Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign (10701 Views)

Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari / Okorocha Has Abandoned Imo For His Son-in-law, He Should Resign – Onuegbu / Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by peckhamboi: 9:36am On Aug 13, 2012
Christians in the North have asked President Goodluck Jonathan to resign over his comment on Boko Haram.

Jonathan was quoted to have said he could not crush the Islamic sect because “they are our siblings and you cannot set the army to wipe out your family”.

In a statement by its spokesman, Mr. Sunday Oibe, the Northern Christian Association of Nigeria said the comments credited to Jonathan was an indication that the country was in a helpless situation as the President “does not seem to understand the aim of the sect to destabilise his administration.”

According to the CAN, it is shocking for the President to say he will not deploy the military to deal with terrorist who have been killing other Nigerians and threatening the corporate existence of the country.

The body argued that it was clear that the President has been shielding the group at the expense of the lives of innocent people, urging Nigerians to have a rethink on the type of president that is governing the country at the moment.

The statement read in part, “What he is telling us now is that there is nothing he can do about it, but we know that the Federal Government has the capacity to stop the madness being unleashed on Nigerians. However, it is now obvious that the President will rather shield criminals.

“Every Nigerian can recall how former President Olusegun Obasanjo reacted when the Niger Delta militants attacked soldiers in Udi. Even though the militants were asking for their legitimate right, Obasanjo dealt with them squarely for resorting to criminality in agitating for their right. No country in the world will allow its soldiers, trained to defend the territorial integrity of the nation to be killed by a gang of criminals and get away with it.

“Nigerians can also recall that in Zaki – Biam, Benue state, the same Obasanjo as President sent troops to deal ruthlessly with the people there for allegedly killing soldiers.

“Now on a daily basis soldiers, police and other security personnel are being killed by Boko Haram members and the President has the effrontery to tell us that these murderers are members of the family and he cannot mobilise the army to deal with them.

“Jonathan has failed us Christians, he has failed Nigerians and he should resign because by this statement, it is very clear that he is not capable of handling the danger pose by the Boko Haram insurgency.”

Also, the Anglican Communion, Kaduna Diocese said illiteracy, unemployment and poverty in the North were not responsible for various crises in the region.

In a 10-point – communiqué issued at the end of the 1st session of the 19th Synod of the Diocese and signed by the Diocesan Bishop, Rt. Rev Josiah Idowu –Fearon, insisted that illiteracy, poverty and unemployment were never the cause of the sundry crises in the region as many were wont to believe.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-should-resign-northern-can/
Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 13, 2012
na wah for Bros Jona ooo
Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by peckhamboi: 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2012
Everybody deserting Retardeen.

His End is Near.
Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by Demdem(m): 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2012
peckhamboi: Christians in the North have asked President Goodluck Jonathan to resign over his comment on Boko Haram.

Jonathan was quoted to have said he could not crush the Islamic sect because “they are our siblings and you cannot set the army to wipe out your family”.

The Retardeen is right. PDP = Evil Boko as stated by AZAZi and are all members of the same family.
He cant just wipe them off like that. who will win the next election for him?
I feel u jare

8 Likes

Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by DICKtator: 12:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
Did GEJ really regard BH as family? I do not believe this!!!!
Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by slimdiggi: 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2012
I cant blame northern CAN,they feel the terror the most

1 Like

Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by Keky(m): 12:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
Bad luck
Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by Super1759: 12:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
This man should stop talking out of annoyance. He should be praying and not looking at the issue from the surface. GEJ isnot sleeping on the matter either. Anyway,he is overwhelmed like NL server most times

1 Like

Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by slimdiggi: 12:30pm On Aug 13, 2012
I cant blame northern CAN,they feel the terror the most undecided

1 Like

Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by bobokelly(m): 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2012
To resign?, that has never happen before in Nigeria, he would rather die, than to resign.

1 Like

Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by BabaEleko(m): 12:34pm On Aug 13, 2012
Super1759: This man should stop talking out of annoyance. He should be praying and not looking at the issue from the surface. GEJ isnot sleeping on the matter either. Anyway,he is overwhelmed like NL server most times

[size=14pt]You are not in your RIGHT state of mind. You're brain LEFT - Modenine[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by gramci: 12:35pm On Aug 13, 2012
Another gaffe by GEJ
Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by Chanchit: 12:35pm On Aug 13, 2012
Sorry to say, even Jesus Christ can't persuade GEJ to step down, cos Mama P' no go gree... So all d people asking him to resign r jst doin mouth exercise...

4 Likes

Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by ebamma(m): 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2012
president goodluck jonathan alias i had no shoes,you have disappointed me too,the only new project your administration has completed since the beginning of your administration is the cassava bread project.
Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by Lordave: 12:40pm On Aug 13, 2012
'Resign' becoming the second most ubiquitous/prominent word in Nigeria after 'Subsidy'. Waiting for Asari Dokubo to drop his own line.
Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by 1025: 12:40pm On Aug 13, 2012
i was expecting nigerians to attack this group the same ways they have been attacking Pastor Bakare. naturally, nigerians hate the truth.
pdp plus boko haram is equal to one. why is no one wondering why all the indicted boko haram/pdp members is not been punished in any manner?
we all know the truth but we keep running away from it.

DICKtator: Did GEJ really regard BH as family? I do not believe this!!!!
did u believe it when he said he was not a general in handling the matter of boko haram but sent out his soldiers against peaceful protesters in Lagos during the fuel subsidy in january? let us continue running away from the truth till one day.

8 Likes

Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by Mrhod: 12:41pm On Aug 13, 2012
It is very clear fr d begining dat dis govt know dose dat are behind dis killing, GEJ hv said it b4 dat some are in his govt 2 show dat he knows dem yet d soldiers are killing dem self n arrestin some innocent people. Hw long can we continue with al dis, is has become very clear dat GEJ dont gv a DEMN about us, it is on God dat can save us from GEJ not BOKO HARAM.

4 Likes

Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by jimino(m): 12:43pm On Aug 13, 2012
Nobdy would blame d northern christian 4 der comment because d government of GEJ is failing everyday. Imagine if u r a xtian in d north, u cn slp wit ur 2 eyes closed. If u go 2 church, u mind would b at rest because dose devil's agent call boko haram cn jst come nd attack dem. GEJ shld take real actions nd stop acting lyk a domat because he cnt fell deir pain. he shld meet OBJ 4 advices. Period
Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 13, 2012
I'm surprised people are now referencing obj's crackdown in Odi and Zaki Biam in the wake of boko haram's threat even when these same hypocrites condemned obj when he took those actions.Talk of double standard at its finesse.

2 Likes

Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by Kobojunkie: 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2012
Is this not the same CAN whose members, only last week, took it upon themselves to castigate Bakare for calling for the President's resignation? They should CAN it already!
Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by Mucokey(m): 12:47pm On Aug 13, 2012
Mr. GEJ shud at least take side with the law abiding citizenry n save face from his "undoing"...the boko boys, lest we re left with no other choice than concluding his unsavoury connivance thru the "rudiment" PDP.
Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by Mavrick2012: 12:52pm On Aug 13, 2012
Realy misin OBJ
Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by friedrice1: 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2012
The same northern CAN that Massively voted for Jonathan only last year.

1 Like

Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by alaoeri: 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2012
Thanks this is not coming from Bakare or El rufai, its only a matter of time before the larger populace 'll realise that GEJ is really jonzing.
Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by Mrhod: 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2012
Dose people dat are blamin d opposition, it tink it is bcomin clearer everyday 2 start drawin ur conclusion on where 2 turn 2, i no GEJ can neva ever resign, but he should remember Abacha, Gadafi, & some sturborn ruler. He should remember d poor n d defenseless Nigerian, & 4 once do d right tin.
Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by slowice(m): 12:54pm On Aug 13, 2012
Chanchit: Sorry to say, even Jesus Christ can't persuade GEJ to step down, cos Mama P' no go gree... So all d people asking him to resign r jst doin mouth exercise...
pls dnt bring d name of our lord into....dnt disrespect dat name pls for ur own good
Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by Mrhod: 12:54pm On Aug 13, 2012
Dose people dat are blamin d opposition, i tink it is bcomin clearer by d day 2 start drawin ur conclusion on where 2 turn 2, i no GEJ can neva ever resign, but he should remember Abacha, Gadafi, & some sturborn ruler. He should remember d poor n d defenseless Nigerian, & 4 once do d right tin.
Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by Emulti(m): 12:55pm On Aug 13, 2012
[quote author=peckhamboi]

I jst hope jona is not one of d sponsors of bokoharam!

2 Likes

Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by babestella: 12:58pm On Aug 13, 2012
I personally do not and will not support a failed government now nor in future. Now one thing should be clear to we all as Nigerians, Nigeria as a nation has very seriuos foundational problem. That has led to a factbwenall know today about some tribe of men, or some group of religious bigots bogusly making claims that the country's leadership position belongs to them. These same bigots have unequivocally made strong statements swearing to make this country ungovernable for Mr. GEJ.
Lets imagine what this country will look like if these same group comes out and swear that they will make this country governable for Mr. GEJ and say with with all sense of responsibility. I will leave you to romance the feeling of being secured in this country even in a place of worship.
These bigots are only interested in breweing chaos in the country so to discredit GEJ administration.

Now I ask, is it because GEJ is not a northerner, is it because he is a Christian? Ponder on this, or is it because some people where not able to snatch the seat of power even through the game of balloting which ultimately goes to the best rigger?

Listen up, all those calling for GEJ's resignation should stop that nonsense. For all I care, GEJ should remain in power even beyond 2015, and let's see what those who have sworn to make the country a living hell for him will do. GEJ is not getting it right, but could a northerner had done better? Leadership positions in this country is not an exclusive right of any tribe in this Nation much so for a region that has nothing to contribute to the economic development of this nation. I think then, that the South east deserve to lead this nation for another 20 years because much of the resources of this ill fated country is from the SE.

Mind you, I am not in support of his cart before the horse policies, but I will not support the promotion of terrorism just to discredit GEJ's administration. Let's call a spade a spade.
Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by honeric01(m): 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2012
hehehe jonathan the spokeman for MEND and BOKO HARAM. I'll continue saying it that pdp= boko haram.

You want to wipe away boko haram? Get rid of pdp and jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by lacasa: 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2012
Tnk God its CAN ds time arnnd

Wen Arewa youths, El. Rufai, Bakare and oodas said the same thing ϯo Jona, sycophants & bigots wer protecting Jona like their life depended on it undecided

Ain't †ђat Nigeria's Hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Northern CAN - GEJ Has Failed Us, He Should Resign by jude33084(m): 1:02pm On Aug 13, 2012
HIDDEN POST !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite / Meet The Largest Landlord In Lagos- Alhaji Bola Ahmed Tinubu. / NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.