Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Laptop Good For Programming? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Laptop Good For Programming? (2031 Views)

Are Mini Laptops Good For Programming? / Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? / Best Operating System For Programming! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptop Good For Programming? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 12, 2012
Please guru in the house, is Hp Compaq 615 good for programming? It has a 1 gig RAM.. Is it ok?
(i hope it won't be slow for programming?).
Please help me out.
Thanks in advance..

http://godvillawess..com/
Re: Laptop Good For Programming? by okeyxyz(m): 9:01pm On Aug 12, 2012
Are you sure it has just 1gig ram? I don't expect any laptop these days to come with less than 2gig ram. other than that, it should serve your purpose.
Re: Laptop Good For Programming? by Nov1ce(m): 10:35pm On Aug 12, 2012
okeyxyz: Are you sure it has just 1gig ram? I don't expect any laptop these days to come with less than 2gig ram. other than that, it should serve your purpose.
It depends on what you'll be doing but any laptop I'll advice you start with something with 3GB of RAM and above so you don't get frustrated when your applications and services are taking forever to load...
Re: Laptop Good For Programming? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 12, 2012
Nov1ce:
It depends on what you'll be doing but any laptop I'll advice you start with something with 3GB of RAM and above so you don't get frustrated when your applications and services are taking forever to load...
So i can't use a 1 gig RAM laptop for programming?
Please sir,
is Hp 620 good for programming? It has 3gig of RAM.
Re: Laptop Good For Programming? by Kobojunkie: 11:44pm On Aug 12, 2012
handsomeness: Please guru in the house, is Hp Compaq 615 good for programming? It has a 1 gig RAM.. Is it ok?
(i hope it won't be slow for programming?).
Please help me out.
Thanks in advance..

If you are trying to buy that machine, I say you should not. For programming these days, 1GB is way too low. Look around for at least 3GB, but more is better.
Re: Laptop Good For Programming? by Nobody: 1:26am On Aug 13, 2012
Kobojunkie:

If you are trying to buy that machine, I say you should not. For programming these days, 1GB is way too low. Look around for at least 3GB, but more is better.
please Ma,
Which laptop do you suggest i buy ??
Re: Laptop Good For Programming? by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 13, 2012
Can't i buy more memory for the laptop?
Re: Laptop Good For Programming? by Holyrule(m): 9:46am On Aug 15, 2012
handsomeness: Can't i buy more memory for the laptop?
of course you can buy more memory... But will be better if you go for core i3 and above, 3gig ram and above. But just stick to ur budget size if u can't afford it ok. Increas the RAM size. Good luck.
Re: Laptop Good For Programming? by okeyxyz(m): 12:13pm On Aug 15, 2012
handsomeness: Can't i buy more memory for the laptop?

Just increase the ram & it'll serve you well.
Re: Laptop Good For Programming? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 15, 2012
even 512 ram will serve you, just dont put heavy programs on it, 1GB will get you going.
2 GB will be better
4GB will be great.

1 Like

Re: Laptop Good For Programming? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 15, 2012
Thanks for the feedback gurus.
Please how much can i buy the 1,2,3 gb Ram?
Re: Laptop Good For Programming? by Holyrule(m): 11:33pm On Aug 17, 2012
Don't even think of 512 Ram nor dream about it self.
Re: Laptop Good For Programming? by xatax(f): 6:14am On Aug 18, 2012
The HP 620 is alright. Go for it!
Re: Laptop Good For Programming? by princysharma90(f): 6:29am On Aug 18, 2012
I will also prefer 3GB or more as using 1GB laptop for programming will make your laptop processing slow and when you are programming then you need to have fast results but 1GB laptop will not serve this purpose. Sometimes even the software that you will need for programming takes much space so even they make your system work slow.

HP 620 will be fine.
Re: Laptop Good For Programming? by Everest9(m): 7:25pm On Aug 18, 2012
i have learn something Good cuz i will be buy one soon
Re: Laptop Good For Programming? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 18, 2012
come on guys, with 512, it's not like it'll take time to boot up, just that you may not enjoy the performance if you have too much apps running simultaneously.
well, some adobe product wont install with RAM lesser than 2GB though but hey, there are always ways around such restriction.

The OP obviously has 1GB in mind which is double of 512, maybe what he can afford right now, it's programming and not model rendering for animation.
Re: Laptop Good For Programming? by Kobojunkie: 3:10am On Aug 19, 2012
Even 1 GB is an abomination these days. Do not go for anything with less than 3GB. I had to get a new machine recently cause my old machine could not even handle GotoMeeting(go to meeting has a 2GB requirement) grin
Re: Laptop Good For Programming? by taofikyahaya: 9:21pm On Aug 19, 2012
SWIFT4GBROADBAND...FASTEST MODEM FOR YOUR INTERNET BROWSING....FOR PURCHASE AND HOME DELIVERY,U CAN ALWAYS CALL 08072142146,08035753502...ALSO U CAN REFER A FRIEND AND GET ONE MONTH FREE OF UR SUBSCRI

(1) (Reply)

Android, How To Display Image In Image View From Mysql / Is PHP A Must In Nigeria Tech Industry? / How Do I Disable The Cancel Button On The Top Corner Of Forms In C#?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.