Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,236 members, 7,811,654 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves (13273 Views)

See How Lagosians Struggle To Get To Their Destinations After Heavy Rainfall / Lagosians, Are You Missing Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN)? / Help! Lagosians Are In Trouble. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Biggyd2: 1:59pm On Aug 11, 2012
ebamma: if you are attacked by an armed robber there are two things involved,its either he is armed with a knife or armed with a gun,if he is armed with a knife you are safe,but if he is armed with a gun there are two things involved,its either you give him what he wants or he shoots you,if you give him what he wants you are safe,but if he shoots you there are two things involved,its either you die on the spot or you are taken to a hospital.if you are taken to a hospital you are safe,but if you die on the spot,there are two things involved its either you go to heaven or go to hell.if you go to heaven you are safe but if you go to hell there is onLy one thing involved you are doomed

I beg no use laff kill pepsin o. grin grin grin grin
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 11, 2012
bashr8: lagos have always been like that i wonder why you people are complaining now, that state is know for people being robbed and extorted on the road and i dont even think theres anything the govt can do about it, you just have be careful.

True, it's a regular occurrence. You don't even need to be in a vehicle for you to be robbed.
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by wilxz(m): 2:05pm On Aug 11, 2012
Biggyd2:

Thanks. What a horrible experiece!Police uniform!na wa o. We will be grateful if you could avail us with the pic.

Dude, seriously! He should avail you wit pic of d incident. How is he suppose to take pic while fleeing for his life. Hmm so people sef...
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Biggyd2: 2:06pm On Aug 11, 2012
Kay-Dee:

[size=17pt]Lol!!
I was waylaid on 3rd mainland bridge one night in 2008, the 3 guys looked younger than the average Lagos street urchins and disguised as hawkers. It was the normal snail-speed movement that night and AC was bad so fresh air was a better option, i had my window down and my eyes scanning all mirrors for strange movements. When I pulled up to where they were standing and they were just staring at me, i pushed my power window button and the guy rushed over and held the window with his hand. Na so negotiation start o, the guy said he had a gun and was threatening to f**k me up if I didn't cooperate. In his words " ma je ki n ba tie je " . I was confused and a lil scared but on second thoughts, I asked myself "what kind of thief takes permission before pulling out his weapon" and I screamed at the guy and told him I had nothing for him, I just kept moving as he was still threatening I was shouting @ d guy and looking for a way to switch to the inner lane. The 3rd guy noticed I was stubborn and went to the car behind me, he got better cooperation from the other car and he called over the other 2 so they vamoosed from my side.

Some annoying drivers saw what was happening and knew i was tryin to get away but didn't even give me space to get in, I wont blame them for not stopping, I don't think I will myself but give me some damn space. Lol !!
[/size]

I salute your liver! From stories I have heard, they mostly approach drivers who have wound down windows. That 3rd mainland used to be really notorious.
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Biggyd2: 2:09pm On Aug 11, 2012
wilxz:

Dude, seriously! He should avail you wit pic of d incident. How is he suppose to take pic while fleeing for his life. Hmm so people sef...

Why don't we make this a feel good Saturday. Wahala too plenty for this country. What does it matter if there was pics or not. :DJust follow the follow. Got my drift? wink wink wink. Thanks y'all for your contributions so far.
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 11, 2012
little bastards were knocking on my window at mile 2 - i ignored them - i actually wanted to see if i could maneuver the car and slam the animals - and not quite 10 metres away nigerias's finest were engaged in what they do best - trying to shake down commuters

2 Likes

Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by KayDee4: 2:15pm On Aug 11, 2012
Biggyd2: I salute your liver! From stories I have heard, they mostly approach drivers who have wound down windows. That 3rd mainland used to be really notorious.

[size=17pt] I dey fear the liver sef make e no put me for trouble one day. Lol !!
I was a bit scared cos I had a family friend that was murdered @ Akpongbon not too long b4 then and colleagues come to work everyday with unpleasant stories of robbery encounters they night before.
I know the risk of driving with wound down windows and sharp sharp the next day, I sent the car in for the AC to be repaired.
[/size]
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Biggyd2: 2:18pm On Aug 11, 2012
oyb: little bastards were knocking on my window at mile 2 - i ignored them - i actually wanted to see if i could maneuver the car and slam the animals - and not quite 10 metres away nigerias's finest were engaged in what they do best - trying to shake down commuters

You are right, Mile 2 stretch to ojo and beyond is really terrible. Have you heard stories too of what they do to commuters (in public transport) to and from work? Those people are born heartless. And to imagine that the day their mothers gave birth to them, some even called parti. if only they knew!
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by ichidodo: 2:27pm On Aug 11, 2012
idowuswap: Hey na all those igbo guys comfirmed.bcoz hausa no fit robbe.yoruba na agbero.that s why igbo full lagos any how but they woulppd soon die like fowl.cus their eye 2 dey chukk 4 money
igbo boys na get time for petty armed robbery like that,we are way bigger than that. wats d diff btw an agbero and d road side robber..... well, ure answer is as good as mine.
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Biggyd2: 2:35pm On Aug 11, 2012
Kay-Dee:

[size=17pt] I dey fear the liver sef make e no put me for trouble one day. Lol !!
I was a bit scared cos I had a family friend that was murdered @ Akpongbon not too long b4 then and colleagues come to work everyday with unpleasant stories of robbery encounters they night before.
I know the risk of driving with wound down windows and sharp sharp the next day, I sent the car in for the AC to be repaired.
[/size]

I couldn't even have gone as far as you did! Most likely, the first thought that will occur to me is "bullet no know face". At least you were able to pull it off. So sorry about the death of your friend. Security is just a big problem in this country.
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by davades(m): 2:45pm On Aug 11, 2012
no dullin: I experienced sumfin similar @ 0shodi on a friday 9t.. I was coming back 4rm work.. I was in d vehicle wif my colleague(who was driving). Suddenly som1 approached 4rm d side and hit @ d glass.. While pointin @ a gun he had on his waist.. Damn!! I was scared.. He requested we wind down.. Ma colleague just acted like he was about 2 wind down.. And give em sumfin 4rm his pocket..
While he was doin dat... He ensured there was space b/w our car n d 1 in front.. And quickly sped off while switchin lanes..
But sumfin 4nee happened.. After we had escaped.. We saw anoda lady @ d xtreme lane n advised her 2 come on our lane.. Dat som1 tried robbin us on her lane.. We gave her space 2 come on our lane.. As soon as she did not long did dis same guy approached her vehicle.. Using d same tactics..
I was so glad d lady dint give in 2 their request..
It was an xperience!!
I bet y'all better ensure u have ur cars locked and glasses all up when u are in hold-ups..

No Dullin grin
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by bknight: 2:59pm On Aug 11, 2012
Its sad! Now, even if ur car does not hv ac, u better roll up and sit inside heat through d traffic

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 11, 2012
Are u sure some are nit registered in nairaland ans reading ....waiting for next pricckk tp bangg

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by eghost247(m): 3:09pm On Aug 11, 2012
This is just horrible

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Pimples(m): 3:14pm On Aug 11, 2012
ebamma: if you are attacked by an armed robber there are two things involved,its either he is armed with a knife or armed with a gun,if he is armed with a knife you are safe,but if he is armed with a gun there are two things involved,its either you give him what he wants or he shoots you,if you give him what he wants you are safe,but if he shoots you there are two things involved,its either you die on the spot or you are taken to a hospital.if you are taken to a hospital you are safe,but if you die on the spot,there are two things involved its either you go to heaven or go to hell.if you go to heaven you are safe but if you go to hell there is onLy one thing involved you are doomed

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Biggyd2: 3:22pm On Aug 11, 2012
davades:

No Dullin grin

Yes o! D name jus dey follow am!

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 11, 2012
Biggyd2:

Thanks. What a horrible experiece!Police uniform!na wa o. We will be grateful if you could avail us with the pic.

pics uploaded
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by na2day(m): 3:41pm On Aug 11, 2012
bandiejay:

pics uploaded

shocked ol boy!
Are you sure those guys were not hired assassins! grin
Na God save you o!
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2012
Goddamn country
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by KayDee4: 3:46pm On Aug 11, 2012
bandiejay:

pics uploaded

[size=17pt] Wow !!! Those guys must be javelin olympians. [/size]

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 11, 2012
Kay-Dee:

[size=17pt] Wow !!! Those guys must be javelin olympians. [/size]

lol grin Thank God am alive

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Bzoe(f): 4:14pm On Aug 11, 2012
God help us in naija

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Biggyd2: 4:17pm On Aug 11, 2012
bandiejay: Thank You

2 weeks ago, i was about to be robbed along iyana-ipaja i was comming from the airport i went to pick my friend who just came in to the country after i droped him at abidap hotel very close to where i live. I saw 3 hefty men in front of me with double barrels in police uniform but my mind told me police will always carry AK47 not double barrel so i increased my spead to avoid being stoped since there was no turning back. These guyz were mean without knowing one was hiding 1metre ahead he threw a stick towards me and God saved me cos i had to swerve to dodge it which was successful and eventually caused my car to be writen-off. I will post the picture of the car you see the stick right in-front of my windscreen hooked at the seat of the passenger thanks to God no one was there. angry angry angry

all in the name of whatever they want

OMG! You survived this with no human casualties? How can somebody intentionally do that to a car? Even when they knew you had beaten them to their game? I guess whatever drug they take controls them during that period. Pele o. At least you are alive to tell this story. Please can I seek your permission to forward this message and pics to my non NL friends? We need to be very careful.
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Biggyd2: 4:20pm On Aug 11, 2012
wilxz:

Have you seen the pics? Na wa o!
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Biggyd2: 4:51pm On Aug 11, 2012
bandiejay:

lol grin Thank God am alive

Yes o. This na Baba God no ni.
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Biggyd2: 4:52pm On Aug 11, 2012
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 11, 2012
azpekuliar:

But you guys are at the mercy of kidnappers nah. tongue

Kidnappers abi?. We are talking of petty arm robbery. If those petty road thiefs can steal in broad day light and go scot free those kidnappers u compare them with will hold lagos state ramson for 7 hrs and still go scot free.
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Yeske2(m): 5:41pm On Aug 11, 2012
Main reason nothing and i mean NOTHING would ever take me back to Lagos.
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by proudlyafrican(m): 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2012
This is just a daily occurrence as i have had the experience 3 consecutive times,they succeeded ones because i was carrying my wife and two kids.My wife was so scared that when i refused to roll down the glass she started pulling me that i cannot afford to kill her and the children with my stubbornness,people were just watching as if it was a movie while all this was going on.I had to relax myself rolled down the glass and they made a way with our valuable but not without a gift for my stubbornness,as they used the butt of the gun to hit my head,i started bleeding managed to get to a point and parked. The guy behind me saw everything and really gave a helping hand to tie my head with his T-shirt as mine was already soaked with blood, he also helped in directing me to a nearby hospital and ensured i was ok before he left. It is really sad and i don`t wish anyone to experience it. I wish Nigerians can be allowed to carry arms for self defense as obtainable in the U.S because for me that is the only remedy.

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by proudlyafrican(m): 6:06pm On Aug 11, 2012
[quote author=bandiejay]Thank You

2 weeks ago, i was about to be robbed along iyana-ipaja i was comming from the airport i went to pick my friend who just came in to the country after i droped him at abidap hotel very close to where i live. I saw 3 hefty men in front of me with double barrels in police uniform but my mind told me police will always carry AK47 not double barrel so i increased my spead to avoid being stoped since there was no turning back. These guyz were mean without knowing one was hiding 1metre ahead he threw a stick towards me and God saved me cos i had to swerve to dodge it which was successful and eventually caused my car to be writen-off. I will post the picture of the car you see the stick right in-front of my windscreen hooked at the seat of the passenger thanks to God no one was there.

Bro. seriously i am happy you are alive to tell this story,this guys are cowards. They have no guts just the influence of weed, alcohol and the guns they carry.You need to see them when they are under arrest,they are chickens.

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by cooldudeng(m): 6:07pm On Aug 11, 2012
Last Monday made it my third occurrence.

1 Eko bridge @ 1pm
2 Eko bridge @5.30pm
3. Mile 2 @ 3.30.

Na wa o. Lord knows am getting a jackknife, cos I know I can take on them, one on one.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano To Spend N345m For Ramadan Feeding / Aisha Buhari Distances Self From Fraudster Recently Arrested By DSS / Presidential Pardon: Morale Low In Handling High-profiled Cases – EFCC, ICPC Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.