Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,683 members, 7,955,539 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:39 AM

BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary (4013 Views)

NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum / NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests / Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary by blackwall(m): 8:54am On Aug 11, 2012
Bayero University students held a peaceful protest in Kano on Friday to demand the payment of their three years bursary from the state government.

The students took over some major streets in the metropolis as early as 9 am, carrying placards to express their displeasure over the unpaid bursary.

They threatened to scuttle the peace in Kano during the upcoming Eid-el-Fitri if the Rabiu Kwankwaso-led government failed to offset backlog of scholarship allowance due them.

Meanwhile, the state government dismissed their threat, saying that it had already voted about N400m to settle the unpaid bursary.

Speaking through the Director of Press and Public Relations, Mallam Halilu Dantiye, Kwankwaso assured them that the 60th executive council meeting had last Wednesday approved the total sum of N39.8m for the payment of the scholarship allowances through the Ministry of Higher Education.

However, he appealed to the students to refrain from any act that could disrupt the peace in the state.

He said, “We expect the students to imbibe the culture of peace in conflict resolution.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/buk-students-threaten-violence-over-bursary/
Re: BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 11, 2012
Nkan Nbe
Re: BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary by Fash20: 11:15am On Aug 11, 2012
Hmmm
Re: BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:18am On Aug 11, 2012
They'll be like sitting ducks in the crosshairs of the Boko Haramites.
Re: BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary by ariyebaba(m): 11:20am On Aug 11, 2012
Money palava ! smileysmileysmiley
Re: BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary by CHIMSKY(m): 11:23am On Aug 11, 2012
So bursary still exists in this country?I didnt know there were states that still gave their students bursaries?
Re: BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary by DICKtator: 11:53am On Aug 11, 2012
Boko Haram mentality!!!.
grin grin grin grin
Re: BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 11, 2012
what do kano state get dt they pay bursary?.......Must be an incentive for Aboki to go school..
Re: BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary by ndsmartt(m): 11:58am On Aug 11, 2012
Pls Mr. Governor try settle dos almajiris o. Becos at d end of d day, it will b the innocent Christains dat will b at d recieving end.

1 Like

Re: BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary by nazi9: 12:17pm On Aug 11, 2012
this is good.
Re: BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary by strangest(m): 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2012
Slowly, we are getting to know the tribe that are being marginalised..
Re: BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary by KDULAR: 12:24pm On Aug 11, 2012
Lucky chaps, I really envy them, bursary awards, salary from level 6 if you are a medical student or in any health related course, a favorable Quota system into federal govt jobs ( irrespective of competence , just produce the certificate) and admission, being begged to " just score 180 and above in Jamb and be assured of university admission, educational disadvantaged states status etc. I remembered in all my 2 years and 6 years in the polytechnic and university respectively, I only collected bursary once and to collect the 500 naira, I had to travel from the east to my state capital. Some are born just Lucky wink wink wink
Re: BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary by iaindabawa(m): 1:54pm On Aug 11, 2012
haba mr. What is 39 million,
how much did you intend to pay each student.
500naira
Re: BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary by mikolo80: 6:15pm On Aug 11, 2012
DICKtator: Boko Haram mentality!!!.
grin grin grin grin
DUDE,THEY FIGHTING FOR WHAT THEY THINK IS THEIRS WHAT ARE YOU DOIN
Re: BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary by eruditescholar1(m): 6:28pm On Aug 11, 2012
Tomorrow they will open there bucal cavity to talk of marginalization. There school fee is highly subsidized in addition to bursery incentive. They've made the Nigerian constitution to favour there cows and onions(hope u grab?), its high time we southerners rose up to fight this injustice frm this uncircumcised philistines. Yoruba,igbo, ibibio and ijaw shld integrate and determine the future of there unborn children.
Re: BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary by Jaideyone(m): 7:11pm On Aug 11, 2012
DICKtator: Boko Haram mentality!!!.
grin grin grin grin
splendidb20: what do kano state get dt they pay bursary?.......Must be an incentive for Aboki to go school..
ndsmartt: Pls Mr. Governor try settle dos almajiris o. Becos at d end of d day, it will b the innocent Christains dat will b at d recieving end.
strangest: Slowly, we are getting to know the tribe that are being marginalised..

Ignorance is bliss. What is boko haram mentallity about busary? How is it an incentive for abokis to go to school? You bigots should get urselves educated. all states pay busary from year to year. I'm a product of unilag and i know it. most states don't pay every year though but i'm sure ogun state and lagos state both payed about 3yrs ago. Ekiti payed too. There was a year lagos even payed 50k for busary. My sister collected the busary for Ogun state. My cousin collected for oyo. You fools should get yourselves educated. ret*arded tribalists!!!
Re: BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary by aia99: 9:21pm On Aug 11, 2012
Thank very much i like ur comment.i dont know why some people will jux begin to say wat they know not.pls if u dnt hv gud thing 2 say jux keep ur mouth shut
Re: BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary by EyesWideOpen(m): 11:04pm On Aug 11, 2012
And when did this happen? Lol. I'm a BUK student and I've no idea any such thing happened yesterday.
Thank God for Nairaland!
Re: BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary by basisop(m): 6:33am On Aug 12, 2012
EyesWideOpen: And when did this happen? Lol. I'm a BUK student and I've no idea any such thing happened yesterday.
Thank God for Nairaland!

"Mr blind eyes wide open" na so u no go know when bomb blow your a*s. Mulu anya!

1 Like

Re: BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary by GMacbeth: 8:23am On Aug 12, 2012
strangest: Slowly, we are getting to know the tribe that are being marginalised..
those fools will come out to say that they are been marginalised somebody is asking for war
Re: BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary by Carius(m): 8:40am On Aug 12, 2012
Nigerians and their twisted sense of priority.did this students ever bother to raise placards when their lecturers and fellow students were hacked down in cold blood for no just cause?so,the 'peanuts'they are clamouring for is of more value to them than human life..
Re: BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary by Samabu07(m): 8:51am On Aug 12, 2012
Alumni of ABU Zaria, virtually all the students in my school got bursary allocation except for the Eastern states that I'm clueless about.
Re: BUK Students Threaten To Shut-Down Kano Over Bursary by EyesWideOpen(m): 9:31pm On Aug 12, 2012
basisop:

"Mr blind eyes wide open" na so u no go know when bomb blow your a*s. Mulu anya!
Wats wit dis shiit U've typed? I neva kill ur ox, dnt take out ur frustration on me. GMAFB!

(1) (Reply)

See How A Man Who Graduated 4rm School Was Carried 2 His Home By Friends(pics) / (photo) What Happens When You Use Your School Fees For Ultimate Cycler. / Osun State University Screening Info---august 8th-11th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.