Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September (20830 Views)

CBN To Publish Names Of Bank Debtors / CBN To Punish Landlords & Schools That Ask For Dollars / Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by oiseworld: 4:28pm On Aug 10, 2012
why do you all complain dismuch, have you forgotten sanusi is confused and desperately looking for how to make money. Intoducing a new currency is a very expensive thing to do and lots of money goes into it.

Abi how do you explain some one who introduce a cashless policy to discourage people from traveling with large amount of money and then introduces N5000 note to enable them carry large currencies at ease.

Back and font, back and front.
Isn't that madness.

Secondly, how does yar adua add value to the coming generations.he's not a hero that any one looks up to or want to be like. So wats the message they tring to pass across with his head. Abeg na rumour joor !
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by asemota2012: 4:54pm On Aug 10, 2012
Arant Nonesense
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 10, 2012
I thought they (CBN) only use faces of national heroes? Yar'adua na hero? #JustAsking
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by drharryson(m): 5:12pm On Aug 10, 2012
Which work ðø U̶̲̥̅̊ ðø thë®ë? GM? Na everything U̶̲̥̅̊ go knw becoz U̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ work thë®ë? Spare М̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ jare
sammy-young:
Fake story.....I work with the CBN and dis is so untrue
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Peterpan1(m): 5:38pm On Aug 10, 2012
What d hell is sanusi doing,Dis move will only devaluate d currency of Nigeria,sanusi knows dat and he still disguises it under d cover of cashless policy,LORD help us in dis country
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by jobaskia(m): 6:03pm On Aug 10, 2012
I doubt if some pple understand baisc economics. The point is that our purchasing power is so slow for God's sake . There ve to be stability in all spheres of our lives in this country. What is the essence of all other parameter/strategies in curbing inflation at this leve. open market operation, liquidity stabilizer, Mora- suasion.

If one should going to monetary economics very well, the way we took SAP in 1986 so also was they way other countries took theirs to better their economy, dollar was 1USD to N1.86/. dollar was never attractive to us because our purchasing was very strong. All that is gone now due to epidemic, pandemic, endemic corruption, wastages, smuggling, lack of discipline, military interregnum ,unemployment ,lack of value all roll into one became the order of the day. India took the same loan aand they wrer able to pay back and rivatize, revamp the economy.

There is no economic jingoism we can preach unless we go back to bring up good system of governance. When are we waking up from slumber!
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by gsmgold: 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2012
Yeske!:
A top officer of the CBN contacted refuted the story, let's all wait till it's made official before we react.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by waja(m): 6:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
Acidosis: Though I doubt this story»»»
Is it a must to put some people's head on our currency? and even if they must. .Ojukwu would have been the best option not Yar'adua. . Yar'adua was already dead before he was called to rule the nation-ask OBJ.

. Yar'Adua? Instead of Ojukwu. Don't mind this aboki.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Pakonte(m): 6:41pm On Aug 10, 2012
it's not a bad tin to honor d late president umar...but introducing d 5k note ll do no good to our economy but ll devaluate our currency more in d international market.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by omoh02: 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2012
can i get a picture on my face book or yahoo facebook...david omoh

yahoo id davidomoh27@yahoo.com
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by dnawah(m): 7:27pm On Aug 10, 2012
Humm!i smell fish o!imagine dat money in 10 ghana must go!somebody want thief money.we don finish o!
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by JimmyBoy1: 7:46pm On Aug 10, 2012
They should please tell us what Late Yaradua achieved during is short reign as President of Nigeria, there is no room for sentiments.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Naijastomosis(m): 9:02pm On Aug 10, 2012
I remember when my boarding fee in the secondary school was N20 (twenty naira)per term and I paid only N145.00 in the university for accommodation, lab fee, etc. Then N20 was the highest denomination and the Naira had value.

Very soon, we shall begin to count our money in millions like some African countries just to buy vegetables.
So much ado is made about cashless economy yet the CBN governor intends to introduce N5000 note.

Even my grandma knows that higher denominations of a currency are a recipe for inflation. Frankly, the highest denomination of our currency should not be beyond N100, say 5, 10 20, 50, 100.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by galadima77(m): 9:12pm On Aug 10, 2012
chino24: ^

My thought as well.

He was about the worst president Nigeria ever had after Shagari.

and u r abt d worst person speaking of a late honest leader...mtsew
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by interleukin(f): 10:28pm On Aug 10, 2012
hmmmm.if this is true,then 1million naira note will definately carry obj's head.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 10, 2012
This is a joke... right?...
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by lastdone: 11:58pm On Aug 10, 2012
Yaradua THE MOST RESPECTIVE President ever in Naija Well done JOB.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by truth3006: 3:20am On Aug 11, 2012
if I were u guy I will not use it.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by guttentag(m): 7:11am On Aug 11, 2012
how much ashawo go dey charge now per note?
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Zelingsky(m): 8:36am On Aug 11, 2012
It is ojukwu's face dat shuld be in that naira note. Havnt they tout of minting a 2000 naira note why 5000
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by BetaThings: 9:27am On Aug 11, 2012
Acidosis: Though I doubt this story»»»
Is it a must to put some people's head on our currency? and even if they must. .Ojukwu would have been the best option not Yar'adua. . Yar'adua was already dead before he was called to rule the nation-ask OBJ.

Yet Yaradua was able to tell NSC/NFF that Nigeria could not afford to spend N36b on u17 competition. The bill was later reduced to N9b
He executed the amnesty programme
He confronted Boko Haram decisively
He allowed rule of law to prevail. He started complying with court decisions immediately. Under him, Dr Andy Uba left office within 1 hour of court judgment
It took Obasanjo more than 48 hours to bring Ladoja back; even then there was mayhem by Adedibu's thug before Ladoja could come into office
The culture of mandates being retrieved started under Yaradua - Mimiko, Oshiomole
Yaradua declared his assets publicly without prompting. The man we here now "does not give a damn"
He kept his promise to maintain fuel subsidy
He kept to the budget on fuel subsidy. It has now become multi trillion Naira item after his death
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Htown64(m): 9:44am On Aug 11, 2012
onatisi:
he killed 1000 bok haram members
DEAD :-D
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Naanhetch: 9:45am On Aug 11, 2012
5k note 4 wat again? ds country don baje finish. SMH
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by boolet: 5:12pm On Aug 11, 2012
And now, instead of 'ghana-must-go' bags, they'll use briefcases to loot wink
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by oiseworld: 8:27pm On Aug 11, 2012
BetaThings:
Yet Yaradua was able to tell NSC/NFF that Nigeria could not afford to spend N36b on u17 competition. The bill was later reduced to N9b
He executed the amnesty programme
He confronted Boko Haram decisively
He allowed rule of law to prevail. He started complying with court decisions immediately. Under him, Dr Andy Uba left office within 1 hour of court judgment
It took Obasanjo more than 48 hours to bring Ladoja back; even then there was mayhem by Adedibu's thug before Ladoja could come into office
The culture of mandates being retrieved started under Yaradua - Mimiko, Oshiomole
Yaradua declared his assets publicly without prompting. The man we here now "does not give a damn"
He kept his promise to maintain fuel subsidy
He kept to the budget on fuel subsidy. It has now become multi trillion Naira item after his death

i remember that of the under 17, thats true he really had good intentions for Nigeria.
May his soul rest in peace.

But, they all still had a hidden agenda. Why he brought in this demonic sanusi.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by ezekelemike: 12:24pm On Sep 01, 2012
CBN should look for other alternatives to boost the economy not by introducing higher denomination. This is unbelievable, whose head is not my problem but the implications on our economy. Imaging with N20 one can not be able to buy common chewing gum but in South Africa with R1 one can buy 4-5 chewing gums. They want to mess our economy the more like that of Zimbabwe! God forbid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Drops To 313.5 As Dollar Shortage Persists / My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal / Gt Bank Coins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.