Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism (15557 Views)

Pregnant CNN Anchor Faints On Live Tv ( Photo) / The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) / Cnn's Fareed Zakaria Apologises, Suspended Over Plagiarism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by iragbijile: 9:27pm On Aug 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Your father is a mo'r'on

Of course, I didnt expect anything better from someone with an IQ of a dog. A supposed graduate of FUTA, who cant express himself without using curse words. You lack basic thinking skills, your writing is atrocious, worse than a third grader's, you dont even know that you have to capitalize 'america,' and you want us to be in awe of your intellect because you watch Fareed Zakaria re-runs ?. . . GTFOH you gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb.
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 11, 2012
Reviewing works of others is no crime in academics. Zakaria's only mistake is plagiarism "the failure to acknowledge d author of a used text". Pray he (Zakaria) bounces back soon!
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 11, 2012
iragbijile:
[s]
Of course, I didnt expect anything better from someone with an IQ of a dog. A supposed graduate of FUTA, who cant express himself without using curse words. You lack basic thinking skills, your writing is atrocious, worse than a third grader's, you dont even know that you have to capitalize 'america,' and you want us to be in awe of your intellect because you watch Fareed Zakaria re-runs ?. . . GTFOH you gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb.[/s]

If you are bold enough to attack me,sign in with your other id.You are that bi't'ch I used to know.So gofuckyourself.
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by iragbijile: 9:39pm On Aug 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

If you are bold enough to attack me,sign in with your other id.You are that bi't'ch I used to know.So gofuckyourself.

By the way, there is only one 'e' in arguments. Did they not teach you that at FUTA? You vulgar little maggot!
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 11, 2012
iragbijile:

By the way, there is only one 'e' in arguments. Did they not teach you that at FUTA? You vulgar little maggot!

Look at this arrogantbastard. . . .who gives a flying di'c'k what you think about me ? I made a comment about Fareed and you started following me like twitter.Are you high ?
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 11, 2012
copy and paste...una see urselves
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by afib4all(m): 10:03pm On Aug 11, 2012
am sure u've not been watching is programme, the guy is gud, know doubt about it but no1 is perfect
cheikh: esere826

@^^ How do you adjudge him being "highly intelligent" chap? Everyday is for the thief but someday he/she will be exposed. He's Indian by birth so nothing surprises me-" the End justifies the means". That is their inherent philosophy to life and to everything else. Corruption is never far from their backyard. It can be attributed to some character flaw if we look at it holistically - his roots sad. I am not easily impressed by some pseudo-intellectual American wannabe Indian. He is certainly not the first nor the last. There is more in the pipe line from where he comes from. Academic qualifications for them is the easiest path/pary to get into the "act" just like Nigerians excelling in academia too(qualifications) without originality/creativity either.
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by iragbijile: 10:05pm On Aug 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Look at this arrogantbastard. . . .who gives a flying di'c'k what you think about me ? I made a comment about Fareed and you started following me like twitter.Are you high ?

". . . and you started following me like twitter." What a crass reply from an unexposed, thick headed troglodyte who is yet to fully grasp the ubiquitous function of his keyboard's space bar. It is hard to believe how incredibly stupid you are. I feel debased just knowing that you exist.

2 Likes

Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by Tolaaaaannni(f): 10:12pm On Aug 11, 2012
shocked grin shocked grin shocked shocked E wo.. And i really liked him o. His credibility would be questioned from this point on.
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by GoldCircle: 10:14pm On Aug 11, 2012
so sad! Particularly liked his in-depth analysis of the crisis in the middle east. . .what a disaster. I hope he learns from it and moves on with his life. More importantly, i hope others are learning. I don't believe there's a conspiracy to set him up.
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by toria1980(f): 10:17pm On Aug 11, 2012
Abegi, make i hear word

what does Nigerians know about plagiarism and referencing

does Nigerian Universities teaches courses on Intellectual property?

how many books on Intellectual property will you find in Nigerian Libraries(if there is any)?

does an average Nigerian know their IP right?
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by betrani(m): 10:18pm On Aug 11, 2012
cheikh: esere826

@^^ How do you adjudge him being "highly intelligent" chap? Everyday is for the thief but someday he/she will be exposed. He's Indian by birth so nothing surprises me-" the End justifies the means". That is their inherent philosophy to life and to everything else. Corruption is never far from their backyard. It can be attributed to some character flaw if we look at it holistically - his roots sad. I am not easily impressed by some pseudo-intellectual American wannabe Indian. He is certainly not the first nor the last. There is more in the pipe line from where he comes from. Academic qualifications for them is the easiest path/pary to get into the "act" just like Nigerians excelling in academia too(qualifications) without originality/creativity either.
this is hw most of u run to conclusions! Do u ever weigh issues before u venture into exposing ur illiteracy? Everybody plagiarize but hw well u do it is what makes u good! The originator of the text I read there wasn't lephoar either her's is different because no one ever got his or her hand on the original text! Or mayb she remembered to give the originator a pat on the back
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by aribisala0(m): 10:19pm On Aug 11, 2012
iragbijile:

is dia any oda kain maggot?
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by hbrednic: 10:24pm On Aug 11, 2012
the guy and his gps sucks
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 11, 2012
toria1980: Abegi, make i hear word

what does Nigerians know about plagiarism and referencing

does Nigerian Universities teaches courses on Intellectual property?

how many books on Intellectual property will you find in Nigerian Libraries(if there is any)?

does an average Nigerian know their IP right?

Sad but true.
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by aribisala0(m): 10:25pm On Aug 11, 2012
iragbijile:

". . . and you started following me like twitter." What a crass reply from an unexposed, thick headed troglodyte who is yet to fully grasp the of his keyboard's space bar. It is hard to believe how incredibly stupid you are. I feel debased just knowing that you exist.
sorry buroda,please don't annoy,me i dunno book
what is ubiquitous function
i beg explain me
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 11, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: shocked grin shocked grin shocked shocked E wo.. And i really liked him o. His credibility would be questioned from this point on.

It doesnt change the fact that the guy is good though may not be perfect just like you and I.I can still recollect one of his GPS program where he poke fun at the US for exporting chopsticks to china shocked while china is building world-class bridge.I'm sure obama sef go vex that day.
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 11, 2012
aribisala0:
sorry buroda,please don't annoy,me i dunno book
what is ubiquitous function
i beg explain me

Just ignore her. . . . .
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by cheikh: 10:48pm On Aug 11, 2012
betrani
this is hw most of u run to conclusions! Do u ever weigh issues before u venture into exposing ur illiteracy? Everybody plagiarize but hw well u do it is what makes u good! The originator of the text I read there wasn't lephoar either her's is different because no one ever got his or her hand on the original text!

@^^ I suppose you are very literate/intelligent hence you wrote the above highlighted ^ grin. You are truly hilarious wink grin. Never mind, someday you'll understand the drift of what I wrote as Ajanlekoko certainly does. I am indifferent to Fareed et al. Why would I need a Fareed to "interpret"/"analyse" the world for me? Please try to be a "free" thinker and not "follow- follow". If you have a genuine need to understand the world around you, try to incorporate other "sources" too in your daily diet of "information/ analysis" by other "interpreters" not just those you already revere hence the hostility against my opinion wink. Did you not read the part where I mentioned Nigerians(lack of originality/creativity) too? grin. Did you miss it? Clearly you do not understand the drift of my post. Sorry oo grin.
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by PhysicsQED(m): 10:55pm On Aug 11, 2012
iragbijile:
I feel debased just knowing that you exist.

shocked

merciless
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by cheikh: 10:59pm On Aug 11, 2012
afib4all
am sure u've not been watching is programme, the guy is gud, know doubt about it but no1 is perfect

@^^ Where in my post did I say he was not good/bad? Obviously I've not been watching his programme avidly like you do grin. It is clear to me that you did not get the drift of my post. It appears to me only Ajanlekoko et al got the drift. Sorry ooo wink.
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by PhysicsQED(m): 11:10pm On Aug 11, 2012
betrani: this is hw most of u run to conclusions! Do u ever weigh issues before u venture into exposing ur illiteracy? Everybody plagiarize but hw well u do it is what makes u good! The originator of the text I read there wasn't lephoar either her's is different because no one ever got his or her hand on the original text! Or mayb she remembered to give the originator a pat on the back

I posted a another link in the second post in this thread to a different article that goes into more detail (with more instances) of the plagiarism from Fareed Zakaria. Read it and you'll probably understand the situation a little better.
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 11, 2012
Fareed is good and I enjoy reading his articles which often present a balanced view on major international hot topics. It's a sad day for him and the very end of what would have been an illustrious career. If it is the USA that I know, all his past articles would be analysed word for word, to the last letters and more damaging revelations might come out later. His credibility has been shattered for life.

Fareed's intelligence is over rated after all otherwise he would have known that in this present era it takes a click or two to reveal a plagiarized piece.
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by cheikh: 11:12pm On Aug 11, 2012
Jarus
Honourable he accepted the slip and apologized.

@^^ He had no choice but apologise or else face law suits etc. It is the easiest/cheapest way out of the mess. It is not Naija grin. The consequence for such misdeed is grave in the developed world especially U.S.A..
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 11, 2012
Jarus: Wow, can't believe this! Fareed, that brilliant guy. One of CNN's most respected analyst. Honourable he accepted the slip and apologized.

He's got no better alternative. On a lighter note, when is your mentor going to own up and apologise for plagiarized speeches delivered here and there?
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by doofanc: 11:23pm On Aug 11, 2012
LOL! the grammarian has been caught!! grin grin

@topic, it really unfortunate. Fareed's GPS remains my favorite program on CNN. His analytical prowess is simply superb.

What a pity
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by cheikh: 11:24pm On Aug 11, 2012
betrani
PhysicsQED
I posted a another link in the second post in this thread to a different article that goes into more detail (with more instances) of the plagiarism from Fareed Zakaria. Read it and you'll probably understand the situation a little better.

@^^ Thanks for helping me out grin grin. Talk about jumping into conclusion without actually/clearly understanding the essence of the topic grin. We are ever so much in a hurry and "I too know" or "playing smart and not being clever"/Bob Marley grin grin wink.
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by ektbear: 12:32am On Aug 12, 2012
oyb:

this one no be slip o

lets hope we wont start to see more accusations coming out of the woodwork

Your are probably right in your prediction. Once they start to examine his past work more deeply, likely more will come out.

Anyway, unfortunate. Sad to see such a bright career derailed by stuff like this.

1 Like

Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by Nobody: 12:52am On Aug 12, 2012
I dont care if Zakaria plagiarized the truth is, he brings the core truth to limelight. hardcore truth, they system is trying to silence him
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by Nobody: 3:16am On Aug 12, 2012
Fareed Zakaria is arguably the most unintelligent dude on CNN. I can't stand the dude!
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by esere826: 4:31am On Aug 12, 2012
I still think that Fareed is more intelligent that the average dude out there despite his wayo

I dont always agree with him, but do you know how tough it is to be able to weave an almost seamless narrative around geo-economical and social facts?
Re: Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 12, 2012
Billyonaire: I dont care if Zakaria plagiarized the truth is, he brings the core truth to limelight. hardcore truth, they system is trying to silence him

Just like Assange. . . . .Uncle Sam is just unnecessarily bitter and trying hard to pull whoever try to tell the world about its pseudo status.

Says much about the crusader of freedom !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern California / King Charles III Will Be Coronated On May 6, 2023. / Boris Johnson Quits Parliament Over Allegations Of Partying During COVID lockdow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.