Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? (6300 Views)

Poll: My job or my upcoming wedding?

the job: 19% (17 votes)
the wedding: 80% (71 votes)
This poll has ended

Starting A Business Or Getting A Job: 08 Powerful Strategies To... / Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA / Which Hand-made Work Or Craft Do You Think Is Most Reliable In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by emelumgini(f): 10:40am On Jan 04, 2008
MY sister i am short of words cos for ur boss to make this kind of statement may be there's something behind it. even if ur wedding comes up sat. or sun. there should be atleast few days for ur honey moon and ur boss is expecting u to come to work on ur wine carring day. i mean it's not fair or 're u guys friend before as in 're u going out with him or he wanted u to do so. pls explain better.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by needeeg(m): 8:33pm On Jan 12, 2008
@poster

You self, ur not serious with the weding! Which u know maybe ur husband can make it in rest of ur life, and is very posible to have another job, ur there thinking ur job or husband, rubish!!
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by bajito: 7:23pm On Jan 13, 2008
write an official letter requesting for days off for your wedding. Whatever be his response go ahead with your wedding. Resume after your wedding on the date as indicated on your letter. Your boss is a human being. it will be cruel for him to sack you because you got wedded during 'office hours'. And if he sacks you, my sister, you'd get a better offer!!!! wink
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by uchetobi(f): 11:46am On Jan 23, 2008
lawyerchap:

If you've worked before, you will always get another job. Getting a job is only difficult when you have never worked before and are totally without experience. But since you've already been working, there are better jobs waiting out there for you. If you get married and stay in this colossal jerk's employment, imagine what will happen when you need to go on maternity leave. Dearie, kick that job to the kerb and marry your sweetheart and drive off into the sunset Now i'm getting carried away wink wink.

mmhhh a man after my own heart. LOL. go with this advice honey
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by synderella: 5:01pm On Feb 18, 2008
I think you should have informed your boss in good time of your intended leave, dont you? At least that is how i know it is done, not to just present him with an IV out of the blue, not very professional gal.

I was in your position sometime ago albeit a bit different, i had just gotten my dream job and my wedding was a month away. To be honest, i was prepared to postpone the wedding if my boss did not give me leave and my husband was in full support! Afterall the job was an extra boost to our lives abroad and it wasnt easy to get.

God blessed us tho and i got 3 weeks leave when i requested it,

If its a good job, i would say thread carefully, unless u dey fear say ur man go run.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by OpeLovely(f): 7:09pm On Feb 18, 2008
The ball is in your court. And you have the answer.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by povallev(m): 2:01pm On May 11, 2008
Well it's very unfortunate how people have taken undue advantage of the economic sittuation of the country and the less prevelege status of others to treat them inhumanly. You Need the job and you need to get married in life. There may be a possibility to make a sacrifice between you and your husband to be. Can you schedule your marriage for weekend and have it done in as swift as possible a time and resume back to work? You would have loved to have enough nice times together for say a week but you can also make it in the night given this constrain. Get all necessary preparations done on your behalf and arrange all preliminary schedules for weekends prior that day. Make the people understand that it is your job constraint that made it that way.

Still, you can try to talk to your bus persistently and sending some the good staffs of the company to help appeal to him. I believe the company will not close down because of your absence. Is it a duty no body knows how to perform except u?
May God be with you and bring your good dreams to unstopable fulfilment.

Good luck and happy married life in advance
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by neneoge: 4:21pm On May 12, 2008
why would u be asking this type of question
do u think some people that r working without getting married r happy
please your marriage first. God can still give u another job.
especially if ur sure ur husband can take care of u. and he has a clear future.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are There Jobs In Nigeria's Graphic Design Industry / Checkout Nigerian Police Ranks And Salaries – See What IGP And The Rest Make / 6 Solid Ways To Put Up With A Difficult Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.