Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,254 members, 7,811,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves (13274 Views)

See How Lagosians Struggle To Get To Their Destinations After Heavy Rainfall / Lagosians, Are You Missing Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN)? / Help! Lagosians Are In Trouble. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by cooldudeng(m): 6:10pm On Aug 11, 2012
proudlyafrican: This is just a daily occurrence as i have had the experience 3 consecutive times,they succeeded ones because i was carrying my wife and two kids.My wife was so scared that when i refused to roll down the glass she started pulling me that i cannot afford to kill her and the children with my stubbornness,people were just watching as if it was a movie while all this was going on.I had to relax myself rolled down the glass and they made a way with our valuable but not without a gift for my stubbornness,as they used the butt of the gun to hit my head,i started bleeding managed to get to a point and parked. The guy behind me saw everything and really gave a helping hand to tie my head with his T-shirt as mine was already soaked with blood, he also helped in directing me to a nearby hospital and ensured i was ok before he left. It is really sad and i don`t wish anyone to experience it. I wish Nigerians can be allowed to carry arms for self defense as obtainable in the U.S because for me that is the only remedy.

I couldn't agree more with the last part of ur post

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 11, 2012
Its always a bad experience.

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by femionasan(m): 7:27pm On Aug 11, 2012
Is it illegal to carry a taser in Nigeria? Anyone know what the law says about that?
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by EagleNest(m): 7:42pm On Aug 11, 2012
There are so many thieves and street urchins in Lagos.
The number of policemen on patrol are quite few,yet there are many unemployed youths who are willing to work.
The security votes are for what? Lagos is a jungle.

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by mbulela: 7:59pm On Aug 11, 2012
That mile 2 area is notorious for this.
It happened to me some months back.

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Biggyd2: 8:21pm On Aug 11, 2012
[quote author=proudlyafrican]

Quite sad to hear. I am of the opinion too that if government cannot guarantee us security, maybe we should be allowed to protect ourselves with arms. But that too will be seriously abused
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Biggyd2: 8:23pm On Aug 11, 2012
[quote author=cooldudeng]Last Monday made it my third occurrence.

That's really serious!
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by jpphilips(m): 8:26pm On Aug 11, 2012
na2day!:

grin Ol boy, u no know women!
She wants me to pull a seal team 6 stunt grin
What if the loon had bashed my head in? grin
mtshew!

guy u dull no be small, ur wife was right, how can your fellow man rob you on a good day at 'slap point' or 'pen knife point'?

What then is the diff btwn u and a woman? Those robberies are meant for women not men, try that in enugu and a banker in suit will give you the beating of a lifetime.

What you forgot is that the power window motor can deliver a torque strong enough to cut off blood supply in an artery.

One bingo threatened me with a pen knife to my face in traffic, i pretended as if i was reaching for my wallet and immediately engaged the power windows, guy, though i received a cut but my window held him till apologies started flying out.
He dropped the knife in the vehicle, when he attempted breaking the glass, i zoomed off, his arm still stuck in the glass, when i got space, i released him with heavy blood stain on the head with his own knife.

How can u be robbed without a gun? That's shameful to say the least, take a blow or a cut from that weapon and launch ur offensive, dats it.

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by ODB2: 8:27pm On Aug 11, 2012
[size=40pt]Lagos nefa spoil ohh[/size]

barbaric animals no wonder that mad man pastor is based there
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Afam4eva(m): 8:35pm On Aug 11, 2012
ebamma: if you are attacked by an armed robber there are two things involved,its either he is armed with a knife or armed with a gun,if he is armed with a knife you are safe,but if he is armed with a gun there are two things involved,its either you give him what he wants or he shoots you,if you give him what he wants you are safe,but if he shoots you there are two things involved,its either you die on the spot or you are taken to a hospital.if you are taken to a hospital you are safe,but if you die on the spot,there are two things involved its either you go to heaven or go to hell.if you go to heaven you are safe but if you go to hell there is onLy one thing involved you are doomed
Make Basketmouth catch you. Lol
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 11, 2012
Dats y it is called 'lagos na wa!'
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by delequake(m): 9:23pm On Aug 11, 2012
I will advice u guys to always have some sort of weapon in d car where u can easily reach for it in a flash when d need arises. As for me, I keep these innocent looking long screwdrivers at the pocket of my driverside door and woe betides any robber (without a gun obviously) who dare cross my path. A guy tried it once with me at Jakande estate gate in isolo and he ran for dear life when I brandished my razor sharp screwdriver at him and told him d next time he taps on my window, I'm going to injure him. We have to secure ourselves the best way we can in this country.

4 Likes

Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by vanminister: 9:48pm On Aug 11, 2012
shoot on sight.

legalise gun ownership in nigeria.

but only give the licence to people in professional standing.

these will ensure that the poor do no longer rob the rich any longer.
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by yurLink: 10:26pm On Aug 11, 2012
Funny enough, i saw a video of something like ds on youtube happening in SA, one white Dude that saw this woman screaming for help while one hoodlum was trying to rob her brought out his gun and shot at the criminal...luckily for him(the criminal) he wasn't hit but ran like mad and got injured while trying to escape and he got nothing for all his troubles..what i am saying in essence is...Relax the law on acquiring Legal arms, God know with a gun am 50 % safer in this country, if these Idiots know the random person they are trying to rob might have a gun, they would probably think twice before knocking on my window.
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by yurLink: 10:42pm On Aug 11, 2012
plus Lagosians sef, why can't people just gather and give these guys the beatings of their lives, most times they are 1 , two or threes, with a potential human number i.e the immediate vicinity in their hundreds, surely these guys can't overcome 20 brave dudes talkless of 100 0r 1000...Lagosians grow some balls mehn, make i grab d idiot for hand, make another hold hn leg..it wud really be fun beating the hell out of him
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by UKBobo(m): 12:05am On Aug 12, 2012
My father in law keeps machete in a cricket bat holder in his drive footwell.
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by KayDee4: 12:34am On Aug 12, 2012
yur Link: Funny enough, i saw a video of something like ds on youtube happening in SA, one white Dude that saw this woman screaming for help while one hoodlum was trying to rob her brought out his gun and shot at the criminal...luckily for him(the criminal) he wasn't hit but ran like mad and got injured while trying to escape and he got nothing for all his troubles..what i am saying in essence is...Relax the law on acquiring Legal arms, God know with a gun am 50 % safer in this country, if these Idiots know the random person they are trying to rob might have a gun, they would probably think twice before knocking on my window.
[size=17pt] I'm not in support of this, Nigerians are known to overdo things and I can just imagine what the "right to own arms" will lead to. I recommend proper training and better equipping for our policemen, still dont know why this is so hard to do if security is made a priority. [/size]

yur Link: plus Lagosians sef, why can't people just gather and give these guys the beatings of their lives, most times they are 1 , two or threes, with a potential human number i.e the immediate vicinity in their hundreds, surely these guys can't overcome 20 brave dudes talkless of 100 0r 1000...Lagosians grow some balls mehn, make i grab d idiot for hand, make another hold hn leg..it wud really be fun beating the hell out of him

[size=17pt] Lol!! nobody wan die. You can't confront a guy with a gun with your bare hands or even a machete. Most times they announce their arrival by shooting into the air and everyone runs for dear life. [/size]
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by na2day(m): 4:32am On Aug 12, 2012
jp philips:

guy u dull no be small, ur wife was right, how can your fellow man rob you on a good day at 'slap point' or 'pen knife point'?

What then is the diff btwn u and a woman? Those robberies are meant for women not men, try that in enugu and a banker in suit will give you the beating of a lifetime.

What you forgot is that the power window motor can deliver a torque strong enough to cut off blood supply in an artery.

One bingo threatened me with a pen knife to my face in traffic, i pretended as if i was reaching for my wallet and immediately engaged the power windows, guy, though i recieved a cut but my window held him till apologies started flying out.
He dropped the knife in the vehicle, when he attempted breaking the glass, i zoomed off, his arm still stuck in the glass, when i got space, i released him with heavy blood stain on the head.

How can u be robbed without a gun? That's shameful, take a blow or a cut from that weapon and launch ur offensive, dats it.

grin Ol boy!
In every situation, you weigh your options grin
if the option is skewed away from you, playing Jackie Chan is foolhardy grin
Especially when you have a woman and kids in the car, at that level, thinking of yourself alone is unthinkable grin
Of course, things can turn either way, and don't forget this is Lagos o grin
A jungle where every man is for himself grin

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by 4q: 7:15am On Aug 12, 2012
I have a baseball bat in my car, have flashed it twice at different attackers and they respected themselves, maybe cos they are just with knives. I also have a taser 1,000,000 volts, never had cause to use that yet. I also have a knife under my car seat. Presently trying to get a pepper spray. Lagos is a jungle and one has to be prepared. I know all these are of no use in the face of a gun, yet to have that experience and I do pray i dont, but regular hoodlums with knives will definitely get a fight from me.
The police will not protect you so whatever you can use to prtotect yourself that its not illegal please use.
Chances that one day, you will be accosted by these thugs as long as you live in Lagos is more than 50%.
Re: How Lagosians Are Robbed Daily By Traffic Thieves by jpphilips(m): 5:10pm On Aug 13, 2012
na2day!:

grin Ol boy!
In every situation, you weigh your options grin
if the option is skewed away from you, playing Jackie Chan is foolhardy grin
Especially when you have a woman and kids in the car, at that level, thinking of yourself alone is unthinkable grin
Of course, things can turn either way, and don't forget this is Lagos o grin
A jungle where every man is for himself grin

perhaps if you have an idea the kinda terrain i make my money, you may think twice collecting it without a gun.
listen, there are some things that are not meant for some people. you cannot rob me without a gun, its simple, whether there is a goat or ram in the car practically impossible, people that have tried have stories to tell, come with your Gun or get nothing. that's my motto!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Must Orji's Name Be On NTA News Bar? / Mimiko, Ladoja, Obi To Defect To PDP / Cross River State Has Not Banned Devotion In Schools –SSG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.