Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,915 members, 7,824,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? (10004 Views)

One Piece (anime/manga) / The Most Violent Or Action Packed Movie Ever / Most Powerful Anime Or Manga Character Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 13, 2012
I'm re-watching old episodes of dragon ball and damn! this anime is really violent and to think this is the censored version!

i learnt bersek was so violent and raw that this same channel chose a time everybody was asleep including adults to show it.

what other violent series do you know and which has been the crudest so far?
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by grafikdon: 12:39pm On Aug 16, 2012
Claymore is up that ''violent anime'' alley. Black Lagoon also comes to mind. I'd mention Phantom and Madlax but the violence is not very frequent but when it happens, it is very disturbing and dark.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2012
Will search for them!
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by grafikdon: 2:27pm On Aug 16, 2012
While you're at it,also check out Elfen Lied, Deadman Wonderland, Buso Renkin and Speed Grapher.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 20, 2012
Hajime no hippo is pretty violent, but I am not following it so I will not say it's the most violent I have ever watched. The most violent is Naruto. . . . . . . . . . .

I know.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by mkmyers45(m): 3:08pm On Aug 20, 2012
Bleach,Naruto and One Piece are very violent..Swordfight and all
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by Avicenna: 4:30pm On Aug 20, 2012
mkmyers45: Bleach,Naruto and One Piece are very violent..Swordfight and all

fellis: Hajime no hippo is pretty violent, but I am not following it so I will not say it's the most violent I have ever watched. The most violent is Naruto. . . . . . . . . . .

I know.

Babies.grin

Watch berserk, all 25 episodes . Or samurai blade. Or even ordinary sword of stranger.

Sick, gory but awesome violence.

1 Like

Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by mkmyers45(m): 4:33pm On Aug 20, 2012
Avicenna:

Babies.grin

Watch berserk, all 25 episodes . Or samurai blade. Or even ordinary sword of stranger.

grin grin Your joking right?
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 20, 2012
Avicenna:

Babies.grin

There's even rape in bersek!
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by MacDaddy01: 5:36pm On Aug 20, 2012
Elfen lied
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by Avicenna: 6:23pm On Aug 20, 2012
michelin89:

There's even rape in bersek!

The writer is one sick, perverted lunatic!tongue
All in all, I sort of liked it. The actions I mean.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by firestar(f): 7:20pm On Aug 20, 2012
[size=18pt]Ninja Scroll among others.[/size]
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by mkmyers45(m): 7:35pm On Aug 20, 2012
firestar: [size=18pt]Ninja Scroll among others.[/size]
been trying to reach you.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by wiegraf: 1:15am On Aug 21, 2012
Animu:
Elfen Lied
Baccano
Shigurui

Mango:
Gantz
Beserk (I only read like 2 volumes though)..

If just downright disturbing. Not necessarily onscreen, probably more troubling than the ones above though
Animu:
Higurashi
Now and then, here and there (very, very, troubling...)
Claymore (early episodes)
FMA , first rendition (I'll never forget that doctor, with his daughter *shivers*)

Actually, probably many others. There's some really sick stuff out there...
bible bla... heh heh
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by PhysicsQED(m): 7:37pm On Sep 18, 2012
Watch the anime "Basilisk":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilisk_%28manga%29

The storyline is brilliant and the deaths are all ingenious/clever but savage and violent.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by PhysicsQED(m): 7:47pm On Sep 18, 2012
Also check out "Speed Grapher". Pretty weird story but there's some violence in there as well and the storyline does have its interesting moments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_Grapher

Also, the ones others have already mentioned: Elfen Lied (which has a great story), Berserk, Ninja Scroll.

I also recommend Deadman Wonderland:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadman_Wonderland

There's a lot of violence in there as well. Although the series is short, it's pretty entertaining.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by PhysicsQED(m): 8:07pm On Sep 18, 2012
The classic anime movie Akira is pretty violent. It's also a very good movie as well.

Darker than Black:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darker_than_Black

I consider this an anime with a very good setup/story and interesting characters.

Also Black Butler and the vampire anime Black Blood Brothers have some violence.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by Next2Bezee(m): 5:48am On Sep 19, 2012
Elfhen Lied,
Deadman Wonderland
Claymore
High School of the dead (And its ecchi too cheesy)
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by wiegraf: 6:13am On Sep 19, 2012
Honorable mention of mnenosyne, 3*3 eyes
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by vescucci(m): 10:04am On Sep 22, 2012
Where is the best place to download these things?
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by wiegraf: 10:37am On Sep 22, 2012
Amazon. Do you mean to pirate your anime? That's stealing. Don't you feel bad? You should. You might be a horrible, horrible person

9ja bandwidth is $hitty, so what I used to do was use a grabber, like dap's own, and instead of watching the movies from an online viewing site (there are tonnes, just google, I haven't done this in a long time so I can't give you any recent sites, and their lifespans are usually short), I'd download them. The quality of video gotten this way was poor though. If bandwidth is not an issue, simply use torrents. In fact, I think mkv files are rather small so I would use torrents maybe even with bandwidth restrictions, again been a while so I'm not sure. Google for details (tip - dap works best with internet explorer from my experience)
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by PhysicsQED(m): 1:49am On Oct 01, 2012
vescucci: Where is the best place to download these things?

I would recommend just watching them online (if you have the bandwidth, that is).

This is a particularly good site: http://www.kuroanime.com/

There is also some anime on Hulu.com.

If you can't stream them, then your best bet is to search a torrent hosting site like piratebay and just download them (but downloading multiple whole series would take up significant amounts of hard drive space).
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by PhysicsQED(m): 2:07am On Oct 01, 2012
wiegraf: Honorable mention of mnenosyne, 3*3 eyes

I watched Mnemosyne a little while after seeing you mention it here. There was some violence in each episode, definitely, and she did keep getting killed, but the perverseness/lewdness of parts of the story and the sex-related content stood out to me much more than the violence. Overall it was very entertaining (although the ending was a bit weird/gross). Thanks for (unintentionally) bringing it to my attention.

I think I'll take a look at 3*3 eyes as well.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by wiegraf: 5:56am On Oct 01, 2012
PhysicsQED:

I watched Mnemosyne a little while after seeing you mention it here. There was some violence in each episode, definitely, and she did keep getting killed, but the perverseness/lewdness of parts of the story and the sex-related content stood out to me much more than the violence. Overall it was very entertaining (although the ending was a bit weird/gross). Thanks for (unintentionally) bringing it to my attention.

I think I'll take a look at 3*3 eyes as well.

My inability to focus probably got in the way, 3x3 eyes is probably one of the softer I recommended as far as violence is concerned. Looking at that list, I'd say they are more, what word to use... disturbing (still can't think of a better term) than violent shonen-like. I suppose something like s-cryed or gun x sword would qualify as violent, they each have a monster of the week (and are directed by oga goro from code geass, does code geass qualify as violent?).
Then again, they are also more or else regular shonen which are sort of ubiquitous. Stand out, as far as having a different feel and being fairly violent I would think would be shigurui, maybe baccano (def different, well, seinen at least, I'm just not a huge fan, but it's undeniably good). 3x3 eyes does have its charm though, you could say it has its own unique feel, and the prerequisite hapless immortal violently dying rather creatively again, and again, lol (personally, I'd rather watch 3x3 over say baccano, but I can't say it's the more violent).

Others violent, fairly disturbing,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpse_Princess
Is a strange beast, didn't pick up for me till later episodes, when it did though it did well. has it's unique feel too, fairly violent, some great action scenes...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birdy_the_Mighty
Never really grabbed me as far story is concerned. Action scenes different, but perhaps the best I've seen. Some are just ridiculous

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ga-rei
Never finished this, can't remember why, story was meh I guess. action? violence? Has one of the best opening episodes I've seen as far those 2 categories were concerned, and sort of maintained the pace.

I got the kip thorne book you reccommended a while back, thanks, its been useful, I hope to digest it properly soon enough
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by vescucci(m): 6:17am On Oct 01, 2012
^^^Lol. The robot marked your post as spam. Freed now
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by vescucci(m): 6:17am On Oct 01, 2012
PhysicsQED:

I would recommend just watching them online (if you have the bandwidth, that is).

This is a particularly good site: http://www.kuroanime.com/

There are is also some anime on Hulu.com.

If you can't stream them, then your best bet is to search a torrent hosting site like piratebay and just download them (but downloading multiple whole series would take up significant amounts of hard drive space).

Thanks man
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by vescucci(m): 6:18am On Oct 01, 2012
I started Elfen Lied yesterday and the first episode made me shout "Good Lord" a couple of times.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by vescucci(m): 6:24am On Oct 01, 2012
wiegraf: Amazon. Do you mean to pirate your anime? That's stealing. Don't you feel bad? You should. You might be a horrible, horrible person

9ja bandwidth is $hitty, so what I used to do was use a grabber, like dap's own, and instead of watching the movies from an online viewing site (there are tonnes, just google, I haven't done this in a long time so I can't give you any recent sites, and their lifespans are usually short), I'd download them. The quality of video gotten this way was poor though. If bandwidth is not an issue, simply use torrents. In fact, I think mkv files are rather small so I would use torrents maybe even with bandwidth restrictions, again been a while so I'm not sure. Google for details (tip - dap works best with internet explorer from my experience)

I have fairly unlimited bandwidth. But my external hard drives are almost full though. When it comes to good stuff to watch, I have a fear of some apocalypse that will bring down everything on the internet. So I collect a lot of movies and stuff that I wanna show my kids. ( '-')
As for torrents, some of them have little seeders. Anyways, my favourite anime are those that don't drag on forever like Elfen Lied and Death Note. So, I don't even bother with stuff like Bleach. I've stopped following Naruto. It's starting to make me feel like Kishimoto makes his stories up as he goes.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by LightningLord: 7:20am On Oct 01, 2012
Who dare ban me!!!
Answer me!!!
Will it unglue?!
It was the links, wasn't it?!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munto
Excellent action scenes, a lot of them too. Not the first version, the second one.. Not so special story for me here as well

The second season of full metal panic (the proper 2nd season, there's an in between season, a full one, but it's just slice of life, gags, etc, so I suppose technically I mean the 3rd series) is really good all round, some beautiful mecha scenes...

@ves,
This isn't everything I've seen, but a lot of my favs are there, and ranked. And not too many never ending shonen around anyways

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/whatanimu

Kishi does make his stuff up whimsically, I'll give him credit for tobi though (not sure why I like him). I gave up on d kubo a loooooonnnnnggggg time ago. I wouldn't want to follow the man's thoughts, if you can call them that. Oda is not so special but still boss, just know you'll finish one piece with your grand kids, maybe..
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by LightningLord: 7:32am On Oct 01, 2012
For anyone else interested

Download this
www.thepiratebay.se/torrent/7387367/Download_Accelerator_Plus_(DAP)_10.0.3.3___crack

Install, follow instructions to crack in text file or the comments of the link. Restart browser (works best with ie for me). From now on anything you watch a video there's a download link button above, use it to store the video on hdd. Rather fast, depending on the site..

Or just use torrents... I think mkvs are small, dunno its been a while
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by vescucci(m): 10:39am On Oct 01, 2012
^^^Are you wiegraf?

Lol, it's funny I just started to download One Piece cuz someone recommended him to me. I later realised what you said, it's one long ass show. First season from my torrent downloader preview seems to be 62 episodes!!! I have downloaded about 2.5Gb of it already so I'll just finish it. But I don't think I'll continue. When it's not Dragonauts tongue

Myanimelist, a friend of mine introduced me to it. I have an account but damn, I'm a novice compared to some folks!!! I'll check out your list since it's ranked. Thanks
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by wiegraf: 6:52pm On Oct 01, 2012
Dragonauts .... Gonzo is the studio
grin grin grin grin grin

Gonzo used to be either brilliant, or a complete and utter clusterf***... They went broke, died... Then were resurrected... Not followed since, but personally, I for on welcome our fan service overlords back grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria's Nollywood Eclipsing Hollywood In Africa / Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos / 3g Wifi With Gprs Sim Card Hd Satellite Reciever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.