Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,475 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Voguepay is Processing!!! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Voguepay is Processing!!! (2897 Views)

Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay / Please Help Before Voguepay Put Me Out Of Business / Eyowo Vs Voguepay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Voguepay is Processing!!! by flexgee: 8:35pm On Aug 12, 2012
I just discovered after about attempts from my site members that voguepay has a problem as they are not able to process payments for people who want to pay for services right now. Voguepay used to work up till now but right now, it's not just working. And their support services were not helping matters when i contacted them. The bottomline, I've lost over N100,000 from my transaction history on my account on their website.

Now the question is: Is it that all these Nigerian payment processing companies are a joke or what?
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by mrperfect(m): 9:38pm On Aug 12, 2012
In a case like this use multiple ways such as Email, forum, phone, Chat if all fail got to their office.
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by flexgee: 9:55pm On Aug 12, 2012
In a case like this use multiple ways such as Email, forum, phone, Chat if all fail got to their office.

You have got to be kidding me!! I'm considering pulling out.....imagine the loss! Simplepay4u.com begged me to integrate, even though they had visa processing and i bragged about voguepay and now this? meeeen........i'm just pissed!!!! I'm still considering what to do...but if it continues by monday, i'll leave voguepay!
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by lojik(m): 10:18pm On Aug 12, 2012
This is a problem with GTPay Portal. It affects only the cards processed through gtpay/Interswitch.
We have been communicating with GTPay and Interswitch and we hope it will be resolved tomorrow.

We have also triggered a notification to all VoguePay merchants which should be visible once they sign in. All failed transactions are being refunded to buyers' bank account or credited to merchant wallet upon manual confirmation of any payment till GTBank resolves this problem.

While VoguePay technical support works every day, Interswitch and GTPay technical support only responds on weekdays hence the delay in resolving it over the weekend.

Our support has been most responsive and all support tickets have been answered within minutes or at most, within hours. We have not left any merchant stranded on this issue and we will not leave any merchant stranded. We will ensure that no merchant will loose a penny even if we have to ask them to request a refund through their banks. Please submit a support ticket if you experience a broken transaction.

Please bear with us as we work with the Banks and Card Issuers to resolve this problem.

1 Like

Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by flexgee: 7:02am On Aug 13, 2012
This is a problem with GTPay Portal. It affects only the cards processed through gtpay/Interswitch.
We have been communicating with GTPay and Interswitch and we hope it will be resolved tomorrow.

We have also triggered a notification to all VoguePay merchants which should be visible once they sign in. All failed transactions are being refunded to buyers' bank account or credited to merchant wallet upon manual confirmation of any payment till GTBank resolves this problem.

While VoguePay technical support works every day, Interswitch and GTPay technical support only responds on weekdays hence the delay in resolving it over the weekend.

Our support has been most responsive and all support tickets have been answered within minutes or at most, within hours. We have not left any merchant stranded on this issue and we will not leave any merchant stranded. We will ensure that no merchant will loose a penny even if we have to ask them to request a refund through their banks. Please submit a support ticket if you experience a broken transaction.

Please bear with us as we work with the Banks and Card Issuers to resolve this problem.

Okay, i understand now. But frankly speaking, i think GTB's GTPay sucks as this issue is so important that they should be able to tackle it on non-business days because customers make use of their portals 24/7 to buy goods and services.
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by ojochidem(m): 8:24am On Aug 13, 2012
My customers started experiencing this on Friday 10th. I contacted VoguePay Support ASAP but they did not admit that there was any problem with the GTPay Portal. In times like these, the best thing to have done is to disable the payment process till the issue with GtPay is resolved. I was told that my customers need to contact their banks for a reversal of their funds.

1 Like

Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by lojik(m): 11:58am On Aug 13, 2012
We were not aware of the problem at first because Interswitch has connectivity issues with bank servers once in a while (e.g when your ATM card is debited and ATM machine does not dispense.). For those that reported early, the support team thought it was one of those problems. It was when the report became consistent that we had to start troubleshooting it.

Accept our sincere apologies.

We believe that the problem has been resolved now and you will be notified officially once we confirm that it is working flawlessly.
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by flexgee: 12:08pm On Aug 13, 2012
We were not aware of the problem at first because Interswitch has connectivity issues with bank servers once in a while (e.g when your ATM card is debited and ATM machine does not dispense.). For those that reported early, the support team thought it was one of those problems. It was when the report became consistent that we had to start troubleshooting it.

Accept our sincere apologies.

We believe that the problem has been resolved now and you will be notified officially once we confirm that it is working flawlessly.

Apolgies accepted. It was not your fault though but i really lost lots of sales.
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by databoy247(m): 1:30pm On Aug 13, 2012
I thought am the only one that lost money during transactions (the money(s) that was debited from my account and the anger of my client....which i lost including the money i was supposed to be paid). I was told to contact my bank, when it was voguepay i did business with and not GTBank. I sincerely hope the issue is resolved speedily so we can go about our normal business. undecided

As for the loss, i pray God that GTBank do a reversed transaction.
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 13, 2012
i no go lie the thing pain me like something else.

but nothing i fit do....

please vogue pay go to inter switch directly
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by lojik(m): 3:53pm On Aug 13, 2012
The technical part of going directly has been concluded. We are waiting for approval.
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by ojochidem(m): 9:13pm On Aug 13, 2012
lojik: The technical part of going directly has been concluded. We are waiting for approval.

That will be the BEST! Good thinking.
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 14, 2012
'trolling by. . .
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by flexgee: 10:26am On Aug 14, 2012
I hate to say this but it beats my heart to see how interswitch and their partners bill clients and deduct money from their accounts while on the other hand telling the clients on the merchant's site that their transaction was not successful. I've been mailed twice by 3 site members now thier their bank accounts were deducted several times while trying to make payments which were unsuccessful and yet their accounts were deducted. One clients had her account deducted thrice!!! And yet interswitch and voguepay and giving us the "Waiting" game? What do i tell my clients because as far as they know, it was my website they made the purchase? Na wa oooooo!!! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 14, 2012
Na wa o!!
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by DualCore1: 11:59am On Aug 14, 2012
Voguepay please disable the GTPay option until this is resolved. This is infuriating a lot of customers across different sites when they are debited and still get a failed transaction message.

This is not your fault but do some damage control. Disable that option or put a message on the transaction details page advising people not to use it as its temporarily down.

The people who use Voguepay see Voguepay as the people they are dealing with not GTPay or GTBank.

2 Likes

Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by databoy247(m): 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2012
Progress report on the situation pls... angry
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by lojik(m): 9:34pm On Aug 14, 2012
The issue we had over the weekend had been resolved since Monday morning and is not related to transaction errors that occur before or after then. We do not believe there is a cause to disable GTPay now as it is working fine.
We held a meeting with Interswitch recently on the issue of billing clients while saying transaction failed and they made us realize that this also happens with ATM machines and we can only report such or ask the client to report. We were made to understand that the fault is from the bank servers.

I paid for airline ticket online recently and got the same issue. This is an issue with the switching system/Banking system not VoguePay or GTPay.
Nigeria is still trying to get the cashless thing right and i must say that it is not yet perfect. If this error was from VoguePay or GTPay, it would not have dragged this long because Interswitch is very strict with their licenses and would have warned us to make adjustments or revoke our license.

My opinion is that this is an issue with the bank servers. They probably report unsuccessful debit to interswitch API and go ahead to debit the client accounts afterwards. Once interswitch gets the wrong message on a transaction, they would in-turn report a wrong message to our API and we display a wrong message to clients: TRANSACTION FAILED!

While this error only constitutes a very little fraction of all transactions that take place on VoguePay, we have not kept our fingers crossed. We have been seeking ways to prevent such from happening at all but there's little we can do. We cannot troubleshoot banking applications or switching applications for their owners.

You do not get this type of error with other cards or VoguePay-to-VoguePay Transactions.

1 Like

Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 14, 2012
MAKE I NO SAY ANYTHING AGAIN, MAKE HE NO BE I WAN SPOIL ANY COMPANY. IF I POST YOU SCREENSHOT

BUT NOTHING MAN GO DO,,, THINKING OF GOING TO INTERWSTICH DIRECTLY JOOR AS THIS AGGREGATOR THING NO FIT SOLVE OUR PROBLEM.

VOGUEPAY E PAIN ME SHA....
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by databoy247(m): 2:51am On Aug 15, 2012
Who wants to test run to know if problem still persists? Me i nor wan lose money again oh and i need to transact ASAP. I really dont have the time to contact the bank in case of any transaction errors because banks own naim worst pass angry
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by DualCore1: 10:07am On Aug 15, 2012
ActiveMan: THINKING OF GOING TO INTERWSTICH DIRECTLY JOOR
This solves nothing. When you go to Interswitch directly, you meet this problem directly.

...and I don't think Interswitch speaks English, they speak error codes.
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by abhosts(m): 10:34am On Aug 15, 2012
Dual Core:
This solves nothing. When you go to Interswitch directly, you meet this problem directly.

...and I don't think Interswitch speaks English, they speak error codes.

That is so untrue. Dealing in Interswitch Directly, saves you a lot of stress.
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by DualCore1: 10:48am On Aug 15, 2012
I don't think everyone understands this problem. This is NOT a Voguepay issue. This is a switching problem. Dealing directly with Interswitch does not solve any switching issues.
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 15, 2012
abhosts:

That is so untrue. Dealing in Interswitch Directly, saves you a lot of stress.

I do not mean to insult o, but that was a very ignoramus statement you just made!
Are you just trying to increase your number of posts or you seriously believe that? If so, you have been decepted!!!
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by abhosts(m): 12:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
Dual Core: I don't think everyone understands this problem. This is NOT a Voguepay issue. This is a switching problem. Dealing directly with Interswitch does not solve any switching issues.

We are learning everyday. Please could you explain why Direct Interswitch Merchants that use Webpay on their sites did not experience the same during that period?

My Rational is simple:

Aggregate Gateway >>> GTpay >>> Interswitch can not be the same as hooking up to Interswitch Directly. Please note that I am in no way criticizing the Aggregate guys that are making online payment more accessible to smaller sites. I think they are doing a good job.
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by DualCore1: 12:33pm On Aug 15, 2012
I am not talking about the issue that was raised as, according to Voguepay that was resolved on Monday. The issue I am talking about is bank accounts being debited while Interswitch is reporting a transaction failed situation. That problem existed even before these agregators were born. In theory the money is reversed after 24 hours. Practically the money is reversed after a couple of hours in most cases or never at all (maybe going to the bank to lay a complaint should work then, but this is Nigeria).

I did some transactions on one of Voguepay's merchant sites. It failed twice and I can confirm the first failure was reversed but I cannot confirm the second was reversed as its not in the account statement and the amount is too negligible to be detected.
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2012
*dhtml:

I do not mean to insult o, but that was a very ignoramus statement you just made!
Are you just trying to increase your number of posts or you seriously believe that? If so, you have been decepted!!!

I agree with abhosts on this one.

they are 4 servers involve here and anything can happen in btw the server connnection

THE CLIENT >>>>> VOGUEPAY >>>>>> GTPAY >>>>>> INTERSWITCH

THE PROBLEM CAN BE FROM ANY OF THE LAST 3

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE CONNECTION BTW GTPAY AND INTERSWITCH FAILS? WHAT IS VOGUEPAY GOING TO WORK WITH?

BACK TO THIS ISSUE.

i'm not putting any blame on VOGUEPAY they are doing a great job to come up with this, but they should please consider that they are highrisk company because they deal with MONEY.

but i am sure if voguepay goes directly to interswitch the problem will be minimize. because i see a problem with GTPAY.

please check out the percentage in the picture below. (i should not have do this), but this recent week he bi like something else
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by TalkWeb44: 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2012
ActiveMan:

I agree with abhosts on this one.

they are 4 servers involve here and anything can happen in btw the server connnection

THE CLIENT >>>>> VOGUEPAY >>>>>> GTPAY >>>>>> INTERSWITCH

THE PROBLEM CAN BE FROM ANY OF THE LAST 3

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE CONNECTION BTW GTPAY AND INTERSWITCH FAILS? WHAT IS VOGUEPAY GOING TO WORK WITH?

BACK TO THIS ISSUE.

i'm not putting any blame on VOGUEPAY they are doing a great job to come up with this, but they should please consider that they are highrisk company because they deal with MONEY.

but i am sure if voguepay goes directly to interswitch the problem will be minimize. because i see a problem with GTPAY.

please check out the percentage in the picture below. (i should not have do this), but this recent week he bi like something else

Your graph already indicate they have problem.........WHAT IS "PENDING?" ... how did they treat the percentage of pending payment ? i guess they confirm it manually each time they receive alert from their bank..grin If your site is code in php then /* */ round their payment script until you confirm the system is perfect again. Customer will hold you responsible not your processor. some of us don't know what is call processor we only care about where we buy service grin grin grin
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by TalkWeb44: 6:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
abhosts:

We are learning everyday. Please could you explain why Direct Interswitch Merchants that use Webpay on their sites did not experience the same during that period?

My Rational is simple:

Aggregate Gateway >>> GTpay >>> Interswitch can not be the same as hooking up to Interswitch Directly. Please note that I am in no way criticizing the Aggregate guys that are making online payment more accessible to smaller sites. I think they are doing a good job.

Why should you argue over this? What is your probability of getting error when you deal 1-1 and when you deal 1-1-1 it can never give you same result .. 1-1 is better.
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by lojik(m): 12:34am On Aug 16, 2012
When we approached interswitch for Aggregator license, they said it was technically impossible to give us the license. We spent about 3 months on that issue. GTB agreed to push the license for us so we went through GTB.

The transaction failed messages that occur once in a while is from Interswitch and partner banks. Anytime there is a complaint, we contact Interswitch directly. There has been no time that the issue was blamed on GTPay. I have stated on this forum before that we've held meetings with Interswitch on this issue and they didn't blame it on GTPay. The situation is not VoguePay specific but it became an issue on VoguePay because of the high volume of transactions VoguePay processes.

We have completed our direct integration with Interswitch but we are waiting for approval. Even when we finally integrate directly, it does not solve the switching problem. The problem has to be solved by Interswitch and partner banks. Not us or GTPay.

Your graph already indicate they have problem.........WHAT IS "PENDING?"
Pending is when your client initiates a payment but does not enter his card details.
Failed is when your client completes a transaction but Interswitch says the transaction did not succeed.
Approved is when your client completes a transaction and Interswitch says it is successful.

Please, stop pasting VoguePay's password protected contents on a public forum. That chart is only accessible to the appropriate VoguePay account owner but it is not the account owner's property and pasting it on a public forum violates VoguePay's Terms and conditions.

1 Like

Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by flexgee: 9:21am On Aug 16, 2012
Moderator please close this Topic, the issue has been resolved.

@activeman, you should not have put up that graph picture, It's against voguepay's terms i suppose.
Re: Voguepay is Processing!!! by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 16, 2012
Na wa for Nigerians o! Illiterates them be.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get A Free Payment Gateway For You Site. / How To Open Lesotho Paypal Account In Nigeria / Article Writer Available - Get Your Articles At Cheap Rates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.