addressed by mopping up excess liquidity in the system via taxation, nationalization of the cashless policy, expansion of mobile banking, introduction of b2p and p2p banking modules etc. In time, no one needs to carry cash except you chose to.
oh, billy the kid please teach us how the introduction of 5000 denomination will reduce liquidity in the system when people's purchasing power is very intact. the only positive effect am seeing right now that will also backfire is convinences in cash exchange. why do i need 5,000 dom. when i can use POS or do interbank tranfer to transact my business? if no hidden agenda, i see that as conflict of policy and unessesary cost of printing.i will always have strong objections on the grounds of such side effects as the misuse for bribery and other illegal acts, inflation, stimulation of luxury purchases and over consumption.
my major concern is that high-denominated notes would foster bribes and corruption in nigeria. besides larger bills always boost the consumption of high-price items and fan inflationary pressure. sanusi's boy please reply!

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Beync(f): 11:33am On Aug 10, 2012
Sometimes i doubt if sanusi is a real economist.
1$ is equivalent to #164, naira keep depreciating
all he could think of is launching #5000 notes.
with what effect on the value of our currency?
cashless economy indeed.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by tnktosin(m): 11:36am On Aug 10, 2012
i doubt dis news is true
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Jibabs2(m): 11:42am On Aug 10, 2012

This Hausa people shaa

amnesty

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Drops To 313.5 As Dollar Shortage Persists / Gt Bank Coins / My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.