Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,773 members, 7,831,487 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Who Is Your Greatest Politician Of 2007! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Your Greatest Politician Of 2007! (2215 Views)

Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade / List Of 2007 National Honours Recipients: Etteh's Names Is Missing! / List Of 2007 Newly Elected Nigeria State Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Greatest Politician Of 2007! by almondjoy(f): 12:24am On Dec 21, 2007
Definitely Hugo Chavez--Venuezuela

For calling George Bush a "sulphuric acid smelling devil"!!!! The punch line of the year that got me laughing for months!
Re: Who Is Your Greatest Politician Of 2007! by bibiking1(m): 4:53am On Dec 21, 2007
this Putin guy sef seems to have put fear in a lot of people! thats why he is this revered.
i think he is just like everyother communist leader Russia has ever had.

@Almondjoy
what are you thinking about, Hugo what?, that guy is driving his country MAD!
Re: Who Is Your Greatest Politician Of 2007! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:48am On Dec 21, 2007
First and foremost Putin gets the nod as Greatet Politician f 2007
Who ever is asking for certain policies that he mandated can google them-up
It would be ubsurd to call the growth of the Russian (currently G8) economy a mere correlation.
Perestroika was supposed to bring an end to the Russian economic problem back in the 80's. this half-way reform did not work. In comes Yeltsin who frees up key commanding heights to oliglarcs, but it ws Putin who further led the transformation by making the poorer classes benafcators.
Like debosky mentioned Russia is Russian owned and this makes the westernworld envious. A country with the largest Nickel deposists and many other Natural resources. Kinda remind you of somewhere?
But leadership is precisely what has catapulted this nation to economic prowess.

By the by Russia has been a federal republic since 1991, when it was denounced by Yeltsin himself
Re: Who Is Your Greatest Politician Of 2007! by BigB11(m): 2:32pm On Dec 21, 2007
Posted by McKren
Putin may have murdered or imprisoned one or two persons who he considered a threat to his office, but there are those who have murdered a generation based on false intelligence and propelled by their insatiable thirst for oil.

Wow!
Re: Who Is Your Greatest Politician Of 2007! by Mamajama(m): 4:15pm On Dec 21, 2007
The western world select Putin to rule that contry to control the mafia, now that the guy is not answering to them, they want him out.

We all know how MOBUTU SESE SEKO got to be so powerful and rich. The western world watched him destroy his country and gave him protection
Re: Who Is Your Greatest Politician Of 2007! by bibiking1(m): 9:02pm On Dec 21, 2007
Mamajama:

The western world select Putin to rule that contry to control the mafia, now that the guy is not answering to them, they want him out.

We all know how MOBUTU SESE SEKO got to be so powerful and rich. The western world watched him destroy his country and gave him protection

bet that means you are tipping Putin as your politician of the year as well!
Re: Who Is Your Greatest Politician Of 2007! by shinystar(m): 3:32am On Dec 22, 2007
Alhaji Atiku Abubakar for facing up to tyrannical Obasanjo and truncating the despicable third term attempt. He has my vote/.
Re: Who Is Your Greatest Politician Of 2007! by WarfyBoy(m): 12:51am On Dec 24, 2007
what happened o mr. fix it?

nobody is tlking abt him here, or is he not fixin again?
Re: Who Is Your Greatest Politician Of 2007! by RichyBlacK(m): 5:40am On Dec 24, 2007
McKren:

Putin is obviously not a model democrat, yes he was a former KGB agent who is capable of doing anything to retain his authority

he will leave a better economy than he met it (regardless of what oil market forces you attribute this to), at least there are those who inherited the most vibrant economy in the world but will leave it in a mess, with House Prices skyrocketing, Bank and insurance companies failing, and energy bills skyrocketing because of their miscalculated war in the middle east.

Putin may have murdered or imprisoned one or two persons who he considered a threat to his office, but their are those who have murdered a generation based on false intelligence and propelled by their insatiable thirst for oil.

Putin will leave a better Foreign Image of Russia than he met it, his country is now taken more seriously in the scheme of things in the committee of Nations. There are those who inherited the once World police, the pacesetters, but will leave a country with a battered image not taken too seriously as was the case anymore.

Russians right now feel very good being Russians regardless of how the West wants to look at Putin, who knows a better definition of a Successful Leader?

Those who adore a failed leader merely because he is the US President, have no business lecturing us on who makes a great leader.

@McKren,
That was a very insightful piece you wrote there. More Nigerians need to recognize the tricks of the West - demonize those they cannot control!
Re: Who Is Your Greatest Politician Of 2007! by RichyBlacK(m): 5:47am On Dec 24, 2007
almondjoy:

Definitely Hugo Chavez--Venuezuela

For calling George Bush a "sulphuric acid smelling devil"!!!! The punch line of the year that got me laughing for months!

Yep, that speech was fantastic!

For South America, I agree with you completely: Hugo Chavez takes it!

For Central America and the Caribbean, I give it to Fidel Castro. Viva Castro! A living legend!
Re: Who Is Your Greatest Politician Of 2007! by RichyBlacK(m): 5:52am On Dec 24, 2007
Mamajama:

We know there tricks. Unfortunately, so many Africans have sold their souls to el Diablo - the Devil!
Re: Who Is Your Greatest Politician Of 2007! by bibiking1(m): 10:59am On Dec 24, 2007
i apologise for starting with Adedibu, my bad,

but that is no excuse for you guys to start tipping villianious tyrants as your politicians of the year?

I change my vote from Adedibu to Bola Ahmed Tinubu,
he can never go wrong can he?

so you guys should start picking people with some sense of objectivism

haba! CASTRO, CHAVEZ, ATIKU, please spare me!
Re: Who Is Your Greatest Politician Of 2007! by RichyBlacK(m): 11:43am On Dec 24, 2007
bibiking1:

i apologise for starting with Adedibu, my bad,

but that is no excuse for you guys to start tipping villianious tyrants as your politicians of the year?

I change my vote from Adedibu to Bola Ahmed Tinubu,
he can never go wrong can he?

so you guys should start picking people with some sense of objectivism

haba! CASTRO, CHAVEZ, ATIKU, please spare me!

What's wrong with Castro and Chavez? Is it because a section of the press (those controlled by the West - CNN, Fox, etc; I still have respect for the BBC) put them in bad light? Puleeeaazee! Make your nomination and let others make theirs. Don't go around criticizing the nominations of others, okay?

FYI: Castro, Chavez, Ahmadinejad, etc. are examples of strong leaders, bold enough to face Western bullies, who only care for those zombie nations they can order around - coalition of the bullied and bribed. grin
Re: Who Is Your Greatest Politician Of 2007! by EmekaNaija(m): 1:56pm On Dec 24, 2007
In Nigeria, i'll definitely vote Atiku Abubakar, Turakin Adamawa. He made me believe that all Politicians are not thugs. He also instilled in Nigerians the belief in the judiciary and the court system. And today, most Nigerians believe that Yaradua's election could be annuled by the tribunal. Just 365 days ago, it would have been a treasonable felony to think that a tribunal could ever sack a sitting President. Atiku removed the mystique. We now believe in Democracy. If the world can be unbiased, i think this man deserves a Nobel peace prize - other African nations that witnessed similar circumstance to our 2007 selections are in turmoil or civil war already.
Re: Who Is Your Greatest Politician Of 2007! by dearstan(m): 9:46pm On Dec 24, 2007
RichyBlacK:

What's wrong with Castro and Chavez? Is it because a section of the press (those controlled by the West - CNN, Fox, etc; I still have respect for the BBC) put them in bad light? Puleeeaazee! Make your nomination and let others make theirs. Don't go around criticizing the nominations of others, okay?

FYI: Castro, Chavez, Ahmadinejad, etc. are examples of strong leaders, bold enough to face Western bullies, who only care for those zombie nations they can order around - coalition of the bullied and bribed. grin

Yes they have a quixotic approach to leadership! they are strange! and that qualifies them as EVIL and TYRANTS
Re: Who Is Your Greatest Politician Of 2007! by bibiking1(m): 11:31pm On Dec 25, 2007
very well put!
Re: Who Is Your Greatest Politician Of 2007! by sewhenu(m): 12:33pm On Dec 26, 2007
My greatest politician of the yr 2007 in nigeria are those politicians that stood against corruption and defied nepotism in their judgement of events that has occured in this new regime,those who defied their party to do what was right for the country,those who ousted the nitwit Olubunmi Etteh, those are the people that deserve the recognition and praise. On the global scene it is an undisputed fact that Vladimir Putin was the greatest of the yr. He took a defined stance from 1st jan till now,he wasnt a puppet of the west and didnt care about western criticisms and he stil had approval ratings of over 80% all through the yr. No soviet or russian leader ever achieved such feat. And also this is an educated society where literacy is about 99.5% so you know what it means when such an elite society backs you. Surely russian democracy is different from the western type but it works,democracy means different things to different people. Am not saying he's peerless but only few leaders can match his character. Russia has more millionaires than any other nation in the world today,thriving economy and a superb dominance in world politics, he deserves to be praised to putting russia back among the league of super nations
Re: Who Is Your Greatest Politician Of 2007! by naijaking1: 1:11pm On Dec 26, 2007
I join Almondjoy on Hugo Chavez, not just for speaking up against Bush, but for giving millions of dollar worth of free heating oil to Americans.

Most of all, the guy conducted a free and fair referendum on political reforms which he narrowly lost.

Most unpatrotic politicians(you know who) could have rigged the election to win with 99.9999% margin.

Hugo is the man.
Re: Who Is Your Greatest Politician Of 2007! by bibiking1(m): 3:40pm On Dec 26, 2007
sewhenu:

My greatest politician of the yr 2007 in nigeria are those politicians that stood against corruption and defied nepotism in their judgement of events that has occured in this new regime,those who defied their party to do what was right for the country,those who ousted the nitwit Olubunmi Etteh, those are the people that deserve the recognition and praise. On the global scene it is an undisputed fact that Vladimir Putin was the greatest of the yr. He took a defined stance from 1st jan till now,he wasnt a puppet of the west and didnt care about western criticisms and he stil had approval ratings of over 80% all through the yr. No soviet or russian leader ever achieved such feat. And also this is an educated society where literacy is about 99.5% so you know what it means when such an elite society backs you. Surely russian democracy is different from the western type but it works,democracy means different things to different people. Am not saying he's peerless but only few leaders can match his character. Russia has more millionaires than any other nation in the world today,thriving economy and a superb dominance in world politics, he deserves to be praised to putting russia back among the league of super nations

I almost forgot about those guys! yeah i think they were fantastic
nice one Sewhenu

(1) (2) (Reply)

All Political Parties Must Present Northern Candidates - Acf / Nigeria-trained Doctors Rank Second On UK Blacklist . / Robert Mugabes Victory Speech In Harare- Lashes Out At Nelson Mandela

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.